Transition from Gran Turismo to real life, things you need to be aware of. (Updated poll 7/27!)

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 184 comments

Does this threads OP have insightful and useful information for beginners in real life motorsport?

• Yes, it is helpful.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • It does, but it could be better. (please tell me how I can improve it)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, it is not helpful.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is gt planet , I can partake and ask valid questions in any thread I choose . Or are you looking for one of your " Let it go " special moments or something ;)

That's what racing schools and professional trackdays are for @sk8er913 . You can't teach a person reaction times or skill over a thread in my view .

But you can allegedly create a GT bashing thread with the usual suspects . As has already been aforementioned .

Wouldn't a thread title of " GT physics versus real world " be better than " Everything wrong with " ?

You're top 150 in the world , and only 3 tenths slower than your local kart drivers remember ? GT must do things right with it's physics also . Otherwise you wouldn't play it correct ?

The weight shift in 6 was an improvement . Wouldn't you agree ?
I didn't say you couldn't participate but so far your participation is limited to attempting to mock the OP's purpose for creating the thread and attempting to derail it with off topic conversation. Do you have anything to contribute about what is inaccurate about GT's physics or are you happy with them as is?

@TJC_69 I took your comment about "weight transfer." And added it to a "well simulated list." Its actually load transfer, weight transfer is when something like fuel moves around and changes the weight distribution of the car.

@Johnnypenso Anyone know a game that simulates severe issues better than GT with a FFB wheel? I haven't played any games other than GT6 with a FFB wheel...

Last edited:
One thing that's incorrect is the absence of torque steer. The steering also feels too rigid and the suspension really isn't that lively compared to reality

If I may add in, Sorry if this is kind of off topic, do you think PD purposely skewed up some of the game's physics and car tendencies to appeal to the majority gamer? I am all in favor of a more realistic physics engine but we have to think about it, if the game were to be run on the physics you all are suggesting, it would probably be 10x harder for the average gamer to play and even harder for them to comprehend how to truly tune their car. (I have to remind myself that a lot of racing gamers aren't like me, most of them just want to race other cars at 235 mph in a heavily tuned street car)

I for one do want a better physics engine myself. I do like the game for what it is, but I agree it has too many inaccurate physics to call itself "The Real Driving Simulator"

To add in on the thread, my biggest pet peeves in GT6 has to be the unrealistic speeds that some of these cars reach when stock. I never knew the Corvette in my neighborhood was capable of reaching 230 mph in it's stock production state. and also the tire wear. I agree with a lot of people on here when the say grip just has on and off. I feel once your tire gets under 6 grip is turned off. Also, the track temperature does not seem to have an effect on the tires because it doesn't make them heat up quicker or slower. I don't know, maybe I haven't taken heed to it, but the tires pretty much wear and deteriorate the same every track I'm at 81 degrees or 48 degrees. I wish I could discuss it more but realism can only go so far with me sadly as I only have a DS3 so I can't go into detail as much as I want to about physics and realism.

Last edited:
Your speed in a go kart is irrelevant . That's not what i'm asking you here . You mentioned possible causes in the GT6 physics that any player of GT knows are facts . You also mentioned helping PD like they will pay attention and somehow model the game engine for 7 onwards from the input of your thread . Are you unaware of the Kaz Q and A threads ? You will have zero bearing on the outcome , whatever good information you find .

A professional at something is a person who is paid to partake in a hobby / sport etc . Also not what I was asking . I did well in GTA also , beating mods from GTP with a DS3 when they were on 900 degree wheels , finished within top 150 locally, 9th fastest DS3 user ... But that's irrelevant again to your OP . Not sure what that has to do with GT physics engines ?

Sure feedback in the community is always good . But point being we all know GTs physics aren't fully true to real life . And Kaz and co will base their physics model how they see fit . Regardless of community feedback which they blatantly will disregard / not even consider .
Do you always have to bring negativity to any optimistic or pro-PD thread?

Can you try to put that into words similar to OP so that it is easier for people to comment on and improve on its description, also state how big of a problem it is in GT physics, severe, moderate or minor.

It's a severe problem imo.

In Game: There is no lift off oversteer. When you suddenly come off the throttle when the car is cornering at it's limit on a smooth track, the rear wheels do not lose grip.

In real life: When you come off the throttle suddenly when a car is cornering at or near it's limit, the rear wheels will loose grip & the car will oversteer (see video in post 8).

