Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025

Now, more news!

Japanese wrap design shop Art Factory Graphics posted a message suggesting that their vinyls will be appearing on the new TXR.

They are famous for providing vinyl designs for Need for Speed Underground 2, The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, R-Tuned, TXRD2, and Import Tuner Challenge.

If their vinyls appear on the new TXR, this will be the third collaboration between Genki and them. We're looking forward to it.

Please console release + no online only.
I don't think it will be online only, but yeah, it better come to consoles.

Anyway, the thread should change to Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025. But the main thing is, will Jintei return using the Skyline R34 or will be using the R35 GT-R?

Glad it happened, been following Genki quite a bit on this in the background, but glad they're back in business. I knew since their first throw away game that it would lead to this.

1: Their TXR trademark includes console games (and even physical copies!)

2: Steam store page only lists "single player".

UPDATE: Changed the thread title and included a link to the Steam store page!
THANK YOU IM CRYING RIGHT NOW OMG

Anyway, the thread should change to Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025. But the main thing is, will Jintei return using the Skyline R34 or will be using the R35 GT-R?
Probably R35.

Can't wait to see the Rolling Guy team using BRZs and GR86s.

Last edited:
"A sealed off future Tokyo". That's a clever way of saying "No no it's not street racing, nothing illegal happening here, honest (please let us license your cars)".

But seriously though, if this game manages to capture the same spirit that TXR3 had, I'm certainly all for it. The series really was at its best when it was tapping into Japanese tuner culture of the early 2000's, that's a really unique vibe that you just don't get in most modern open world racers.

Drift Spirits already had a TXR-collab since last year. But since this year's edition of it ended (in a very short fashion, and no newer cars) I thought it would be interesting to share some of the models they've used for some of the cars released. I'm pretty sure they are just improved versions of the ones from the last entry on the Xbox 360, I guess?
Screenshot_20240822_164748.jpg
Screenshot_20240822_164423.jpg
Screenshot_20240822_164547.jpg
Screenshot_20240822_164606.jpg
Screenshot_20240822_164320.jpg
Screenshot_20240822_164251.jpg
Screenshot_20240822_165141.jpg

Drift Spirits already had a TXR-collab since last year. But since this year's edition of it ended (in a very short fashion, and no newer cars) I thought it would be interesting to share some of the models they've used for some of the cars released. I'm pretty sure they are just improved versions of the ones from the last entry on the Xbox 360, I guess?
View attachment 1383024View attachment 1383023View attachment 1383022View attachment 1383021View attachment 1383020View attachment 1383019View attachment 1383025
Some designs yeah, but a lot are new on how they're designed too.

"A sealed off future Tokyo". That's a clever way of saying "No no it's not street racing, nothing illegal happening here, honest (please let us license your cars)".

But seriously though, if this game manages to capture the same spirit that TXR3 had, I'm certainly all for it. The series really was at its best when it was tapping into Japanese tuner culture of the early 2000's, that's a really unique vibe that you just don't get in most modern open world racers.
Racing Battle C1 : Grand Prix was practically a TXR without illegal street racing aswell.

Personally i liked it even better, racing on both the highways and real life circuits.

Judging by the information they've released so far - TXR IS SO BACK! 🤩🥳

Can't wait to race Rolling Guy No.1 for the Nth time 😇

Last edited:
Never played TXR but heard about it and this looks very interesting, looking forward to see more news. They didn't say when we can expect anything, did they?
Tokyo Game Show is not too far away, maybe there?

Wishlisted and will be there day 1.

I was following the rumors since early this week and when I saw the news this morning I strangely didn't feel excited. This is mainly due to me being in a different headspace these days and my pessimism with modern games. But now, listening to TXR3 and TXR0's OST, the excitement is starting to hit me.

My collection:
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

Genki makes one of the most memorable racing games of its time. Let's hope they can deliver with this one too.

I don't care if it's PC only, I never thought the series would return at all.
The issue with PC only is that it'll probably be digital only as well, which means you get to play it as long as the publisher allows you to.
All whilst i can boot up my old PS2 any day and play the classics 20 years after release.

I fully agree though, i never expected another game from GRP at all!
And seeing how popular highway racers have become on Steam and in general, i really think they could make a comeback.

For a sealed off city, it looks pretty clean and well lit...

The screenshots look nice. It doesn't look hyper-realistic, some of the textures and assets are clipping, and a few things look too clean for their use...AS IT SHOULD BE.

I don't know what exactly causes it, but this proves in my mind that Genki has their own unique style that is realistic, but not harmfully so...and I'm already starting to have hope for this. I'm ready for the obtuse logic, wonky physics, slightly off translations, innane/insane Wanderer requirements, and cheating AI. I want to be immersed in this world again.

Either the R35 or the latest Subaru WRX. Or if possible, something else entirely, like maybe a Lamborghini (assuming they license their cars).

I'm seriously hoping it also gets announced for consoles, especially for Xbox. I've played Import Tuner Challenge back in the day, and back when it was still possible, I was playing Zero and 3, emulated on Xbox Series X.

Last edited:
Either the R35 or the latest Subaru WRX. Or if possible, something else entirely, like maybe a Lamborghini (assuming they license their cars).
The car list is going to be the real signpost of how proper of a game it is. TXR3 in particular is a real time capsule of what the Japanese automotive scene looked like then, since it had a mix of everything; expected JDM staples, VIP sedans, some of the more interesting kei cars and a few Western imports that were starting to appear (including some fairly obscure things like Gemballa... remember those?), along with really off the wall stuff like the Isuzu Vehicross and a 4th-gen Pontiac Firebird that came stock fitted with the horrendous "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder, of all things.

That kind of variety, outside of the usual list of well-known cars that have appeared in every other racing game, is what really gives the series its unique character. And while I know that era of tuning culture is long past, I feel like going back to capture it is an essential part of getting the feel right.

Full speedway loop in Tokyo with wangan and hopefully we get Osaka too. Tons of customisation of old to new japanese car. A good car selection, with not only sports car but a good selection of japanese cars as well. I liked the concept of the series so just a refresh with modern graphics and tons of customization would do the trick for me.

That beeing said, Genki usually disapoint me in their game so not expecting too much of this until I try it myself. They had trouble passing the new gen step imo. They had some good games on ps2 but on ps3 their game werent that good and the handling didnt really improve the way I was expecting.

Back