Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,749 comments
The only car I bought from the UCD that needed an oil change, engine rebuild and chassis rebuild was the M3 E30 I bought day one.

Also @Nielsen, just paint the "others" section of the car K3 Matte, works for most other cars too that have some kind of non-painted trim that get's painted by changing color in the editor. An other method would be to just put a colored square on the body with angle and depth ramped up to 10, thought that takes away the chance to use special or original colors.

I might have said on here before, but my 964 is 'normal' for engine and chassis, but excellent for oil. As far as I'm aware, all of my other used purchases are excellent across the board.

It was my first used car purchase, maybe that's a factor?

I'm a bit confused.
All the used cars I bought (25 or so) are in mint, excellent condition. Even the 911 GT3 997 '09 (it has around 25.000km). I didn't have to spend a dime on anything for maintenance.
I randomly checked this guy's video and the GT3 997 he bought in UCD is all under "normal" conditions, which would be realistic of course.

In what conditions are the cars you purchase in UCD? I guess nothing changed for me between release version and following patches.

The cars' condition will depend on the km on the odometer. As in previous GT games, there is a certain km-value when the oil will change its condition. In GT7 the best conditions seem to be "excellent", which changes to "normal" at a certain point. This does not seem to change the PP-figure yet, so "normal" would still be ok. I don't know what the worse conditions after that are, but it would be great to know the km-limits when the oil, the engine and the chassis are deteriorating.

I suspect that any condition worse than "normal" will also have an effect on performance, which we should be able to see in the PP-figure.

VXR
I might have said on here before, but my 964 is 'normal' for engine and chassis, but excellent for oil. As far as I'm aware, all of my other used purchases are excellent across the board.

It was my first used car purchase, maybe that's a factor?
My first used car was the Civic Type R EK touring car. All excellent.

The only car I bought from the UCD that needed an oil change, engine rebuild and chassis rebuild was the M3 E30 I bought day one.

Also @Nielsen, just paint the "others" section of the car K3 Matte, works for most other cars too that have some kind of non-painted trim that get's painted by changing color in the editor. An other method would be to just put a colored square on the body with angle and depth ramped up to 10, thought that takes away the chance to use special or original colors.
I guess you have to be unlucky to have a used car in "normal" condition (oil, chassis, engine or all 3 together)
Or I'm just lucky because mine are all excellent, 23 out of 23.

Last edited:
The cars' condition will depend on the km on the odometer. As in previous GT games, there is a certain km-value when the oil will change its condition. In GT7 the best conditions seem to be "excellent", which changes to "normal" at a certain point. This does not seem to change the PP-figure yet, so "normal" would still be ok. I don't know what the worse conditions after that are, but it would be great to know the km-limits when the oil, the engine and the chassis are deteriorating.

I suspect that any condition worse than "normal" will also have an effect on performance, which we should be able to see in the PP-figure.
This isn't true (currently at least) as the Evo TME that I bought has 65k on the clock and everything is excellent.

Also, my RX8 which I bought from new changed to 'normal' oil quality at ~200 miles and lost 1bhp

I Should've bought the winged CSL when it was there. Oh well
Yeah, I haven't followed things that closely so I just assumed we'd be getting the full treatment on both cars, however... I like that the mods are different for this car... as far as I can tell it's possible to turn it into quite a special Alpina.

I didn't see the answer in here, but the Trans Am in my UCD lacks the Firebird graphics on the hood. Do I have to use the livery editor to add them or will they come up if I repaint it in an OEM colour?

I didn't see the answer in here, but the Trans Am in my UCD lacks the Firebird graphics on the hood. Do I have to use the livery editor to add them or will they come up if I repaint it in an OEM colour?
If you try to repaint it you'll lose all decals, my suggestion is to look in the showcase section, people have already made replicas with the graphics

Why is the UCD the same for everyone? Even the colors, this plus not having any new cars in there for the last few days is bogus, there is no motivation to play when it gets this lackluster, not to mention i just grind the same race for daily workout every day to get a little bit of cr and to get a ticket but in the last 10 days I’ve only had 1 4 star ticket which means I’ve only had a 1in5 chance at an engine swap in 10 days, this makes the game dead to me!

I guess we should be seeing the Testarossa, MR2 GTS and maybe a Copen, Beat, 512, Dino? Doesn’t seem like much more pre-2011 cars on the master car list. No doubt we still have different Color of the same cars, but in terms of what came boxed on debut, not a whole lot to come.

The used car dealership officially sucks. How ****ing hard is it to implement this in a fun and functional way? It hasn't updated for over 4 days and as of right now 4 of the cars are even sold out.

Jesus Christ it's the simplest idea, it shouldn't be tedious like this.

Considering I'm basically waiting for one car to pop up, I basically just turn the game off and on again. I don't have any need or desire to repeat races or championships.

Last edited:
The used car dealership officially sucks. How ****ing hard is it to implement this in a fun and functional way? It hasn't updated for over 4 days and as of right now 4 of the cars are even sold out.

Jesus Christ it's the simplest idea, it shouldn't be tedious like this.
I think it will function better with more cars added into it. It will happen in April so stay tuned.

There’s a fair few that haven’t popped up (Been waiting since launch for the non-vert 69 Vette!), but the stupid old Mini and Fiat 500 are back already?!

There’s a fair few that haven’t popped up (Been waiting since launch for the non-vert 69 Vette!), but the stupid old Mini and Fiat 500 are back already?!
Yeah, I'm really anticipating the dropshipment of that L46 vette, too. 👀

Last edited:
Back