Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,747 comments
Many will disagree but I hope 50% of the car list will be in the Used Car Dealer.

Just makes it more fun to grind and find that car you want like it was in GT5.
I don't think it was really a grind in GT5 as much as you were at the mercy of RNG, in a way. I'd be glad if the whole idea of exclusive cars on certain days was left behind.

I also wonder if, for GT5's case, the UCD was more so meant to be a dumping ground for all the standard cars, whereas you could buy the premiums in the actual dealerships. I don't foresee that need being present in GT7; I think the idea of getting cars for cheaper than the dealership (but still being able to buy them anytime in the dealership) is more likely to happen.

At any rate, I do look forward to it. There could even be a variety of early-game strategies, where maybe you'll have enough credits to begin with to either choose from some new models, or buy a used one and have money to spare for upgrades. I remember in GT3, the only options were the PT Cruiser, or the New Beetle. So given how I like to try saving money in real life, I'll likely buy a used car first in GT7. That is, after I'm done with the driving school, haha!

Im going to put my prediction hat on (based on absolutely nothing other than it just came to my mind) and say that all cars will be available in the car dealers to buy new, the used car dealer being where you can buy version of cars with miles on the clock and modifications made to them.
So you get Cr 20,000 to start. Do you go and buy an MX5 from new, or do you go to the used car dealer and get a slammed Honda Jazz with a turbo and a ruddy great wing on it?

I would love that to be true.

Last edited:
Perhaps the normal dealership will include every car (maybe except secret ones?) and the used car dealership will include a range of cars that have been beaten down and have problems with them. From there, you can upgrade the body rigidity, oil, and maybe some broken parts that the game warns you about. Doesn't sound like a Gran Turismo, but we haven't seen this Gran Turismo. We don't know what the future holds, it could be amazing, or it could just be a time where the used car dealership has the older cars, while the general dealership has new ones that brands would want to show off (hence 'brand central', rather than junkyard).

Not really,haven't they always put cars new to the series in the NCD?
I don't recall all cars new to the series. GT3 & GT5P, I think, were the exceptions, since there was no UCD. Past GTs usually had up to date cars. '97, '99-'00, '01, '04.

Now I have to check.

Im going to put my prediction hat on (based on absolutely nothing other than it just came to my mind) and say that all cars will be available in the car dealers to buy new, the used car dealer being where you can by version of cars with miles on the clock and modifications made to them.
So you get Cr 20,000 to start. Do you go and buy an MX5 from new, or do you go to the used car dealer and get a slammed Honda Jazz with a turbo and a ruddy great wing on it?

I would love that to be true.

It would be cool if some of the used cars were modified, but I'd hate it if they randomised the modifications applied,

i.e. 2003 Nissan Primera with AR Torq-Thrust wheels, a colour mismatched GT wing, a reinforced chassis and nothing else.

I don't recall all cars new to the series. GT3 & GT5P, I think, were the exceptions, since there was no UCD. Past GTs usually had up to date cars. '97, '99-'00, '01, '04.

Now I have to check.
Just going off the top of my head,enjoy.:lol:

Just going off the top of my head,enjoy.:lol:
In GT2 and 4 there were plenty of cars new to the series for those games in the Used Car Dealerships, for GT5 the Used Car Dealership consisted of the cars from GT4, all new cars were in the New Car Dealership and in GT3, GT6 and GT Sport there was no Used Car Dealership at all.

In GT2 and 4 there were plenty of cars new to the series for those games in the Used Car Dealerships, for GT5 the Used Car Dealership consisted of the cars from GT4, all new cars were in the New Car Dealership and in GT3, GT6 and GT Sport there was no Used Car Dealership at all.

In GT5 the Bugatti Veyron was only in the Used Car Dealership (price 2 Mio cr.)

IR

In GT5 the Bugatti Veyron was only in the Used Car Dealership (price 2 Mio cr.)

IR
Yeah, I think that wasn't a fully premium model. The Veryon first appeared in GT on the PSP, there may have been a other cars featured the same (I can't remember). The Veyron wasn't new to the series though, it had appeared in GT before GT5, but it wasn't a carry forward from GT4 either.

But as far I can remember all of the cars in the cars new to the series for GT5 were in the new car dealership along with any premium models of cars we had had in previous games.

GT6 also places all new cars in the dealerships, it had to because it didn't have a used car delaership. But earlier games with used car deleraships did put a number of new-to-the-series cars in the used car dealerships as well. So we've seen both techniques used to varying degrees of success.

Fair enough,I guess I remembered what I wanted to this time.👍:lol: still a nice idea to keep that theme going.:)

I sincerely hope to see actual old/slow bargain cars on the used car dealer. On GT Sport, Chevrolet for example only has Camaros and Corvettes, and that's my point, a Chevy city car, such as a Cruze or an Equinox would really add to the charm of being into the used car dealer.

