Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
GT40, I'm assuming you mean a real wreck and not a GT4 wreck.

In that case, I hope you aren't seriously hurt, and that you recover quickly! I'm sure all of us here feel the same - best of luck to you! :nervous:
yes a very real motorcycle wreck. it hurts my hand to hold the controller due to the bad case of road rash, thanks craftylandshark
A real wreck- ouch, get better soon GT40.
thanks holden, you did get the PM

Honestly, I couldn't even tell what car Mafia Boy was submitting. :confused:
I got Toyota but other than that I only saw 1600GT (what, the origins of the 2000GT :confused: ), GT-Two (GT-Four :confused: ), and 2TE ( :confused: ).

I just don't know much about those subjects but this all has a point (besides showing I don't know squatt).

The Vintage Tuner Cup Entries probably need to be clearly labeled as an Entry and all data necessary for data should be clearly and simply displayed.

I appreciate the effort put into that post but I walked away confused about what car was actually be used in the GT4 Vintage Tuner Cup. :dunce:

I'm just using the name PD used so if that confused you, blame them not me. And I was trying to be a little creative in my storyline. I'll break it down:

*Toyota has the Celica GT-FOUR which is 4WD, I was doing Celica GT-TWO for 2WD.

*1600GT is what it's called in the game, go check Toyota/Legendary Cars and see for yourself, it's actually the TOYOTA CELICA (TA22) 1600GT.

*2T is the actual engine code given to that particular model Celica. The -TE designate Turbo and EFI for Toyota engines (egs. 2JZ-GTE, 3S-GTE, 7M-GTE, 1G-GTE, 4E-FTE).

Hope that clears it up......personally, I'd rather just call it my SILLYCAR. :P

Mafs!!

*added bit* Well, that list has been fixed up with full list of parts to buy. That better for all involved?? :)

im gonna tra and get the cuda up here in a few

Look forward to it! 👍

And again - I hope you heal quickly, and be careful ... a friend of mine has lost the use of his left leg for life as a result of a bike wreck. I'm sure you've heard all that crap a hundred times over, but ya know... lol

crafty i just gotta look at it this way, the pros do it all the time and it my first bike so im gonna do this a few times

Hope you get better soon, I feel your pain, I've dumped several times over the years, not to mention flipping cars. It's not so fun when it happens, but later in life you'll have some kick ass stories to tell.

1964-1972 class entry
1971 BARRICUDA
456hp
550 ft lb of torque

oil change
semi race exhaust
chip
port and polish
balance
race brakes and controller
race suspension
full race trans
triple clutch
race flywheel
carbon driveshaft
full custom lsd
s3 tires
here are the settings
SUSPENSION
SPRINGS- 7.0 8.0
height 117 118
stabalizers 4 5

gears
1. 2.846
2. 2.062
3. 1.546
4. 1.249
5. 1.042
6. 0.887
f.d. 4.062
a.s. 8

lsd
I.10
A.45
D.20

brake controller 3/4

aids OFF

here she is the car is a little tailhappy but it enough to be fun to drive, it has the full interior and VERY torquey. mine is bahama yellow. its not really fast but with longer it was slow as snot this way its almost race tire worthy and track capable, enjoy

And I'm very glad to see an E-type. No classics competition would be worth its salt without one! Although my Elan is gonna put the Brit Bashing on it, if I have anything to say about it :sly:

CLASS 1981 to 1988 ENTRANT
RUF BTR '86
Power: 531 hp
Torque: 640.1nm
Weight: 1073 kg

Parts to buy:
RC exhaust
computer chip
RC brakes
brake controller
Weight Reduction 2
port polish
engine balance
stage 3 turbo
RC suspension
FC transmission
TP clutch
RC flywheel
Soft sports Tyres

Settings:

Spring rate: 12.5/7.9
Ride height: 83/85
Shock bound: 6/8
Shock rebound: 6/6
Camber angle: 3.0/0.5
Toe angle: 0/0
Stabilizers: 5/5

Transmission
Auto Setting 11

1st 2.566
2nd 1.765
3rd 1.326
4th 1.048
5th 0.853
6th 0.775

FINAL 4.000

Brake ballance: 3/3

Mmm, I just remembered something, this category aint meant to be taking entrants yet :lol: Oh well, don't let that slow anyone down, I'm goin to drive this one.

