W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would these cars from the Honda S2000 Family be ok?
They may need more restrictions if you allow them in due to front and rear downforce.

Honda S2000 LM Race Car #30/#33
Honda_S2000_LM_Race_Car.png

ZedMan1996's colour
(Also a car in Pink)
Other Teamate colour
0331.png

Other Teamate colour
More info on car: http://gt5cars.net/cars/334

2000 Spoon S2000 Race Car #95 '00
0851.png

More info on car: http://gt5cars.net/cars/853

2004 Opera Performance S2000 #08 '04
0783.png

More info on car: http://gt5cars.net/cars/784

2004 Amuse S2000 R1 '04
0034.png

More info on car: http://gt5cars.net/cars/33

^ No rear aero permitted in season 1, and season 2 specs are undetermined; they'll be loosely considered. I'm hoping to include mainly 4 door cars.

Season 1 Final Wrap-up

Best Average Finish: Unlike the points system, which rewards all drivers equally for
positions in the full season, and the three MURs, this Performance Award will be given
for the highest average finishing position in the normal 10 Round season, and will be
given to the driver who completes all 10 Rounds of the normal season, and maintains
the highest average finishing position.
Most Wins: This Performance Award will be given for the Highest Number of Wins in the
normal 10 Round season.
Most Poles: This Performance Award will be given for the Highest Number of Poles in
the normal 10 Round season.
Most Positions Gained in a Race: This Performance Award will be given for the Highest
Number of Positions Gained in a Race, and all passes must be made legally, and within
one race.
Biggest Margin of Victory: This Performance Award will be given for the Biggest Margin
of Victory. The Margin of Victory will be recorded in terms of time. (Minutes, seconds)

Best Average Finish: damuemogirl (1st - 11x, 2nd - 4x, 3rd - 6x)

Most Poles: cnd01 (Pole 3x)

Most Wins: damuemogirl (wins 10x)

Most Positions Gained in a Race: Johnnypenso (Deep Forest Raceway, Race 1, +9 positions after an incident)

Biggest Margin of Victory: GTP_LancerEvo7 (13.498 seconds at Nürburgring GP/D in race 2)

Sportsmanship Award: I need to receive votes from those who took part, stating whether they believe that cnd01, damuemogirl, Skengdigi, or Sakery deserve the Sportsmanship Award. Everyone I listed there is eligible, because of their politeness (sort of, damu,) the amount that they learned/improved (why damu's actually in this list,) and their honesty and enthusiasm.

Championship Awards:

Driver's Championship Final Standings:

1. damuemogirl
  2. cnd01
  3. MrMelancholy15
  4. Sakery
  5. Stormpacer17
  6. Polarbear345
  7. Freshseth83
  8. JoeTruckV8
  9. NizmoDR3
  10. GTP_LancerEvo7
  11. Jamie-Racing
  12. TDZdave
  13. T-n-T-2000
  14. Agentorunge
  15. norml804

Team Championship Final Standings:

1. LLama Racing LLR
  2. Team TMG Toyota
  3. Championship Honda
  4. MAFIA Motorsports
  5. Jormo Subaru
  6. Gran Turismo All Stars
  7. CrazyGuysRacing
  8. East Coast Motorsports
  9. Demolition Racing
  10. Sofa King Awesome Racing

Manufacturer's Championship Final Standings:

1. Mazda
  2. Honda
  3. Ford
  4. Toyota
  5. Subaru

This championship was swept by Mazda, and LLama Racing LLR. Congratulations to Stormpacer17 and damuemogirl, for being on the winning team, and in the winning manufacturer.

Another congratulations to damuemogirl for the championship.

And, a thank you to everyone who participated.

Congratulations to cnd01, for being the runner-up in the championship, and for never giving up!

Also, site moderators, Please DO NOT close this thread yet! We need to decide the Sportsmanship Award!

Is it bad that I showed up to about 3 races and still finished in the top ten in points?

Well, certainly, with the conduct at the beginning of the year, people left the series. Once we got into the meat of the season, it got somewhat better. However, Season II will be better, and people will not be forced to leave, and a higher points position will be harder.

The first season was plagued by a rough-start, which was entirely my fault, for choosing the first few tracks that I did. Madrid, Deep Forest... all of the first tracks were slight mistakes. I should've chosen wider tracks to start.

Season II will start at Motegi East. From there, we'll go to Suzuka East. We'll start the season with wider tracks, to allow for room to breathe. At Madrid, we had good, close racing, but, it was too close; too many racing incidents happened, and we had poor conduct from one member, who directly insulted you, and was penalized. <-- That will reflect Season II (conduct will be stricter)

Is it bad that I showed up to about 3 races and still finished in the top ten in points?

This can be taken 2 ways:

1. No, you kicked nuts when you came.

2. The people below you never showed up, and we had <10 people the majority of races (Post Deep Forest).

So, pick your response ;)

Edited because I screwed up... Whoops!

