Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Two classes

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
cnd01
yup and u won. Maybe one class drives the track forwards while the other drives backwards. It would be just like open lobby racing.

Hey, at least they don't spin... Oh wait...

So, this is no longer the ITCC Endurance Series. I have changed it. It's now the VLN series. :sly: It's an improvement.

Not a fan of these types of cars over longer periods of time really. Probably sit this out unless we run actual race cars

freshseth83
Not a fan of these types of cars over longer periods of time really. Probably sit this out unless we run actual race cars

If you vote for 2 classes, the second one would be racecars, if I recall correctly. (don't quote me on it)

I'm kinda with you for Suzuka and Monza. Monza, maybe, but I'm not feeling suzuka much. Something about le sarthe, spa and the nurburgring. They all have special things, high speeds and lots of history. Monza has those, but the new layout, and the shorter laps just drag it down for me.

If you vote for 2 classes, the second one would be racecars, if I recall correctly. (don't quote me on it)

I'm kinda with you for Suzuka and Monza. Monza, maybe, but I'm not feeling suzuka much. Something about le sarthe, spa and the nurburgring. They all have special things, high speeds and lots of history. Monza has those, but the new layout, and the shorter laps just drag it down for me.

Well, I might shorten the Suzuka/Monza races. I'm only going to tracks with weather change. Hopefully we can have some interesting weather change scenarios. That Rolex race at Le Mans was surprisingly fun. :D I, personally, hate Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe.

MrMelancholy15
Well, I might shorten the Suzuka/Monza races. I'm only going to tracks with weather change. Hopefully we can have some interesting weather change scenarios. That Rolex race at Le Mans was surprisingly fun. :D I, personally, hate Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe.

It's a cool track, in the right cars. These may not be the most ideal cars for the circuit, but it could bring a Daytona element of drafting into play. It'll he interesting to see how we will have to race the track and each other. I don't think too many of us have raced la sarthe in 276 hp cars...

It's a cool track, in the right cars. These may not be the most ideal cars for the circuit, but it could bring a Daytona element of drafting into play. It'll he interesting to see how we will have to race the track and each other. I don't think too many of us have raced la sarthe in 276 hp cars...

I hope we don't have to go to the bathroom during the race. It will be a bladder busting series for sure :lol:

I'd like to go for RM/TC (DLC) cars. With around 350-400hp. Like the CRZ TC, Integra RM, WRX TC, NSX RM, RX7 TC, R32 TC, TVR RM. 1000kg for the FF's, 1100kg for the 4WD/FR/MR's. 375-400hp for the FF's, 350-375hp for the 4WD/FR/MR's.

The FF's weigh less (1000kg) and have a slight power advantage (say 380hp). 4WD's have traction advantage but weigh more (1150kg+) and slightly less power (say 370hp). The RWD's are in between, weigh a bit less than the 4WD's but more than the FF's (1100kg) and have the lowest power (say 360hp).

sorry for double post, but I just had a thought. what if we ran this series with heavy damage? That way people would drive more cautiously and this would create more of an actual endurance race mentality.

sorry for double post, but I just had a thought. what if we ran this series with heavy damage? That way people would drive more cautiously and this would create more of an actual endurance race mentality.

That should be the idea. BTW, after sending out my PM to you guys, and mentioning your signature, Irish, I'm starting to notice how much it grows and grows and grows.

I wish to enter this championship with a:

-Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
or a ZZII if the second class goes ahead (and there's people in it)

I only really want to do the race at the Nurburgring tbh, but if I like it, I'll keep coming back :)

I've done some of my own testing at the track, and I've calculated a few things:

Medimum tyres last 2 laps in the operating window. You can go on and do a third, but hard would be a better strategy for 3 laps.

Hards last 3 laps in the operating window, and can survive 4 when fuel weight is low.

Softs last 1 lap. Only good for qualifying really. You can make 2 at 70% pace, but mediums would be better for this.

My lap times are:
Hard: 9:2(5-9) (Don't actually drop off too much, go down to 9:36 worn)
Medium: 9:18 (going down to 9:33 for worn)
Soft: 8:15 (Can't really get a lap with them worn, they just fall off the cliff)

A pit stop also costs 35 seconds of time, + 3 seconds for heating up the tyres, so 38 seconds total.

It's a close call between a two stopper on hards, on a three stopper on mediums.

I didn't do times on wets for 100% wetness (You'll get 10:2X), but wets and inters will last you 2 laps safely each.

Yasher, is that the 24h?

Also, welcome to the series! We'll be working with the rain/dry to try and create a new, diverse strategist's race. Rain tires can last a lot longer than dry tires. But, rain tires are slow on a dry track. Dry tires are slow on a wet track. But, pit stops can be risky, too. If you pit for a set of wets, and the rain stops too soon, you immediately have to pit twice. It seems like dry tire strategy won't be as important.

Yes. It is the 24h race track I'm referring to.

I could soften the suspension for all out pace, but it would make the tyres too difficult to look after (and I need to tighten the diff on braking as well which will slow me down for durability), but I think 2 stop or a 3 stop strategy are the only two options you have. If you go for a 5 stop with softs, you just won't make the time up.

But it isn't really worth switching to inters or rain in most cases if the race starts dry.

Eg. Best tyre per percentage of wetness:
0-30%=Slicks
30-65%=Inter
65%+=Rain

The FF cars (and 4wd too!) will have a HUGE advantage in the wet, but they'll just over heat their tyres in the dry (unless you do a load of left foot braking in the FF to steer the car with the rear). It'll be interesting to see what happens. The weather will be the deciding factor.

BTW, if anyone wants a tuned car but don't have one of their own, I have a 4wd golf and a FF Mini Cooper S if any of them tickle your fancy.

Well, July's a certain. Then it's weekdays, once Polar's back...

I might spec some new cars though.

So, July, weekday, ITCC time or slightly sooner...

If we do go 2 Classes, then the 'Liner R32 R/M looks oh so tempting ... :sly:
What can I say ... Its in my blood and my name ... :lol:

I don't think we have enough drivers for two classes. I might run with some LM Race cars or something. Maybe the GT5 Touring cars. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back