👍

VBR
There's no lift off oversteer/trailing throttle oversteer in Gran Turismo 6. I've tested various stock cars on flat surfaces while driving in a wide circle & it simply isn't there (although some talented tuners might be able to tune it in with extreme settings). Yes, there is front end bite when coming off the throttle, but the rear end never breaks loose at or near the limit. Yes, lifting off on a bumpy track will cause the rear end to come out, but that's because of the bump not the lifting off.

To see exactly what lift off oversteer is, watch this video from 17:50. Try & replicate that in GT6.

I really don't think it is correct that there is no lift off or trailing throttle oversteer in the game. Not in my experience, anyway. Lift off/trailing throttle oversteer affects mostly MR and RR configured cars. I know that if I've got one of them rotating through a corner and I lift off too much then the car can start to spin around. Just like in the video you posted where they call it "trailing throttle oversteer". I use a wheel and pedals, so I don't know what happens with a controller, but this handling behaviour is definitely in the game. I was pretty terrible driving the MR cars until I got a hang of it. MR and RR cars also suffer from snap oversteer from too much throttle.

It seems to me though that "trailing throttle oversteer" better describes keeping some throttle on during the corner to bring the rear around, and "lift off oversteer" better describes what happens when suddenly taking your foot off the throttle mid-corner, which is the opposite of the way they use the names in the video. But who am I to argue with Skip Barber and his expert mates? They are probably right.

Anyone know a game that simulates severe issues better than GT with a FFB wheel? I haven't played any games other than GT6 with a FFB wheel...

You owe it to yourself to try Live For Speed. You can try the demo for free, it'll run acceptably on pretty much any PC from the last 15 years and you can use your wheel with it.

Within about 30 seconds, you'll suddenly realise that it feels like driving a real car, and what the benefits of a good tyre model are. Driving a FWD car is actually fun in that game, which isn't something I can say about any of the GTs really.

https://www.lfs.net/

@rixtar - Lift off oversteer & trailing throttle oversteer are the same thing.

I experienced lift off oversteer in real life in a Clio Cup race car (see my avatar), so I know what it feels like. That car was an FF car, & I've not experienced anything like that reality in GT6. By the way, I am also a wheel user too - G25 & Playseat Evolution.

Try replicating the exact same conditions in the Skip Barber video, maybe using the huge run off areas on Daytona Road, they're flat as a pancake & more than wide enough.

👍

VBR
@rixtar - Lift off oversteer & trailing throttle oversteer are the same thing.

I experienced lift off oversteer in real life in a Clio Cup race car (see my avatar), so I know what it feels like. That car was an FF car, & I've not experienced anything like that reality in GT6. By the way, I am also a wheel user too - G25 & Playseat Evolution.

Try replicating the exact same conditions in the Skip Barber video, maybe using the huge run off areas on Daytona Road, they're flat as a pancake & more than wide enough.

👍
For some reason I always associate "lift off oversteer" as a handling behaviour that causes the car to lose traction at the rear and to spin a bit (or indeed to actually spin around) rather than a technique that can be used to increase the controlled rotation of the vehicle, which is what I would call "trailing throttle oversteer". Even though it's called trailing throttle, it's still using applied throttle to induce the oversteer.

I will go back to the game and look into this further, as I often see people post that it doesn't exist in the game, yet it seemed to me that it does! Maybe my memory is awry.

For some reason I always associate "lift off oversteer" as a handling behaviour that causes the car to lose traction at the rear and to spin a bit (or indeed to actually spin around) rather than a technique that can be used to increase the controlled rotation of the vehicle, which is what I would call "trailing throttle oversteer". Even though it's called trailing throttle, it's still using applied throttle to induce the oversteer.

I will go back to the game and look into this further, as I often see people post that it doesn't exist in the game, yet it seemed to me that it does! Maybe my memory is awry.

Yes, that's exactly what lift off oversteer is. It will happen severely if you lift off entirely, or slightly if you lift off a certain amount. Just be careful not to confuse lift off oversteer with the extra grip you get from loading the front wheels by lifting off! GT6 models weight shift to the front wheels quite well & it will increase the grip & give you some rotation when you lift off. However, the rear wheels will never lose traction on a smooth surface.

👍

Here is two examples which you can try in GT6.

skip ahead to 2:40

And another example with two BMW

Have you experienced this in game with a wheel and in real life? I have noticed that you were liking most of VBRs post which I have added to OP. Would you like to add yourself as an endorsement? (Confirmation that this is a problem, and is described correctly.)

