W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice French flag in your signature. :rolleyes: paranoia will ensue

Anyways, ^ you heard the American. Our preseason will not begin for a period of time equal to half a season of GTMSA ITCC. :) And, our preseason will be a preseason-preseason, meaning that attendance will not be necessary, and we'll only be testing for specs, and small glitches.

However, I'll dribble this bit of information down the ranks, now, to keep you all interested: double race lengths (less frantic race starts = less frantic races = less crashes)

And, polar, just for you, I'll think of a better name for preseason.

Honestly guys, I think if we remove all pre 01' cars from the list we would have a good mix, just watched the replay from DF, to have myself, cnd01, norm, mel and damu in such different cars with so different drive trains made this series so great, as for JP well let's face it, the guys insane! He'd finish top 3 in a 53' beetle,

MrMelancholy15
Nice French flag in your signature. :rolleyes: paranoia will ensue

Anyways, ^ you heard the American. Our preseason will not begin for a period of time equal to half a season of GTMSA ITCC. :) And, our preseason will be a preseason-preseason, meaning that attendance will not be necessary, and we'll only be testing for specs, and small glitches.

However, I'll dribble this bit of information down the ranks, now, to keep you all interested: double race lengths (less frantic race starts = less frantic races = less crashes)

And, polar, just for you, I'll think of a better name for preseason.

My signature is a reverse stop light... Not a French flag.

And I really don't think the race length has too much to do with crashes. I'm pretty on edge at a Rolex start... And those are some pretty long races!

Will there still be 3 races? Or two at Bankfin length?

Mel, might I suggest you make this series morph into the Grand-Am Total Showcase. It would fit perfectly with the CTSCC and Rolex series.

cnd01
Mel, might I suggest you make this series morph into the Grand-Am Total Showcase. It would fit perfectly with the CTSCC and Rolex series.

We'd then have all 3 of grand am's series.

No, ferrari challenge doesn't count. It wasn't on the grand am trucks...

My signature is a reverse stop light... Not a French flag.

And I really don't think the race length has too much to do with crashes. I'm pretty on edge at a Rolex start... And those are some pretty long races!

Will there still be 3 races? Or two at Bankfin length?

Dave, I'm just doing what feels right, and a majority of WTCC/BTCC/Swedish TCC/C Canadian TCC/ etc. are all FF., excluding a BMW. If you see an FR car, at all, it will be a privateer car, or a BMW 330i. Maybe I'll allow you guys in your Jormo Subarus, as an homage to the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship.

Polarbear, the signature comment was meant for our newly self-proclaimed "Proud American;" cnd01. :lol: The whole joke was that it's actually a backwards French flag, but, I wanted to confuse/startle/paranoy (sp?) cnd. :)

As for the number of races, I like having three per weekend, because it allows people three chances to have a good race, every weekend.

And, the Rolex starts are because you can't make a mistake, at all, in that series. You get one chance, every weekend, to make your race go right, and, if you blow it, toodlez, chaps. There's nothing wrong with that, because it's an endurance series.

However, in Season I WMA ITCC, and a few other series, everyone went a little too crazy during the first few laps of the sprint. It's too chaotic. I want to leave some time to allow for cleaner passes.

And, the dying laps will be more hectic, I bet, than the opening laps, but, all the better, since the tires will be warmer, and everyone will have a chance to look behind, and situate their cars more accurately on the track.

Can we start one of the longer races with a formation lap and a standing start?

The starting methods for each race will be decided based on the decision of whether or not to have AWD or RWD cars. :)

If we have only FF cars, there will be two standing starts (no AWD/RWD launch-grip advantage,) but, I don't want drivetrains to negate qualifying, so we would only have one standing start (sprint race) if we did allow two or more drivetrains.

Also, we could also do it like this:

1. Race 1; rolling start based on qualifying, 2 length (longest race)
  2. Race 2; standing start, reverse grid, 1.5 length
  3. Race 3; standing start, reverse grid, original length

@polar: I´m not unforgiving. And I was a bit to ragey => sorry for my tone.

So someone didn´t read this post of mine :sly:

@Mel: I won´t vote for myself (because I always think I can do way more in terms of clean- and fairness) and from the others to vote of it has to be cnd01. He was always a fair oponent and so he gets my vote.

Last edited:
I have a little suggestion for the Sprint causa:
Half points.
=> that was the problem why everybody went nutts during the sprint. It was possible to get full points without having to do too many laps.

