• One class

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Two classes

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds cool man. :) I have some Irish in me, too, so I can remember the time zone differences and such. (Well, that, and there're about 40 people on my friends' list from the U.K.) SO, I'll post times in EST (something the Americans use) and GMT-0 (what you use.)

Also, the Integra's a good car. The downforce actually slows FF cars down.

Thanks for the info man! You learn something new everyday! :D

By The Way, just to clarify that this Integra is the right one :)

INTEGRA TYPR R (DC5) '04.

And I am slightly confused about the schedule. Is the first race on Circuito de Madrid Reverse or is it on Nurgburgring 24hr?

This series is running alongside this series.

I am running different schedules. The first round of the sprint series (the linked series) is at Madrid reverse. The first round of the endurance series (this series) is at Nürburgring 24h.

I get sorta bored during the week. Certainly, I'm planning on getting outside more often during the summer, and not being bored, but I definitely miss racing from Sunday all the way 'til Thursday. And, I'm not alone. So, this series just fills that bleek, racing-less void. :)

Cool Thanks! Now can you just confirm that the Integra model I mentioned is good to race. And if it is, am I allowed install aero parts, I am pretty sure that aero parts increas downforce but in this case is it okay or?

Cool Thanks! Now can you just confirm that the Integra model I mentioned is good to race. And if it is, am I allowed install aero parts, I am pretty sure that aero parts increas downforce but in this case is it okay or?

You may install anything except a rear wing, and that model of Integra's great man. StormPacer17 ran one earlier, and it was very hard to beat. :) Granted, StormPacer17 and I do have a history of close racing, SO... :rolleyes: it doesn't matter which car we use, we always end up racing hard.

You may install anything except a rear wing, and that model of Integra's great man. StormPacer17 ran one earlier, and it was very hard to beat. :) Granted, StormPacer17 and I do have a history of close racing, SO... :rolleyes: it doesn't matter which car we use, we always end up racing hard.

Thanks Man! I know I am throwing questions at you hear but every time you answer one, another one pops into my head xD.

Q1: Do you think the aero parts installed on the front and rear bumpers will slow my car down/

Q2: What is the weight limit for this event?

Once those questions have been answered i am pretty sure I will be done xD

Thanks Man! I know I am throwing questions at you hear but every time you answer one, another one pops into my head xD.

Q1: Do you think the aero parts installed on the front and rear bumpers will slow my car down/

Q2: What is the weight limit for this event?

Once those questions have been answered i am pretty sure I will be done xD

Running front and rear bumpers will not even affect the performance. It only affects aesthetics. It's like changing rims. Adding a rear wing will negatively affect straight-line speed, by pushing the rear of the car (which does next to nothing in an Integra) harder into the ground. Therefore, running bumpers below the boot lid will not affect the airflow over the car, as spoilers will.

Run the Integra at 276 hp and 1150 kg.

Running front and rear bumpers will not even affect the performance. It only affects aesthetics. It's like changing rims. Adding a rear wing will negatively affect straight-line speed, by pushing the rear of the car (which does next to nothing in an Integra) harder into the ground. Therefore, running bumpers below the boot lid will not affect the airflow over the car, as spoilers will.

Run the Integra at 276 hp and 1150 kg.

Right thanks man! Running some test laps now! :P

Sounds cool. I know that these cars run between 9:35 and 10:00 lap times on the Nürburgring 24h track, depending on the time of day, tire life and weather conditions. In the rain, the lap times will be much worse; maybe about 12:00s or so.

Okay, I admit, this series *was* influenced by the VLN. I just have to admit that. I want to say that this *is* a VLN series, but, there aren't enough classes yet. Hmmm. I might add another class, though.

Up to you my friend! ;P. I feel happy in myself now cause I just ran a 9:35. However I know for a fact that people will get a better time as I did spin out once. What speeds are the cars expected to reach on the straight?

Up to you my friend! ;P. I feel happy in myself now cause I just ran a 9:35. However I know for a fact that people will get a better time as I did spin out once. What speeds are the cars expected to reach on the straight?

Haven't run on Nurburgring to be honest as that was always, too long for the other series. I reckon 140mph on Suzuka was the best I got, so maybe expect 165mph if going for the maximum.

