TOCA Season 4.2 - DaxCobra, Paul Mack, VenoMMotorsports Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,050 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you ran a mid-rpm rather than high-rpm then you are staying in the powerband for longer i think. the high end would give you a higher top speed, but if you had a drag race coming out of parabolica where you both started at 80 mph then i think the mid rpm car would win.

i have M1 and c1 to retake, and im really annoyed that it did 🤬 in them. i got two A's in the mock :grumpy: . i only have 7 exams in summer, so i have it kinda light (critical thinking doesn't count) . 6 of those are maths :D. and the last is Physics , which is pretty much maths :D

I got C1 retake, C2, S1. (edexcel)
Physics Unit 1, Unit 2 retake (AQA)
Biology Unit 1 retake, Unit 2 (AQA)
Chemistry Unit 1, Unit 2 (edexcel)
Critical Thinking Unit 1 retake, Unit 2. (OCR)

Beat that, gokartman lol. Critical thinking is ridiculously late as well for me.

I'm trying things. I still think this is a little bit of a storm in a teacup, but additional research always helps.

I agree. As far as I'm aware there is still no evidence to suggest the VW is 1.5 seconds faster in terms of solid evidence, not just claims.

Volvo is way behind on 2'03s with a basic setup. :(

How is there no solid evidence I did that lap in the race room with all the restrictions on as they should be. Also I got a 2:01.4 from the Volvo at Monza.

I got C1 retake, C2, S1. (edexcel)
Physics Unit 1, Unit 2 retake (AQA)
Biology Unit 1 retake, Unit 2 (AQA)
Chemistry Unit 1, Unit 2 (edexcel)
Critical Thinking Unit 1 retake, Unit 2. (OCR)

Beat that, gokartman lol. Critical thinking is ridiculously late as well for me.

i dropped biology in march cos i found it so dull :P
i now have :

Physics : unit 2 (AQA)
Maths : C1 retake, C2,S1 aqa
further maths : M1,M2 FP1 aqa
and crit, which is also OCR

Theres no evidence from the VW guys -Tom/Sumo/Furi

Also yesterday I overtook Tom and Sumo with slipstream. Not easy, but they clearly werent as people have claimed 7mph faster.

Also the Mazda guys keep denying the evdience that Carracer had from testing it - so can you see why everyone else is denying your testing?

How is there no solid evidence I did that lap in the race room with all the restrictions on as they should be. Also I got a 2:01.4 from the Volvo at Monza.

As I said. As far as I'm aware there's no real evidence. Just claims.

Im not sure, why dont we do something simple like adding ballast, taking off some BHP?

but if thats the only offer then yeah.

No one denied the Mazda wasnt quick at AR but the fact remained there was 3 cars fighting for the lead in race 1 and in qualifing. (Mazda, Ford and Honda)

Which is what we expected and Infinti won too.

This isnt just claims... (Photo evidence) and DK was behind when I did that lap he straight away asked for me to test it on 285bhp.

007.jpg

2:02.9 for me at Monza, consistent 2:03's. With BOTH settings. Without this threa descending into a war again, (i'll lock it if it does.) i'll point out that Paul being so quick in the VW is proof that it is driver skill. He's a quick driver and I can't deny that. The VW's speed was already known anyway from SSRX testing in a straight line...

it's up to you which turbo you run, i would like to see everyone on the same pace. i will do a few laps and see what i get

This isnt just claims... (Photo evidence) and DK was behind when I did that lap he straight away asked for me to test it on 285bhp.

007.jpg

But still there is no overwhelming evidence that the VW is too fast. If multiple people were posting times that are 2 seconds faster then I'll concede that it is too fast.

EDIT: I'm not going to argue about it, I'm just saying that in order to convince people that the VW is too fast, you have to present evidence which would leave no other conclusion. 👍

I dont see how you can be 3 secs slower on "driver skill" especialy on such a straight track with only a few corners.

You can question my merits all you like but I am known and trusted by many people who know me as a clean fair guy.

I'll point out at Mick being slower in the Honda by a few seconds per lap than the others. Thats not implying the other Honda's cheat, he's simply not as fast. I'm not the fastest driver of all time either.

I'll point out at Mick being slower in the Honda by a few seconds per lap than the others. Thats not implying the other Honda's cheat, he's simply not as fast. I'm not the fastest driver of all time either.

I don't think it's even that so much as how well you can setup a car. :)

If we start talking about people being too fast ill point you to FMSC and Integras where in the same car GTP_Aderrrm is over a second quicker a lap than 2nd.

For e.g
4y0tE.png

To put it into context GV27 took the GT300 Pal title in WSGTC S3.

If we start talking about people being too fast ill point you to FMSC and Integras where in the same car GTP_Aderrrm is over a second quicker a lap than 2nd.

For e.g
4y0tE.png

Yes and I've raced GTP_Biffy who in the same car is incredibly quick. Driver has a lot to do with it, and i'm not a lightning fast driver.

Yes and I've raced GTP_Biffy who in the same car is incredibly quick. Driver has a lot to do with it, and i'm not a lightning fast driver.

Likewise carracer. And some of us have matched his pace and even beaten him but often he is very fast. 👍

For e.g
4y0tE.png

Or Mule who competes with some of you in NASCAR and was in the original 4.1 TOCA season, no idea where he was in qualifying though...

Likewise carracer. And some of us have matched his pace and even beaten him but often he is very fast. 👍

Carracer was like lightning in legends last night, he would had Akmuq if I didn't hold him up.

I love how Furi tries to convince people that VW isn't dominative at Monza...

Monza is a VW track, same as Autumn Ring is a Mazda track.

Or Mule who competes with some of you in NASCAR and was in the original 4.1 TOCA season, no idea where he was in qualifying though...

Mule was mid-grid IIRC.

All I can remember is that the "Famous Five" of us, straight from S3, were nicely dominative in qualifying for Cape Ring. :)

Carracer was like lightning in legends last night, he would had Akmuq if I didn't hold him up.

I would have won if it wasn't for the messed up grids and my step mum accidently switching the modem off... :ouch:

Monza is a VW track, same as Autumn Ring is a Mazda track.

Apart from the fact that the VW is potentially only a couple of tenths off of the Mazda there, and the Honda was matching the Mazda, and at Monza the Scirocco is over a second faster. Doesn't really work out fair I think.

Mule was mid-grid IIRC.

I like bananas.

All I can remember is that the "Famous Five" of us, straight from S3, were nicely dominative in qualifying for Cape Ring. :)

I remember 1st attempt at TOCA 4.1 akmuq pipped me to pole, and then 2nd attempt I got pole, race started and I got the bug. I think Akmuq had the upper hand back then.

I always get held back because I'm not particularly good at setting up. :(

That's why I did so well in the Elise Club Cup. :)

I remember that, I made the perfect lap, and it was a track I didn't think I'd be any good at.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back