Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
It's been 43 minutes and no 'leaks' yet

View attachment 1307255
Everyone had strong bladders....

Anyway, using "odd cars" that don't have a practical use in races like the Fiat 500F seems like a good idea to me. There are quite a few cars incapable of competing in available races. I'll probably get poo'd for this, but I'm hoping we might get some one make races for low PP VGTs like the Mini and Daihatsu as they're not competitive in the VGT races. Plenty of potential if PD programmer can be bothered to think.

I would think an obvious thing to do would be to sort races by global use, and cars the same, to identify cars and world events that are least utilised. Basically, everything with 5k reward money :lol:

Finally, for this week I used:
Plymouth Ghia for first event
SLR McLaren for second
The GT Movie Nismo for the third
Porsche one-make
F Type GR3 for the last race.

Rewards popped up ok for me 👍

Anyway, using "odd cars" that don't have a practical use in races like the Fiat 500F seems like a good idea to me. There are quite a few cars incapable of competing in available races. I'll probably get poo'd for this, but I'm hoping we might get some one make races for low PP VGTs like the Mini and Daihatsu as they're not competitive in the VGT races. Plenty of potential if PD programmer can be bothered to think.

I would think an obvious thing to do would be to sort races by global use, and cars the same, to identify cars and world events that are least utilised. Basically, everything with 5k reward money :lol:
The car that immediately comes to mind here as a good choice is the ID.R, which might not have a single in-game use at present. You can't use it in high PP races because they all have fuel usage turned on and its battery dies so quickly it can't compete, you can't use it in low PP races because it has way too much PP, and you effectively can't use it in custom races because it's electric so it's restricted to one-makes.

Shouldn't have sold my Fiat...
Especially since it is not currently available. The good news is it is roughly 8th-to-13th in line in the UCD pseudo-rotation (6 cars, including the 500 F last showed up on 10/30, with the 500 F the first of those to sell out), so it should be available before this particular Weekly Challenge runs out. The bad is, unlike the Hagerty's rotation, it is only a pseudo-rotation with some randomness, so I can neither guarantee it will be available before this particular Weekly Challenge runs out nor make an easy estimate on when it will be available. The ugly news is that, unless PD turns the RNG for time available back on, it will be available for only 5 days.

Last edited:
Sold it? I left mine at the curb with the keys in it, full tank of gas and the windows open. No one even wanted it for free.😀
Hey, I found it in front of my house, come get it...
Screenshot_20231130-000310_Gallery.jpg

I think it's out of gas...

I don't have time to race yet, but i prepared the Fiat with 99,99PP, the Mazda3 with 550PP, a BMW M2 with 600PP, a Corvette C6 Z1 with 700PP and bought the Mitsubishi Gr.3 as i never drove it before.

Curious what the 5 star ticket may bring.

Edit: Mazda3 on Sports Medium/Soft tires is maybe a bit too slow for Tokyo.

Last edited:
Either I suck at driving in heavy traffic or the A.I. in the 800PP of this week are just manic. The Corvette Gr.3 just wanton shunted me when I passed it and then the previous car sent me flying in the wall. Oh well, good thing I was only at Lap 2. Went back in with RM tires and some Nitrous and fuel map 5, flew past by and then I was time trialing for 7 1/2 laps.

I often get the feeling the A.I. gets more rude when the player vehicle is closer to their P.P.! ...Of course, it could just be me who sucks.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to manipulate the system clock to reset the weekly challenges.
Your progress is tracked and likely saved on server, so I doubt it’s possible to reset your rewards. I’m gonna try all the same.

Next week as the new challenges update, I’ll set my clock back and see if I can still access the old ones.
If so I’ll replay them and see if I can get the rewards again.

It would be pretty fun to ping pong the weekly’s if it works, it might turn out to be the new fastest money method 😂

I’m wondering if it’s possible to manipulate the system clock to reset the weekly challenges.
Your progress is tracked and likely saved on server, so I doubt it’s possible to reset your rewards. I’m gonna try all the same.

Next week as the new challenges update, I’ll set my clock back and see if I can still access the old ones.
If so I’ll replay them and see if I can get the rewards again.

It would be pretty fun to ping pong the weekly’s if it works, it might turn out to be the new fastest money method 😂
It might as well be the fastest method to make the Weekly Challenges disappear again. :sly:

My experience is that it utterly screws it up.

It does untick them all, but you won't be able to retick any of them.

This was my line up today. I didn't have much time to rerun the races I didn't win, but I got P1 in the European Clubman Cup and WTC 800.

18c2139117c31-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I was a little surprised how easily I won with the RSR. It's entirely stock, Race Soft tires with FM-1 and pit at the end of Lap 5 for tires and fuel.

I tried the Lamborghini Muira at Alsace first, before switching to the Jaaaaag, huge mistake. The Lambo is unbalanced so easily on that track.

The 5-Star ticket granted me an engine part for an Audi TT! 💩

Ok, here's the cars I used :

85PP 500 F '68 ( fully stock )
550PP Alphard '18
550PP Polo GTI '14
650PP Raptor '11
800PP Epson NSX '08

What's been impressing me the most was racing a luxury family van. :D

Edit ( after reading some 500 F comments ) :
Racing such quirky, slow, low powered cars, where the slightest mistake enforces the most brutal speed loss, is big big fun to me, really ! :P

Last edited:
I really hope the 5* isn't just parts for everyone. I'd rather a 2k 1* than any part this game has to offer.
Unlikely, but I hope others have better luck. I'm not positive, but I think the minimum credit reward for a 5-Star is 100k credits?

With the last two weeks with a 500k credit ticket for all 5 events, I'd like to see a minimum 6-Star ticket for all 5. It isn't like even those are guaranteed to get good prizes. The 6-Star I got for finishing the X2019 Menu gifted me a DeLorean, worth 500k at Brand Central, but only sold for about 225k. Which is pretty 💩 too.

Latest Posts

Back