I have nothing against performance cars appearing there, but those city cars seem more realistic and should appear with more frequency. GT4 actually works with the perfect example for it.

Of course, that all would consequently require more content, but that's only my point of view for a perfect UCD.

I sincerely hope to see actual old/slow bargain cars on the used car dealer. On GT Sport, Chevrolet for example only has Camaros and Corvettes, and that's my point, a Chevy city car, such as a Cruze or an Equinox would really add to the charm of being into the used car dealer.

I have nothing against performance cars appearing there, but those city cars seem more realistic and should appear with more frequency. GT4 actually works with the perfect example for it.

Of course, that all would consequently require more content, but that's only my point of view for a perfect UCD.

I agree with all this. There was something special about checking the used car dealerships after a few days and seeing a new line up. Then seeing some surprises like the S.S Trueno which I had no idea was in the game at the time. I hope for some other surprises like this that you have to keep an eye out for.

I definitely bought and tried some different cars in GT4 just because they appeared in these dealerships and looked fun. In later games I only bought cars I knew I wanted brand new.

Im glad this was brought up. This is the biggest reason I want GT7. The limited car selection in GTS is terrible. I want my 1998-2003 Lotus Esaprit V8 GT and 1995-1999 Mitsu GTO MR/3000GT VR-4, especially the latter.

Literally, i would buy GT7 just for the car selection. I'm really really hoping the Used car lot has 'premium' interiors for all of them; hell both of the cars I mentioned have basically identical interiors. They should copy and paste and go from there. Forza has been calling me but i only own a PS4 but their 1997 Mitsu GTO TT makes me drool.

Im glad this was brought up. This is the biggest reason I want GT7. The limited car selection in GTS is terrible. I want my 1998-2003 Lotus Esaprit V8 GT and 1995-1999 Mitsu GTO MR/3000GT VR-4, especially the latter.

Literally, i would buy GT7 just for the car selection. I'm really really hoping the Used car lot has 'premium' interiors for all of them; hell both of the cars I mentioned have basically identical interiors. They should copy and paste and go from there. Forza has been calling me but i only own a PS4 but their 1997 Mitsu GTO TT makes me drool.
There are no standard cars in GT Sport, they probably ditched that for good. Used car would probably go back into what it has been, storing cars which are from older era, but aren't memorable enough for "Classics/Legendary Cars" in GT4. Though I wonder for GT7, which era the UCD will cover, we haven't had the GT1/GT4 UCD for 15 years. GT4's UCD covered cars before 2000. Which car year GT7's UCD will cover?

There are no standard cars in GT Sport, they probably ditched that for good. Used car would probably go back into what it has been, storing cars which are from older era, but aren't memorable enough for "Classics/Legendary Cars" in GT4. Though I wonder for GT7, which era the UCD will cover, we haven't had the GT1/GT4 UCD for 15 years. GT4's UCD covered cars before 2000. Which car year GT7's UCD will cover?
Maybe anything before 2010? Cars like the M3 '03, Swift Sport '07, 500 '08, Fairlady Z '07

The UCD from GT2 was good, I liked the Ford Mondeo in GT2 but has never appeared in any other GT game since

I think that's pretty likely as well. If the game doesn't have those cars I won't buy it. Yes I am insane.

It's weird because the GTO was MUCH better received in Japan and was a 'legend' there, especially the GTO MR which beat the R32 GTR over a mile in acceleration and ran a 12.888 400M run beating the R33 GTR (its on Best Motoring). The Japanese realized that it was GT car in non MR form. In the US, I feel like it's best remembered as the 'weird but heavy/forgettable one that was fast in a straight line'. The second gen VR-4 models ('95-'99) were the fastest of the 4 stock besides the Supra. Stock to stock it ran faster times than the FD3 and 300ZX Twin Turbo in a straight line but the Z and FD3 tend to be more favorably thought of (especially the Z32). My sig is my fastest time in the bone stock 1996 VR-4 i owned (Man the clutch :ouch:) and my Z32 TT ran a best of 13.7@103mph as i remember. The VR-4 feels and is faster than the Z but the Z is more engaging.

Sorry for the rambling. Anyways, I wonder what years as well. And what cars they will choose. GT2 was, to me as a kid, the best one due to the insane car selection. Who doesn't want a 1990-1996 Mazda Cosmo? That game still to this day has the best selection by far. I wish PD would focus on MORE CARS. At least match Forza for ****s sake!

Last edited:
What I don't understand is people are saying "its gonna be different to the other games" but we haven't scene anything apart from the logo with new highlighted.

What I don't understand is people are saying "its gonna be different to the other games" but we haven't scene anything apart from the logo with new highlighted.
That's just people getting excited. What we have seen confirms nothing other than we will be able to buy cars that are not from the new car dealerships (presumably) located in Brand Central. It could be where we buy other players creations, it could be like past GT's or it could be a combination of things/something completely new.