Have you got Spa downloaded? Definitely easier to get a grip off what speed to expect on the long straights there

anirishnirvana
Haven't run on Nurburgring to be honest as that was always, too long for the other series. I reckon 140mph on Suzuka was the best I got, so maybe expect 165mph if going for the maximum.

Have you got Spa downloaded? Definitely easier to get a grip off what speed to expect on the long straights there

I hit 150 in the tesla...

But 165-170 was the top in the civic r. The tesla just did not work well, so I'd expect 170 in the draft.

We're hitting 280 km/h ish speeds in drafts.

Also, you spun, but still ran a 9:35 on the Nürburgring 24h circuit?

What happens when I don't wear my glasses :P

I was about to say "You're too *fast* for this series; I don't think you'll have too much fun here."

Fair enough though. :)

We will most likely be using racing softs or racing mediums. Apparently, though, most of the strategy calls will be "I wonder if it's going to rain" or not calls, about putting on wets/intermediates. At La Sarthe, mediums will be quite common, but at the 'Ring, mediums only last half a lap longer than softs, meaning that softs will forever remain as our only choice, unless someone wants to subject themselves to the misery of racing hards...

But, every track we're going to visit is a weather change track. It will be challenging to guess what the weather will do.

I was about to say "You're too *fast* for this series; I don't think you'll have too much fun here."

Fair enough though. :)

We will most likely be using racing softs or racing mediums. Apparently, though, most of the strategy calls will be "I wonder if it's going to rain" or not calls, about putting on wets/intermediates. At La Sarthe, mediums will be quite common, but at the 'Ring, mediums only last half a lap longer than softs, meaning that softs will forever remain as our only choice, unless someone wants to subject themselves to the misery of racing hards...

But, every track we're going to visit is a weather change track. It will be challenging to guess what the weather will do.

Sorry for sounding confused here, but are you guys getting more than 1 lap out of your softs? I mean I just did an online race there on 24hr and tried out my softs. lol They were almost gone as I finished my first lap. How many laps are you guys getting out of your racing softs?

Sorry for sounding confused here, but are you guys getting more than 1 lap out of your softs? I mean I just did an online race there on 24hr and tried out my softs. lol They were almost gone as I finished my first lap. How many laps are you guys getting out of your racing softs?

Well, during hot lapping we are barely getting two laps (an out lap, and an in lap.)

I managed to get 2.25 laps out of my Lancer Evo VII. I was taking the corners conservatively. The best idea I have, is to avoid skidding the tires under braking. Pretend you're running without ABS, (or, even simply run without ABS) and learn to slow the car down without skidding the tires under braking.

I only skid the tires under braking when trying to make a pass, when I go off of the racing line, and into the marbles (bits of rubber that come off the tires and clog up your new tires, reducing grip.) In open lobbies, people will brake as late as possible, but, it doesn't work in private series races. You simply destroy the tires too quickly, and unbalance the car.

Manrikitabako1

About 1... So in a 80 minute race... 8 pitstops... Oh well, it'll be fun! Especially at night!

About 1... So in a 80 minute race... 8 pitstops... Oh well, it'll be fun! Especially at night!

Well, if it rains at all, the track temperature seems to drop like 30 degrees; that's enough to make softs last for three or four laps. Also, during the night, time can be made up or lost, just purely based on the "comfort level." During the night time, you need to feel comfortable at all times. If you can still find your braking points, and apexes in the night, you'll be the fastest car on the track. Most drivers will lose a LOT of time, as they straddle the middle of the track, instead of using the full surface.

The pit stop endurance race. Better give the MAFIA Motorsports pit crew some Red Bull before this one. My tire budget will be through the roof as well.

But, the winnings from the Sprint series alone should cover that!

Also, get ready to change the name of this series.

But, the winnings from the Sprint series alone should cover that!

Also, get ready to change the name of this series.

Lets hope so. I have been very lucrative the last few weeks. The second car will most likely be an asset

We might not run a faster class. As you said, polar, it's a fun series with the specs we have. I'm looking at the specs for the VLN races. The "VLN Standard Production Car Classes" are very similar to this. We won't worry too much about the displacement, though.

In real life, the VLN "SPC" classes are specifically organized by displacement. We will simply overlook this, and run similar cars.

I'm looking through the official rules. It seems that the cars around 2000cc of displacement weigh 1100 kilograms, at minimum, as they already do in this series. So, specs will not be changed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back