UKGTP14 - XIV - Four No More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 59 comments
Modern Wanking 3 - Wankers Whiplash.

MW3 - WW

I don't know what's going on here.

Due to BASTARDS, this LAN cannot possibly go ahead on this date. I'm considering a reschedule, but right now I can't say when it will be.

Though I can tell you when it won't :censored:ing be. It won't :censored:ing be 30th/31st October. And probably not the 23rd/24th, or 6th/7th November, 13th/14th November or 20th/21st November. Which kinda nadses up the plan to be a last hurrah for GT4.

STS-133 has been pushed back due to a delay on the Leonardo module, from September 16th to November 1st.

Which is irritating.

Is it a teenage mutant ninja turtle?
Being a Brit, you shouldn't know about them. We got the Tennage Mutant Hero Turtles. You weren't allowed to be a ninja in Britain* in the eighties.

* Except if you were from Devon.

Being a Brit, you shouldn't know about them. We got the Tennage Mutant Hero Turtles. You weren't allowed to be a ninja in Britain* in the eighties.

* Except if you were from Devon.

I'll have you know that I was a Scotsman in the eighties!

Now lets hope that NASA can be a bit more like PD with regards to delays and push it back a few more months.

I mentioned i'd want to attend the next one, so I thought I would post here to put my name down (If there is room for one more).

Although I don't have a car, I can get there by bus as it's very close by.

I can bring:

1x PS2 (Possibly 2)
1x GT4
2x Memory cards
2x DS2

I can't realistically bring a TV by bus, the only portable ones I have aren't portable in the slightest.

In the highly likely event that GT5 will be out by then, and you decide it will be GT5, not GT4, I should be able to bring instead:

1x PS3
1x GT5
2x Sixaxis
And possibly a wheel (DFGT or higher).

I'm hoping it's GT4 though. GT4 = Easier.

*imagines everyone bringing PS2's to a GT5 LAN.

Take a PS2 and a PS1. Attach them together (With an adhesive of some sort, or alternatively you could weld them together); 2+1 = 3. That'll do :P

Still need the game though...

-

After viewing the pics in the forum group, I realised I have a laptop. Laptops are portable, and it has a TV out socket, so presumably I could get it to work with a console, i've just never tried it.

Damn :(

I kind of expected that really, but I thought there was some way around it, like a special adaptor or something.

Take a PS2 and a PS1. Attach them together (With an adhesive of some sort, or alternatively you could weld them together); 2+1 = 3. That'll do :P

Still need the game though...

-
No it doesn't. PS1+PS2=PS3. But GT3+GT4=GT7

Indeed. Someone else is more than welcome to plan and run #14, but it won't be me and it won't be here.

I shall, assuming I get GT5, put some groundwork in for #15 in May.

I can host it again in the same place as 13 if needed, but I'll need to work dates out; I'll run a poll once I've done so. We can run a fundraiser for daan's petrol money.

I should be about guys, hopefully will be able to make it.

As for equipment, my ps2 bought it big time when my wonderful 2 little ones thought it good to stand on it AAaaaaaHHHHH :-(

I can provide though

1 x HDTV Flat screen (The one I bought when I last saw you)
1 x LCd Flat screen
1 x GT4
1 x PS3
1 x G25 Wheel and Playseat.

So here's hoping I make it.

As for accomadation I have access to a Vaux Insignia Estate which is perfectly suited. Alot roomier than the meriva I had last time. :-D

Grim 👍

Roo
I can host it again in the same place as 13 if needed, but I'll need to work dates out; I'll run a poll once I've done so. We can run a fundraiser for daan's petrol money.

Time for a nudge methinks.

It's been three weeks since you volunteered, and we still don't have a date!

There's only 5 weekends left before GT5s release, and I really don't see a GT4 send-off LAN getting the support it deserves once GT5 is out.

If it helps any, you sort out the location and date and I'll sort out the events - I think I have nearly enough new ones already tested, and could do a few more if I borrow my nephews PS2, or I could take submissions from others.

That only leaves us to worry about the LAN hardware and knowledge of how to get the machines to talk to each other, daan? Venari?

That only leaves us to worry about the LAN hardware and knowledge of how to get the machines to talk to each other, daan? Venari?
Yeah, you'd think that with all of the UKGTPs I've been to that I'd know how to set it up, but I haven't got a clue....

Back