@VBR I have added your "severe" issue to the OP. Thank you for adding your experience to make this thread a better place to learn about real racing. :)

@Manasseh257NSX Your name is really hard to spell. :lol: I read your post and found it quite interesting. I have added you as in endorsement to the incorrect drag section. Because that is what I gathered from reading the post.

Have you experienced this in game with a wheel
Yes, I have experienced this in game but not in GT6.
and in real life?
Yes,I have experienced in real life lift off oversteer,but not on the Nordschleife(I've never been there)

I have noticed that you were liking most of VBRs post which I have added to OP. Would you like to add yourself as an endorsement? (Confirmation that this is a problem, and is described correctly.)
Yes

Last edited:
I didn't say you couldn't participate but so far your participation is limited to attempting to mock the OP's purpose for creating the thread and attempting to derail it with off topic conversation. Do you have anything to contribute about what is inaccurate about GT's physics or are you happy with them as is?

Not mocking anything . I had genuine questions .

Yes .

VBR
It's a severe problem imo.

In Game: There is no lift off oversteer. When you suddenly come off the throttle when the car is cornering at it's limit on a smooth track, the rear wheels do not lose grip.

In real life: When you come off the throttle suddenly when a car is cornering at or near it's limit, the rear wheels will loose grip & the car will oversteer (see video in post 8).

👍

I agree completely, this is my major problem with the physics in GT as well. There are tyre and tuning issues, but the main one is the ineffectiveness of controlling the car using the throttle.

In real life on a real track, being able to control the attitude of the car in anything but a straight line is a lot about how you use the brakes and especially the throttle. I've had the pleasure of having my NA MX5 at a track day around Phillip Island, and even in such a low powered car mid-corner throttle control makes a big, big difference. Just a little lift can get the nose to tuck in at just the right moment, so that you're a bit straighter exiting the corner and faster down the straights. There's a massive stop into a really tight corner at the bottom of a hill, and it can really help stabilise the rear if you can get on the power early and get some weight on those back tyres, or the combination of downhill and braking puts all the weight on the nose and the back just goes around.

These behaviours seem to be present only sometimes in Gran Turismo and only in certain cars. And even they they're very muted, you have to make big lifts to get much reaction out of the car.

Other simulators have done this much better. I doubt that it's a computational issue, as much as it is about fixing how the tyres, suspension and chassis interact. Even a simple simulation should be able to get this behaviour at least moderately right if set up properly, and it's one of the greatest things about being able to drive a car fast once you get it.

Unfortunately, it's also one of those things that really catches out less skilled drivers, and so possibly it's been intentionally muted in order to keep Gran Turismo's general appeal.

I am all in favor of a more realistic physics engine but we have to think about it, if the game were to be run on the physics you all are suggesting, it would probably be 10x harder for the average gamer to play and even harder for them to comprehend how to truly tune their car. (I have to remind myself that a lot of racing gamers aren't like me, most of them just want to race other cars at 235 mph in a heavily tuned street car)

Oddly, I've had a few experiences where I've put keen older drivers who are not gamers, like my Dad, in my rig and let them try a few different games. They find games like GT and FM the hardest, and things like iRacing and AC the easiest. Presumably because it matches up with their real life experience of driving.

I think car enthusiasts find it easier the more realistic the simulation is. I think gamers find it hard regardless of the realism if they're not into driving games, but the simpler style of physics has a lower skill floor because there's simply less things to learn. And less ways to stuff up, I suppose.

I think a simulation type game should be trying to be as accurate as possible, because the whole point is to use the same skills and techniques that you would use to drive a real car. If that then requires aids for less able players, then so be it. ABS, TC and stability control should be able to get just about anyone around a track unless they have thumbs made entirely of butter.

@Imari - I remember that front end bite when lifting off was quite pronounced in GT5 Prologue. It was unpleasent to go from that to GT5! GT6 isn't much better either.

Now example with very old PC simulator called Live For Speed
Car XR GT
Car ballance 52:48(front-rear)
With the stock settings I get into the corner lift off the throttle and there is no oversteer car goes wide
almost in the grass.
Now I set front camber to 3.5 degrees(stock camber is 0.0 front and rear) and increase the rear sway bar from 12 to 22(the front sway bar is also 22)
I get into the corner again lift off the throttle and the car oversteer,I have to counter steer to avoid spin.

