Unlimited number of engine swaps

• Thread starter Szami67
  • 792 comments
I could be wrong, but to my understanding at some point, after so much use and so many miles, engines wear out and have less performance and buying new engines for cars is necessary just like in real life so that it performs at its peak again. I believe that’s the same with the body because after so much damage in events where damage applies, over time it does affect your aero stats and handling and having the ability to replace them could be beneficial compared buying an entire new (or used) car and retuning everything from scratch.
Right now it costs $2.6 million for a F40 so if your engine needs replaced but the body is fine you can save 50% by just replacing the engine instead of buying a new F40.
In GT7's context they are provided as a mechanism to remove permanent modifications like bore up, balance tuning, polish parts for engines and weight reduction, increase body rigidity for bodies (those things on the far right of tuning sheets that you can't modify), bringing them back to factory settings.

For those cars without such tunes, you can't purchase new engine / new body for them.

There's Engine Overhaul and Restore Rigidity in GT Auto for wear down restorations.

Last edited:
Feel free - any feedback appreciated. I just used it again in Tokyo and I find it handles well. Not the fastest tune out there but very controllable which was my target.

View attachment 1166985

View attachment 1166986

Wide Body
I found this tune to be very nice on an rx-7 that had been engine swapped but not modified beyond your settings, as you meant it to be. For giggles I also applied it to my maxed rx-7 and found it to be engaging. It’s not a drift car, but not a grip car either. If you like the feeling of your ass end stepping out, but in a controlled manner, this is it. If you are not overreact I’ve you can hold a low angle slide while driving normally, I found it very fun. Nice job on this, I suck at tuning, much respect to those that can. Thanks for sharing.

People already buy parts to build a car to a specific PP value

As someone that has an active thread about testing out cars into a specific pp limit, this is true - I wouldn't buy high-rpm turbos for everything, but only if I deem it necessary to reach the amount of PP I want, while at the same time not wanting to do PP exploits because I feel like they take away some fun from the game, and also because they will eventually be patched, in a way or another.

Tl;dr 100% agreed on this, those parts being available would be huge in this regard.

Whoa! What car is selected in your garage? And I suppose you're using the original script on slow?
Yes, I am on a base PS4. Whichever car is selected in your garage is not affected by the script, in my case it was an unrelated MX-5. I also had 31 new cars in my "Pokedex", mostly VGTs and race cars.

And the exploit still works by the way. I tried the Toyota 86 menu book just now and got another 4* ticket. I'm going to stop for now though, my PS4 deserves a rest after that 28 hour session :lol:

Last edited:
Wait, sorry, edit again. It's the script that no longer works. I can still do it manually. Hmmm...
Its still working here, although I did just have to close and restart Remote Play to get it going again
My script now goes through all the motions but there are no gifts. If I do it manually the gifts are there.
You might have started the script after you'd done Extra menu No. 1. Make sure you start the script after Extra Menu No. 3 has run it's course or restart and you'll be fine. I'd personally just restart to be sure.

Its still working here, although I did just have to close and restart Remote Play to get it going again

You might have started the script after you'd done Extra menu No. 1. Make sure you start the script after Extra Menu No. 3 has run it's course or restart and you'll be fine. I'd personally just restart to be sure.
I just restarted everything again fresh and it's working again. Thank goodness.

Great note about menu 3, that might have been it. Much appreciation sir.

EDIT: The issue is definitely where it tries to do #1 twice, and it says "there is no gift", and it's not enough to restart, I have to restart, do #3, then restart again and enable the script. Thanks again for that!

Last edited:
Still nothing from PD - wonder what they're response will be to this.

Just to make my point once more, it feels like they are running a skeleton crew or more likely working on something else.

The content in the updates are maybe less than expected/hoped for but again not hopeless however the important stuff like bug fixes and my personal pet more freaking events! Are honestly lackluster and embarrassing.

Anyway this bug isn't really breaking anything, the credit gains even including the cars and spare parts are not on the level of the Tokyo grind, thanks to the wheel of evil 🤡

And the countless engine swaps doesn't either. There isn't any real rush.

I found this tune to be very nice on an rx-7 that had been engine swapped but not modified beyond your settings, as you meant it to be. For giggles I also applied it to my maxed rx-7 and found it to be engaging. It’s not a drift car, but not a grip car either. If you like the feeling of your ass end stepping out, but in a controlled manner, this is it. If you are not overreact I’ve you can hold a low angle slide while driving normally, I found it very fun. Nice job on this, I suck at tuning, much respect to those that can. Thanks for sharing.

No worries mate. Thanks for trying it and the feedback.

I'm new to fine tuning myself but I'm particularly pleased with this one. I spent 600+ miles tweaking and testing to tighten this tune up. I test at Watkins Glen which is fast and flowing with undualtions and bends and its won Tokyo a couple of times too, so I've got the desired outcome which was too create a poised cornering machine that packed a punch courtesy of the 787B plant.

I badly wanted to make this one in particular work as a lot of the swaps (including the RX787) are pretty wild. I think I've succeeded somewhat at least by the feel when I'm controlling it.

In GT7's context they are provided as a mechanism to remove permanent modifications like bore up, balance tuning, polish parts for engines and weight reduction, increase body rigidity for bodies (those things on the far right of tuning sheets that you can't modify), bringing them back to factory settings.

For those cars without such tunes, you can't purchase new engine / new body for them.

There's Engine Overhaul and Restore Rigidity in GT Auto for wear down restorations.
Thanks I always get those mixed up because I have yet to need to use anything other than oil change.

Note that the GT Auto restorations do nothing for permanent wear. You have to buy a new engine/chassis or another copy of the car eventually.

Note that the GT Auto restorations do nothing for permanent wear. You have to buy a new engine/chassis or another copy of the car eventually.
I thought I read that somewhere back around launch which is why I posed my initial comment, but couldn’t remember exactly the use for new engine and body versus the restorations because I haven’t needed to use any yet.

I've had the script running again this evening, racked up 6m Cr in the first 2 hours or so which was excellent, but in the last hour and half I've got 50k :lol:. It's been all cars, engines and parts.

Last edited:

DL link is in the description of the video

I understand you’re just trying to help people, but that guy is re-hosting those without permission from the creators.

Only what has been shared in the mentioned PSNProfiles GT7 discord server has been vetted by a team of devs and is trustworthy.

Last edited:
I really feel like this game hates me. The most frequent prize I have received from the 4 star tickets is 30k. After 3 tickets tonight I have a Porsche invitation (oh yay) and x2 30k. :irked:

Edit: Got another Porsche invitation and 10k. Go me.

Last edited:
I really feel like this game hates me. The most frequent prize I have received from the 4 star tickets is 30k. After 3 tickets tonight I have a Porsche invitation (oh yay) and x2 30k. :irked:

Edit: Got another Porsche invitation and 10k. Go me.
This game hates everyone dude. I've gotten 3 Ferrari Invitations in 1 night lol

Back