Track Limit Abuse by most Top 10 Drivers

In real racing this would be cheating, correct? But somehow it's ok in the game? Not everyone will gladly cut the line, because it's there. The rules are: there are track limits. Do not exceed them. If you're exceeding them and not caring then you are at an advantage. But go ahead, if it's that important to you.

I don't understand why so many developers have such a hard time with doing track limits. Turn 10, PD, Codemasters, SMS are all guilty.

Well I don't understand how, in real racing, with stewards, multiple cameras, race director and so, we have problems with track limits, with multiple eyes literally looking to every corner, still are inconsistent, why it shouldn't be problems with some coding on video games?

Just look at Le Mans pole position lap in 2014, Nakajima largely abused track limits in many corners, but the lap was valid.
In US GP this year, multiple drivers abused track limits in the same specific corner, including the pole lap by Lewis Hamilton, but only Max Verstappen was penalised by overtaking Kimi Raikkonen that way.
In many tracks used by WEC an F1, with the same rules, we saw last year very different application of penalties for abuse of track limits, specially in qualifying.

It's a shame there is some issues with coding the track limits in the game, but not in real world is something easily done.

Interesting logic. But I disagree. Most drivers, including myself don't think about how much can I get away with? We see the line and stay within the limits. So, those who look for how much they can get away with have an unfair advantage. If you continue to use that advantage, I say that's unfair and cheating.
If my employer has pads of paper and pens in a cabinet and I take them because they don't know, there's no penalty for me doing so, according to your logic, that's totally fine and my employers fault. Lol

Dumbest analogy I have read. Theft is against the law.

The game dictates the track limit. Full stop.

Your attempted comparison to real racing is also flat out wrong. This game is not a simulator, nor is it close to being "real racing". You're butt hurt over the fact that someone doesn't run a hot lap they way you deem proper. I hate to break it to you, you don't get to dictate what is or isn't proper, the game does.

"How much can I get away with" is pretty much a forgone conclusion in any racing sport. Manufacturers, mechanics and drivers all push the limits on what is allowed. In other words, every single analogy you've tried to use against his lap is a giant fail. :lol:

No, in the real world the drivers drive to the track limits set by the stewards/clerk of the course before a race and there are many examples of track limits being set beyond the white lines in real world racing, and these rules will differ in different series at different tracks. To say it is cheating in GTS to not run to the rules set in a real world championship is just like saying it's cheating for touring car drivers not to follow the same track limits as F1 drivers, it's complete nonsense. Just like in the real world drive to the agreed upon track limits and not some arbitrary "moral" standard or some other unrelated set of rules.

I was under the impression that there was no fixed rule set for all FIA series, or even all races in an FIA championship, as mentioned above there are lots of examples where drivers in FIA championships can go all 4 wheels over the white lines. Maybe the general rules for some series follow your definition of FIA track limits, but it really does vary from track to track and even corner to corner.
I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
You're trying to compare a foot here and a foot there to a guy cutting ten feet in GTS? Bwaaahahaha. But, whatever makes you feel like you are doing right. Such excuses. Here's a vid of some good cheating. But hey, according to you this guy in the Viper should be commended for his awesomeness!
If only others could learn to race like him! Whoo hoo. Enjoy each other!

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
You're trying to compare a foot here and a foot there to a guy cutting ten feet in GTS? Bwaaahahaha. But, whatever makes you feel like you are doing right. Such excuses. Here's a vid of some good cheating. But hey, according to you this guy in the Viper should be commended for his awesomeness!
If only others could learn to race like him! Whoo hoo. Enjoy each other!

This is a joke right, either you are far to but hurt because even if you ran LEGAL as defined by the games track limit penalties lines you still can’t do the time, or you are just trying to stir the pot. Like ZZZ said pretty much anyone from the top 10 can run easy all 4 tires in white lines and be fast.

Dumbest analogy I have read. Theft is against the law.

The game dictates the track limit. Full stop.

Your attempted comparison to real racing is also flat out wrong. This game is not a simulator, nor is it close to being "real racing". You're butt hurt over the fact that someone doesn't run a hot lap they way you deem proper. I hate to break it to you, you don't get to dictate what is or isn't proper, the game does.

