UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1sGnN6eUSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqJKauRu5KE

heres my final offerings.....

i'm very sorry, i was quite close to the phone that was recording so my voice is very vocal!!!

the first one from the friday night, the second is the award ceremony at the end of the greatest weekend ever! i'm very proud to call everyone who attended the lan my friend and i can't wait to see you all again!

Crikey, didn't realise you were filming it! Thank you for those 👍

Forgot to say thanks to Scottish Dave for the HSR race. I missed it on account of winning :D

He wouldn't need to say it to me or about me, the fact that he's said it about Rob is enough! I wouldn't mind half the life experiences Rob has had and i definately wouldn't say no to his car!!! IF tvr_fan can be half as intelligant, patient, well off, interesting, good at bowling and great to talk to at Rob's age, then i may just forgive. But seeing as he's already struggling on the 'good to talk to' i have no concern of that having to happen!

Rob didn't make any excuses about coming to the lan. He just arrived! Regardless of where it was. tvr_fan should stfu 'til he can do the same. and carry his hdtv up his ass for good measure!!!

@ EXelero, I so wish you managed to capture Race Idiot's shot when he bowled before the pins had come down... (for those not present, it was a masterpiece of 'pre-emptive bowling', with the guard coming up just a second or two before the ball reached the pins!)

I was concentrating so hard on those little marks on the floor that I err I mean I meant to do that yeah I totally meant that because we were running out of time yeah.
attachment.php

Rob didn't make any excuses about coming to the lan. He just arrived! Regardless of where it was. tvr_fan should stfu 'til he can do the same. and carry his hdtv up his ass for good measure!!!
and what a crack that would be :)

AMG looks really old I must say.

AMG actually is older than most on this forum and he was the oldest present at UKGTP7 but I wouldn't call him old. It might upset him somewhat.

=======================

May I humbly suggest you take a good look in the mirror.

And, more to the point, he's old enough to be insured on the car he's based his username on, unlike most of the people with Skyline or Viper in their titles.

Edit: and TVR or Ferrari, now I think about it... although I guess you get away with it by adding "Fan" on the end.

Nice videos, Cass.

I love the exchange between you and Non-Scottish Dave. "Are you videoing this?" "No" :D

Guys & Galls, thx for the PM/public support. 👍

Please can I humbly ask you to now drop this and let's move on.
I'm sure he's got it by now. This is supposed to be a fun thread!

AMG.

Wow, i just got very nervous.
I hooked up the DFP to my pc and nothing happened :scared:
So i put gt4 in the ps2 and connected the dfp to the ps2

and yes it worked!!!
man what a relief. I thought something bad happened to it during the journey back.
And i've just replugged it to the pc and my pc recognizes it again and the dfp initializes like it's supposed to do. Don't know why it didn't the first times i tried it on the pc.

actually nothing really interesting for you guys, but i started to panic just now :)

When i came home from school today there was 'Gangstas Paradise' on the radio, and i immediately laughed again at the thought of that evening in Rulands :)

And nice pictures Roo
Still love the Run Out shot

LMAO @ your avatar, dude.

Roo
He's 49. What did you expect?

We finish racing, we go down the pub. We wouldn't even see the title sequence before we started drinking.

There was a 360 and Famine's PS3 there last weekend. The 360 wasn't touched, and the PS3 was only used to play PS3 games for about an hour across the entire weekend. Ben brought Guitar Hero down, and from Saturday morning, it wasn't touched - we didn't have the time. If we had 2 hours to watch a Bond film in, we'd have a Pick'n'Mix event instead. At these LANs, there's 3 awake states to be in: eating, drinking and playing GT4. That's it.
I think the reason the PS3 was only used an hour, because the person who brought it did not bring the right amount of games and media, in other words you lot were too busy looking at the console saying “look how shiny it is”. Also I think the reason the Xbox 360 must of not been touched, is because one, not any good games and two you lot did not spot it.

He wouldn't need to say it to me or about me, the fact that he's said it about Rob is enough! I wouldn't mind half the life experiences Rob has had and i definately wouldn't say no to his car!!! IF tvr_fan can be half as intelligant, patient, well off, interesting, good at bowling and great to talk to at Rob's age, then i may just forgive. But seeing as he's already struggling on the 'good to talk to' i have no concern of that having to happen!

I am more different in real life, but remember internet doesn't show someone’s real personality. However why did you bring patient up for.

petition to have tvr fans name changed to 'class A plonker'
That will never happen, because I created the term:

class A plonker

well, bashing tvr is fun...

but i get your point... when are the scores and positions coming up?
If you did this too me in real life, and you tried to run, you would not have much luck, because in the past I got to level 17 of the bleep test.

