Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,749 comments
I'm looking forward to earning the credits this evening to get that '72 CSL. I even like the colour.

llow? Come on. And if you try to paint it something decent you lose the unique livery. There should be an option for swapping between different factory colors.
Yeah. Not only in UCD. I did win Pagani Huyara for last championship and it came in full white... I really do want it in two-tone blue or red with carbon bits...

I think there is solution. If everyone posts cars in "factory" paint as a downloadable "style" there will be possibility to find desired colour even after buying used car in bad one.

Last edited:
I couldn't resist the Stratos, so I went on an Italian classic spending spree and nabbed one of them plus the De Tomaso in the Hagerty Collection.

The Stratos sounds amazing and actually has good balance, really fun car to power-slide provided you don't overdo it (which is easier said than done due to the short wheelbase). It just lacks outright grip due to comfort medium tyres, but I think you could tune it up to be quite fast.

Wait, the Stratos is in the Used Dealer not the Legendary Dealer? How much is it? I might have to nab one, if it's less than a million.

VXR
I'm looking forward to earning the credits this evening to get that '72 CSL. I even like the colour.
I think it's the '71 CSL. The color IS dope, and it doesn't drive as well as the '73 but it's worth the color alone. Too bad we don't get paint "chips" like we used to as I'd love to use this color on the '73 CSL

The Stratos sounds amazing
When I first drove it all I could think was "Pro Tools". I did 8mo interning in a recording studio that did a lot of contracted sound effects and for some reason the Stratos immediately gave me flashbacks to that nightmare year, lol. I guess sound aesthetics are subjective though... It just didn't sound like a natural/organic sound to me, but then I've never even seen a Stratos IRL, let alone driven one so maybe it's dead-on the money.

One car in the dealership that does sound great (to me) is that 300zx. With racing muffler/manifold/air filter it's one of the best sounding cars I've heard in GT7. Still too much reverb, but still damned fine (all the cars are a bit over-tuned in this department, but it's the kind of thing most people aren't going to hear if they haven't spent years at a mixing board

It should be a '71 because it's the 1971 2985cc 180hp carb model, not the 1972 3003cc 200hp injection model (or the later 3153cc 206hp injection "3.2" model).
In that case, it should be the CS, not the CSL (and PD screwed up the displacement as well).

Edit - I found the one source that says there was a 1971 CSL (not to be confused with the extended 3.0L CS), and given the numbers match up exactly with what PD put into the game,...

Last edited:
have you checked the 'real car color' tab in the paint section? i've found most everything decent in there, it seems like they've got every color used in the game
I had checked under green and didn't see it. But went back and tried yellow and sure enough, BMW "Golf" yellow is in there. Still looks green to me, but I am partially color-blind so yellow it is, I suppose. Thanks for directing me back there.

Kind of stupid that I don't already own the paint given I spent 125k for a car... Realism, I guess. So I assume the only way to "own" a paint is to buy it from this menu? This would be why every time I've taken a car in here it only shows me the '20 Supra, as I own no paint, correct?

Edit: @Eggstor Yeah, it should be the CSi as the CSL wasn't produced until '72 like you said.
Re-edit: @Eggstor Damn, good find. Never heard of a '71 CSL... that's an amazing looking car in the link. Good work, PD! Don't here that very often these days, lol

Last edited:
I couldn't resist the Stratos, so I went on an Italian classic spending spree and nabbed one of them plus the De Tomaso in the Hagerty Collection.

The Stratos sounds amazing and actually has good balance, really fun car to power-slide provided you don't overdo it (which is easier said than done due to the short wheelbase). It just lacks outright grip due to comfort medium tyres, but I think you could tune it up to be quite fast.
Ya I bought both of those this morning. Seemed like a reasonable price for both and I'm planning on tuning up the Stratos for the dirt races I have yet to try.

I’m on the fence about buying used cars in colors I don’t like, because the livery editor is crap. Not only does it remove official decals, but sometimes it also repaints parts of the car it shouldn’t.

Yesterday I was trying to repaint my Autobianchi with another official color option, but the livery editor insisted on also repainting the black plastic bumpers. Then I just gave up and left the car as it was.

