Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,950 comments
Enjoyed the races this week...

• Euro race at Sardegna - used my 458-swapped Alfa 4C, which wiped the floor clean by over 40s. Maybe overkill!
  • Turbo Sportscars at Road Atlanta - used my '99 WRX, max tuned, then down-tuned to just shy of 700PP. Again, easy win.
  • Rally at Alsace - I down-tuned my Atenza Gr.4 race car to just shy of 600PP for a bit more of a challenge. Only just snuck in to the lead on the last lap and won by over 1s.
  • VGT at Tokyo - Decided to bring the Alpine out of the depths of the garage, tuned up to max out the PP on RM tyres, and destroyed by miles.
  • Gr.1 at Suzuka - I used the RBX2019, and won by over 1min, despite pitting on lap 7 for fuel/tyres as a big patch of rain was coming, only to run the last three laps on IM tyres with zero rain...

Then I wondered why I had found these so easy. Off to the race difficulty settings, and noticed they were set to EASY! Doh! Decided to have a few easy races after a few drinks on the weekend and forgot to change it back...
Decided I'm going to re-run all of these, on Hard difficulty level, with only McLaren cars for this round.

Euro Sunday Cup 400 - McLaren MP4-12C
Turbo Sportscars - McLaren 650S
World Rally Challenge - McLaren 650S Gr.4
VGT Cup - McLaren VGT
Gr.1 Prototypes - McLaren VGT (Gr.1)

It'll cost a bit (don't own either of the VGT's yet...) but it'll be fun to work with one brand and use some of the cars I rarely use. Will report back with my results when I've had a proper go at it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I won a Mazda Atenza (sold for pittance) with the 4-star from the distance roulette and a Lexus LF-LC VGT from the 6-star car roulette from my previous run of these events.

EDIT: Update: Completed the first three events. Easy wins on all three, except the last one was only a narrow win margin (1.6s) in the 650S Gr.3 thanks to some poor driving by me on the second lap!

20829170987114360.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, can I ask for a suggestion?

I have this Ferrari VGT since it was gifted back in Dec/22 I believe, and that's the only VGT car I have and use whenever "it's necessary".

I'd like to change that, what other VGTs would be nice to have? I mean, as useful as the Ferrari because the Ferrari VGT can enter in road cars events.

Last edited:

I have this Ferrari VGT since it was gifted back in Dec/22 I believe, and that's the only VGT car I have and use whenever "it's necessary".

I'd like to change that, what other VGTs would be nice to have? I mean, as useful as the Ferrari because the Ferrari VGT can enter in road cars events.
I find the Lexus LF LC VGT really strong at 800PP, the BMW VGT at 700PP and Honda VGT at 600PP also make great road cars for a lot of the races. Also the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT.

Last edited:
Regarding the ticket bug....

I have and use 3 accounts on my PS5 and have completed the weekly challenges on all three since they started.
My main and alt have always received the prizes. My alt-alt did not get the tickets 2 challenges ago but did get them last week. I have not tried the alt and alt-alt on these new ones yet but received the first 2 prizes after doing 4 of the races last night on my main.

I have not time travelled or changed any setting on the PS5 since taking it out of the box and setting it up on release day.

The glitch seems to happen without rhyme or reason outside of the verified time travelling.

Even if I don't get the prizes, I would still complete them anyway because any credits are better than no credits.

Regarding the ticket bug....

I have and use 3 accounts on my PS5 and have completed the weekly challenges on all three since they started.
My main and alt have always received the prizes. My alt-alt did not get the tickets 2 challenges ago but did get them last week. I have not tried the alt and alt-alt on these new ones yet but received the first 2 prizes after doing 4 of the races last night on my main.

I have not time travelled or changed any setting on the PS5 since taking it out of the box and setting it up on release day.

The glitch seems to happen without rhyme or reason outside of the verified time travelling.

Even if I don't get the prizes, I would still complete them anyway because any credits are better than no credits.
Yeah, It’s strange. I think I know why I can’t do Sport races and I believe that is because of my T-mobile internet service. I’ve seen that similarity between myself and others who are still having sport race issues, however my internet service has never been a problem for receiving the tickets but last night I didn’t get my ticket.

