TOCA Season 4.2 - DaxCobra, Paul Mack, VenoMMotorsports Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,050 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks guys, he'll have to tell me what rim design he's using, but I'm going with black wheels, because it looks c00l :D

I'll dupe you my car tomorrow.👍 Hope you use the right setup though.:nervous:

I've just bought a new one :ouch:

Well, at least you can get practise if you want before I send you mine.👍

Is there NASCAR Trucks this week and if so where is it? If it's worth doing I'll have to get practice in after, and I'm mostly practicing tomorrow for my Z06 finale on Thursday, want that championship.:D

I don't mind either way guys :) If by setups you mean tunes, I'll probably use my own ;)

I had a perfect tune for the Honda before ABS was allowed again, now it understeers a lot, I tuned it more, and it still understeers.:grumpy:

now looking forward to monza. made one change and found 4/5 tenths ... :D everybody try putting 10 degrees of camber on :sly:

Furi is addicted to the mini - yet seems to miss out other factors. Like rookies scoring podiums or out qualifying there teammates or beating their teammates

If anyone wants to join, I have a testing lounge for Monza open now.

I set a 2:00.184 around Monza, I am not going any faster than that.

That is at the limits of me and my Mazda.

I got a 2 minutes flat, more time there, how much do we take off the chicanes? I took a few from an old WRS thread for display. Note that they allow to have 2 on the curb and two on the green tarmac.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

I have a bad habit of putting my entire car on the red and white curbs there, right wheels on green, left on red and white, I can change my style there if needed.
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

I also tend to put all 4 wheels off the tarmac there as well, so you may see me getting dirt on the inside, but there is enough room there to gain an advantage and not touch the dirt.

Through all the other apexes I keep 2 wheels inside the white line but I do use the Lesmo run-offs, which I think is generally considered clean.👍

Well, The red curb is part of the track, and you have to have 2 wheels on at all time...

So, it's all interpretation I guess.

General Guide from me on a lap:

autodromonazionalemonzar.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzaq.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzag.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzamq.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzaq.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzar.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzavi.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzas.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzan.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzayi.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzao.jpg

As you can see, I try to keep two wheels on track at all times. The outside strips on the exits of the corners allow you to run wide, but if you end up too wide you are in the gravel, so you do not lose much time.

Running wide is accepted, corner cutting is not. 4 wheels off tarmac cornering qill result inpenalties. Also after Parabolica, there is a stretch of tarmac on the left that is part of the old Monza that merges with the frontstretch. You are NOT permitted to use this to overtake, it is considered off-limits.

I got a 2 minutes flat, more time there, how much do we take off the chicanes? I took a few from an old WRS thread for display. Note that they allow to have 2 on the curb and two on the green tarmac.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

I have a bad habit of putting my entire car on the red and white curbs there, right wheels on green, left on red and white, I can change my style there if needed.
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

I also tend to put all 4 wheels off the tarmac there as well, so you may see me getting dirt on the inside, but there is enough room there to gain an advantage and not touch the dirt.

Through all the other apexes I keep 2 wheels inside the white line but I do use the Lesmo run-offs, which I think is generally considered clean.👍

very good question to ask my friend. also how can you check someone hasn't cut across the chicanes in quali. we know if someone does a 1:58 then they have cut it, but someone could cut it and slow down and be 2 tenths up on the 'real' pole and get away with it

So just pretty much most is limits, just don't take too much. Ascari exit is my main concern really.👍

OLR states, as long as you have two wheels on track, you are ok.

The red Curb is part of the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back