VCRC 80s MX-5 & MR2 @ Nürburgring 24hrs - Complete - Results Posted

I will be using my alternate account Kenley-Canuck for the race, FR sent to VCRC.

MR2 colour super red II,

Still searching for Miata

My Toyota MR2 color is Blue Mica.

I don't have Mazda Miata, but hope it will appear in used cars list some day and hopefully before race day.

jammy21
My Toyota MR2 color is Blue Mica.

I don't have Mazda Miata, but hope it will appear in used cars list some day and hopefully before race day.

You can use the "license test trick" to cycle the UCD... I was in the same boat as you with the Miata.

Just go to the license tests, load one to the screen where you select start but don't actually attempt it, then click next test and do the same... I don't remember how many loads it takes to cycle the inventory completely, so I checked it after every 3 or 4 loads. Took me about. 15-20 minutes to get the right Miata to show up.

A faster way is to load up the Sunday Cup A-spec event.

1. Start the race
2. Once you see your car on the track, hit start.
3. Exit the track (but not the event)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 five more times.

You can cycle the UCD very quickly this way since you don't have to wait for tracks and cars to load each time.

Jackargent has offered to help with some miatas. 👍
I have a spare, but it's rather very high mileage, so I'm only going to offer that in a pinch.

A faster way is to load up the Sunday Cup A-spec event.

1. Start the race
2. Once you see your car on the track, hit start.
3. Exit the track (but not the event)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 five more times.

You can cycle the UCD very quickly this way since you don't have to wait for tracks and cars to load each time.

👍 👍

This is the way I use now.
The important thing is that you can't hit "restart race". You have to exit the race (but not the event), and then hit the start again.
It doesn't work if you just hit "restart".

Overall this way is faster, because the Sunday Cup Autumn Ring Mini race loads pretty quickly, and you only have to load it once.

And if anyone wants to practice with me, let me know.
I'm miserably going to stink up the joint in the MR2 otherwise. :lol:

Last edited:
Jackargent has offered to help with some miatas. 👍
I have a spare, but it's rather very high mileage, so I'm only going to offer that in a pinch.

👍 👍

This is the way I use now.
The important thing is that you can't hit "restart race". You have to exit the race (but not the event), and then hit the start again.
It doesn't work if you just hit "restart".

Overall this way is faster, because the Sunday Cup Autumn Ring Mini race loads pretty quickly, and you only have to load it once.

And if anyone wants to practice with me, let me know.
I'm miserably going to stink up the joint in the MR2 otherwise. :lol:

he he... I too shall be hunting for the miata in this way over the weekend.

thanks to the_saint8 for inviting me here....my first online organised event and i cant wait, really looking forward to it 👍

thanks to the_saint8 for inviting me here....my first online organised event and i cant wait, really looking forward to it 👍

Welcome then!!
welcomesign.gif

Overall, I think this is a good event to test the waters of GTPlanet's plethora of organized races. At least I hope so!

Welcome then!!
welcomesign.gif

Overall, I think this is a good event to test the waters of GTPlanet's plethora of organized races. At least I hope so!

I am sure i wont be dissapointed as i have heard many good reports about what goes on here 👍

quick question...do i need to run a seperate colour from others on the track? :dopey:

thanks

quick question...do i need to run a seperate colour from others on the track? :dopey:

There's no rules about it... You can paint your car whatever colour you want. I don't enforce any colour variations.
Just that many people tend to like to individualize. Part of the fun for some of us.

So it's sort of an unwritten rule, more of a courtesy I guess, to announce your colour upon sign up.
And I think many people will look at the colours already chosen and deliberately choose something different for theirs.
Also, some people tend to use the same colour scheme in all races in all cars.

You don't need to give the exact paint chip name if you don't recall it, or don't care. You can just describe it - ie: "light blue" or "bright yellow" or "dark green", etc.

Some people never announce their colour, and I don't hassle them about it. :sly:
I suspect that they don't want anyone to know they care. :lol: But secretly look at the sign-up list, and then choose something different. haha!!

watermelonpunch
Disregard what? :confused: :nervous:

Oh, did you post your, um... colours in the wrong thread? :sly: :lol: :lol:

I did... Trying to stay awake for F1 qualifying, it's getting a little rough... :lol:

You can use the "license test trick" to cycle the UCD... I was in the same boat as you with the Miata.

Just go to the license tests, load one to the screen where you select start but don't actually attempt it, then click next test and do the same... I don't remember how many loads it takes to cycle the inventory completely, so I checked it after every 3 or 4 loads. Took me about. 15-20 minutes to get the right Miata to show up.

WOW that really worked! Thanks a lot!

Now i have also Mazda MX-5 Miata and color is Amaranth Metallic (it's dark blue).

WOW that really worked! Thanks a lot!

Now i have also Mazda MX-5 Miata and color is Amaranth Metallic (it's dark blue).

Welcome to the world of mad shopping sprees at the UCD. ;)

I recycled mine about 6 times yesterday while listening to a podcast... and yet no Miatas at all. :grumpy:
And not much luck in the vintage area. Though I finally got a 70s Mirage.
And then the usual offerings of Toyota Sports 800 with ridiculously high mileage. *sigh* (800,000km :boggled:)

Looking forward to running these cars, this track, and with the VCRC again. I took the MR2 out around Nurb quick last night, that car is going to be a ton of fun. Still working on colors Melon. Feeling like I should go with something bright since some of the race will be in the dark.

Looking forward to running these cars, this track, and with the VCRC again. I took the MR2 out around Nurb quick last night, that car is going to be a ton of fun. Still working on colors Melon. Feeling like I should go with something bright since some of the race will be in the dark.

I picked a light colour for just that reason... Because I want to be seen!!!! :lol:
Because I fully expect to have someone catching me up & passing me in the dark. :ill: (I'm not very fast as it is, and I'm not very good in the dark, I'm afraid.)

As for the MR2's ton of fun... :nervous: I definitely need a bit more practice, since for me, all it takes is a momentary bout of excessive eagerness and I'm sending it for a beach holiday. :lol: :scared:
This car does require a bit of care in handling. ;)

When you said bright, you meant it I guess! :D
Now all we need to complete the spectrum is Johnnypenso with his 70s FireChicken scheme. :lol:

Here's your prize.
giveflowers.gif

:lol:

ROFL, definitely gotta do more of these races.:sly:

BTW, count me in for the races, I'm planning on entering with team Major Tom, all cars in matte light silver or some kind of aluminium colour. Rims maybe bluish, maybe yellowish. Definitely something 'ishish.

Last edited:
Back