I don't think Live For Speed models chassis flex, so the sway bars will be (unrealistically) 100% efficient.

In the game, my car handled like a fwd all the time. The tyres behave like they're made out of solid rubber, with no movement whatsoever. Grip is an on/off switch, you either have it or you don't, there's no transition at all, which I guess is due to the lack of tyre flex or pressure modelling. Tyres behave the same, whether cold or warmed up, and when overheated will return to normal instantly after the load is removed from them.

If the tires are modelled as solid rubber wouldn't the cars bounce into the air over kerbs?

I don't think Live For Speed models chassis flex, so the sway bars will be (unrealistically) 100% efficient.

Very few games do model chassis flex. rF2 is the only one I know of.

As far as I'm aware, other games fudge their suspension setups to mimic it, which is obviously undesirable. It's odd, because it shouldn't really be that hard to model. A rotary spring connecting the front and rear halves of the car does a pretty passable job.

If the tires are modelled as solid rubber wouldn't the cars bounce into the air over kerbs?

Not necessarily, you've still got suspension and dampers remember.

The thing with the "solid" tyres is more about the lack of flex in them. There's a significant difference in ride quality and cornering performance in my real car if I pump my tyres up to 32psi instead of the factory recommended 24. The car is "floppier" in the corners. The cars in game don't feel like they have that tiny delay as the tyres deform and load up when you turn it side to side.

There's also the fact that the tyres in game respond only in the most limited fashion to load. An inflated tyre would increase it's contact patch significantly with extra weight, whereas a solid tyre would only gain a little extra grip from the increased load on it's static contact patch.

It may not be true that the tyres are modelled as being solid, but PD haven't made a fuss about introducing flex into their tyre model. Every other game that I know has it has touted it as a big deal, which it kind of is. It's an important part of how tyres behave. It's also computationally expensive, so they want to make sure that people are "noticing" all their hard work. It's a reasonable assumption that the GT6 tyre model doesn't have flex in it to any significant degree, they're already tight enough for CPU cycles without sticking something like that in.

The cars in gt6 that I like to drive around in practice mode are, the aw11 and the sw20 because they really like to lift of oversteer

when you stop giving them power in mid corner. There not perfect but they do the job well when I want something that react a bit more

to lift off oversteer. We all know Gran turismo has it's problem but sometimes to many problem is not good either.

Going on track days is the best way to understand how a car react on the track, but what I did notice is, since we feel how

the car behaves I found it easyer to drive in real life than in Gran turismo 6.

(I'm sorry if the text has spelling errors in it).

Last edited:
The only thing with the physics on Gran Turismo that needs to be addressed in my mind is the tire pressure and drag coefficients. Most people who drive are familiar with tire pressure issues and vehicle top speeds are well documented, so if they are off, most will notice (though may not care).

Gran Turismo is still a video game at heart and my best guess is that a majority of the fans of these games probably can't tell a difference with the physics inaccuracies.

Here is my rant:

If you try to drive realistically, GT6 appears to have okay physics. But when you try to drive fast it's completely different. Tires take forever to lose grip and never lock up or understeer under braking, cars are unreasonably stable especially over curbs, and the way you tune them is completely different from games with more advanced (read: realistic) physics engines.

If I tried any of my good GT6 tunes in a PC sim like GSCE the car would be completely undriveable and/or slow. The main thing is the aero. The last GT6 race I did was the WRS Special XI, where I qualified pole with a car that had its front wing set 50 higher than the rear, which was set to the minimum. And that was using no assists other than ABS set to 1.

Another thing is understeer while braking. In iRacing I've noticed that it's often faster to use less brake input even in heavy braking zones with certain cars because it causes too much understeer into the corner. In GT6 that is never the case. It's only when I've gotten close to the apex that I'd ease off of the brake, but that is only to rotate the car, not to reduce understeer.

Also the game seems to not have correctly implemented anything to do with temperature. I've noticed that my tires will never gain noticeable heat and my times will only go down when they start to wear. Brake temperature is likely not implemented at all, and I'd assume the same with oil/engine temperature. Especially in race cars, all of these can matter a lot. For instance, it's very easy to overheat and blow the engine on an F1 car (older ones at least) if you're at low speeds on a pace lap and don't keep the revs low in a high gear. They were designed to be run at speed with the airflow that comes with it. Brake temps being too low can mean low braking power, and them being too high can mean the same along with the threat of the brake blowing.

