Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 249 comments
*Or older, checking in. I started with GT on PS one when I was like 16 or something. Still love the game. This update isn't unplayable to me...but it's a measurable downgrade for the Logitech pro and forced feedback. Considering I (and likely anyone that owns it for PS5) bought the wheel specifically for this game ...that's incredibly annoying.

I hope they'll address it and not have it take months.
I did, too. Full disclosure, the Logi Pro is the only DD wheel I've ever used (came from a G29), but this system works so well IMO because the FFB and TF work together to give the user as much information as it can. The two systems compliment each other and work in harmony.

You neuter one and it just kills the overall feeling. Something the user should be able to adjust to his/her preference. But PD have taken that away for some reason. I would like to think they're just inept, but there is a part of me that feels like they did it on purpose since they're in bed with Fanatec. That being said, they've messed up Fanatec stuff too so I am probably over thinking it.

I got lucky, I had mine set at 100 in game and 40 on the base. Now, with 150 in game and 90 on the base it's what it was for me. For others that can't get it back, it definitely sucks.

I would like to think they're just inept, but there is a part of me that feels like they did it on purpose since they're in bed with Fanatec. That being said, they've messed up Fanatec stuff too so I am probably over thinking it.
I'd lead with ineptitude but both things can be true.

Reading online now seems like 50% like the physics changes and the other half dosen’t, but according to digit gaming and many world series drivers, says its better than before. Going to give it a go later today as i didin’t try the new update yet.

Reading online now seems like 50% like the physics changes and the other half dosen’t, but according to digit gaming and many world series drivers, says its better than before. Going to give it a go later today as i didin’t try the new update yet.
Yeah, definitely give it a go.

I think the problem with a game like this... Console users have a different mindset (typically) from PC gamers. Console users want to pick & up their controller/wheel and play with minimum fiddling with settings etc. I think that's why you're seeing such a divide in opinions.

This update is going to require (for wheels) some adjustments and experimentation. Once/if you find something you like, you'll be deeply satisfied.

I'll try to do this once I get home from work (sorry, catching up on posts) but my experience - and note I'm on a G923 not a G Pro - has been rather positive.

I haven't had to compensate by adjusting my shakers and that's a key test for me; not everyone has a Buttkicker or Dayton Audio shakers to make up for what they expected to get when they dropped money for a wheel. However, things like the Golf GTI, '84 Ferrari GTO, Audi Group 3, BMW E36, Ruf 4.2 (which I love) and others have been positive with an adjustment period. I chalk that up to the new physics model but I'm largely getting the same cues I remember for various tracks. The way the cars react when they go over curbs is a physics issue; the rumble I get from the road is a wheel issue in my opinion. That's how I'm tracking this.

As I stated in another thread, my Spa time for daily B has actually improved by 3+ tenths after about 15 minutes of driving.

I'll try to post my results and do what I can to help.
May I ask you what settings do you have for the wheel?
Im also on a G923 and before the update I used what @LOGI_Rich recomended long ago (FFB 10/ Sensitivity 1 / Vibration 50).

After the update I felt the wheel a bit lighter than before (but nothing serious) and now Im trying (FFB10/Sensitivity 5/Vibration 75)

I’m so confused with update!
So done Spa TT for daily b and my times are awful! I didn’t do TT on the old physics so I’m not sure my times, but I feel like I. 2 seconds off pace. Main issue is braking and losing FFB, which I guess in a road car this does happen but should that happen in a GT3 car?
I’ve jumped in Tokyo Expressway so I can compare my TT to the GTWS. I’ve matched my pace and the braking didn’t seem to cause me to lose FFB.

I’ve had to up my in game FFB from 4 to 7, to try and replicate the old FFB. High speed corners the FFB fine, low speed it’s dead
Same for me, down at least 3 seconds. At first my wheel felt good, but the FFB torque was way too high, almost took my arm off. I adjusted it down on the wheel and now like everyone, my wheel feels dead. Off to F1 till this gets fixed (which also sucks).

My DD Pro 8nm feels dead. I was so disappointed. So I fired up ACC and had a blast turning laps at Watkins Glen and Imola. FFB is perfect in ACC for me. How does PD release an update with these issues?
I've been wondering how to frame a similar question...

