Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,950 comments
View attachment 1308283

If so, I'm looking forward to seeing how efficiently it can be managed. Say, race the longest two races for your second and fourth weekly race so you repeat the shorter three for the ticket paying races.
A couple things based on what we know from @Thorson1987:
  • We don't know if this is just for the 5-race bonus.
  • At best, it will work for 3 sets of tickets, and that is assuming it works for an improved 3rd-to-2nd finish. It doesn't repeat if one finishes 1st in the ticket-triggering race.
  • The odds of this being patched by next Thursday is rather high...unless the mystery VGT for tomorrow's GTWS watch bonus was already fully put into the code.

A couple things based on what we know from @Thorson1987:
  • We don't know if this is just for the 5-race bonus.
  • At best, it will work for 3 sets of tickets, and that is assuming it works for an improved 3rd-to-2nd finish. It doesn't repeat if one finishes 1st in the ticket-triggering race.
  • The odds of this being patched by next Thursday is rather high...unless the mystery VGT for tomorrow's GTWS watch bonus was already fully put into the code.
All very true, just having some fun with it.

And, thanks to little Abarth, I've got all I need.

Weekly challenge finished today, my haul - race 1 - Cr 100,000, race 3 - Cr 200,000, race 5 - 5-star ticket, which gave a Gr.3 BRZ. Not bad!

Do you not get the gifts until the end of the week?

Weekly challenge finished today, my haul - race 1 - Cr 100,000, race 3 - Cr 200,000, race 5 - 5-star ticket, which gave a Gr.3 BRZ. Not bad!
Well at least some people are getting the reward tickets. I finished all 5 today as well. Race 1: 0 credits. Race 3: 0 credits. Race 5, 0 credits. All first place. In week one I received the first two tickets ... nothing after that. I kinda feel ripped off! It also says I received them all at the bottom. No tickets in the garage. Nothing in the mail either. 😁

Last edited:
Well at least some people are getting the reward tickets. I finished all 5 today as well. Race 1: 0 credits. Race 3: 0 credits. Race 5, 0 credits. All first place. In week one I received the first two tickets ... nothing after that. I kinda feel ripped off! It also says I received them all at the bottom. No tickets in the garage. Nothing in the mail either. 😁
Looks like you're not the only one..... this takes from an answer in the thread...... "Turns out you have to have at least start up the new 900 menu book to have access to the race if you haven't done it yet like myself." Could that be the reason?

Here are my cars for this weeks challenge:

IMG_1060.jpg

Hardest race for me was the one with the Fiat...at first I tried it with the stock version but had no chance. After 4 hopeless races at breakneck speed(best was a 4th place), I gave up and tuned it to the allowed 99PP and finished second...especially the last turn was killing me...I literally lost whole seconds there in any race, in one race I entered second in that turn and finished the race on place 6th...

Used the R5 Turbo for the Euro Clubman race at Alsace(with SS tyres), the engine swapped DeLorean for Daytona(also with SS tyres), an engine swapped Beat at Tokyo(SS tyres) and the F40(original engine,RMs, 5 laps on FM6, so one stop strategy)...did win all those races, the F40 needed a second attempt

The 5 star Ticket gave me a tuning part for a Renault Megane I don't have in my garage...

Looks like you're not the only one..... this takes from an answer in the thread...... "Turns out you have to have at least start up the new 900 menu book to have access to the race if you haven't done it yet like myself." Could that be the reason?

I did see all the posts on Reddit - was hoping someone here knew the answer. Must just be a bug and I’m lucky enough to be affected. I’ve completed all menus including the new ones, have all the licenses, and have won every race available. I’m a daily racer for about a year now.

Hardest race for me was the one with the Fiat...at first I tried it with the stock version but had no chance.
After this, and earlier posts saying something similar, I entered this event with some trepidation.

One try - used a stock Fiat 500, and was in the lead by the end of the first lap - the cars behind started to close, but didn't catch me before the uphill section on the second lap. I finished 7 seconds ahead of P2.

The key seems to be getting a good slipstream from the start, and then a good run up the hill on the first lap - the AI seem to really slow down up there, but are then unbelievably fast down the hill! And yes, the final turn is a bit tricky, and can lose you a lot of time.

