UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
UKGTP. No GT on next generation consoles. No point them being there.

Why? I spent all weekend with a bunch of nice people who didn't necessarily get their own way with cars but didn't whine about it. I didn't get angry once.

YOU need to see someone for some ritalin and a clue. No-one cares about you, your TV, your PS3 or your XBox360. You prattle on about coming and not coming and coming and not coming, because you've got things to do, your HDTV won't fit in someone's car, the BTCC is on, your HDTV won't fit in someone's car and in the end you don't bother turning up.

Either say you'll turn up and do, or say you won't and don't. We don't care about anything else.

There is no spare time.

You're racing, eating or getting drunk (except if you're under 18, in which case you're just drinking lemonade).
I have a busy life stuff comes up, which is more important, but just to let you know watching real racing is better then watching or going to a LAN Party. However the main reason I mainly cannot make these is if there not in Hampshire.

----

Info about the HDTV:

If someone was able to pick me up from my House, then I could bring an HDTV, because I'm not going to carry an HDTV on a train and expect me to fill safe with it.

No. You are getting us wrong. Now, shut up about PS3s in this thread.
No need to be like that daan.

How would you know? You've never been to a UKGTP event.

I've done both.
True, but still what would you prefer real racing or racing made up of polygons. But I can however still have my own thoughts, on what a LAN Party would feel like, because I have seen many videos and images from different LAN Parties all around the world.

I have a busy life stuff comes up, which is more important, but just to let you know watching real racing is better then watching or going to a LAN Party. However the main reason I mainly cannot make these is if there not in Hampshire.

dustdriver got the train. From Belguim. What was your excuse again?

If someone was able to pick me up from my House, then I could bring an HDTV, because I'm not going to carry an HDTV on a train and expect me to fill safe with it.

You don't need to bring the HDTV. You just need to bring you.

True, but still what would you prefer real racing or racing made up of polygons.

Personally, I'd rather race polygon cars against friends than watch someone else race the real thing.

But I can however still have my own thoughts, on what a LAN Party would feel like, because I have seen many videos and images from different LAN Parties all around the world.

That's like saying "I know what the Goodwood FoS feels like because I've seen it in pictures and on the telly". No you don't. You have no idea until you actually go there.

Yes, I know you've been. I used that example because I thought you might understand it.

True, but still what would you prefer real racing or racing made up of polygons. But I can however still have my own thoughts, on what a LAN Party would feel like, because I have seen many videos and images from different LAN Parties all around the world.

But the main difference is, one of them you can join in.

And as far as I know, all LANs are different, mostly due to there being more than one kind of person in the world.

I've seen a Lamborghini in a magazine once.

Honestly, every time you post, you dig yourself deeper into a hole. You're doing yourself no favours at all.

Come to UKGTP8. Or don't. Just don't talk about it and your electronics that no-one really cares about.

Roo
dustdriver got the train. From Belguim. What was your excuse again?

You don't need to bring the HDTV. You just need to bring you.
Well my Dad has to take the blame this time, because if he told me he did not want to go to the BTCC, I could have come. However the other reasons I could not come is, I got a lot of birthday presents to buy in June, and I also got to splash out on a nice wedding present for my Brothers wedding.

Anyway I try and come next time, but it needs to happen at the right time, because some points of a year I splash out more money on stuff, then other months.

TVR+FF, i've kept out of this because I don't know you but I have to say something...

You're a whining, moaning pain in the arse and i'd appreciate it if you'd just SHUT UP!!
I know what your thinking, but trust me, what I am posting is not what it really looks like.

Then save some money and come to the autumn one, due around September/October. On everything - transport, food, accomodation - I spent £150 last weekend; otherwise known as half the cost of a PS3.

but just to let you know watching real racing is better then watching or going to a LAN Party. However the main reason I mainly cannot make these is if there not in Hampshire.

True, but still what would you prefer real racing or racing made up of polygons.

Don't change the storyline TVR.

Id rather race GT4 that watch a real race. And Ive done all 3. Raced IRL, watched a real race & played GT4 with tough competitors.

AMG.

Don't change the storyline TVR.

