Ultimate Super GT500, GT300, Championships Race 4. Fuji F/ 30.10.11

• Thread starter kk20
  • 500 comments
I can't commit to anything but I'm just wondering why the Re Amenia RX7 isn't allowed? It's premium and at the same level as the other GT300 cars....

akmuq
I can't commit to anything but I'm just wondering why the Re Amenia RX7 isn't allowed? It's premium and at the same level as the other GT300 cars....

Im only allowing 2008 Cars..All cars level in my opinion...What are your preferred GT500 and GT300 cars...

I hope it will be a great series...There will be 4 drivers on at a time and the Race will be set to 10 laps....This is to minimize traffic..There arent really any places to cut apart from the first degner curve and the last chicane...

What Time is good for you? State the time soon as well as a 90 min time frame...

I can go on as late as 9PM (So it would finish at 10:30PM) and as soon as 2PM. Any time in between should be fine as well.
So in GMT these would be.
4:30 - 11:30 AM.
These times are all for the Saturday. 👍

ashes619
I can go on as late as 9PM (So it would finish at 10:30PM) and as soon as 2PM. Any time in between should be fine as well.
So in GMT these would be.
4:30 - 11:30 AM.
These times are all for the Saturday. 👍

ouch 11:30 am...I was leaning more towards 7 pm ish

ouch 11:30 am...I was leaning more towards 7 pm ish

If that is GMT that would put it @ 2 pm EDT for me. I hope this will be on Sun. and if it is the time is perfect. I have two races on Sat. so that day is no good for me.

DBUCKEYES
If that is GMT that would put it @ 2 pm EDT for me. I hope this will be on Sun. and if it is the time is perfect. I have two races on Sat. so that day is no good for me.

Im thinking about doing race starts at 7-8 pm GMT..just depends on the rest

Im thinking about doing race starts at 7-8 pm GMT..just depends on the rest

7-8 GMT means 8-9 UK time lol.
So long as lobby opens after 7.30pm UK time I'm ok with that

ZachAK47
7-8 GMT means 8-9 UK time lol.
So long as lobby opens after 7.30pm UK time I'm ok with that

woops...The lobby opens at 7pm and Qualifying starts at 7:30 pm. Green Flag at 8pm..

UK Time by the way

All the tracks which have the option of weather/ time change will be turned on..However this depends on the current weather of the real location.

eg. If its been raining in Japan in Suzuka then the weather change will be turned on..

The rain should make things interesting when it comes to strategic decisions and the crossover between inters and slicks will prove vital...

Few issues with the OP I'd like some answers to.
With regards of this being "season 2" why are we going to several tracks (nearly half the tracks are the same) we went to in season 1 and not tracks like Laguna Seca, Nurburgring, or even Cote d Azur? Surely if it's season 2 we should have more variety. If however we are calling this a new series and so season 1 this would be fine.

Secondly, the Gentleman driver rule. I very much like the new rules of scraping blue flags as such and leaving it up to the slower drivers discretion at letting the driver through. Look at Le Mans this year with the Peugeots blocking the leading Audi, it really spiced it up. And it should be easy for a GT500 to overtake a GT300 so if they need a GT300 to move over they're clearly a bad driver, and it keeps excitement in the mix, with you having to fight for every position.

Finally the squeezing out rule. There is a fine line between allowed and not allowed but banning altogether seems abit overkill tbh. You yourself praised Hamilton for squeezing out Webber at the Nurburgring, yet by them rules that would have been disallowed. The driver taking the corner has every right to take his line, anyone overtaking on the outside should respect that and be prepared to lift out of it. It should be the inside drivers decision wether to squeeze them out or give them room

ZachAK47
Few issues with the OP I'd like some answers to.
With regards of this being "season 2" why are we going to several tracks (nearly half the tracks are the same) we went to in season 1 and not tracks like Laguna Seca, Nurburgring, or even Cote d Azur? Surely if it's season 2 we should have more variety. If however we are calling this a new series and so season 1 this would be fine.

Secondly, the Gentleman driver rule. I very much like the new rules of scraping blue flags as such and leaving it up to the slower drivers discretion at letting the driver through. Look at Le Mans this year with the Peugeots blocking the leading Audi, it really spiced it up. And it should be easy for a GT500 to overtake a GT300 so if they need a GT300 to move over they're clearly a bad driver, and it keeps excitement in the mix, with you having to fight for every position.

Finally the squeezing out rule. There is a fine line between allowed and not allowed but banning altogether seems abit overkill tbh. You yourself praised Hamilton for squeezing out Webber at the Nurburgring, yet by them rules that would have been disallowed. The driver taking the corner has every right to take his line, anyone overtaking on the outside should respect that and be prepared to lift out of it. It should be the inside drivers decision wether to squeeze them out or give them room

point 1. I'll add either Nurburgring or laguna Seca or maybe both. I left Monaco out of the calender because I really dont think it suits the Super GT Cars. Dont get me wrong I like this track but it is like going to Monza in hatchbacks.

point 2. Since the GT500 cars are waaay faster I dont think its apporopiate to have both classes battling.
scenario: me and you are battling for first place with 3 laps to go. The GT300 car lets me past but decides to hold you up. You'd be pissed right?

point 3. The reason I praised lewis was because he had the balls to do it. If there were to be an incident such as webber getting stuck in gravel (if there were to be gravel on turn 2 of nurburgring) Thats just ruined his race. Thats why I reckon Squeezing is prohibited.

KK Is it too late to changed preferred cars? Now that I have had the chance to tune and test the cars I think I want the Denso Sard SC430 as my 500 car. I still have to tune and test the NSX yet.

kk20
point 1. I'll add either Nurburgring or laguna Seca or maybe both. I left Monaco out of the calender because I really dont think it suits the Super GT Cars. Dont get me wrong I like this track but it is like going to Monza in hatchbacks.

point 2. Since the GT500 cars are waaay faster I dont think its apporopiate to have both classes battling.
scenario: me and you are battling for first place with 3 laps to go. The GT300 car lets me past but decides to hold you up. You'd be pissed right?

point 3. The reason I praised lewis was because he had the balls to do it. If there were to be an incident such as webber getting stuck in gravel (if there were to be gravel on turn 2 of nurburgring) Thats just ruined his race. Thats why I reckon Squeezing is prohibited.

I would be, but as you said GT500 is waaaay faster, I just don't see the need for slowing down a GT300 when a GT500 can easily overtake. You'd lose maybe 1 second, but with the slipstream on this game it's nothing really...

As I said there's a fine line, take Schumacher - Montoya at Imola <3, Schumacher squeezed Montoya off the road coming out of the hairpin. It was abit harsh but he had the right to do so, as they do so now...

DBUCKEYES
KK Is it too late to changed preferred cars? Now that I have had the chance to tune and test the cars I think I want the Denso Sard SC430 as my 500 car. I still have to tune and test the NSX yet.

no problem mate...

this sound awesome man!!
however not my cup of tea the whole 2 class thing we tried and it was an epic fail kudos to you if you get it going!
my idea is so far from this its not funny yet most of my ideas are lol!!!!

STIGGY_34
this sound awesome man!!
however not my cup of tea the whole 2 class thing we tried and it was an epic fail kudos to you if you get it going!
my idea is so far from this its not funny yet most of my ideas are lol!!!!

It should work, I agree there are things that can go wrong but there are solution. Having both classes adds another dimension as you have to negotiate your way past the slower cars while battling for track position. Let me know if you change your mind. 👍

This is for kk20. I would like to use the Raybrig Nsx for GT500 and the Re Amemiya RX-7 for GT300 please. I also would like to quali at Suzuka with the nsx.

Back