After this, and earlier posts saying something similar, I entered this event with some trepidation.

One try - used a stock Fiat 500, and was in the lead by the end of the first lap - the cars behind started to close, but didn't catch me before the uphill section on the second lap. I finished 7 seconds ahead of P2.

The key seems to be getting a good slipstream from the start, and then a good run up the hill on the first lap - the AI seem to really slow down up there, but are then unbelievably fast down the hill! And yes, the final turn is a bit tricky, and can lose you a lot of time.
There was one race I didn't even bother to finish then, where I did brake a little to make the car shift down before the hill(I usually play with automatic transmission) because i was thinking that is a good idea...and I didn't even make it over the hill-the car started to roll backwards before I reached the top... :lol:

Last edited:
There was one race I didn't even bother to finish then, where I did brake a little to make the car shift down before the hill(I usually play with automatic transmission) because i was thinking that is a good idea...and I didn't even make it over the hill-the car started to roll backwards before I reached the top... :lol:
Ah yes, you have to enter, and go up the hill as fast as you can - braking is a no no! I used auto too, and it will take the hill easily without a gear change 🙂

Man, this just gave me a hell of an itch for a roguelite racing game. Grab upgrades as you go, random rewards for winning races, AI get more difficult as you go through 'levels'... oh man.
Agreed. Isn't this what the actual game play should be in career mode? Basically GT1 (amazing).

Regardless, I'm a big fan of the Weekly Challenge as I have been shifting from multi-player Sport to single player Custom races. If I could offer only one suggestion, increase the rewards for 1st place. 3rd place is a joke. Offer tiers for completion based on finishes.

Am I crazy or does the game limit us with only Racing Wet for the WTC800 in the weekly challenge?

Edit : ah nevermind.

Last edited:
Wow, 100k from the ticket! Thank you PD, that's exactly how to motivate players to do those challenges in the future.
It would be nice if there was some consistency with the prize rewards from these challenges. Get rid of parts tickets. The first or second reward you earn should be at least a 5 star and the final reward should be at least a 6 star.

This just based off of the credit tickets we've gotten in previous weeks. Usually 100k for 1 event and 500k for all 5.

It would be nice if there was some consistency with the prize rewards from these challenges. Get rid of parts tickets. The first or second reward you earn should be at least a 5 star and the final reward should be at least a 6 star.

This just based off of the credit tickets we've gotten in previous weeks. Usually 100k for 1 event and 500k for all 5.
As long it is not a 6-star car ticket, I want fixed credits as rewards(100 000, 250 000 and 500 000) like the week before, where I know what i get and where I can choose what to do with those credits rather than some random rouette tickets

As long it is not a 6-star car ticket, I want fixed credits as rewards(100 000, 250 000 and 500 000) like the week before, where I know what i get and where I can choose what to do with those credits rather than some random rouette tickets
This!

Those tickets are just to unreliable and I have no idea why players should feel pissed after doing those challenges.

Those tickets are just to unreliable and I have no idea why players should feel pissed after doing those challenges.
We already feel pissed approximatively everyday with the DM tickets, not sure why it would be different for WC tickets.

That Fiat challenge sure a pain to do. I'm not managed to beat this at all. Best I could do was P2 and that was once.

That Fiat challenge sure a pain to do. I'm not managed to beat this at all. Best I could do was P2 and that was once.
Fiat stock, full throttle 3/4 of the race, decelerate a bit before last turn, you will lose a few seconds but you will win if you block them before the end. I don't know if I was really lucky but I won the event on my second try... I mean I'm a decent player but definitly not a pro. I hope you'll win as well

Just keep on trying. It took me about 5 or so tries. Get that momentum up the hill without hitting anyone and don't brake. That last turn is the tough one.

If you don't already have a Fiat 500 F that you can get back under 100 PP and didn't yet do that one-make race, you're screwed because it sold out of the UCD right on schedule.
Fortunately, P2 (and P3) is good enough to get you the checkmark. Given the best you can get for a win...with the CRB...is 4,750 Cr., I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Last edited:
I upgraded the Fiat with the racing muffler and used CH tires on front and CM on back. Made it too easy!

Back