Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 249 comments
As a long time lurker, I also just created an account due to how unfortunately poor the detail has become from the Logitech G Pro after the 1.49 update.

After bumping up the controller vibration to 140+ it can get "generally" close, so you can still feel the obvious curbs, impacts and turn resistance, but the tyre detail for me (especially when you're at the edge of grip) is completely gone. This includes general road feel/bumps and nuances too which was important to me. I also use a Playseat Trophy where some vibrations would run through the seat too (might not be popular, but just what I'm accustom to)

All cars feel floaty to some degree, especially at low speeds.
Overall disappointed with the update.

Settings
GT7:
Controller vibration 150
Max torque 7
FFB sensitivity 3

Logitech G Pro Wheel:
Strength 10nm
TF audio 100
FFB filter 10
Dampener 10

Last edited:
As a long time lurker, I also just created an account due to how unfortunately poor the detail has become from the Logitech G Pro after the 1.49 update.

After bumping up the controller vibration to 140+ it can get "generally" close, so you can still feel the obvious curbs, impacts and turn resistance, but the tyre detail for me (especially when you're at the edge of grip) is completely gone. This includes general road feel/bumps and nuances too which was important to me. I also use a Playseat Trophy where some vibrations would run through the seat too (might not be popular, but just what I'm accustom to)

Settings
GT7:
Controller vibration 150
Max torque 7
FFB sensitivity 3

Logitech G Pro Wheel:
Strength 10nm
TF audio 100
FFB filter 10
Dampener 10
Same here couldn’t agree with you more. Can only hope they get us back on track. No pun intended.

Settings
GT7:
Controller vibration 150
Max torque 7
FFB sensitivity 3

Logitech G Pro Wheel:
Strength 10nm
TF audio 100
FFB filter 10
Dampener 10
Agree fully, apparently Logitech an PD don’t think it’s an issue at all @LOGI_Rich

I had my settings set to max for my Thrustmaster T500RS. When driving over a curb, it was still fine. Now with the new update, it’s like the game wants to break my steering wheel. 😅

I actually had an email in my inbox to review the Logitech pro wheel, so I left this review with 3 stars and a title referencing the gt7 1.49 update not accurately reflecting video reviews of the wheel with gt7 that a current buyer might use for reference:

"This product is absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed it so much for the first month I used it with gt7. The feeling of the turns and the tires on the road was amazing. However, the 1.49 update to gt7 has totally changed the feeling of the wheel in game and I have not been able to replicate my original setup. Beware that if you are buying this for gt7 and using previous reviews of the wheel for that application, they may no longer be accurate. I love this product but the recent update for the sole game I use it for has severely reduced my enjoyment. I don't know if Logitech has power to change this or not, but for now I wouldn't fork out $1000 for this for gt7."

If this update had been live before my purchase I definitely would've either held off or chosen a different platform.

I purchased the Logitech DD Pro with truefoce technology as advertised as being compatible with GT7 as PD states on their marketing, they take it away after several years and turn your experience to crap. But to spend that kind of money on a wheel seems next to unlawful, you sell me on something and then take it away, maybe logitech can get involved here. You do make a good point with PD being in bed with Fanatec now. All in all give the consumer the right to either choose or bypass these types of changes . I fell like if this doesn’t get resolved I not only have spent a chunk of change on rig , wheel etc but the hours logged playing have all been a big a waste of time. What a shame. Great game , great physics , Now I have an ornament sitting in my home. Please fix this for the Logi users!!
I'll be angry if this isn't resolved pretty soon to be honest. I spent a lot of money on the G Pro for GT7. I was more than happy with it and was just waiting for the new Wheel rims. I bought the G Pro as a direct result of Kireth saying how much better GT7 was with Trueforce than any other wheel, I could have spent a LOT less money on Fanatec but didn't and up until Thursday I was happy with that choice.

This has ruined game and if it stays like this there is no reason to even have a G Pro?! I'll cut my losses, sell it and move on.

