Warhawk • The Official Thread

Yea, I dont pay attention to the stats a whole lot for a few reasons. 1.) If I do, I will remind myself how bad I suck. 2.) Since I dont have an HDTV, I can barely even read the stats, like honestly, and it cuts off about half of the words on the left side of the screen.

2.) Since I dont have an HDTV, I can barely even read the stats, like honestly, and it cuts off about half of the words on the left side of the screen.
Yeah, I sometimes have problems with my 48". It woudl be nearkly impossible with a normal sized screen.

Oh, you can adjust the screen size in the options somewhere. Mine was like that and I fixed it. You just adjust it and it stretches/shrinks teh screen in the direction you want.

You may improve when you can actually see your opponents approaching a full second earlier.

I might see some of you online on Friday, I'm picking up a PS3 and I'll be buying this.

Yeah, I sometimes have problems with my 48". It woudl be nearkly impossible with a normal sized screen.

Oh, you can adjust the screen size in the options somewhere. Mine was like that and I fixed it. You just adjust it and it stretches/shrinks teh screen in the direction you want.

You may improve when you can actually see your opponents approaching a full second earlier.

ohh ok, I'll try that next time, thanks. And lol at that last part.

Congrats on the PS3 purcase, Dave A.

Why is it so damn hard to find Warhawk in a store? I finally decide to put the money down and it turns out to be a scavenger hunt. I went to two Gamestop stores, Best Buy, and a Circuit City before ending up at Target. Fortunately, all the employees who I asked knew what I was talking about, although I do have some concern about the Gamestop employee's knowledge of anything game related.

One more thought...

What a sorry state the video game industry is in right now. Two small boys oogling over Wii games and a father buying Pokemon Emerald for his nearly grown son (15 or 16 I presume). Seriously, what the ****? I fear the Human race will indeed lose the Y-chromosome.

:boggled:

Congrats on the PS3 purcase, Dave A.

Why is it so damn hard to find Warhawk in a store? I finally decide to put the money down and it turns out to be a scavenger hunt. I went to two Gamestop stores, Best Buy, and a Circuit City before ending up at Target. Fortunately, all the employees who I asked knew what I was talking about, although I do have some concern about the Gamestop employee's knowledge of anything game related.

One more thought...

What a sorry state the video game industry is in right now. Two small boys oogling over Wii games and a father buying Pokemon Emerald for his nearly grown son (15 or 16 I presume). Seriously, what the ****? I fear the Human race will indeed lose the Y-chromosome.

:boggled:

Haha, reminds me of the day I bought my PS3. Some guy in his mid twenties walks into the store and asks for the latest pokemon game for the Nintendo DS...As I was walking out for the PS3 I see him walking down the road with his DS in hand playing the pokemon game he had just bought....

I guess we would call these people "casual gamers" now. More like half-gamers or even simply... dorks.

Why am I always on the losing team? The matches are not even close. First place on the losing team is not fun. :indiff:

I guess we would call these people "casual gamers" now. More like half-gamers or even simply... dorks.

I like Pokemon. I am not amused.

Why am I always on the losing team? The matches are not even close. First place on the losing team is not fun. :indiff:

You can always switch teams – just hit start and select "Change Team" or something, as long as there's an empty space on the opposition (which is hit or miss).

well they are acknowledging the problems on the welcome page, the stats seem to be working now but the games are full again!!

Well I've gotten into the game today. Got into a grove and found a liking to the tank. Went from a recruit to sergeant major in a few hours today!!

But did you get the required number of points for that rank? *snickers*

If ya didn't, don't worry I got that too. It possibly ranks you based on performance as well I think. Or it could be a glitch, LOL.

Heh, I was just about to reply they seemed to have sorted many of the issues out with the game, but just this moment I got ranked up to Wing Leader without any reason. ^_^

My stats are fixed though...

I'm now a Wind Leader and I have had some of the most intense battles imaginable. CTF is by far my favorite mode and I have a preference for the island base or Eucadia

Finally got my copy (with headset) yesterday, but due to four hours travelling and the rally supercar day today I only got a chance to give Warhawk a go tonight for an hour or so.

Got booted out of my first match when the host left, but then got a 30 minute match that was superb fun, must say this looks like it could take a far bit of my time. Looks like the PS3 is starting to get on a roll, as between this, GRAW 2 and DiRT I don't have enough time to keep up.

One question I do have to ask, am I missing something but how do you tell the difference between a ranked and unranked match?

Scaff

Is Warhawk a completely online game? I'm thinking of downloading it, perhaps on Monday since I'll be out watching Man U v Chelsea tomorrow with friends. I'll have to read some reviews on it I first, but I've finally got my PS3 online.

