Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,749 comments
Yeah I buy them, mainly for the acquired tab to turn blue and the entry in my Pokédex. I’ve got limited interest in road cars and tuning so if there’s something I like I’ll generally pour money into it but most cars just sits in the garage untouched.
Ah, hadn't considered that scenario. Makes sense in that context

I think I saw the 180sx pop up weeks ago, haven't seen it since, and my UCD doesn't seem to update every day either... shoulda grabbed it then.

:( (All books complete)

Oopsie

I believe that I was thinking of a different McLaren. I assumed that you were referencing the McLaren F1. Since you mentioned buying it from Brand Central, I now think that you were talking about the MP4-12C.

I am surprised that no weight reduction is possible. I also desire this car. The UCD offering was listed as having >50K miles. At merely a 40K credit discount, I will opt for a new one from Brand Central.

I also read an allegation of MP4-12C being not fun to drive. How do you like it? I really believe that I will enjoy it regardless 🙂
Yeah sorry I should have said in was talking about the MP4-12C. I just done a championship with it, was okay to drive but at Monza the backend does step out a lot. Not of of my favourites so far.

A small but significant improvement would be to just remove the whole ‘sold out’ thing. What’s the point of taking up a slot just to tell you that you missed your chance to buy it? It truly serves no positive/useful purpose.

Just removing that would allow for faster cycling of cars both here and in the legendary dealership with extremely minimal effort.

A small but significant improvement would be to just remove the whole ‘sold out’ thing. What’s the point of taking up a slot just to tell you that you missed your chance to buy it? It truly serves no positive/useful purpose.

Just removing that would allow for faster cycling of cars both here and in the legendary dealership with extremely minimal effort.
The only reason it’s there is as a FOMO tactic to push buying credits.

Last edited:
Because I can't buy one in the UCD I'm going buying a real one from autotrader tomorrow...

That's how serial I am about MR2 ownership.
And it probably will cost fewer dollars than credits.
I think I saw the 180sx pop up weeks ago, haven't seen it since, and my UCD doesn't seem to update every day either... shoulda grabbed it then.

:( (All books complete)
It hasn't been in the UCD rotation since at least March 3 (even as sold out), and it isn't part of the menu book specials.

The cycle speed increase would be marginal, as instead of 8-9 days (on average) between fresh cars, it would be 7-8. There were a couple of cars in the UCD early on that got replaced without being sold out, so it is possible to implement on a wide scale. Let's see how many new UCD/Hagerty slots 1.10 gives us.

The "good" news is there will be 2 different UCD cars tomorrow because the VW Sambabus and Ford GT sold out.

I think it does serve a purpose. Tells you that in 24 hours it'll be replaced by a new one and you might want to grind a bit more in case a favourite pops up. Of course it could just be replaced by a traditional timer but perhaps that's not as fitting as the current terms. And would probably get more complaints along the lines of "UHHH FOMO".

I think the rotations have been shockingly bad at times, today two cars you can buy from brand central, really? It's bad enough they seemingly skip days on updating the dealers as it is.
this really fascinates me. I suppose I can see the point in having a few “brand central” cars in the used dealership, but keeping that level at 90% just seems idiotic. Surely there are enough pre-2001 non-legendary cars to cycle through??

Pretty frustrating to wait for the Testarossa, only be able to purchase one with 55,000 miles, and be left with no reasonable expectation that another one with less miles will ever appear.

1 new car tomorrow, 4 new cars 2 days later. Hopefully at least 2 of them are interesting cars that aren't from Brand Central.
I hope they are too. Can't stand the BC cars in the UCD. Seems like they shouldn't be there hogging up spots for other cars since you can always buy a BC car unless they're the dreaded invite cars. :indiff:

Last edited:
I hope they are too. Can't stand the BC cars in the UCD. Seems like they shouldn't be there hogging up spots for other cars since you can always buy a BC car unless they're the dreaded invite cars. :indiff:
I got bamboozled by buying a 911 GT3 997 from the UCD because I though it doesn't show up in BC. Then the game decided to reward me with another after I won one of the cafe championship. They're lucky I'm a Porsche fan lmao

Last edited:
I think it does serve a purpose. Tells you that in 24 hours it'll be replaced by a new one and you might want to grind a bit more in case a favourite pops up. Of course it could just be replaced by a traditional timer but perhaps that's not as fitting as the current terms. And would probably get more complaints along the lines of "UHHH FOMO".
Or one could just be prepared for a favourite to appear at all times. The sold out message is just waste of time.

this really fascinates me. I suppose I can see the point in having a few “brand central” cars in the used dealership, but keeping that level at 90% just seems idiotic. Surely there are enough pre-2001 non-legendary cars to cycle through??

Pretty frustrating to wait for the Testarossa, only be able to purchase one with 55,000 miles, and be left with no reasonable expectation that another one with less miles will ever appear.
It only seems like there's 90% Brand Central cars in the UCD, though 8 of 15 there right now are Brand Central cars.

I count 28 pre-2001 cars likely to appear in the UCD rather than Hagerty that have not appeared in the UCD rotation at all (though 3 of those could easily slide to Hagerty). The "good" news - 8 of them should already be in your garage if you completed the menu books, and another 2 might be if you got lucky with the championship cards.

The bad - Another 5 pre-2001 cars (all rather expensive and not prize cars) didn't last the entire first week.

The ugly - Another 7 pre-2001 cars on top of those 33 were unavailable as the clock slipped into 3/4 UTC (with 4 of those not being guaranteed prize cars), and 3 of those also unavailable on 3/3 (those were all guaranteed prize cars).

The bottom line - Of the 49 52 (edit - forgot the missions and gold licenses are not required to clear the menu books) UCD-only/likely UCD-only cars that are not guaranteed to be won, 22 have yet to be available to the average player through the UCD rotation.

Last edited:
The god-awful rotation system in GT7 makes me wish the GT series still had days as a feature, like every event counted as an in-game day that would forward the timer on certain inventories like the UCD.

I wish GT7’s inventory was slightly larger and rotated out on a per-race (day) basis, and was different for every player rather than the same. This applies to both the UCD and LCD. If a car you wanted disappears, you wouldn’t have to wait very long becuase the rotation would be much faster and optionally you could just keep doing events to reroll constantly, meaning what you want would eventually pop up anyways.

Now we’re stuck with a bad system that shows a tiny amount of ridiculously overpriced cars for too long which are frustrating to grind for, then if you leave them they might not be coming back for weeks. It’s such a bad design decision and it’s painful. So many cars in past games where it wasn’t a big deal because you could just try a few more races and what you were looking for would probably just show up anyways.

Last edited:
Honestly, I can rest easy about these UCD updates once the Nissan Sileighty has appeared. It’s like a sacred object from the old GT games that I look especially forward to explore in high resolution. I know it’s basically just a Silvia nose on the 180SX, but quite unique nonetheless.

Honestly, I can rest easy about these UCD updates once the Nissan Sileighty has appeared. It’s like a sacred object from the old GT games that I look especially forward to explore in high resolution. I know it’s basically just a Silvia nose on the 180SX, but quite unique nonetheless.
I forgot about that car. I need that one too I guess. But they should have just make the front end option for the 180SX.

I forgot about that car. I need that one too I guess. But they should have just make the front end option for the 180SX.
But then you would still have the 180SX badges on the car. The seperate model has the correct Sileighty badges.

Back