Kind of stupid that I don't already own the paint given I spent 125k for a car... Realism, I guess. So I assume the only way to "own" a paint is to buy it from this menu? This would be why every time I've taken a car in here it only shows me the '20 Supra, as I own no paint, correct?
Even better - the “actual” colors cost 3-4000, which is 3x the auto generated choices. Particularly annoying is that Matte Black is very difficult to find in this game… many mislabeled colors/effects.

I changed my livery editor background to outdoors, which seems to make things clearer.

Even better - the “actual” colors cost 3-4000, which is 3x the auto generated choices. Particularly annoying is that Matte Black is very difficult to find in this game… many mislabeled colors/effects.

I changed my livery editor background to outdoors, which seems to make things clearer.
Thanks, I'll try that out out. As for the pricing, nothing surprises me with this game anymore. In fact its hard to believe we don't have consumable tires and fuel that have to be continuously purchased, lol. Guarantee they thought about it...

Official sources are much clearer on this, BMW M's official website, and BMW Groups own archives...

From BMW-M.com https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/magazine-article-pool/bmw-3-0-csl.html

FROM RACETRACK TO ROAD
Following the weight disadvantage, Alpina developed a lightweight 3.0 CS for BMW for the road, the BMW 3.0 CSL, which at the same time served as a homologation model for motorsport. The first lightweight version of the BMW six-cylinder coupé appeared in 1971. It owns the same technology as the BMW 3.0 CS coupé’s carburettor version and the same output of 180 h while weighing 215 kg less and offering much more dynamic drivability.

THE TURNING POINT IN MOTORSPORT
The turning point came with a change in the BMW board. Bob Lutz, a passionate motorsport enthusiast, took over sales in 1972. Lutz headhunted Ford’s head of motorsport Jochen Neerpasch and their leading racing engineer. He also pushed ahead with the return of BMW works teams to touring car sport. The intention of uniting all BMW’s motorsport engagement under one roof ultimately led to the founding of BMW Motorsport GmbH in the same year. Under Neerpasch, the second stage of the BMW 3.0 CSL was developed, now with 200 hp and six-cylinder injection engine. About a year later, the final version of the 3.0 CSL appeared, which was not only optically something very special.

And from BMW Group Classic archive.

1648053344603.png

1648053306920.png

1648053269330.png

Buying paint chips is not an issue in this game as they are dirt cheap. The whole catalog is there and freely available for purchase right off the bat, complete with sufficient filter options to get to what you need. All colors should be in there, if you can't find the one you had in mind, go search for it in GT Sport (as in YouTube videos) to confirm all factory colors for that car.

As for why the paint screen shows a Supra, Lancia, and a Beetle, it's not what you think, it's just PD being PD (plain dumb).

There is another point that makes questionable how the UCD and the Legendary dealer are structured right now. Today the Fiat 500 and the C9 are in limited stock only. Which means that tomorrow, they will be out of stock, and only in 2 days there will be one new car in both dealers. If the cars rotates in 7 days, it means that every thursday and friday there will be no new cars, and only a single new car will be available every saturday... There is clearly a hole in there.

Ps. Corrected the days.

Last edited:
I’m on the fence about buying used cars in colors I don’t like, because the livery editor is crap. Not only does it remove official decals, but sometimes it also repaints parts of the car it shouldn’t.

Yesterday I was trying to repaint my Autobianchi with another official color option, but the livery editor insisted on also repainting the black plastic bumpers. Then I just gave up and left the car as it was.
Yeah it’s awful. I wanted to change the yellow 458 I got from the cafe to a sexy Ferrari red and just said forget it.

I'm a bit confused.
All the used cars I bought (25 or so) are in mint, excellent condition. Even the 911 GT3 997 '09 (it has around 25.000km). I didn't have to spend a dime on anything for maintenance.
I randomly checked this guy's video and the GT3 997 he bought in UCD is all under "normal" conditions, which would be realistic of course.

In what conditions are the cars you purchase in UCD? I guess nothing changed for me between release version and following patches.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused.
All the used cars I bought (25 or so) are in mint, excellent condition. Even the 911 GT3 997 '09 (it has around 25.000km). I didn't have to spend a dime on anything for maintenance.
I randomly checked this guy's video and the GT3 997 he bought in UCD is all under "normal" conditions, which would be realistic of course.

In what conditions are the cars you purchase in UCD? I guess nothing changed for me between release version and following patches.

My 997 GT3 were also on normal condition the day I bought it from UCD.

Back