I think the reason the PS3 was only used an hour, because the person who brought it did not bring the right amount of games and media, in other words you lot were too busy looking at the console saying “look how shiny it is”. Also I think the reason the Xbox 360 must of not been touched, is because one, not any good games and two you lot did not spot it.
Dude, when - if - you ever come to a LAN, you'll see what Roo says is 110% true. :rolleyes:

No, it's because WE WERE PLAYING GRAN TURISMO 4.

What do the "G" and "T" stand for in "UKGTP"? I'll give you a clue - it's not "Willy wave about TVs and PS3s".

Do yourself a favour and just shut up. Come to one or don't. Just shut the hell up otherwise.

you do know that basicly the whole point of the weekend was to have a get together and play gt4 like your possessed.not to bring along a ps3 and hdtv and say na na na look what i have :rolleyes:

you do know that basicly the whole point of the weekend was to have a get together and play gt4 like you possessed.not to bring along a ps3 and hdtv and say na na na look what i have :rolleyes:
Letting people play on next generation consoles, is like giving candy to a small child.

But Famine you need to see an anger management person, because the reason I am saying this, is well it’s not like you to get like this. However I know it is a GT4 LAN Party, but you got to let people do stuff in the spare time.

Note: Remember GT5 may be out in March 2008, so next year's LAN Party may be about GT5.

We had GTHD. At a GT4 LAN, lest we forget. And yet we still didn't have much time to race a Ferrari on the Eiger Nordwand, because GT4 was there to be played, against real people. There was also some frankly rather awesome game involving ducks in a bath, and about half a dozen other games too.

The 360 was sat on the table, smack in the middle of the hall. And was ignored. For 3 days.

Edit: I see half a dozen posts happened whilst constructing my reply, so basically, it's like this:

You have a PS3, an HDTV, and (I guess) a 360. Most of us don't. But we do all have PS2s, GT4s, and our own cars, and I'd rather take my previous-gen console and my 14 inch telly in the back of my Mini up to a GT4 contest against real people than sit in my bedroom poncing about with a brand new console that I can't race anyone on. So there. *blows raspberry*

BTW, you've seen the pictures of Diego, right? Bleep test or no, he'd just jump in his car and flatten you with his 17" gangsta wheels.

Roo
We had GTHD. At a GT4 LAN, lest we forget. And yet we still didn't have much time to race a Ferrari on the Eiger Nordwand, because GT4 was there to be played, against real people. There was also some frankly rather awesome game involving ducks in a bath, and about half a dozen other games too.

The 360 was sat on the table, smack in the middle of the hall. And was ignored. For 3 days.
Well like the person who brought there should of brought some better games with him, but I know it is a GT4 LAN Party, but like I just pointed out people need to do something in there spare time after racing.

Note: I know you lot are just joking with me, so don't get me wrong guys.

Letting people play on next generation consoles, is like giving candy to a small child.

UKGTP. No GT on next generation consoles. No point them being there.

But Famine you need to see an anger management person

Why? I spent all weekend with a bunch of nice people who didn't necessarily get their own way with cars but didn't whine about it. I didn't get angry once.

YOU need to see someone for some ritalin and a clue. No-one cares about you, your TV, your PS3 or your XBox360. You prattle on about coming and not coming and coming and not coming, because you've got things to do, your HDTV won't fit in someone's car, the BTCC is on, your HDTV won't fit in someone's car and in the end you don't bother turning up.

Either say you'll turn up and do, or say you won't and don't. We don't care about anything else.

However I know it is a GT4 LAN Party, but you got to let people do stuff in the spare time.

There is no spare time.

You're racing, eating or getting drunk (except if you're under 18, in which case you're just drinking lemonade).

Incidentally, do you remember making the comment after the last one that no-one could drive the TVRs as well as you could? Do you know how many people you annoyed with that?

Did you OD on your retard meds?

I'm not even going to go into this...

two things though:
1- WTF is a bleep test?
2- The only ones whining were the drivers... it was funny, every time Famine said the track, we'd all be like "awww"

The person who brought it there had spent some ungodly amount on a PS3, and had then spent the entire time between buying it and turning up on Saturday playing GT4, testing cars, and working insanely hard to make sure a bunch of strangers had a good time for 60 hours. At no point, I'm sure, would buying games to impress people have crossed his mind.

Back