I'd love to know why PD struggles with it's FFB implementation across diff wheel brands and models. I'm not a PC player, so I'd love to know from those who are, do other titles experience similar pitfalls?

I don't own a Logitech. Just wanted to say that I appreciate you reaching out to those who do.

- signed an envious Fanatec customer
It's one of the reasons I went with Logitech over Fanatec, is their customer service has a very good reputation. (That and I came from a G29 which has a lot of hours on it and never let me down.)

The best CS is one you never need, but I did have to call Logi after getting my G Pro wheel as I couldn't get the G-Hub software on my computer to recognize it (the wheel itself worked with the PS5/GT7 but it was getting the system to recognize the adapter so I could use my G29 pedals, which required a firmware update). After like two rings to their 1-800 number a human answered the phone. I repeat, A HUMAN ANSWERED THE PHONE! That's all but unheard of these days.

That person stayed on the line with me and we walked through the issue together until it was fixed. He then stayed on the line while the new firmware downloaded to the wheel and I made sure everything worked as it should... which it did. Whole call took maybe 10 minutes. I spent two hours trying to avoid calling in, and once I did it took 10 mins.

YMMV and all that but I was very impressed with them from a business standpoint. Something I won't forget (obviously lol).

I'll try to do this once I get home from work (sorry, catching up on posts) but my experience - and note I'm on a G923 not a G Pro - has been rather positive.

I haven't had to compensate by adjusting my shakers and that's a key test for me; not everyone has a Buttkicker or Dayton Audio shakers to make up for what they expected to get when they dropped money for a wheel. However, things like the Golf GTI, '84 Ferrari GTO, Audi Group 3, BMW E36, Ruf 4.2 (which I love) and others have been positive with an adjustment period. I chalk that up to the new physics model but I'm largely getting the same cues I remember for various tracks. The way the cars react when they go over curbs is a physics issue; the rumble I get from the road is a wheel issue in my opinion. That's how I'm tracking this.

As I stated in another thread, my Spa time for daily B has actually improved by 3+ tenths after about 15 minutes of driving.

I'll try to post my results and do what I can to help.
I’ve got the tactile feedback on my setup. That all feels very similar if not the same. It’s the wheel that I just can’t get into anymore. It was doing stuff before, now it just feels mostly lifeless with the odd weird peaks here and there as I mentioned with collisions, curbs and something with the suspension or tire sidewall maybe rolling? Anyway good luck, I’ve tried most stuff and I am curious what you think. But I’m not sure you’ll be of much help as to me, my G Pro now feels like my G923 did. Light. Maybe I should just mount that thing back up. lol

I can get the wheel heavier, I just can’t seem to get it back to informative. And if I dial it in heavy, an AI (which seem more ruthless now) hit me and it felt like I was going to break my wrists.

I made an account just to say this. I hate this. This has ruined the game for me I usually race with wheel and VR and now it feels just awful my wheel will lose all force on turns randomly. I hate this I spent so much money on this wheel and VR and now I'm never gonna play it again if it stays this way, **** this sucks.

Just please God someone tell me this is a glitch and it wasn't intentional and that it'll be fixed =(

Last edited:
I was always on CSL Elite mode, which felt perfect before but now I as I sad it's just super light. Some cars like Super Formula its almost non existent.
In GT DD Pro I find it a lot heavier but I haven't used that before the update to compare. Definitely feels lacking on the detail, which is to be expected given that its not a DD wheel.
I contacted drivehub support for another issue and they just got back to me saying they released a new firmware beta 34 - but now the same boot sequence I used to do get it into GT DD Pro mode doesnt work and it shows as a CSL Elite but the "F" still flashes on boot up so I guess technically it's still in Fanatec mode rather than Fanalogic mode

Which Firmware are you on for the Drivehub?

Last edited:
After some hours of testing, and for the users that loved the raw trueforce before the update, I came up with the following settings that some what got a bit closer to what it was before the update (still not as good as before).

GT7 Settings:
Controller vibration 150
Max torque 4
FFB sensitivity 10 (@LOGI_Rich doesn’t agree i know)

Logitech G Pro Wheel settings:
Strength 11nm
TF audio 100
FFB filter AUTO
Dampener OFF

Still hope they will come out with a patch to fix the trueforce/FFB issues, for the Super Formula cars the FFB is way off.

