Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
I tried DeltaTrain's Mini Cooper last night. His specs put it at 258hp, but I can't get it past 245hp, even with oil change and according to his mods list.

*waits patiently that his demonic Z-486 SC destroys the competition* :mischievous: :sly:

We shall see my Finnish friend... the Soichiro Special is more responsive, easier to drive, and produces lap times averaging within a second of Z-486 on 20 less horsepower and more than 200 fewer ft-lbs! Let the battle commence!👍:sly:

I tried DeltaTrain's Mini Cooper last night. His specs put it at 258hp, but I can't get it past 245hp, even with oil change and according to his mods list.

Same here, do you have the PAL version, try Kent's Civic and if you only get 207hp, it's the same with me.:grumpy:

First FF Judging Results
Judging techniques: First I will give a brief run down of my judging techniques. I bought each car and made the modifications listed, I then drove each car for a lap under default settings. After driving the default settings lap I changed to the setup listed and immediately drove 2 flying laps and recorded the best time, so the process looks like this- pick car, test default, test tuned, get next car and repeat process. After all that (taking notes during process) I reserve final score until after I then get each car back out and then have another drive to make sure initial impressions weren't a factor for the cars I tested first. I have taken this very seriously as I know what it means being the owner of one of the entrants being in the RWD category myself. Some of the Judge's Comments are made in reference to the other cars (eg. not as quick). Each car was tested at Grand Valley Speedway. So without further ado, here are the results listed first to fifth.

1st
Kent's Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01
83/100
2.16.096 lap time
Judge's Notes: Best Handling of the lot by far, could be AWD and you wouldn't know. Most pleasurable drive also, wheelspin non-existent. Not the fastest by any means though and initial impressions were that the car handled worse than default settings but numbers don't lie (better lap times).

2nd
Greycap's Renault Clio Sport 2.0 16V '02
76/100
2.14.238 lap time
Judge's Notes: Little undesteer for an FF car and very controllable on track. Not too responsive though and as a result it's hard to tell its limits at times. Too much front body roll. Second quickest lap time but potentially quicker on other tracks.

3rd
Vince247's Mini Cooper S '02
75/100
2.14.137 lap time
Judge's Notes: It's reluctant to turn and really makes you work to race it but it is very stable and has the most direct feel and possibly as a result it is the quickest car here, but it feels like it will be slower than others here around short technical circuits with few straights. It is also easy to make mistakes with this car and wheelspin is evident-not good for such a low powered car.

4th
nissan tuner's Honda Accord Euro-R '00
68/100
2.16.473 lap time
Judge's Notes: Handles good and feels good but it's not as quick. Slides a bit exiting corners at times and has more high speed understeer than others here. Pretty good car for its size.

5th
Delta Train's Mini Cooper '02
51/100
2.15.599 lap time
Judge's Notes: This car was crisp and responsive and sorry Delta Train but that's all I can say. Lots of straightline speed compared to the others but it's ultimately underdone. With the absence of race brakes and LSD this car takes a long time to pull up and has loads od wheelspin for such a low powered car, including lots of one-wheeled spinners mid-corner. The car doesn't have as much understeer as some in some corners but it's hurt too much by the aforementioned factors and I think most of its quick mid-pack lap time comes on the straights.

Well that's the FF category judged on my behalf, and although some comments seem harsh that's what a judge needs to be or he might as well give you all 100s 👍 Overall I would like to personally congratulate all the entrants in this category for such well tuned cars, you all made good cars, and for making the competition so close, look at those lap times, less than 2.5sec separting you over a longer than 2min track well done:tup:

First FF Judging Results

5th
Delta Train's Mini Cooper '02
51/100
2.15.599 lap time
Judge's Notes: This car was crisp and responsive and sorry Delta Train but that's all I can say. Lots of straightline speed compared to the others but it's ultimately underdone. With the absence of race brakes and LSD this car takes a long time to pull up and has loads od wheelspin for such a low powered car, including lots of one-wheeled spinners mid-corner. The car doesn't have as much understeer as some in some corners but it's hurt too much by the aforementioned factors and I think most of its quick mid-pack lap time comes on the straights.