Tire heat in GT6 is practically nonexistent. Sure, tires can lose heat and gain it, but they will always maintain the same heat level when they get up to temp. And they don't seem to lose grip even when their temps are either too low or too high. At least it's not noticeable. Whereas in more realistic games it's very noticeable when you've overheated a tire or when your tires are cold, there is much less grip.

What tires do you typically drive with in GT6? What would you put on a C7 Corvette with stock power? I think a lot of GT6 players tend to use tires that are way too grippy and then it doesn't surprise me that their cars feel like they're on rails. I'm not saying that you do this, but I know a lot of people do. Still, I do agree with you that GT6 leaves a LOT to be desired with their tires.

What tires do you typically drive with in GT6? What would you put on a C7 Corvette with stock power? I think a lot of GT6 players tend to use tires that are way too grippy and then it doesn't surprise me that their cars feel like they're on rails. I'm not saying that you do this, but I know a lot of people do. Still, I do agree with you that GT6 leaves a LOT to be desired with their tires.
I only drive race cars, so I tend to use racing tires a lot, but I did run sports mediums in FRL WSC and they still had the same problems, just lower grip.

I know that pretty much every tire has too much grip in GT6, but that isn't my point.

I agree completely, this is my major problem with the physics in GT as well. There are tyre and tuning issues, but the main one is the ineffectiveness of controlling the car using the throttle.

In real life on a real track, being able to control the attitude of the car in anything but a straight line is a lot about how you use the brakes and especially the throttle. I've had the pleasure of having my NA MX5 at a track day around Phillip Island, and even in such a low powered car mid-corner throttle control makes a big, big difference. Just a little lift can get the nose to tuck in at just the right moment, so that you're a bit straighter exiting the corner and faster down the straights. There's a massive stop into a really tight corner at the bottom of a hill, and it can really help stabilise the rear if you can get on the power early and get some weight on those back tyres, or the combination of downhill and braking puts all the weight on the nose and the back just goes around.

These behaviours seem to be present only sometimes in Gran Turismo and only in certain cars. And even they they're very muted, you have to make big lifts to get much reaction out of the car.

Other simulators have done this much better. I doubt that it's a computational issue, as much as it is about fixing how the tyres, suspension and chassis interact. Even a simple simulation should be able to get this behaviour at least moderately right if set up properly, and it's one of the greatest things about being able to drive a car fast once you get it.

Unfortunately, it's also one of those things that really catches out less skilled drivers, and so possibly it's been intentionally muted in order to keep Gran Turismo's general appeal.

Oddly, I've had a few experiences where I've put keen older drivers who are not gamers, like my Dad, in my rig and let them try a few different games. They find games like GT and FM the hardest, and things like iRacing and AC the easiest. Presumably because it matches up with their real life experience of driving.

I think car enthusiasts find it easier the more realistic the simulation is. I think gamers find it hard regardless of the realism if they're not into driving games, but the simpler style of physics has a lower skill floor because there's simply less things to learn. And less ways to stuff up, I suppose.

I think a simulation type game should be trying to be as accurate as possible, because the whole point is to use the same skills and techniques that you would use to drive a real car. If that then requires aids for less able players, then so be it. ABS, TC and stability control should be able to get just about anyone around a track unless they have thumbs made entirely of butter.

Nailed it @Imari, saved me a lot of typing :) Lift off over-steer in real life is both the leading factor in my competitiveness (especially at Laguna Seca) and my follies... Run up to fast on a much slower competitor in a turn, lift and snap inside spin... :/

If folks here are obsessively interested in computation vs. real world physics and the differences in games I would invite you to read my thread history from 2013, early 2014, when I was a lot more active with GT. Being a game developer for the past 22 years is what paid for most of my racing... Even some in industry sponsorship (look at my Avatar windscreen banner) so I'm smashed between both worlds.

Let me just drop this bomb, you don't want real world physics in your game, you want things to FEEL real, not actually BE real. There simply aren't effective means to compensate for the loss of the real world sensation in a 2D medium (game), not even motion rigs work quite right. We would all be lost. The goal of a game is to do things convincingly, not realistically. To achieve convincing you need to compensate for, not replicate reality. Not to mention real world physics are not absolute, computational physics are, another major challenge to over come.

