Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,749 comments
Finally bought the Tyoe 2. Been wanting to make a “proper” NISMOfest Bus, since GTS. Now that we can add decals to the side windows, it’ll be more fun.
Imagine people dropping a 911 motor in that thing lmao

Have been away on business for the past few days so haven’t had a chance to log in. Should be able to get on today and was wondering if the Testarossa was still in stock? Thanks in advance!

Testarossa: 384 BHP and 1.506 kg
GTO: 393 BHP and 1.160 kg

The Testarossa cannot “stomp” the GTO with those stats. Maybe you are not using the GTO’s turbo to your own advantage? This car lives in the higher RPMs much like the F40, so avoid letting the tachometer drop into turbo lag territory.
I stand by my initial statement, but only when stock. Doesn't make sense when you look at power/weight ratios, but I'm a second or more quicker on every track I've tried both on head-to-head. Both stock engine/weight/suspension, but both on sports hards.

Maybe it's just me and the way I drive but the stock Testarossa handles like an RX-7 FD, original NSX, or an air-cooled 911; near perfect cornering balance that is unrivaled in this PP class of road car. The GTO in this game and in Sport give me next to no feedback as to when it's about to go over the edge. So while the GTO is faster in a straight line, the Testarossa murders it in the corners to such a degree that I run faster laps with the TR. However...

There is a huge caveat with that bold statement: the sublime handling disappears as soon as you take weight off or add power. I now have five of them, all with different setups, since the cost of a new body/engine to undue the permanent mods are almost as expensive as the car. Between bouts of credit grinding I've been trying in vain to replicate the stock handling with a better power/weight ratio and I just cannot find it, not even somewhat close! Just doing the first weight-reduction and nothing else kills it. Adding an air filter/muffler/manifold brings the power up just enough that it wants to break traction with careful throttle control. No matter what I do with the ballast, no matter what I do to the suspension, LSD, adding a wing... Nothing. Just minor upgrades and I'm running 5 seconds SLOWER in this thing... It's like it becomes an entirely different car!

I'm far from a great tuner, but its very rare that I cannot improve upon the stock setup and make an un-drivable car somewhat decent. Yet in the Testarossa if I bring it up to 640-650pp I can't even make it one lap without sliding off the tarmac, regardless of course. In contrast, the GTO's characteristics are almost static when you bring its power up, I just have to be more careful. So while I don't get along with GTO at all, it's MUCH faster when modded.

Again, this is probably just my driving style and everyone that reads this thinks I'm nuts, lol, but I genuinely meant what I said at the time. Still do as long as it remains bone stock. The only bright spot is I have now found something to do in the game besides just grinding, and I'm going to find a way to make this car just as fast as the GTO at 650pp/675pp/700pp, even if it costs me my sanity! :banghead: So I'll concede the point... for now. lol

I don't plan on tuning my Testa since I enjoyed driving it and have no intend of racing it.

That being said, I kinda want to buy another and fully tune it just to see how it is but I'm trying to scrape up credits for when my desired cars show up.

I stand by my initial statement, but only when stock. Doesn't make sense when you look at power/weight ratios, but I'm a second or more quicker on every track I've tried both on head-to-head. Both stock engine/weight/suspension, but both on sports hards.
I compared the GTO and Testarossa on Brands Hatch as well. Both cars stock but fitted with sports medium tires. For me the GTO was 1.5 seconds faster than the Testarossa.

I can imagine the GTO being a handful on sport hard tires, making it difficult to match the more planted Testarossa, but the GTO is the faster car.

I see some people make liveries for the 180SX, has that been in the UCD, i've checked every day, so i must have somehow missed it.

That's a ****ing lottery, and what's even worse - you cannot replay that championship to get other cars.
Yeah, it's bs. It should be coming up in the UCD though. We have three new cars coming in about 25min and I believe 3 more tomorrow so there's a decent chance we see it soon

Edit: I get so sick of seeing cars you buy in Brand Central showing up in the UCD for like 12% off and 50k miles instead of 0. Does anyone buy these considering you'd have to invest 50% of the vehicle cost to get it back to actual new car performance? It would cost substantially more than just buying it in BC... This update to increase the number of cars in the dealerships can't come quick enough.

Last edited:

Maybe it's just me and the way I drive but the stock Testarossa handles like an RX-7 FD, original NSX, or an air-cooled 911; near perfect cornering balance that is unrivaled in this PP class of road car. The GTO in this game and in Sport give me next to no feedback as to when it's about to go over the edge. So while the GTO is faster in a straight line, the Testarossa murders it in the corners to such a degree that I run faster laps with the TR. However...

There is a huge caveat with that bold statement: the sublime handling disappears as soon as you take weight off or add power. I now have five of them, all with different setups, since the cost of a new body/engine to undue the permanent mods are almost as expensive as the car. Between bouts of credit grinding I've been trying in vain to replicate the stock handling with a better power/weight ratio and I just cannot find it, not even somewhat close! Just doing the first weight-reduction and nothing else kills it. Adding an air filter/muffler/manifold brings the power up just enough that it wants to break traction with careful throttle control. No matter what I do with the ballast, no matter what I do to the suspension, LSD, adding a wing... Nothing. Just minor upgrades and I'm running 5 seconds SLOWER in this thing... It's like it becomes an entirely different car!

I'm far from a great tuner, but its very rare that I cannot improve upon the stock setup and make an un-drivable car somewhat decent. Yet in the Testarossa if I bring it up to 640-650pp I can't even make it one lap without sliding off the tarmac, regardless of course. In contrast, the GTO's characteristics are almost static when you bring its power up, I just have to be more careful. So while I don't get along with GTO at all, it's MUCH faster when modded.

Again, this is probably just my driving style and everyone that reads this thinks I'm nuts, lol, but I genuinely meant what I said at the time. Still do as long as it remains bone stock. The only bright spot is I have now found something to do in the game besides just grinding, and I'm going to find a way to make this car just as fast as the GTO at 650pp/675pp/700pp, even if it costs me my sanity! :banghead: So I'll concede the point... for now. lol
I modded mine almost fully and run the 700 cup often with it. With the traction on 1 it drives great has just enough power to break through the traction enough to make it fast still.. When i sign on in a few hours ill post a picture of tune sheet for you to try out im sure you have 1 of them ladys close to my spec already..

I modded mine almost fully and run the 700 cup often with it. With the traction on 1 it drives great has just enough power to break through the traction enough to make it fast still.. When i sign on in a few hours ill post a picture of tune sheet for you to try out im sure you have 1 of them ladys close to my spec already..
Cool, thank you! I've made some progress on it but my 650pp build is still too wild

garbage they need to stop waisting spaces with all these cars we can buy anytime in brand central. They must not think they torture us enough with the small daily coin stack, they feel the need to crush your hopes of getting your favorite car that day tooo smh lmao
I don’t mind getting a breather every now and then, as it takes away the pressure of having to constantly earn credits, which for the time being is hard work in this game.

Back