:guilty:

Hmm...

Shoulda had Vince bolt up some S3s for this.. Damn S2s are (probably) what kept us behind Grey.

Ah well, what's done is done. I think Delta needed a diff and a set of S3s as well.

Let's see what the other judges think!

Hmm...

Shoulda had Vince bolt up some S3s for this.. Damn S2s are (probably) what kept us behind Grey.

Ah well, what's done is done. I think Delta needed a diff and a set of S3s as well.

Let's see what the other judges think!

I knew my budgeting ways would get me in trouble in this competition. :ouch:

I knew my budgeting ways would get me in trouble in this competition. :ouch:

Don't take it too hard, with the better equipment your car could have been a serious contender, so that shows some good tuning, but I can't judge for what could've been, just what is.👍:)

Edit: Curse you CraftyLandShark , you picked one of the hardest cars to acquire second hand in the game, or at least on PAL :lol:. Also, what's happening there with dimplz's Lancer, he has changed it to S3 tyres, I need to know if I need to get it. Technically it was in by the due date.

Nah, can't even win one in the 206 cup. Even in NTSC, the only way to do it is wait for it to appear in the 80's used lot... which happens only twice in the cycle. Sorry guys ;-)

Nah, can't even win one in the 206 cup. Even in NTSC, the only way to do it is wait for it to appear in the 80's used lot... which happens only twice in the cycle. Sorry guys ;-)

If the car's good I will forgive you, but if it isn't :mad:🤬:banghead: Nah I'm just kidding :lol: It gives me something extra to with my time so I better get back to it.........I mean- what the hell am I doin at the computer?

Preek.

Ah, well, I'm guilty too. I thought about one, but couldn't get it to stop understeering on throttle (Off throttle was nice and tailhappy, though!)

Yeah, I feel ya. The understeer on throttle isn't TOO bad with mine since I made it extremely soft up front, but it's still there. Not nearly so bad as most other AWD cars in the game though, so as long as you steer with your brakes, it's nimble as a mofo.

Oh, yes, it's definitely better than most others...

But I couldn't match my RX-8's laptimes in my 205 despite it having a much better power/weight ratio.

Circles: You know what I think about the 2kGT: It's quite good.

Ok, I finally got your Peugot meaning I can start judging AWD very soon if not immediately as I now have all the cars required (except dimplz's Lancer if it gets entered). Leonidae is very lucky as you can only get one GT-R concept as well and I have it also lucky though that it hasn't got a rigidity increase which I normally do but haven't on this one for some reason. Watch this space. 👍

Actually, you can buy the car from yourself.

Put the memory card in your second player slot, hit trade, find the car, buy it off yourself for 200k as it doesn't have a set price.

:D

Actually, you can buy the car from yourself.

Put the memory card in your second player slot, hit trade, find the car, buy it off yourself for 200k as it doesn't have a set price.

:D

That's what I did to get a DMC Delorean, but it takes time no doubt about it. Luckily then that I won't have to worry.

It takes all of 30 seconds to a minute! What are you on about? :lol:

:P

You gotta get the car first on other save..........
Psst, hey CraftyLandShark, I thought I'd just let you know that on the Peugeot you forgot to put FC Suspension in your parts list, I know you have it because your settings have things only altereable by FC Suspension so I will get it:tup:

You gotta get the car first on other save..........
Psst, hey CraftyLandShark, I thought I'd just let you know that on the Peugeot you forgot to put FC Suspension in your parts list, I know you have it because your settings have things only altereable by FC Suspension so I will get it:tup:

Garh!!! Thanks for letting me know. If I can still edit the post I'll add that, but I bet Kent's locked 'em from editing, if he has that capability.

--edit-- nope, fixed. Thanks again for the heads-up.

Just wanted to clear up that Dimplz's Evo is not part of the comp. I've pm'd dimplz (with no response) and explained that the entry was not labeled as an entry (reason for not being included) and was running on R tires (which is not allowed and assumming the tune was good, switching to S3s would only ruin the setup).

:cheers:

Back