"How much can I get away with" is pretty much a forgone conclusion in any racing sport. Manufacturers, mechanics and drivers all push the limits on what is allowed. In other words, every single analogy you've tried to use against his lap is a giant fail. :lol:
Sorry you can't see it.
Let's see: Let me hit XXXsquareXXcircle, options. Oh look! It automatically gives my car a 20% boost in speed and I win now every time. The game lets me do it, so it's OK! It's totally fine. Game let's me do it.

yes but in real racing, nobody is allowed to do that whereas in GTS everybody is allowed as @zzz_pt exploited in his video. as OP said, it's the games fault not the drivers fault for taking advantage of it. he is only doing what others are allowed to do also, therefore he is not cheating
It is the drivers fault! Its not like there is a sign with ( hey driver you can cut the corners here go for it). You also dont discover this by driving like it should be.. Ppl who use this are ppl who are looking everywhere to find ways to cheat there way up.

Sorry you can't see it.
Let's see: Let me hit XXXsquareXXcircle, options. Oh look! It automatically gives my car a 20% boost in speed and I win now every time. The game lets me do it, so it's OK! It's totally fine. Game let's me do it.

:lol:

Let the hate flow

Keep coming up with the dumb analogies, you are keeping me entertained.

This is a joke right, either you are far to but hurt because even if you ran LEGAL as defined by the games track limit penalties lines you still can’t do the time, or you are just trying to stir the pot. Like ZZZ said pretty much anyone from the top 10 can run easy all 4 tires in white lines and be fast.
Oh, here we go. I was wondering how long it would be! I know. I suck, you're awesome. I need to get gud. Lol.
You guys are a joke, TBH. Take the game and your loser cheating selves and shove it. No one likes to race with cheaters, which most on here are obviously. And defend it. Lol. I don't even know why I posted to begin with, because I really don't do the MP thing for these reasons. I drive like a gentleman and I do it fairly. You guys cheat and will go to the ends of the earth to defend it. And yes, if the game allows it, then it sucks.
Now, go post up your times and tell us all how fast you are! Lol What a joke

Let the hate flow

Keep coming up with the dumb analogies, you are keeping me entertained.

I'm laughing at you cheater! Bwaaaahahaha
You're the joke, not me.

You guys cheat. You've been caught on video and all you have left is to defend it and say it's ok. That's all you have. Bwaahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in a few of zzz's races last night. He is quick because he is skilled. His replay was there yesterday for all to see and emulate. If I had watched it to see the line through t4 and gone back to quali I could have maybe shaved a few tenths and got in the top 10, but I didn't and its my fault for not testing the track limits adequately or watching any replays! The limits are the same for everybody, so use them. Using every last cm of track is what sorts the record times from the fast times and I challenge anybody to emulate his lap and beat the time! Some may succeed, most won't.

A 1st place lap isn't worth showing to the masses if it blatantly goes off track just because the game allows it or not! exploiting track limits is just a drivers way of scraping up extra tenths that they can't get by staying on track. It's PD's fault for allowing it!! but unfortunately the drivers flaunting it have no self pride in what they show to the GT population.. without the top 10 replays we would all just take it for granted that the fastest drivers lap was clean! This isn't always the case 👎

But hey I went to Tokyo inner loop daily TT yesterday for a few laps expecting 1st place to be wallriding but he wasn't, It was a blazing fast clean lap! So with that being the most obvious place to see a dirty lap.. maybe there is some hope for this game yet ;)👍

I was in a few of zzz's races last night. He is quick because he is skilled. His replay was there yesterday for all to see and emulate. If I had watched it to see the line through t4 and gone back to quali I could have maybe shaved a few tenths and got in the top 10, but I didn't and its my fault for not testing the track limits adequately or watching any replays! The limits are the same for everybody, so use them. Using every last cm of track is what sorts the record times from the fast times and I challenge anybody to emulate his lap and beat the time! Some may succeed, most won't.
And also, wait at the entrance to pit lane until you are instantly in first place. You'd be doing yourself a disservice. Others are doing it, so go for it. Lol

Oh, here we go. I was wondering how long it would be! I know. I suck, you're awesome. I need to get gud. Lol.
You guys are a joke, TBH. Take the game and your loser cheating selves and shove it. No one likes to race with cheaters, which most on here are obviously. And defend it. Lol. I don't even know why I posted to begin with, because I really don't do the MP thing for these reasons. I drive like a gentleman and I do it fairly. You guys cheat and will go to the ends of the earth to defend it. And yes, if the game allows it, then it sucks.
Now, go post up your times and tell us all how fast you are! Lol What a joke

Jeeeeeesus, reallllly Butt hurts about this eh, like I️ said, any of the fast guys would adapt to new lines if PD changed their Cornering penalties and you would still find them at the top. Either learn to drive fast or quit pointing fingers at people that put a lot of time into being fast, plus how does one cut corners at a track like Tokyo? Cause the same names are still at the top?

