TOCA Season 4.2 - DaxCobra, Paul Mack, VenoMMotorsports Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,050 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the host have an advantage over weather setting? Everyone else would know too and it's not like the host can guess when its going to rain

Because he can set his car up and practise at the certain amount of water on track...??

also the weather may change the order of the cars and VW may not have an advantage at all in wet conditions

Lets think serious here:

Honda: Lightweight, good handling, lack of torque will make it easy to drive.
VW: Fast, but bogs down badly under accel. Probably a bit unstable as well.
Volvo: Torque monster. Will eat straights and then itself around turns.
Mini: Probably nimble enough to do an "Italian Job" through corners.
Mazda: Will zip around the place.
Infiniti: RWD. Slidey. But very rapid.
Ford: Rapid but weight will hurt cornering.

Volvo: Torque monster. Will eat straights and then itself around turns.

The Volvo is no quicker than the Mazda on the straights. :odd:

Nope the whole car. Like I said try the thing with your hand.

Its like the early wings in F1 they were little more than sloped pieces of metal to acheive downforce as an upwrds slope will create downforce but its not done in racing as that means the air under the car slows down as the space gets bigger creating lift.

Yes, but the front will lift more than the rear if the front is higher due to the air whipping under the car and catching on the underside.

back to what you guys were saying about ride height and how it affects aero. I was reading somewhere that the ride height only affects mechanical grip, as in they havent taken into account that if you run a higher front than rear the car could potentially flip. It only adjusts the centre of mass of the car, it raises it and lowers it. it doesn't affect how the air travels around the car

back to what you guys were saying about ride height and how it affects aero. I was reading somewhere that the ride height only affects mechanical grip, as in they havent taken into account that if you run a higher front than rear the car could potentially flip. It only adjusts the centre of mass of the car, it raises it and lowers it. it doesn't affect how the air travels around the car

Yes this is true, but the rear:front ratio is taken into account as well.

Higher= More acceleration grip (Lateral)
Lower= Better cornering grip (Longitudinal)

But higher front with lower rear means more grip at the front and a looser rear i.e. better turn in.

A higher rear means less oversteer. 👍

Yes this is true, but the rear:front ratio is taken into account as well.

Higher= More acceleration grip (Lateral)
Lower= Better cornering grip (Longitudinal)

But higher front with lower rear means more grip at the front and a looser rear i.e. better turn in.

A higher rear means less oversteer. 👍

Yes but it again will reduce overall grip as the space for the air under the car gets bigger the air slows down thus creating lift.

In real racing most people follow the rule of if you lower one you have to lower the other.

Yes but it again will reduce overall grip as the space for the air under the car gets bigger the air slows down thus creating lift.

In real racing most people follow the rule of if you lower one you have to lower the other.

Yes, but I'm not saying that it won't reduce overall grip. I'm merely saying that the reduction of grip at the front will be a lot higher at the front. 👍

In real life racing, as you say, difference in ride height between front and rear is negligible but in GT5 you can exploit it. :)

Yes, but I'm not saying that it won't reduce overall grip. I'm merely saying that the reduction of grip at the front will be a lot higher at the front. 👍

In real life racing, as you say, difference in ride height between front and rear is negligible but in GT5 you can exploit it. :)

Ok I get you now :lol:

Not looking for an argument here people, so calm down.

Are the VW's still using a mid RPM turbo saturday at Monza?

I just dont geddit, a simple ballast additon and perhaps 10 BHP less will do the trick, no?

Last edited:
Furis just like the government takes days to do something that takes minutes! :sly:

All your minions are like you so it doesn't matter, your all like the government! :P

Sky bought the rights to Toca and the VW is the Red Bull so it is fixed to let the VW win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back