Last edited:
Less than two people post Deep Forest? :lol: there were eight people at the finale at Monaco, and there were like 10 people at Nürb GP/D.

MrMelancholy15
Less than two people post Deep Forest? :lol: there were eight people at the finale at Monaco, and there were like 10 people at Nürb GP/D.

I ment 10... Seems my edit didn't fix the most off part!

My bad.

Okay. I admit, CSR only had 5 people, and, towards the very end, but before Skeng, we only had about 7 people, but, once whiskey & Skeng came along... 👍 It wasn't that bad.

MrMelancholy15
Okay. I admit, CSR only had 5 people, and, towards the very end, but before Skeng, we only had about 7 people, but, once whiskey & Skeng came along... 👍 It wasn't that bad.

There were definitely some 2nd season worthy rounds towards the end!

Everyone has those "troller" guys, I had jakob, you had JZR.

Any word on a steward system? I'm thinking about the Rolex one and am curious about yours if this goes multi class.

Season II will follow the WMA Stewarding system.

Details, simplified, are:

• No one may publicly accuse another person. -Fully enforced, every time
  • Everyone reserves the right to call an investigation and appeal an investigation
  • The Incident in Question will be resolved with a closed group discussion
  • Following a number of Call for Investigations, the driver who was investigated, will be "verified" (meaning that "the behaviour and professionalism of a member will be verified, following our anti-bullying, anti-racism, anti-obscenity and anti-accusation rules set, found in the Driver's Handbook in Chapter 3" and that the driver could be warned, put under an "unannounced probation," and/or penalized to some degree, as determined by the stewards, Race Director, and Series Director.

I'm taking it seriously, especially in Season II. I can actually think of a few times when I considered giving a penalty, in Season I, but, instead, gave a polite warning. In Season II, the penalties will be more thorougly investigated (as I did for Nürburgring GP/D, lap 1, sprint race,) because a full understanding of every incident must be reached, and a full agreement must be reached.

After extended thought, I will place my vote for cnd01,just marginally over damu, as the 1st race at madrid where cnd and I battled it out for the first 5 laps, I think there was 3 times where we went into and through the final hairpin with nothing but a bee's appendage between us, also the multiple position changes we had through the rest of the track, but it would always end up with me being behind him at the final turn,
Which also carries on to DF where cnd and norm were battling for a lap or so then my pitstop put me just infront on the straight, we battled close once again, me on meds him on softs and norm hanging around made it interesting to the point where cnd nearly had me going down the back stretch and norm I guess got fed up with waiting so he bump drafted me instead of pushing cnd which give me enough of an advantage to hold that position to race end,

I really did enjoy my time in this series lol,

Is it for sure going to be 2 classes for season 2?

If people are horribly against FF, they can run FR cars that will be a good 3 seconds slower than the FF cars, and it will be called "Privateer."

However, I refuse to deny or accept the Privateer class, without basic support, one way or the other. I'd prefer no privateer class, but, I've seen some negative comments about the all FF drivetrain stuff, though it would allow for some bumps not to turn into huge crashes (FR cars might spin when bumped, and it's less likely in FF cars.)

After extended thought, I will place my vote for cnd01,just marginally over damu,

Thanks for the vote. Also, epic race description! :) I'm glad you enjoyed Season I. Once you get your internet, you're on for Season II.

I'm incredibly strongly against 2 classes for this. All FF would/is/will be a lot of fun (if you let me do season 2, I know things have been a bit... Odd... Between us as of late)

The main cause of chaos here were the car specs, and different types of car's advantages.

Maybe this season we can race at high speed ring in the rain and cape ring inside?

If we go all FF, High Speed Ring is in. It was great fun, but, the FRs couldn't get around without skidding/spinning.

Cape Ring Inside is already in, if not Cape Ring South.

If you continue in Season II, I just need to know that it won't be another polar vs. Sakery, please. 👍

MrMelancholy15
If we go all FF, High Speed Ring is in. It was great fun, but, the FRs couldn't get around without skidding/spinning.

Cape Ring Inside is already in, if not Cape Ring South.

If you continue in Season II, I just need to know that it won't be another polar vs. Sakery, please. 👍

To me, it never was. To him, it was.

So, I'm over it, have been since like a day or two after :)

I kinda really wanted cape ring inside in. Great fun. Also, I got my first and only pre season ITCC win there :)

After extended thought, I will place my vote for cnd01,just marginally over damu, as the 1st race at madrid where cnd and I battled it out for the first 5 laps, I think there was 3 times where we went into and through the final hairpin with nothing but a bee's appendage between us, also the multiple position changes we had through the rest of the track, but it would always end up with me being behind him at the final turn,
Which also carries on to DF where cnd and norm were battling for a lap or so then my pitstop put me just infront on the straight, we battled close once again, me on meds him on softs and norm hanging around made it interesting to the point where cnd nearly had me going down the back stretch and norm I guess got fed up with waiting so he bump drafted me instead of pushing cnd which give me enough of an advantage to hold that position to race end,

I really did enjoy my time in this series lol,

I appreciate that Dave :) I will place my vote toward JohnnyPenso for sportsman of the year. I can't think of a cleaner racer during the season.