So far though, history (and that menu icon) is the only thing we have to go on and based on that it would be a safer bet expecting something more familiar than different IMO.

That's just people getting excited. What we have seen confirms nothing other than we will be able to buy cars that are not from the new car dealerships (presumably) located in Brand Central. It could be where we buy other players creations, it could be like past GT's or it could be a combination of things/something completely new.

So far though, history (and that menu icon) is the only thing we have to go on and based on that it would be a safer bet expecting something more familiar than different IMO.

What was cool from GT5 was the Online Used Car dealership loaded with crazy and cool cars. We didn't see that in the map menu but since car list may be different now may change this than from GT5's load of standard cars.

Took my time to list GT Sport's cars that are likely to appear as used cars. Just a few things to consider based on my predictions and theories:

1 - All GT Sport cars would appear on GT7;
2 - Only 1980-2010 models would take part in the UCD;
3 - Those very exotic/expensive/rare/exclusive cars would be excluded, even if it's between '80 and '10;
4 - No race cars, obviously.

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03
BMW M3 Coupe '03
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
Ford GT '06
Honda Beat '91
Honda Civic TYPE R (EK) '98
Honda Integra TYPE R (DC2) '98
Honda NSX TYPE R '92
Honda S2000 '99
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Maserati GranTurismo S '08
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
MINI Cooper S '05
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
Nissan 180SX Type X '96
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo 2seater (Z32) '89
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection '90
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02
Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09
Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00
Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX typeR STi Version VI '99
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88
Toyota Supra RZ '97
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83

Last edited:
Took my time to list GT Sport's cars that are likely to appear as used cars. Just a few things to consider based on my predictions and theories:

1 - All GT Sport cars would appear on GT7;
2 - Only 1980-2010 models would take part in the UCD;
3 - Those very exotic/expensive/rare/exclusive cars would be excluded, even if it's between '80 and '10;
4 - No race cars, obviously.

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03
BMW M3 Coupe '03
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
Honda Beat '91
Honda Civic TYPE R (EK) '98
Honda Integra TYPE R (DC2) '98
Honda NSX TYPE R '92
Honda S2000 '99
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Maserati GranTurismo S '08
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
MINI Cooper S '05
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
Nissan 180SX Type X '96
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo 2seater (Z32) '89
Nissan Farilady Z Version S (Z33) '07
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection '90
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02
Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09
Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00
Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX typeR STi Version VI '99
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88
Toyota Supra RZ '97
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83
Noted that there should be some classics/legendary cars for old cars, like in GT4. From those you listed, Viper GTS '02 was one in GT4.

Why not race cars? The Group C cars are in past UCDs.
Aside from GT5 which is a different take for UCD (it just fits every Standard cars, which is dropped on GTS/GT7), GT4 places each of them in Classics/Legendary Cars option of their respective brands.

I don't know why people only bring up GT5's for talking about UCDs right now, and ignoring the previous game ones.

Aside from GT5 which is a different take for UCD (it just fits every Standard cars, which is dropped on GTS/GT7), GT4 places each of them in Classics/Legendary Cars option of their respective brands.

I don't know why people only bring up GT5's for talking about UCDs right now, and ignoring the previous game ones.
The black versions were in GT4 UCD. That's what I was referencing. I also thought the WTCR 320i and JAL IS200 GTR are in the UCD. my mind is on fully renedered cars though. I don't expect a separation of say, GTS cars and GT7 rendered cars.

The black versions were in GT4 UCD. That's what I was referencing. I also thought the WTCR 320i and JAL IS200 GTR are in the UCD. my mind is on fully renedered cars though. I don't expect a separation of say, GTS cars and GT7 rendered cars.
The black versions were anomaly, yeah. But not, WTCR 320i is in new cars dealership. Also you mean Lexus IS 200 GT-R '04? That's also in new cars dealership (and Korean version). Not to mention, those cars are >2000 models... it's obvious that they won't be in UCD.

The black versions were anomaly, yeah. But not, WTCR 320i is in new cars dealership. Also you mean Lexus IS 200 GT-R '04? That's also in new cars dealership (and Korean version). Not to mention, those cars are >2000 models... it's obvious that they won't be in UCD.
I think I only found out about the IS200 GT-R from when I got GTPSP. Don't recall it in GT4 NCD.

I think I only found out about the IS200 GT-R from when I got GTPSP. Don't recall it in GT4 NCD.
It wasn't in every version of GT4, only if you bought the game version of certain regions. Same with the classic Mini for some reason.

The Nomoad Diable in GT3 was the same, it didn't feature in the PAL version of the game, and the Formula GT's were vastly different between the PAL and NTSC versions too.

Back