This will kill atleast a bit of the crazyness.

Addition:
I didn´t leave only because of Polar ;) He only droped the cherry on the Cake.

KingSakery
Addition:

I put the cherry on the cake the second time, someone else did it the first time ;)

Also, I must ask, why do you keep bringing this up?

Maybe you could host a Honda S2000 challenge? with the cars I chose too, so that you cant use a normal factory S2000 that has been tuned by the owner. I can't host it due to my internet being unreliable but I do have 50meg speed, its just that it constantly changes to like to or lower....

I've always wanted a race like this to be held!

I would race in a all ff series
Sweet! :)
I have a little suggestion for the Sprint causa:
Half points.
=> that was the problem why everybody went nutts during the sprint. It was possible to get full points without having to do too many laps.

This will kill atleast a bit of the crazyness.

Addition:

The craziness will be reduced in Season II.

Also, I must ask, why do you keep bringing this up?

Because I can´t stand it if someone talks BS.
1. At CSR5 I talked about it at the end of the Race in the Lobby-Board
=> Mel should have known about it
But I thought that it was generally ok but not for this Series with this strict passing rules etc.
Mel didn´t do anything => it was legal though

2. You and me Incident at Rome. Now you showed your true colours and that you are a horrible liar !
You said you missbraked but your "attitude-outcomming" brandmarked you as a weak and unfair rampage driver.

and
3. Mel thought (his second post at page 143) that you where the reason I left
=> I just wanted to clear it up.

===> If you have anything to say on this Topic GTP has a pm function so we can deal with it and won´t cause the Bann-Hammer on this Thread due to off-topic.

I must say; I really don't remember doing anything wrong at CSR5. I also don't remember hearing/seeing you write anything telling me to stop.

I already told you I'm not sorry for the events before the last punt at Rome.

I told you I am sorry for punting you in the first complex of turns, yes, I did miss my brake point. I had by brakes at 7/8 and could go into that turn later than anyone else.

Not really sure what else you want from me.

The other stuff about me being penalized or whatever is between you and Mel.

I must say; I really don't remember doing anything wrong at CSR5. I also don't remember hearing/seeing you write anything telling me to stop.

I already told you I'm not sorry for the events before the last punt at Rome.

I told you I am sorry for punting you in the first complex of turns, yes, I did miss my brake point. I had by brakes at 7/8 and could go into that turn later than anyone else.

Not really sure what else you want from me.

The other stuff about me being penalized or whatever is between you and Mel.

Looks like ya got sum fender benders that haven't been figured out yett. I'd say if polar will take Sakery coon huntin then everything will be aight y'all. :lol:

cnd01
Looks like ya got sum fender benders that haven't been figured out yett. I'd say if polar will take Sakery coon huntin then everything will be aight y'all. :lol:

BYOA

He wud have ta bring his own gosh dang amma! Money ain't growin on trees no moar!

Sorry :lol: I am from Alabama. "Chaw tobaker" means a chew of tobacco :lol: I guess I am a redneck :scared:

Back on topic, anyone against an all FF series?

*awkward pause*

Thanks for making the thread awkward, AGAIN, you two. Otherwise, I'm going to spend the next 30 minutes in ITCC D1 lounge. This will be testing for Season II. You're all welcome to join... One stipulation: No foreign "s'uthern" accents are allowed. We speak English. English is a survivable language. Not great, but, we have to use it. :indiff: We don't use American on GTP. That's not an internationally accepted language, NOR is it GTP AUP material. Stop it. I don't want to try to read your ridiculousness.

And, cnd is back to normal. : phew: Anyways, I'm really considering going in a Canadian Touring Car Championship direction with this, but, only one class, instead of two classes.

-I might add the 2010 Subaru WRX STi and the BMW 330i, as the only non-FF cars.

^ Other than that, you're going to be in FF. :lol:

Last edited:
MrMelancholy15
Thanks for making the thread awkward, AGAIN, you too. Otherwise, I'm going to spend the next 30 minutes in ITCC D1 lounge. This will be testing for Season II. You're all welcome to join... One stipulation: No foreign "s'uthern" accents are allowed. We speak English. English is a survivable language. Not great, but, we have to use it. :indiff: We don't use American on GTP. That's not an internationally accepted language, NOR is it GTP AUP material. Stop it. I don't want to try to read your ridiculousness.

German isn't welcome either.

I see your message in German got deleted too Mel.... :lol:

It does state in the AUP all messages will be posted in English hehe :sly:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back