Why say this? Because even real racers can over come the shortcomings of a "sim" game and get value out of it much like having to overcome a poorly set up car on race day. That being said, no GT6 does not have lift oversteer... can it happen? Yes under very specific circumstances but its not consistent nor controllable. For awhile I thought it was just me and was pleased to have felt it, but in the end I concluded it's just not there.

Allow me to add some details to what Imeri said specific to the MX-5. A well setup track Miata will always want to rotate, it's what makes them such competent track cars. Adding any deceleration by way of brakes or just engine braking enhances this desire to rotate substantially. This behavior is controlled with throttle in real life, in games its more about brakes. If the car starts stepping out you control the rate of rotation by the amount of throttle input as the more you apply the harder the rear end "squats" and the tire bites... In doing this you're controlling your angle of attack but always balancing the slip angle to ensure you don't scrub off too much speed (over rotation/sliding). All of this is done within the limits of the slip angle, beyond this its the traction circle... if you get out there you botched it and are fighting for control of the car. Its most evident at turn in, rotate sliding on the slip angle and planting the rear rounding the apex reaching full throttle well before turn exit. A great reference is watching MotoGP bikes turning aggressively, that "slide" is the same thing. Its where I learned to do it myself, I only race cars now because I'm old :/

It just gets more complicated from here but can you feel any of this in GT? Not really because its all in your butt in real life... Can you trick your brain into feeling it? YES! but its a lot of work. Games need to convey this through FFB wheels, and some quite effectively actually but its compensation. I can convince my brain to adapt as well as anyone who doesn't know any better to a sim just pretending it's a strange car setup... but when I can't make my car behave the way it uniquely does in real life in my sim it's a lot harder to trick my brain.

I hope this makes some sense, I scanned this thread and despite some of the contrary statements, many here know what they are talking about, and the ones that are "wrong" aren't really wrong as much as they don't have the context to know, and to be honest? I would rather be them, they are having more fun than those that really know... GT has a long way to go and I do believe they will get there, it's a balance challenge more than a math one. Cant believe I got this far without once mentioning tire dynamics...

Ah, before I end, GT deserves some real credit for teaching me the Nurburgring before I ran it in real life back in 2011. I credit GT for a near sub 10 minute bridge to gantry in the pouring rain in a Clio Reno RS cup car. FF cars are a whole other ball of wax... Loosing control? GAS! Rear end spinning around? GAS! Sidways? GAS! Get rear ended? GAS! Need to stop? GAS! ;o

VBR
@Imari - I remember that front end bite when lifting off was quite pronounced in GT5 Prologue. It was unpleasent to go from that to GT5! GT6 isn't much better either.
Should I add GT5P as a game that simulates lift off oversteer better than GT6? I am a little bit behind, this thread moves fairly quickly. And the information on it is quite hard to process, so I have to read some of the more detailed post 2 or 3 times before I figure out what they are saying. :lol: I'm leaving right now, but I will update this thread again later tonight. :)

@Imari, I have added you as a contributor and added some of what you said to the Lift off oversteer topic, review it and make sure that I have everything. If there is something you would like to be changed or added let me know. 👍

Should I add GT5P as a game that simulates lift off oversteer better than GT6? I am a little bit behind, this thread moves fairly quickly. And the information on it is quite hard to process, so I have to read some of the more detailed post 2 or 3 times before I figure out what they are saying. :lol: I'm leaving right now, but I will update this thread again later tonight. :)

@Imari, I have added you as a contributor and added some of what you said to the Lift off oversteer topic, review it and make sure that I have everything. If there is something you would like to be changed or added let me know. 👍
You asked earlier about other games and others would be more qualified to speak about this than me due to my very limited game time this last few months, but I believe AC does a decent job with lift-off oversteer. My testing is limited however. In AC with the stock setup of the Fiat 500 Esse Esse, you can easily spin while cornering if you lift. I got my fastest times by slightly tuning out the lift-off oversteer and used a lot of throttle to keep the back end in check. You basically want zero time with a total absence of throttle and brake unless you want quick rotation. It's straight to the throttle after you finish braking. It's also easy to lift the inside rear wheel during routine cornering on a perfectly flat track. It behaves like I would expect it to but I've never driven the real car. Edit: Found the pic I posted a few months ago. In spite of the custom livery, it's just a street car setup:
204254-a0bbbc5ea5de775aad28fff2a7218279.jpg

That type of squat with the inside rear wheel off the tarmac is typical of many FF cars at the track.

Back