Id rather race GT4 that watch a real race. And Ive done all 3. Raced IRL, watched a real race & played GT4 with tough competitors.

AMG.
The only difference between racing for real and racing in polygons, is your can't get killed or even injured.

Roo
Then save some money and come to the autumn one, due around September/October. On everything - transport, food, accomodation - I spent £150 last weekend; otherwise known as half the cost of a PS3.
But have you not forgotten Autumn is when people start buying Christmas presents, even my Brothers wedding is in November, so saving up would be a close call.

AMG.

You were in the Indy Racing League? Gosh.

:)

The only difference between racing for real and racing in polygons, is your can't get killed or even injured.

...not to mention being able to race a huge variety of cars on a huge variety of tracks for very little comparitive cost.

But have you not forgotten Autumn is when people start buying Christmas presents, even my Brothers wedding is in November, so saving up would be a close call.

No, I hadn't forgotton. I just assumed that someone who could afford all the gadgets and gizmos you have would be able to spend a little on a weekend in Newark.

you do know that basicly the whole point of the weekend was to have a get together and play gt4 like your possessed.not to bring along a ps3 and hdtv and say na na na look what i have :rolleyes:

By the way, I didn't thank you.

Take note, TVR&FF - this man couldn't attend, but sent his PS2 and GT4 so that others could have fun. I owe you a beer, man.

Famine do you allow people to pay in sub payments for helping out, like pay half and then pay the other half 2 months down the line by internet banking. But if you do, I hope you don't charge extra VAT.

Anyway just to let you know I don't use my PS2 much, so if I did send it to you, to help out for the next one, how would you send it back.

By the way, I didn't thank you.

Take note, TVR&FF - this man couldn't attend, but sent his PS2 and GT4 so that others could have fun. I owe you a beer, man.

i would have came if i had a lift and when i met up with daan on the friday he said he would have been able to,but i had just bought a 300 quid model a few hours earlier :( if i hadnt i no doubt would have been there :)

I have a busy life stuff comes up, which is more important,

What, like digging your own grave? Seriously TVR, just stop typing. Unplug the keyboard, switch off the computer, yank out the ethernet cable, whatever, but stop doing this. You're going to be the death of yourself.

1- WTF is a bleep test?

It's an athletic running endurance test thing (which as far as I know goes no further than level 10) where you hear a "bleep", run towards a marker, then run back again on the second beep. It does this about 5 times per "level", and at each "level" the time between the 2 beeps gets smaller, and eventually becomes horribly hard. Nobody in my school got beyond level 8, and 75% drop out before it hits the 5th.

Famine do you allow people to pay in sub payments for helping out, like pay half and then pay the other half 2 months down the line by internet banking. But if you do, I hope you don't charge extra VAT.

I know the question wasn't addressed to me, but I'll but in anyway: the only money you give to another GTP member is to EXelero and VEXD to cover the hall hire. That was £16. If you want credit, speak to the train companies, local hotels and Morrisons.

Anyway just to let you know I don't use my PS2 much, so if I did send it to you, to help out for the next one, how would you send it back.

Drop it round your house. daan lives nearby to holden, so he simply picked it up on the way to Newark. Ditto Specialized's stuff with Famine, as Ben got the train.

Right... then don't go and shut up about it from now on

Oh, and the bleep thing... dude, WTF? You are not aware of the gangsta wheels on my Mondeo... don't you ever make any assumptions if you haven't seen them!

Shut up, shut up, shut uuuuuuuuuppppp!!!!!

Please. For my sanity and that of others, stop typing.

well guys, i dont know what all this fuss is about.....

i found this button in my settings that says ignore list. i put in TVR_fan and HEY PRESTO! life is simple, quiet and bull free again.....

failing you wanting to do that, i always find bad rep finally gets rid of any sh**e talking little t**ds!!!

let the action plan begin and the fun of the lan resume.
Oh yeah and Andrew....

wheres those bl**dy results????

Shut up, shut up, shut uuuuuuuuuppppp!!!!!

Please. For my sanity and that of others, stop typing.

I've emboldened and enlarged this post for tvr fan. Because maybe he is having trouble reading all this text with is hd resolutions and whatnot.

Back