As I’ve said previously, we’ve reported your feedback but we can do no more at this point. Have you also registered your feedback on the GT Twitter account?
I tweeted with @kaz into it, doubt they will respond see it though… I’d say that you as Logitech have more direct contact with the PD dev’s?

At this moment there is no reason to spend extra money on a G Pro, as the the trueforce has been downgraded to a point where it’s just basic FFB (it was a true gamechanger before update 1.49).

Any update on the Super Formula cars btw? Whatever they did on the update the FFB is almost non existent as is the resistance on the wheel even with max torque set at 10?

Thanks @LOGI_Rich for the replies!

Last edited:
As I’ve said previously, we’ve reported your feedback but we can do no more at this point. Have you also registered your feedback on the GT Twitter account?
What does Logitech say!? This is awful I honest wanna cry lol my broke ass spent so much on this wheel and VR setup solely for GT7 and now I'm never gonna play the Damm game again and now have 2 expensive paperweights i feel so sad.
i dont understand why PD would do this it feels like false advertising to seemingly purposefully make this wheel suck now.

Last edited:
Logi Pro wheel here. Glad to have the full 11nm back, but the rest of the changes are complete trash.
Even after adjusting the controller vibration settings etc it's still crappy.
running over a curb gives you a weak little buzz in the wheel now.
anyway, no use in repeating all that's been said already.
Very disappointed.

Gents, there’s still a substantial gap between what you have now and the other options, believe me.
Well clearly there are a lot of G Pro users unhappy with the reduced Trueforce output, even to a point where it has ruined the game because it was so good before.

Why reducing something that is clearly a selling point/gamechanger is still a mystery to me…

A friend of mine wanted to get a G Pro after playing my rig the other week, he came back yesterday to try it after the update and is not bothered now…

Gents, there’s still a substantial gap between what you have now and the other options, believe me.
It's still a good experience for sure. It's just worse for many of us by a significant amount. I think the more you were maxing out settings the worse your experience now is. I tweaked my settings slowly upwards until it was where I felt it was the best for me. Now the results I felt from those values are sadly impossible to recapture since there's no back end way to boost the true force ffb without going into insane oscillation cycles.

It's a real bummer they specifically lowered true force stuff vs finding a way to incorporate more user adjustability parameters.

Appreciate you're trying to help, and everything you've already done. This is with PD to resolve, they really need to give us a setting to switch it back to how it was. I don't think that's too much to ask. Let's see.

I'm starting to think at least some of this is a glitch l, I've only tried a few cars but I can say the 787b and seemingly super formulas are ****ed on the wheel now completely losing force partway through turns, while the races I did with the F1500T and MP4 McLaren with the racing wheel settings both set to 10 felt pretty damn good actually had my best race ever on Nurburgring but with those cars none of the weird completely losing force when turning causing you to overshoot or slam your wheel into the locked position. I think this update is just a mess and they completely broke some cars while also turning down the feedback for some to me incomprehensible reason

Last edited:
Fanatec CSW 2.5 here, after today's update FFB has been totally turned down. Had to try and turn everything up in the settings to get some of that FFB back but its definitely not as detailed before. Cars all feel super light.
For me to, have csl elite, and it feels so bad now

I know there’s a substantial gap from other wheels but that’s beside the point of the fact that something fairly significant has changed. Yes it’s out of Logitech’s hands, but there’s bugger all we can do. I’ll probably still race whether I can sort my wheel out or not but if it isn’t fixed, I’ll be leaving nasty reviews wherever I can regarding GT7. The wheel is great, but it has in my opinion been ruined which isn’t even right. Someone said it’s like you ordered a AAA steak, took two bites and suddenly it’s just a hamburger… a tasty one still but not AAA steak anymore.

Very frustrating indeed. Because it’s out of control. Which wheels aren’t being neutered in GT7?

