TOCA Season 4.2 - DaxCobra, Paul Mack, VenoMMotorsports Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,050 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but a car is heavy. And it would push the front up, since the front is higher, surely? :)

Nope the whole car. Like I said try the thing with your hand.

Its like the early wings in F1 they were little more than sloped pieces of metal to acheive downforce as an upwrds slope will create downforce but its not done in racing as that means the air under the car slows down as the space gets bigger creating lift.

Nope the whole car. Like I said try the thing with your hand.

Its like the early wings in F1 they were little more than sloped pieces of metal to acheive downforce as an upwrds slope will create downforce but its not done in racing as that means the air under the car slows down as the space gets bigger creating lift.

Is that not one reason F1 cars have wooden planks? To stop airflow disrupting downforce?

Furi is a big fat poo poo head.

*runs away and regrets nothing*

Akmuq is a troll after 9pm. I regret nothing.

Is that not one reason F1 cars have wooden planks? To stop airflow disrupting downforce?

No thats a safety rule as teams used to be making the cars bottom out as the gain in downforce was greater than the 1 or 2 mph lost. Its one of the reasons suggested to have killed Senna. The plank has to be of a certain thickness or the team gets DQed

I don't troll....

Anyway, friends are a lot like Penguins, if you throw a polar bear at them they'll die... :(

No thats a safety rule as teams used to be making the cars bottom out as the gain in downforce was greater than the 1 or 2 mph lost. Its one of the reasons suggested to have killed Senna.

Yeah thats what I meant :dopey:

here's my best lap around monza in the mini

picture.php

all of the other cars are too quick

Same...

Edit: 2:05 dont worry ill sort a setup for ya tomorrow Chris 👍.

All cars are capable of 2:01s atleast, from my testing, the Mini will probs be a 2:02 at a push :(. (How Furi thought it could compete is a blooming mystery)

Maybe it was because he couldn't get the pace out of the rest of the cars so thought the Mini could keep up :lol:.

2:05.1 is well off the pace, i also did a few laps at 100% surface water but i'm keeping the times a secret so i can have an advantage

2:05.1 is well off the pace, i also did a few laps at 100% surface water but i'm keeping the times a secret so i can have an advantage

I like the style. I've got information on grip / wet and rain level ratios but no-one's going to know :mischievous:

Wait, so you know what you're going to set the weather for and not tell us? Smooth.:P should be based from the real life Monza weather I think.:)

i know what times my car can do in wet weather conditions and predicting the same sort of difference for the other cars between dry and wet times

Wet driving is 2nd nature to me after learning to drive in the crapest weather possible. (Floods, snow/ice and heavy fog :P)

Yeah, host knowing weather settings and no one else knowing is unfair...

Off topic, but head over to the FIA GT1 thread and cast your opinion on a video of a racing incident.

Wait, so you know what you're going to set the weather for and not tell us? Smooth.:P should be based from the real life Monza weather I think.:)

Unsure exact paremeters, i'm just talking general observations about track wetness relatiing to grip. I am sure weather changeability will be set to 10. Weather rating will be 0 or 25%.

How does the host have an advantage over weather setting? Everyone else would know too and it's not like the host can guess when its going to rain

I know the exact % that each tire will perform well in. Furi/Tom if you want the figures let me know.

How does the host have an advantage over weather setting? Everyone else would know too and it's not like the host can guess when its going to rain

I think they just mean over how it is at the start of event. Which I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back