TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

Socket68
I still think you should follow her around the house, say her name a lot ask her alot of questions. She'll go buy you another ps3 just to get you out if her hair.

That could work!

Well gents... it's been fun, but unless things change I won't be around for a while. Lightning struck my house the other day and all my electronics got fried. I've been able to get everything working again except for my Playstation and my sony sound system. The wife is not giving me permission to get another and she hadn't given me permission to get the ps4 previously. It seems as if I'm out of the game for are year or so. ( Unless someone wants to buy some Jackson guitars from me that need a little work, lol). See you on GT 7!

you can typically get sony to replace your dead out of warranty PS3 for $100. I did when mine died and the replacement is working just fine. Hopefully you have a game save file somewhere.

here's the link to get started: link
psn-->support-->online service request

if you go that route, be sure to keep all your cables (even the power cable), they don't care. I like having a second power cable for when i move my ps3 between 2 locations. i just keep them both plugged in to make it easy.

If i recall, they'll send you a shipping box in a couple days, then it takes about 10-14 days to get your replacement back.

Edit:
actually the first replacement they sent me was DOA, but a quick call to support got another replacement to me and THAT one is the one i still have working fine so far. 2 years i think now.

Last edited:
I was able to get it powered up and wipe my HDD ( In hopes of getting it to work again). Unfortunately the HDMI output and the network adapter are both blown. Cost to repair with Sony is $100 more than a new unit...

I do have a backup of my gt5 data though... I think I last updated it a week or two before it blew so I maybe lost like 10 cars in the long run.

They told me minimum $150 per part repair ... no one mentioned replacement. I must have gotten a crappy CSR on the phone. You can really just get a replacement for $100?

They told me minimum $150 per part repair ... no one mentioned replacement. I must have gotten a crappy CSR on the phone. You can really just get a replacement for $100?

As far as I know they replace any unit that has not been tampered with for $100 they don't send you a shipping box like Microsoft but still a good deal. Acts of God may not be covered lol call back and say it overheated (by a few 1000degrees) technically you won't be lying. It is possible that with the impending release of PS4 that they may have changed their policy as well but doubtful swapping a new cheaper system (you receive baseline model) for an old broken 1 is a win win for SONY they usually salvage any working parts right up to and including console. Which pretty much covers the cost of the slim they send plus they keep you playing and buying more games from them and not Microsoft. It's good marketing indeed.

Last edited:
That's probably why then... I definitely told them it was a lightning strike.

Again, I can power it on and play at 480i off-line. I tested my DFGT and all is well with that. I might get to try out GT5 spec 1.0 physics though, lol.

That's probably why then... I definitely told them it was a lightning strike.

Again, I can power it on and play at 480i off-line. I tested my DFGT and all is well with that. I might get to try out GT5 spec 1.0 physics though, lol.

Did you give them specific information regarding console? eg: console ID if so then your probably screwed but I would try at least once more.

I did, but I'm going to contact them again. I'm gonna give it a week or so to see how much the homeowner's insurance covers. Since we have a deductible, the ps3 is what is not being replaced. If I can catch some sales on the other electronics we're replacing, I may be able to apply some of that toward a PS3.

Edit: I'm in Key West for a week as of tomorrow, so I can't do much now anyways ...

Ran some 1.34's this morning I'm ok with that. The rest were 1.35's. I needed more time to spend with Bionic on the track.

Any suggestions on b/b? Running a 3/1 or 6/4 I couldn't really tell much difference.

Won't make it tonight I believe mbobb and Martin are both out. Jay*Doc if you are able to make it, will you host, or any other turtle with good connection could they host tonight. Sorry I can't make it tonight. Last race of the season for me (dirt track racing) goodluck all!

An extra prize just for participating? Pfft.....whatever. I won't be running tonight fellas just not feeling it. Lates. Happy Birthday Wins.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone in Turtle Town. And I'm pretty drowsy haven fallen asleep in front of the TV until a couple of minutes ago. Doesn't look like there'll be Turtle racing tonight. I think I'm going to watch the end of the Nascar race and see who makes the Chase.

Dolph Drago
I don't see anyone in Turtle Town. And I'm pretty drowsy haven fallen asleep in front of the TV until a couple of minutes ago. Doesn't look like there'll be Turtle racing tonight. I think I'm going to watch the end of the Nascar race and see who makes the Chase.

Sorry to hear this..alright everyone! I'm going to start a recruiting plan for turtle!! 👍

Socket68
Myself, thethirdroy and busted showed up. I got there a few mins after 10.

Sounds good! We will move on to the monza challenge special event with the 8c alfa Romeo

mohammadsen
I'd like to join! My psn is mohammadsen. I'd like to join Division A please

Welcome to Turtle Racing League mohammadsen! MBobb is going to send you friend requests to access the lounges! See you on the track! Any questions feel free to drop in! 👍

mohammadsen
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Anytime! If any of your friends that you race with that like clean fast racing for fun on Saturday night's, they are more than welcome to Join us!

Sorry I missed you guys on Saturday, I'm not always able to participate on Saturday nights, and would not have been able to host even if I knew of in advance.

Race 52 though... I may have to make special plans to attend with the BMW 1, and after all, it is Wins Bday!

Latest Posts

Back