So I’m finding that a lot of the ffb seems to be car dependent. This is only from Gr3 testing.
So I’ve adjusted the in game settings, torque I think from 4 to 6, and I dropped sensitivity from 10 to around 7 (maybe). After finding these settings feel good in the Supra Gr3, when I jump into the Corvette Gr3 the feeling is totally different and I have way less FFB.
I’m hoping this is not the case that FFB is car dependent as this is just way too much faffing around with settings. I hoping this is just a bug right now but I have feeling this is the direction the game has gone in

After some hours of testing, and for the users that loved the raw trueforce before the update, I came up with the following settings that some what got a bit closer to what it was before the update (still not as good as before).

GT7 Settings:
Controller vibration 150
Max torque 4
FFB sensitivity 10 (@LOGI_Rich doesn’t agree i know)

Logitech G Pro Wheel settings:
Strength 11nm
TF audio 100
FFB filter AUTO
Dampener OFF

Still hope they will come out with a patch to fix the trueforce/FFB issues, for the Super Formula cars the FFB is way off.
Max torque of 4 seems so low...but with ffb sensitivity maxed you probably get oscillation much higher than that. Isn't the max force now below 5 with those numbers?

Max torque of 4 seems so low...but with ffb sensitivity maxed you probably get oscillation much higher than that. Isn't the max force now below 5 with those numbers?
Max torque 4 is low indeed, i found that with a higher setting the G Pro wheel became to heavy to steer. FFB sensitivity to 10 I found it gave some of the rawness back (I used a GR3 Ford GT 18 as a reference).

Max torque 4 is low indeed, i found that with a higher setting the G Pro wheel became to heavy to steer. FFB sensitivity to 10 I found it gave some of the rawness back (I used a GR3 Ford GT 18 as a reference).
I will definitely try it. Thanks for the info!

I feel like the fact that I previously used max torque of 10 and vibration of 150 (ffb sensitivity 1) means it will not be possible to attain that wheel feeling again because it was not working as intended....but I loved it.

I did, too. Full disclosure, the Logi Pro is the only DD wheel I've ever used (came from a G29), but this system works so well IMO because the FFB and TF work together to give the user as much information as it can. The two systems compliment each other and work in harmony.

You neuter one and it just kills the overall feeling. Something the user should be able to adjust to his/her preference. But PD have taken that away for some reason. I would like to think they're just inept, but there is a part of me that feels like they did it on purpose since they're in bed with Fanatec. That being said, they've messed up Fanatec stuff too so I am probably over thinking it.

I got lucky, I had mine set at 100 in game and 40 on the base. Now, with 150 in game and 90 on the base it's what it was for me. For others that can't get it back, it definitely sucks.
I purchased the Logitech DD Pro with truefoce technology as advertised as being compatible with GT7 as PD states on their marketing, they take it away after several years and turn your experience to crap. But to spend that kind of money on a wheel seems next to unlawful, you sell me on something and then take it away, maybe logitech can get involved here. You do make a good point with PD being in bed with Fanatec now. All in all give the consumer the right to either choose or bypass these types of changes . I fell like if this doesn’t get resolved I not only have spent a chunk of change on rig , wheel etc but the hours logged playing have all been a big a waste of time. What a shame. Great game , great physics , Now I have an ornament sitting in my home. Please fix this for the Logi users!!

Last edited:
I purchased the Logitech G DD Pro with truefoce technology as advertised as being compatible with GT7 as PD states on their marketing, they take it away after several years and turn your experience to crap. But to spend that kind of money on a wheel seems next to unlawful, you sell me on something and then take it away, maybe logitech can get involved here. You do make a good point with PD being in bed with Fanatec now. All in all give the consumer the right to either choose or bypass these types of changes . I fell like if this doesn’t get resolved I not only have spent a chunk of change on rig , wheel etc but the hours logged playing have all been a big a waste of time. What a shame. Great game , great physics , Now I have an ornament sitting in my home. Please fix this for the Logi users!!
Can’t agree more mate, the money and time invested to get it to your liking has just been flushed away…

It’s just bizarre to me that with one update they can completely change the behavior of a wheel and reduce the one thing that made me buy the whole wheel in the first place.

This is either a glitch/unexpected thing that happened with the update or they did on purpose to make the whole trueforce less of a selling point…

It’s frustrating to say the least..

