Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2025

When will some of the Chinese manufacturers show up in fast driving games? BYD, Geely/Lync & Co, Nio, and so many are quite impressive.

This is from 5 !!! years ago. It's long overdue.

1726757659046.jpeg

Last edited:
When will some of the Chinese manufacturers show up in fast driving games? BYD, Geely/Lync & Co, Nio, and so many are quite impressive.

This is from 5 !!! years ago. It's long overdue.

View attachment 1390507
Lynk & Co, Nio, & MG have all been given attention through both Forza games. I think Project Cars 3 even showcased the Nio.

Lynk & Co, Nio, & MG have all been given attention through both Forza games. I think Project Cars 3 even showcased the Nio.
Here's to more attention, It's interesting how the street racing VHS tapes of the 90s from Japan were at every tiny import repair shop sparking interest, but even now only reports of the 10s of thousand street racer crackdowns leak out - 74,000 as of a few months ago, 👀, but not any getaway in Stockholm like bits from say Zhuhai . Seems they need better marketing.

Here's to more attention, It's interesting how the street racing VHS tapes of the 90s from Japan were at every tiny import repair shop sparking interest, but even now only reports of the 10s of thousand street racer crackdowns leak out - 74,000 as of a few months ago, 👀, but not any getaway in Stockholm like bits from say Zhuhai . Seems they need better marketing.

If the manufacturers want more attention, it's more of a surprise Polyphony hasn't orchestrated a deal with them, yet.

But, I'm not positive any of those Chinese brands will be finding a spot on the roster list for TXR. The series has had some oddballs, but the oddballs have been pretty recognizable cars & are still outnumbered by the JDM list (going by Zero & 3). Even the 'D2 Mercedes' & 'JGTC Skyline' were still a highly modified Aristo & R34.

Now that TXR is confirmed to have licensed cars, I see the car list taking inspiration from the MF Ghost anime and a bit of Assoluto Racing - a mix of JDM, American muscle and European exotics, but not going way too overboard. Something that realistically portrays Japanese street racing culture would really define its theme.

But since Genki are starting completely from scratch - maybe 30 to 50 cars at launch would be realistic?
We don't really know how far along they are in modeling other cars or exactly how far into 2025 the launch date is (I'm gonna guess prolly around this time at the least), so I kinda expect somewhere around 80-90 maybe.

But since each crew would usually center around one or two car models and some cars would appear in multiple crews, with the wanderers usually being the ones with the unusual examples, and there's not exactly much need to make sure they're balanced against each other since extreme tuning is the kind of the point with this series, having a lower car list compared to other open world racers isn't exactly an issue.

Back