UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
How ironic would that be? We'd spend 2 days playing a computer game which is a driving simulator, then spend the next day driving, simulating a computer game!?! Still, that's got to be the front-runner as far as ideas go!

I heard about a place that offers paintballquadbiking...

I may be able to get my hands on an Xbox360 if you can't fit everything in. We have 4 at work and I might be able to borrow one.

Better yet ill make an effort to bring mine if you can get one daan and maybe link them up too. Just to add a bit more variety to the lan.

I heard about a place that offers paintballquadbiking...

Yes as have i heard about this but isnt it down in lydd? If all else fails we can make a run to argos and buy 4 childrens push karts and some paintball guns (yes they do sell them and they also use washable paint) and use the carpark outside .............

......... all we need now is some red shells and banana skins :lol:

EDIT!

I have just spoken to the Rutland Hotel to book some rooms and i mentioned that more of us may be booking and the lass i was speaking too said that she will hold some of the rooms for the next week to allow people to book up without dissapointment.

As im sure you have all read its not the ritz, although it was being revamped during the last visit, but its a fairly cheep place to sleep with breakfast included and a pub right below. it is literally a 1 min walk to the venue too

Rutland Arms Telephone number is - 01636 611 718

If anybody not from england wants me to book them a room then PM me and ill be happy to help you out.

Spec....

pwnexplode.gif

Better yet ill make an effort to bring mine if you can get one daan and maybe link them up too. Just to add a bit more variety to the lan.

I'll see what I can do. Do you have the cables to link them up? Do they need to have the hard disk bit? (2 of the 4 we have don't.)

I have just spoken to the Rutland Hotel to book some rooms and i mentioned that more of us may be booking and the lass i was speaking too said that she will hold some of the rooms for the next week to allow people to book up without dissapointment.

Rutland Arms Telephone number is - 01636 611 718

If anybody not from england wants me to book them a room then PM me and ill be happy to help you out.
I just phoned them up and booked me a single room. I'm not from England, but I managed myself this time! I knew the pen they gave us last time, with their phone number on it, would come in handy.

Yep, you need a Hard Drive to play original Xbox games, as it needs a rather big emulator for them all to work. Interestingly, I'm not sure if you need one to do a LAN...

If you need any extra hardware or games for the 360s, just let me know. Taking my own console would just be too much.

Don't get too excited. I don't know if I can get one yet.

I presume we'll need more tellys now? I can bring a 14 inch portable too. (and I'll ask at work for any spare LCDs that are lying around. I don't think I'll get to borrow our 60 inch plasma though....)

Didn't we borrow, or have the option to borrow, a couple of the schools TV's last time we were in Newark?

I could probably manage another 14 inch telly if needed.

Booked a room at the Rutland Arms... they said they now have 1 single room left.

We don't have to use wheels do we?

Nope. Though there may be occasions where all 12 drivers on at any one time prefer the DFP - especially with ~18 drivers coming, and only a minimal number of us being stuck in the dark ages (and I include myself).

Ok, Roo's agreed to give me a lift. So that's me sorted. Thanks again Roo.

Where is this place in Newark though? Ie, If I can't get into the Rutland I'd like to get as close as possible.

Sounds like a brilliant place when you list the road names, Slaughterhouse Lane, Chain Lane, The Ropewalk, Boar Lane..lol

Then you have Lovers Lane:D

My original plans for the Sunday evening (6th) meaning I couldn't make this have now been changed and i've decided to come along.
However, as my life is very much in limbo at present, I have no idea where i'll be living etc, I can't say for definite which days I can or cannot make.
I'll try to make it there Saturday afternoon/evening and go from there.
I don't have a PS, telly or memory cards but I do have PG Tips :)

edit
Actually, I have a surge protected 4-way - is that any use?

Don't get too excited. I don't know if I can get one yet.

I presume we'll need more tellys now? I can bring a 14 inch portable too. (and I'll ask at work for any spare LCDs that are lying around. I don't think I'll get to borrow our 60 inch plasma though....)
You'd probably bust the plasma on the way though. I've heard a plasma break when put on its back and I almost cried.

£10 entry (plus stuff and 100 "projectiles"), £15 for an extra 200 rounds.

Mind you, my targets were easy.

And why aren't YOU coming?
Well from experience the average person (think trigger happy 16 yr olds) go through 600 balls in a day :D So, that'll be about £55 quid :D

Oh and because I still don't have my own mode of transport, I've never been the greatest racer and I am one hell of a bad loser. I mean really I will call you childish names when I lose. :dopey:

But the latter won't stop me trying to attend in future I promise.

Well from experience the average person (think trigger happy 16 yr olds) go through 600 balls in a day :D So, that'll be about £55 quid :D

I only need one.

Oh and because I still don't have my own mode of transport, I've never been the greatest racer and I am one hell of a bad loser. I mean really I will call you childish names when I lose. :dopey:

VEXD always wins. We call him Evil Dave. You'd fit right in... :D

But the latter won't stop me trying to attend in future I promise.

I swear, each one gets better than the last. But I think UKGTP7 will be a peak.

dont worry too much bout extra tvs. seems to make sense that i just bring extra from round the corner instead of people taking up car space to bring them...?

i'll have all the usual needed bumf (!) too.

looks like its gonna be a grand occasion, hope evil Dave is up to the challenge! :sly:

I just sent a pm to Specialized if he wanted to book me a room for me if it's still available.

Oh yea, i can definitely bring my PSTwo and 3 DS2's.
Don't know if i can bring my DFP, depends on how much room it takes in my travel bag.
Headphones isn't a problem, i can even take a splitter cable for it , so that 2 people can listen.

oh, i can also bring 2 copies of GT4, and DTM Race Driver 3 if someone's interested.
(at least it has damage and it has cars not featured in GT4 )

Here I'm again, after not being able to attend GTP for about a week. If I should come, I come by car. So dustdriver, you can bring your DFP if I decide to come.

Reason 1 why I shouldn't come: last time I played GT4 was in 2005. I can't even remember the layout of most of the tracks and I can't stand loosing :grumpy:

Reason 2 why I shouldn't come: I bought a G25 setup and I have to get use to it. The brake is totally different from the DFP and more difficult.

Reason 3 why I shouldn't come; I'm sooo shy that I won't say a word the whole 2 days.

Reason 1 why I should come: to make it easier on dustdriver to get there

Reason 2 why I should come: because the previous 3 reason why I shouldn't come are childish

I still have some time to decide, now won't I?

@ specialized: I'll PM you in time for a single room. You can let me know how much it is for 1 night with breakfast.

@ Famine: I'm using 95 oct sometimes 98 oct here in Belgium. What do I have to use in England? I don't know if I can use my debit card to gas up (refuel). Can you provide me (if I'm coming, with exact address). I using a GPS and I have a detailed map of England.
What is the topspeed allowed on the highway?
Is there something else I need to know, traffic wise??? Please let me know.
Using "Le shuttle" would be the best solution I hope.

Is there something else I have think off, pleas let me know.

Back