Last edited:
Can’t agree more mate, the money and time invested to get it to your liking has just been flushed away…

It’s just bizarre to me that with one update they can completely change the behavior of a wheel and reduce the one thing that made me buy the whole wheel in the first place.

This is either a glitch/unexpected thing that happened with the update or they did on purpose to make the whole trueforce less of a selling point…

I would only wonder if enough information is posted on Logitech's side stating from users Dont buy their Pro DD wheel for GT7 based upon Trueforce technology as that is now false advertising on both parties . If that negatively impacts sales on Logis side then maybe they can turn the heat up with their legal eagles on PD to put this technology back into play so they don't have a class action lawsuit on their hands. Thoughts?

I would only wonder if enough information is posted on Logitech's side stating from users Dont buy their Pro DD wheel for GT7 based upon Trueforce technology as that is now false advertising on both parties . If that negatively impacts sales on Logis side then maybe they can turn the heat up with their legal eagles on PD to put this technology back into play so they don't have a class action lawsuit on their hands. Thoughts?
Unfortunately there seem to be a large number of people happier with this update. You have to remember that this stuff is strongly preference based on the user. Which is why the user should have more direct control over these variables.

This stuff shouldn't be locked away from us.

Right now we are unable to tune settings to get it to where it was previously, which is dumb.

But the fact that some people seem to love it (angry people post way more on this stuff than happy people) means it could be awhile to see any answers.

If Logitech themselves think it's still good if you change the recommended vibration from 35 to 150, that means a bunch of us just had a way higher preference for the wheel feedback...above their recommendations.

Not happy with it....hope it gets addressed somehow, but it isn't a universal dislike of the update (unfortunately for those of us that aren't happy).

I made an account just to say this. I hate this. This has ruined the game for me I usually race with wheel and VR and now it feels just awful my wheel will lose all force on turns randomly. I hate this I spent so much money on this wheel and VR and now I'm never gonna play it again if it stays this way, **** this sucks.

Just please God someone tell me this is a glitch and it wasn't intentional and that it'll be fixed =(
I'm with you on this. It's 1.15 all over again, ruining the FFB even further.

Unfortunately there seem to be a large number of people happier with this update. You have to remember that this stuff is strongly preference based on the user. Which is why the user should have more direct control over these variables.

This stuff shouldn't be locked away from us.

Right now we are unable to tune settings to get it to where it was previously, which is dumb.

But the fact that some people seem to love it (angry people post way more on this stuff than happy people) means it could be awhile to see any answers.

If Logitech themselves think it's still good if you change the recommended vibration from 35 to 150, that means a bunch of us just had a way higher preference for the wheel feedback...above their recommendations.

Not happy with it....hope it gets addressed somehow, but it isn't a universal dislike of the update (unfortunately for those of us that aren't happy).
I do see positive posts on the update, but not many coming from those with Logi Trueforce tech side , I see folks using game pads like it, and even positives from Fanatecs users but not much on the Logi side. So yes I know its not universal per say but they should do the right thing and reset it.

Seems like we ordered the steak ,paid for the steak and are now being served hamburger!

Last edited:
I do see positive posts on the update, but not many coming from those with Logi Trueforce tech side , I see folks using game pads like it, and even positives from Fanatecs users but not much on the Logi side. So yes I know its not universal per say but they should do the right thing and reset it. Right now PD and GT 7 1.49 update has made them look like a clown show all over the internet. Im sure the folks at ACC are having a good laugh at Kaz and his crew right now … how could they release this update? Cars flying off into space … really. Maybe their next theatrical movie release will be a comedy. Still super pissed!! 😡
oh wow, I guess ACC is perfect!

I do see positive posts on the update, but not many coming from those with Logi Trueforce tech side , I see folks using game pads like it, and even positives from Fanatecs users but not much on the Logi side. So yes I know its not universal per say but they should do the right thing and reset it. Right now PD and GT 7 1.49 update has made them look like a clown show all over the internet. Im sure the folks at ACC are having a good laugh at Kaz and his crew right now … how could they release this update? Cars flying off into space … really. Maybe their next theatrical movie release will be a comedy. Still super pissed!! 😡
It would be nice to hear if any Logitech pro users are happy, I guess I assumed some were. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy at all and would prefer reverting it completely myself.

Back