UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
Ah, okay thanks. Cigarette smoke is about the only thing which sets my asthma off. Which is weird considering the strength of the fuel used at Santa Pod.

It should be good fun, more attendees than usual.

I've not got a slimline PS2, but I think I'll bring my power cable for it, as it's always handy to bring a back up. Also might nab a screwdriver in case a fuse blows or something (unless someone has that covered?).

pwnexplode.gif

It's an effing boring drive, no fun corners involved whatsoever just lots of boring motorway and speed cameras.
I get to go across the A66. So I'll get stuck behind lorries for miles. Its also got some 40mph sections for no apparent reason. Yay.

Hmmm so is Swift also going to this meeting or Diego is the only one taking an airplane?

as far as we know, Swift is definitely coming... or going, rather, as well as Smallhorses, so it's at least three of us taking airplanes.

Just to let you all know that the Rutland is fully booked. I am looking at alternative hotels for everybody else though and will have phone around during lunch and post here the details.

If you PM'd me about a hotel i will reply once i have more info.

Spec....

It''ll be May so it should be warm enough outside!

If worst comes to worst and someone can't find anywhere to spend the night, will they be allowed to sleep in the hall?

I managed to get dustdriver a room in the rutland somehow even though i was previously told they were fully booked. So the rutland really is booked up now. the only other hotel i came up with was the same as the one TheCracker has just mentioned above and a travel inn / travel lodge which can be booked online too.

Spec....

For those unfamiliar with Newark, I believe that you'll need a car for the Travel Lodge, whereas the Rutland and the Millgate are both easily within walking distance of the venue...

P.S. I can also bring 2 DS2's...

Parents have booked me and themselves into a Travelodge near Leicester (A46, Fosse Way, Thrussington, LE7 4TF, 0870 085 0950) which is just over 30 miles away from the venue (a bit farther than need be, but at least it's a booking). They're doing just £26 per night for a max of 3 adults and 1 child per room, instead of the usual £39. I have no idea whether they're full or not now though. Still, very good deal nonetheless.

Before that happens people can always sleep on the floor in people rooms at the Rutland.
Which, as has been noted, is probably more comfy than the bed.

and risk being trampled to death by a drunk guy desperately trying to reach the bathroom
We don't get that drunk....

Just make sure you close your window...

I managed to get dustdriver a room in the rutland somehow even though i was previously told they were fully booked.
That's probably my room. The woman I spoke to didn't quite understand me. It took a couple of goes to get the information across.

Who is all in the Rutland?

That's probably my room. The woman I spoke to didn't quite understand me. It took a couple of goes to get the information across.

You mean you don't have a room, or am i understanding it wrong?

If you had a boot release button inside your car, you could put the keys in the boot and then go to sleep I think.
That's it then, my solution to the sleeping problem. Is it not possible to sleep in the school where the venue takes place? All together, nice and cosy.

I doubt you'll be allowed to stay in the school, for safety reasons if nothing else.

I spent a couple of nights dossing in my car when I was travelling around Australia, and it didn't make for a particularly fresh Christopher :ill: (esp because my travelling companion smoked 40 a day (yes, even at night, in the car :yuck: ) and had Athlete's Foot :ill: Us two rolling into McDonald's the next morning for an Egg McMuffin, Hash Browns and a coffee must have been quite a disturbing site!

If you're coming by car, the Travellodge would be considerably more comfortable, but hey, it's up to you! ;)

If anyone is interested i've found a hotel in Newark which has a room for 4 people and costs £90 for the Saturday night (thats £90 between 4 which doesn't work out too bad) It looks to be a fairly modern hotel too.

Only thing is it's probably a short tax ride away from the venue rather than a walk away as the Rutland is.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/hotel-reservations/92144_deincourt-hotel-newark-nottingham.aspx

Just done a route planner thing on AA and it's only 0.66 miles, a 1K walk isn't too much.

The millgate is quite expensive and it only has 1 single room...

Being an idle soul (aka up to my neck in tools and wood due to a DIY storm going on here :)), I haven't had time to read through the thread yet ... so I have a question.

The smaller events we've had before have been relatively well behaved affairs on the track, with a minimal amount of barging, ramming and shunting (once it became clear that I can become unreasonably stroppy if people drive like they're playing GTA rather than GT).

Can we look forward to similarly well mannered driving in a larger event ... assuming Wastegate doesn't return to the GT fold in a blaze of late braking :lol:?

Back