Three things have changed with the update:
1. Game physics
2. FFB torque has been unlocked
3. Trueforce Audio output has been reduced

The first two will affect every wheel and the combination of the two seems to have resulted in amplifying the oscillations in high df cars. To be clear, those cars were already prone to oscillation, but they’re even more so now. The Trueforce Audio is unrelated to that.

It also appears there are specific cars that are now behaving differently. For example, it’s not just Logitech Pro owners reporting the super formula behaviour.

The most constructive thing everyone can do here now is to:

A) Test different cars
B) Put together a list of those they feel whose behaviour is not as they expect

1. Game physics

The first two will affect every wheel and the combination of the two seems to have resulted in amplifying the oscillations in high df cars. To be clear, those cars were already prone to oscillation, but they’re even more so now. The Trueforce Audio is unrelated to that.

It also appears there are specific cars that are now behaving differently. For example, it’s not just Logitech Pro owners reporting the super formula behaviour.

A) Test different cars
Thanks, I guess that’s what it is, a combination of everything. The trueforce they should definitely address as before we had to go to 10 torque and still were t getting it all. Vibration didn’t have to even be to 50. Now we have to crank it to not even get it all. Do they test this stuff or just wing it. If you have to crank a setting full out then it’s not optimized.

In my opinion every setting should be roughly centered. Then you can go either way as you please.

I’ll make a list, or stock vehicles only because I think that’s going to narrow things down and take weird tuning glitches out of the equation.

Sorry if I sound ticked off and beating a dead horse, but understandably so, it’s difficult to just say… oh well, that’s just the way it goes.

Last edited:
1. Game physics

A) Test different cars
I think a start would be to parameterise (is that even a word?) Point 3 - Give us control over TF Audio Output with the G Pro Wheel. Can I just say I really quite like the new physics! No complaints there whatsoever. Torque unlocking - great! All for it...

I'm sure the argument against that will be - "Not everyone cares about this as much as you do, get over it!"... Fine, set the defaults to be whatever they are currently set to, and tuck the fine detail settings away somewhere that your average user won't even find. That's all we're asking for...

They've done the hard work, and they've actually done it well (namely, given us a better physics model that is without doubt, improved). Just give us the ability to set a parameter that is currently hard-coded.

Last thing to say on this - There will be many, many more people who are affected by this as G Pro users who will simply not know to come to this Forum Topic and join the conversation. They won't know this exists, and will just be quietly frustrated if not infuriated. I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich this sums it up. The Trueforce output needs to come back, we’ve all spent a lot of money on this wheel and the only thing that’s sets it apart from other wheels has now been downgraded.

GT7 doesn’t feel as good now and the PD developers need to know this. At least give us the option to select full Trueforce output like before.

Many thanks
The entire immersion is taken away. I have the PSVR2 and PlaySeat Trophy, now it feels completely different due to TrueForce being limited.

The entire immersion is taken away. I have the PSVR2 and PlaySeat Trophy, now it feels completely different due to TrueForce being limited.
I ran with Max torque 10, ffb sensitivity 6, dampening off and ffb filter on 1 (and strength of 11nm) last night for awhile. That's the closest I could get to a similar feeling for the night.

1. Game physics

A) Test different cars
Exactly this! (Highlighted in bold italics)

So after spending a little time Friday and Saturday, I’ve come to the conclusion the FFB and physics are all car setup related and not wheel related. Don’t get me wrong it does appear some are wheel related, but I’m now leaning towards a PD coding issue and car setup issue.

Gr3 Supra vs Corvette vs 650s - Spa Daily B
T1 - Supra & 650s all fine, Corvette locks the brakes and I lose ffb
Eau Rouge & Raidillon - Supra and Corvette I lose FFB through here, but 650s is fine
Bruxelles - Corvette I lose ffb
Pouhon - corvette again ffb issues
Stavelot - Supra ffb issues
Blanchimont & Bus Stop - all cars seem fine

Also I tried a few other tracks and it’s a similar story. Some cars lose FFB were as some feel alright.

I did the Nordschelife circuit experience yesterday in the M6 Gr3 and the car felt way more stable and driveable.

