Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,713 comments
Yep. Was hoping we got this, when photos were being revealed at game debut.
20829176975766697.jpg

Interesting that PD decided on the 1978 T/A. Probably from Smokey and the Bandit movies.

Hopefully, they'll add the REAL T/A's: the 1969-70 RA IV, 1971-72 455 H.O, 1973-74 SD 455.
Not quite. The one(s; they used 4 for filming) in the original is (are) a 1976 with the 1977 front clip and decals. The one in the second movie is a 1980 turbo model (with a solid front clip above the bumper).

random question: any way I can check the milage on a car that has been previously available in past days?

or better yet, if you bought an Evo V waaaay back at March and never really took it out for a drive, let me know how many miles are on it!

Definitely looking forward to seeing what cars get added tonight at 2000. I'm especially hoping for a BMW 3.0 CSL '73 in a color I actually want, so I can buy one and potentially even do an engine swap, since I have a Z4 GT3 engine laying around. Yes, I know we can repaint cars, but I'd really prefer to see if I can get one in a factory color that I think looks especially good. In a similar vein, I'd buy two of the NSX Type R '92 if I saw it specifically available in Championship White.

I'm especially hoping that the colors will actually start to rotate now, too, since I'm waiting for a Delta in Lancia Dark Blue to swap in the GT-R Nismo engine, as I have that engine as well. I already have a red Delta and I'm gonna leave that one as stock, barring the purchase of some other tire compounds.

Last edited:
random question: any way I can check the milage on a car that has been previously available in past days?

or better yet, if you bought an Evo V waaaay back at March and never really took it out for a drive, let me know how many miles are on it!
Eggstor has been posting such information for a while earlier on in this thread, e.g. page 22. With some luck you could find the mileage of the Evo V.

The milage of UCD cars is different each time they appear.

This is a joke, right? I've been patiently waiting 6 months for the black and gold Firebird with the decal on the hood and.... No decal and no gold details!
Yes I know there are people who made the livery for it, but it's imprecise. It's not the same thing as the original.
It's a matter of principle. What the hell PD...
I'll get the car. I'm just disappointed.
Af least it wasn’t light brown for the seventh time in a row, or something like that.

Hi all, how often do the '95 Integra and '98 Civic show up in UCD? I know the '98 Integra and '97 Civic are available right now, but I want the two other ones...

Last edited:
Game has been out close to 6 months and I’m only missing 5 cars from the UCD. Maybe it’s me, but that seems pretty quick.

Also, it seems strange that a car with ‘x’ amount of miles purchased in the UCD remains available to purchase over and over. Logically it should become ‘sold out’ to the player.

They should lock the livery/paint but not the tune because everyone drives differently
To make it more realistic, have Andi hire a sleazeball salesman who lies to you periodically, jacks up the price at the last second, switches the car at the last second, etc. Andi himself already sold me a Subaru that needed several thousand credits' worth of work, but it did run well enough to win some races.
Oh, and they need to sell a V6 Mustang with 29.99% interest.

Last edited:
You know what's missing in the UCD? Yup, actual new cars on there. The last and only one we got with the updates was the Cappuccino. It feels like PD has completely forgotten used cars are a thing when releasing these content updates. They're always from Brand Central or Legendary Cars.

You know what's missing in the UCD? Yup, actual new cars on there. The last and only one we got with the updates was the Cappuccino. It feels like PD has completely forgotten used cars are a thing when releasing these content updates. They're always from Brand Central or Legendary Cars.
There are quite a few datamined cars that would show up in the UCD once added into the game. The trouble is not knowing which ones will come first.

Have the cars showing in the UCD all been the same price for the last 3/4 rotations?

I was using the GT7 info website showing the current cars in the UCD and LCD which also has a feature showing the previous prices the car has been listed at. The graphs show the price changing early on in the GT7 life, but then remaining the same for the next 3-4 rotations (I haven't been keeping track of this so I can't verify if it is accurate).

If this is the case, what exactly is the point of the UCD? Assuming that all the cars have had the same mileage (which makes sense if they have been the same price), then all the cars may as well just be available in brand central. If mileage and price isn't going to fluctuate with each rotation then it is effectively the same as having the cars in brand central but for a small discount and they're not always available.