If you don't get a penalty through the corners you cut, then you're allowed to do it. Use every inch of track you can in this game and that's what ZZZ did. I had no idea about that blatant cut in turn 4 though but I pretty much do all the other corners similar to that on that track.

All this continues to make sim racing in most cases, a farce and give it a bad reputation amongst real drivers and a waste of time IMO.

How come when there are real drivers playing the game and some are top players?

If following the rules isn't the right thing to do then what is? You can't just make up your own set of rules and say anyone who isn't following them isn't sportsmanlike, it's just complete nonsense.
My own set of rules? :rolleyes: There's the FIA, there's the GTPlanet OLR, there's any countless number of official rule books to set your standard. Just watch any real world racing and you'll know what's right and wrong.

My own set of rules? :rolleyes: There's the FIA, there's the GTPlanet OLR, there's any countless number of official rule books to set your standard. Just watch any real world racing and you'll know what's right and wrong.

So who's set of rules do we follow? How is it any clearer for players in game to know the track limits if we don't follow the ones in game? Even the two you mentioned have completely different rules sets, the FIA's ones vary from series to series, race to race, track to track and corner to corner and the GTP OLR is 2 wheels on track and kerb is track which to several people in this thread is not "right, okay or sportsmanlike". As you said there are countless different rule books so who gets to decide which one is the right one and why? It's a completely stupid argument.

Also if you hadn't noticed by my profile picture, I don't need to watch real life racing, I've done it and know first hand how inconsistent track limit rules can be, but we agree before hand what is or isn't allowed and race to those standards.

I wasn't aware that you can gut some Corners this much at lago maggiore...but it's not cheating if you exploid track limits like this imo.

On the other hand, steering assist should never ever be allowed online, especially for fast drivers.

Btw i managed a 2.03.3xx without cutting this much and just abs turned on ;-)

It is the drivers fault! Its not like there is a sign with ( hey driver you can cut the corners here go for it). You also dont discover this by driving like it should be.. Ppl who use this are ppl who are looking everywhere to find ways to cheat there way up.

What the hell is this? I'm sorry, but if you are competitive, every tenth of a second counts. In real world racing track limits are set by the clerk of the course, in this case PD. If you don't get a penalty, it's legal. This isn't cheating. It isn't glitching,

Take a look at GT cars at Nurb GT just as 1 example. Run off is there to be used. If you are not using it, you are handicapping yourself.

If you are 3 seconds off the pace, these cuts will not make the difference up for you, but if you are 0.100 off on time, these slender advantages make all the difference.

This is not the same as taking advantage of "locked off areas" in games that can be accessed through glitches, and it certainly isn't cheating. Any racing driver will push the limits to extract the fastest possible time on track FACT.

The guys are quick period. This argument is a dead duck. If the track limits were different, they would still be 5 seconds quicker than you.

Good for you. Then just use your common sense and experience gained from real world racing and don't be a jerk. Can't be too hard right?

Jeeeeeesus, reallllly Butt hurts about this eh, like I️ said, any of the fast guys would adapt to new lines if PD changed their Cornering penalties and you would still find them at the top. Either learn to drive fast or quit pointing fingers at people that put a lot of time into being fast, plus how does one cut corners at a track like Tokyo? Cause the same names are still at the top?
Again, this point is completely irrelevant. It's not about the person it's about the game. If someone was a known alien but riding the walls at Tokyo like a fiend to set to times, I think most of us would say the ability to do that would be ridiculous because it is. Why? The game allows and they'd be top ten anyway so who cares? If an alien drives backwards into the pits to shave a lap off does that still make it ok? Why not? The game allows it so it should be fine. Same with the grip bug. Game allows it so stop complaining. It's not about who is fast and whether the exploit allows them to be fast. It's about realism, it's about immersion. It's about conforming to real life standards.

GT5 and GT6 had various physics exploits around camber, ride height, aero etc. and I abused them like ten men because I could. But it never stopped me from posting about it and wanting it changed to be more realistic because it would make the game more realistic, more immersive, more believable and just a better game overall.

Yes. I'm "cheating" by winning to real cheaters. If I wanted to cheat, I'd be the German guy in this video and not me.

He lost.

I drive in game just as I and every other driver drives in real life; to the track limits were allowed to drive to.

The italics isn't necessary. I can tell you're pissed off. This is just a game so there's no need to get so passionate. Hold that for your real racing where it truly matters.

Back