Another thing: PLEASE stay with 1 class. I don't get why we need to split into 2 classes. Keep it 1 class, and make it 1 drivetrain.

I can sorta understand it; he feels that you were making yourself too hard to pass at CSR5. I didn't get any PMs from him, with a specific point, in the race, so I didn't investigate it, but, arguably, it started at CSR5, and carried through. But, in the end, he was able to pass you, so I don't think that you really caused too much grief. Then, once you two had your disagreement, something snapped between you two, and it became a pretty weird fight. I'm not going to comment, but, you both hurt each other, in the end.

edit: cnd, thanks for the input about 1 class/2 class. Johnny, however, wasn't as enthusiastic. He is a clean racer, very much so, and I can't fault him on it. However, he wasn't involved for long, and left rather soon in the season, while we were working the bugs out. So, yes, Johnny has my personal respect, but, not a Sportsman Award. :(

Mel, is it too late to keep this a 1 class series? I really would like to keep the 1 class format.

MrMelancholy15
I can sorta understand it; he feels that you were making yourself too hard to pass at CSR5. I didn't get any PMs from him, with a specific point, in the race, so I didn't investigate it, but, arguably, it started at CSR5, and carried through. But, in the end, he was able to pass you, so I don't think that you really caused too much grief. Then, once you two had your disagreement, something snapped between you two, and it became a pretty weird fight. I'm not going to comment, but, you both hurt each other, in the end.

He never told me anything at SSR5, so I didn't think I did anything wrong.

Rome- he pissed me off and I wasn't about to lose a fight that day. These past weeks I haven't pussed out of anything, and it's worked. I have all A's and one B. working well for me :)

edit: cnd, thanks for the input about 1 class/2 class. Johnny, however, wasn't as enthusiastic. He is a clean racer, very much so, and I can't fault him on it. However, he wasn't involved for long, and left rather soon in the season, while we were working the bugs out. So, yes, Johnny has my personal respect, but, not a Sportsman Award. :(

So what will be the structure? It will probably determine whether I participate next year or not.

If thing go season wise as season 1, ( where the winner was declared before the end of the season) why don't we do an endurance race on cape ring full?

Mel, is it too late to keep this a 1 class series? I really would like to keep the 1 class format.

If we can get enough support for an FF only series, it will be an FF only series.

However, don't think that it would be two "classes" as such. It would be like F1: everyone's competing for a win, against each other, but, there's Karthikeyan, in a miserably slow car, and there's Vettel, in a faster car. The faster cars will be four door, premium, FF cars, or premium FF hatchbacks, while the Marussia/HRT/Virgin cars will be FR, or 4WD cars. :)

He never told me anything at SSR5, so I didn't think I did anything wrong.

Rome- he pissed me off and I wasn't about to lose a fight that day. These past weeks I haven't pussed out of anything, and it's worked. I have all A's and one B. working well for me :)

:odd: I don't fully understand how causing Sakery to leave affects your school marks, but, hey :dunce: if it makes you happy....

cnd01
So what will be the structure? It will probably determine whether I participate next year or not.

It IS my determining factor.

I deal with two classes in both of my series.

When will season 2 start? You said soon on here, have you learned anything since 7th period today? Lol!

The remark is this; I used to let other people just kinda do their thing, and I'd go with it. Now, I have stopped doing it. Hence the mentality of "No, you can't force me into the wall, get back here you ..."

Studying- mom kept saying I was too stupid and I should give up. I started studying again and have done better.

Like I said, we are different.

It IS my determining factor.

I deal with two classes in both of my series.

When will season 2 start? You said soon on here, have you learned anything since 7th period today? Lol!

cnd, you're still running the GTMSA ITCC? If so, I'll postpone Season II, out of respect, because I do highly respect you and Lancer. If not, due to ^ this pressure, we'll start preseason.

However, in saying this, if a schedule clearly allows for it, I'll start preseason for WMA ITCC in the middle of GTMSA ITCC. :)

cnd, you're still running the GTMSA ITCC? If so, I'll postpone Season II, out of respect, because I do highly respect you and Lancer. If not, due to ^ this pressure, we'll start preseason.

However, in saying this, if a schedule clearly allows for it, I'll start preseason for WMA ITCC in the middle of GTMSA ITCC. :)

I'm pretty sure we are getting the last details hammered out atm, so we should have a thread up pretty soon.

cnd01
I'm pretty sure we are getting the last details hammered out atm, so we should have a thread up pretty soon.

Dude, you've been saying that for awhile now.

Mel, if I were you, I'd get this boat going, people are losing interest by the day. Get a car list, track list, and basic specs. Then, if needed, have another crazy long pre season, but don't call it that, call it something cooler... Like... A cool name and have it be a championship in itself. Kinda like NAEC, but all at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back