I don't know a whole lot about coding games, but it doesn't sound that hard to me for PD to implement a randomizer with a set mileage range and list of colours for each car. Every rotation the randomizer picks a number within the range and a colour for the car.

If they wanted to be even more creative they could randomize other aspects of the car such as oil quality, engine wear, chassis rigidity (all of which can be reflected in the price) or even cars coming with performance upgrades and visual modifications (like you see the other A.I cars driving in GT League races).

As with many things PD do, I cannot understand how they think this is the best way of implementing a UCD, where cars repeatedly appear with the same mileage and in some cases, in the same colour over and over again.

Interesting that PD decided on the 1978 T/A. Probably from Smokey and the Bandit movies.

Hopefully, they'll add the REAL T/A's: the 1969-70 RA IV, 1971-72 455 H.O, 1973-74 SD 455.
The model in the car collection menu has that damn original black and gold color scheme with all the decals.
PD is either trolling or plain incompetent. How difficult could it be to add an option to change color scheme after purchase? The same color schemes the car was sold with in real life. Forza Motorsport has that.

EDIT: the one in the UCD right now isn't even black. It's dark green....

I want this outfit to drive it around in... complete with moustache... Has it been published by anyone yet...

p4795_p_v11_ar.jpg

Last edited:
Have the cars showing in the UCD all been the same price for the last 3/4 rotations?

I was using the GT7 info website showing the current cars in the UCD and LCD which also has a feature showing the previous prices the car has been listed at. The graphs show the price changing early on in the GT7 life, but then remaining the same for the next 3-4 rotations (I haven't been keeping track of this so I can't verify if it is accurate).

If this is the case, what exactly is the point of the UCD? Assuming that all the cars have had the same mileage (which makes sense if they have been the same price), then all the cars may as well just be available in brand central. If mileage and price isn't going to fluctuate with each rotation then it is effectively the same as having the cars in brand central but for a small discount and they're not always available.

I don't know a whole lot about coding games, but it doesn't sound that hard to me for PD to implement a randomizer with a set mileage range and list of colours for each car. Every rotation the randomizer picks a number within the range and a colour for the car.

If they wanted to be even more creative they could randomize other aspects of the car such as oil quality, engine wear, chassis rigidity (all of which can be reflected in the price) or even cars coming with performance upgrades and visual modifications (like you see the other A.I cars driving in GT League races).

As with many things PD do, I cannot understand how they think this is the best way of implementing a UCD, where cars repeatedly appear with the same mileage and in some cases, in the same colour over and over again.
Looks like their prices have been pretty stable for a while now:
prices_821.png

https://ddm999.github.io/gt7info/

Totally. However, the UCD does not represent much income potential from MTX. The LCD does, so PD is probably eager to release many of those cars first.

Last edited:
I finally was able to nab a Lancia Delta in Lancia Dark Blue! I'm planning to keep my red one as stock, and as for this blue one, I added a widebody, various aero parts, and BBS wheels. But the main thing I was excited for, was getting a Delta in this color so that I could put the GT-R Nismo engine I had laying around right into it! Now that it's swapped and fully-tuned, it has over 800HP! Though I think it's profoundly likely that I'll need to play with the ballast, power limiter, and ECU to get to to comply with future regulations. Still, having a notably variable amount of HP over the stock engine is very nice. It's why I'm similarly excited to win that Porsche engine you can put into the Sambabus.

I never knew both the 180SX and the Sileighty came in Midnight Purple. Now where the heck is my Midnight Purple R33?

At the livery editor.
Assuming that MNP paint is the solid variety, i.e., not metallic or pearl, when I am not sure of the HSV components of the paint color which must be applied in the livery editor, I have approximated a paint color by testing decals applied above the desired color with unknown values.

Try loading one of the Nissans painted with MNP into the livery editor creating a new livery which you need not save. Apply a square decal above a paint workspace section which may be viewed from multiple angles and in the various ambient light conditions. Adjust the HSV components of the decal so that you cannot distinguish between the decal and the underlying paint. Record these values and use them in a new livery editor creation for paint for your R33.

I hope you find this technique useful 👍

Back