Well the only problem I can see is you said "sports soft". Now almost anyone will know what that means but maybe, just maybe- in case someone else doesn't- you should put the word "tyres" beside it. 👍

NVM.. now I have 2 certain entrants, 300SL and E-type. but the rest of the bunch is so evenly competitive that I still have hard time to decide which ones to enter.. :ouch:

NVM.. now I have 2 certain entrants, 300SL and E-type. but the rest of the bunch is so evenly competitive that I still have hard time to decide which ones to enter.. :ouch:

300SL and the E-type both fall within the 1963 and earlier division - afraid you'll have to pick between the two - it's one entry per division, per person. I'm sure either will be competitive, and as there's already an E-Type entered, an E-Type showdown might be intriguing!

Kent, I have a suggestion. I think this thread needs to be organized a little. I was thinking of a seperate thread for garages, and another thread for competition entries (Both would be limited to only garage/entry posts, to avoid cloggage). Then another thread, probably this one, could be used for reviewing people's cars and general discussion about the competition/garages.

Sorry, I just can't stand clutter, and this thread honestly has a lot.

okay, I've came to conclusion that Merc it shall be. It'll be entered later today after checking out the transmission. Greycap said that it might have some glitch.. and the Shaguar was too much of a beast to drive from his point of a view. It'll appear to MFT later with other entries.

MFT vs RCV deathmatch? We shall see..

That MFT vs. RCV idea gives me a reason to release a small survey I've been carefully hiding this far. I took a closer look at the results of the previous challenge a while ago and came up with interesting statistics between the two teams. Well, interesting and interesting, but results that seem to have a certain formula to them.

My car was judged inferior to the one made by a RCV guy four times. Three of those were results of judgings made by the RCV guys. Not in a single judging made by the RCV guys did I - or Leonidae, for that matter - finish above their man. In comparison, in the eight judgings made by the others I made it three times out of three (FF class) and we took "double victories" (RWD and 4WD classes) over their man four times out of five so we must have been doing something right.

The bottom line. The RCV guys thought my car was inferior to theirs 100% of the time. Well, each to their own. The others thought it was inferior 12,5% of the time. The same figures for Leonidae are 100% from RCV and 20% from the others.

Call me bitter and paranoid, I am and I admit it, but I have a feeling my point might just be getting through to some people. I'd hate to win just because I'm a MFT guy but I definitely hate to lose because of that too. Of course I could hit the ball back but I don't want to do it, I'll rather do my best and see what it's good for. Feel free to discuss. And tell me if this is inappropriate.

But who are you considering "our guys"?

True, I graded your Clio rather harshly in FWD, but truly it was not the best. Vince's Mini was indeed better FOR ME and MY driving style. And Kent's Civic better still.

I can see where it may look biased... But if you are considering CirclesCenter one of "our guys", chew on this: He didn't ask about a possible position until AFTER TCV2. So he was NOT one of our guys, and can be considered unbiased.

But... 2 people's opinions, that's all... I was EXTREMELY hesitant to grade FWD... Can you guess why?

I'm willing to bet that the FF reluctancy may have been because you probably had your own fingerprint on Vince's car - you knew its characteristics extremely well and defended it like your own work when it got bad grades.

I didn't judge in the previous challenge even though I had the chance - I could have won the AWD category easily by doing that and pushed you off the podium in the RWD category but I didn't want to do it. It wouldn't have felt right to me.

And the "brand recognition" is the true reason to why I've never been too eager to have a tuner battle between our garages. As both garages have some kind of a fanbase I've been afraid that it would turn out to be more of a "I like these guys, I'll rate them higher" contest than a pure tuning contest and that would serve nobody. The latter one would be best implemented as a battle in which we'd decide technical guidelines for cars, tune them and race them. With the tuners behind the wheel. It would be just about the only way to get results in which opinions and bias would mean nothing as the car would be driven by the one whose driving style it was made for. If there'll ever be a contest like that, I'm in.

Back