Is Warhawk a completely online game? I'm thinking of downloading it, perhaps on Monday since I'll be out watching Man U v Chelsea tomorrow with friends. I'll have to read some reviews on it I first, but I've finally got my PS3 online.

You can play split screen or LAN matches on it as well, but it is strictly speaking a multi-player game only and lets be honest split screen and LAN are not really commonly used options, so yes its pretty much just on-line.

Don't let that put you off, its great fun and the following is one review that I feel is a fair assessment of it.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...articleId=20070905112217877094&sectionId=1000

Regards

Scaff

Finally got my copy (with headset) yesterday, but due to four hours travelling and the rally supercar day today I only got a chance to give Warhawk a go tonight for an hour or so.

Got booted out of my first match when the host left, but then got a 30 minute match that was superb fun, must say this looks like it could take a far bit of my time. Looks like the PS3 is starting to get on a roll, as between this, GRAW 2 and DiRT I don't have enough time to keep up.

One question I do have to ask, am I missing something but how do you tell the difference between a ranked and unranked match?

Scaff

Yes, the ranked servers are marked with a trophy on the left, unranked servers have a red X through the trophy. I'd recommend playing the Sony ranked servers though (the blue ones), they're much more reliable. Often takes 10-20 minutes to find a spot in one of them, though. But you can play for hours on them.

Yes, the ranked servers are marked with a trophy on the left, unranked servers have a red X through the trophy. I'd recommend playing the Sony ranked servers though (the blue ones), they're much more reliable. Often takes 10-20 minutes to find a spot in one of them, though. But you can play for hours on them.

Thanks for that, exactly what I needed. I suffer from the same problem as Dead_Poetic, currently still with an SDTV, a nice Sony Wega but with Warhawk some of the text is difficult to make out.

Time to get some time on the ranked matches and up those points.

👍

Scaff

Good to see you bought the game, Scaff. I saw you were playing it late last night. ;)

It sucks though SDTV users are disadvantaged like that.

After they put many more dedicated ranked servers up the other day, getting into a match is hardly an issue anymore.

You can play split screen or LAN matches on it as well, but it is strictly speaking a multi-player game only and lets be honest split screen and LAN are not really commonly used options, so yes its pretty much just on-line.

Don't let that put you off, its great fun and the following is one review that I feel is a fair assessment of it.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...articleId=20070905112217877094&sectionId=1000

Regards

Scaff
Thanks for the info, and link 👍.

Thanks for that, exactly what I needed. I suffer from the same problem as Dead_Poetic, currently still with an SDTV, a nice Sony Wega but with Warhawk some of the text is difficult to make out.

Time to get some time on the ranked matches and up those points.

👍

Scaff

Isnt it annoying? But its cool because event though i cant see the trophies on the left, i can just enter the blue matches. Even though it could take a few tries to get into one, you can stay in as long as you want.

Isnt it annoying? But its cool because event though i cant see the trophies on the left, i can just enter the blue matches. Even though it could take a few tries to get into one, you can stay in as long as you want.

Its a bit of a pain, fortunately my SDTV is at least a descent one (Sony Wega) so I can make them out now I know what to look for.

Its not however the only game I've come across that has this, DiRT is very similar on some of the screen, the text can be hard to read. Oh well time to start saving I guess.

Scaff

Yea, on Oblivion, its almost impossible to make out the text. But maybe pretty soon, i will buy a cheap 720p tv for my room. I figure a decent 32/26 in hdtv is better than a 15 in. sdtv vcr combo.

OK had a bit more of a play on Warhawk last night, I went looking for plain old Deathmatches and only found two Sony servers so I went for a team deathmatch (which I believe Pako was also in) and it was blinding fun, that along with a couple of capture the flag matches and for the first time I actually managed to get my kills above my deaths (by 13 to 12 I must admit).

I was a little dubious about Warhawk when I had it on order and it was mainly the lowish price of the game/headset bundle that attracted me, but the more I play it the more fun it is.

👍

Scaff

I downloaded this earlier today, I'm not that good at it I must say. I think I mus thave died about 11 times and got 1 kill out of it.

I downloaded this earlier today, I'm not that good at it I must say. I think I mus thave died about 11 times and got 1 kill out of it.
Practice makes perfect, that's for sure. Once you get to know the maps, where people tend to hide and accumilate etc, you'll definitely start to get better.

Me and Jeff13B had several good games last night. We both helped each other out when needed in tight spots - some of them seemed impossible! Once I was on top of a building with an anti-aircraft gun firing at me taking cover behind the inactive anti-aircraft gun, and Jeff out of no where came along and blew it up, saving my ass!

Back