It’s seems to be a very intermittent issue for my testing. Also I’m having to adjust my FFB per car as some are too strong and some too light.

So, another thing that needs pointing out here is that some of what people are describing sounds like it’s actually correct and could be the result of the changes in physics, suspension and steering. For example, losing FFB whilst the brakes are locked sounds… reasonable. If the tyres are sliding then you’ve got no grip, so the steering should feel lighter. I’m not saying this applies to all cases, but do think about the vehicle dynamics in a given situation and what you should be feeling 🙂

So, another thing that needs pointing out here is that some of what people are describing sounds like it’s actually correct and could be the result of the changes in physics, suspension and steering. For example, losing FFB whilst the brakes are locked sounds… reasonable. If the tyres are sliding then you’ve got no grip, so the steering should feel lighter. I’m not saying this applies to all cases, but do think about the vehicle dynamics in a given situation and what you should be feeling 🙂
Some of these effects definitely make sense and I was able to feel immersed better as I adjusted to them last night. But I still can't increase them to the level I enjoyed without causing other issues. Even now, if I am off track I will be severely punished for my settings with the wheel trying to break my hands...but when I am on the road and even in collisions it feels accurate to my brain. I really hope they'll boost the true force audio since we aren't allowed to override it at the wheel. Or give us an extra 1-10 true force audio setting or defer to the wheel.

I understand why they don't. They don't want the wheel smashing your hand and having a liability...but the wheel should be able to amplify their signal at the user's discretion via the true force audio menu.

We have a full suite of menu options that SHOULD allow modification...but that one is ineffective.

In the end my only real complaint at this point is I want to be able to turn the true force audio up higher and currently the way they've grouped stuff there is no stable way for me to do that

Rumble strips are one of the most immersive FFB parts and since this update the wheel literally does zip, nada, nothing on rumble strips

Driving model seems better, was looking forward, but for me no FFB on rumble strips is simply a deal breaker, screw that ****, not what I bought a $1000+ G Pro wheel for

Vette ZR1 Trial Mountain, some Nissan GTR group car on Ring and 911 Turbo on Tsukuba

Zero wheel shaking from hitting rumble strips, how that could pass testing is beyond me

Wheel
Torque 11nm
TF Audio 100
Filter-Dampner 8 and 15

Game
FFB Max Torque 5
FFB Sensitivity 1 (or 4 no major difference either way)
Vibration Strength 150
(upped per Logi Guy advise, from default 35 from Logi site, no impact still no rumble strip FFB)

UPDATE : POSTED THE ABOVE ON GT'S X IN SOME RANDOM 1.49 ISSUE POST, WILL PROBABLY NOT BE SEEN, BUT ON A POSITIVE NOTE, JUST DROVE ZR1 ON GOODWOOD AND THERE THE RUMBLE STRIPS DID HAVE A FFB / TF EFFECT, YAY !!
NOT SURE WHETHER THAT'S JUST A GENERIC FFB EFFECT BAKED INTO SOME STRIPS AND NOTHING TO DO WITH TF BUT EITHER WAY HAPPY THAT AT LEAST SOME STRIPS STILL LET THEIR PRESENCE BE KNOWN VIA THE WHEEL

Last edited:
Okay, at this point we need evidence (video, with game audio off so we can hear the wheel), because that’s definitely not what I’m seeing/feeling. Unless you mean it’s less than pre-patch, of course, which is different.

In every car/track combo I’ve tried so far, you can still feel the rumble strips. As soon as you turn the vibration to zero then you definitely can’t feel them any more.

I just raced my 911gt3 in the same race and the true force audio feeling difference on the rumble strips differed pretty significantly when I went from racing softs to intermediate tires. Racing softs were much more pronounced on the rumble.

I don't know if that's accurate or not but it felt pretty bad on the intermediate tires, not very pronounced at all.

I haven't tried racing hard or mediums, but sports soft also felt very unresponsive.

Back