Considering I have one account that has basically completed the entire game and has nearly 100M credits, I likely will not continue playing that account if the ticket glitch keeps happening. My second account is almost at collector level 50, so I’m still playing that one. Hopefully the ticket glitch doesn’t affect this account. If it does, then I’ll just play normal races until I get to level 50. After that I really have no incentive to keep playing this game.

Last edited:

The Tomahawk and the Mazda LM55 are excellent, too.

I kinda like the Hyundai. Not to be confused with the Genesis, but this one:

020671b0475ec84dbd919425e898a3c2_photo.webp

Had some time this morning to do a couple of races and take a shot at the new TT with the 190 EVO at Dragon Trail (gold in few laps... I love loose old cars!).

Renault R5 Turbo - Sardegna

First race was the Sunday Cup, as usual, and the R5 Turbo was the rig of choice for this one. All stock on CM tires it's such a fun little car to drive. It uses its mid-ship layout for good, allowing as much turn in as you want without murderously trying to swap ends on you at any moment like some other small mid/rear-engined cars in game (looking at you MR2). Plus... just look at it! It's a cute little bulldog with just enough power to have a real good time.

Civic RCR (Import Tuner livery) - Road Atlanta

Another awesome race here with the RCR Civic... which is another awesome car. Super powerful, but it gives you all the tools you need to wrangle it. No TCS means a LOT of partial throttle to avoid lighting the fronts up at pretty much any low-speed moment, but if you keep traction managed it is a nicely balanced and aggressive handling car.

This one is a double-feature as I came in 2nd the first time around and went for another shot... getting 2nd again. Haha. The game decided to put a modified MC20 in this field which just had too much power to run down at RA in 5 laps. I think another lap would have done it, but that's not the way the cookie crumbled this time. The Civic is only 608PP on SS tires, so I went back with a 699PP GTR and lazily hosed them all, but it was much more fun trying to run everyone down in this frantic civic.

I put a lot of time into this livery, playing fully into the nostalgia of the early days of high-end import builds. As a kid my room was filled with issues of Super Street, Import Tuner and Max Power magazines, and this car reflects that awesome time in car culture. This Civic would be just as at home at a car show as it is turning brutal laps at a circuit. I love it, and hopefully it pulls on some of those strings for some of you too..

Peugeot 205 Evolution - Alsace

Last up for today is the GRB race at Alcase. Another awesome race. I don't think I've ever driven the Peugeot on tarmac before, but it does not disappoint. I did have some trouble with it snap-oversteering on the brakes a few times which prompted a couple re-starts as I got used to the car, but its a weapon when you do, and can be pitched into a corner at your angle of choice, then powered out spinning all fours in wonderful four-wheel drifts on command. I has it at a 30:70 split, and I can't remember if that's the way it comes, but it works for me. I'm ultimately slower because I indulge in sliding too much, but it's waaay more fun this way!

As JDMKING said, the fireworks are crazy in VR, and really caught me off guard when it got dark on lap 3. With the brightness exploding in the sky and the lights of the car behind me filling up the cabin, the immersion was out of this world! I'll be using this Peugeot much more now that I know it's so fun on the hard stuff, and probably more so with some less sticky rubber on it.

Monday is Presidents day, which will allow for a little more GT7 time, so the VGT race and GR1 race will have to wait 'til then.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Race 1 - BMW 3.0 CSL '71 - what a bad car to drive, finished second from second attempt

18db5f35a1f82-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Mercedes AMG C 63 S '15 - stock, only bought SS tires, AI drove faster cars and I finished 3rd

18db5f3837479-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - 86 Gr. B Rally Car - put RM and finished 2nd, again needed two attempts.

18db5f39d7f69-screenshotUrl.jpg

18db5f3b31d53-screenshotUrl.jpg

Got both reward tickets.

These bad results are provoked by frustration with Bathurst TT, where I just can't put together gold lap...

That Alsace race with the change to night and those fireworks, just wonderful. If nothing else, these weekly challenges are making me do events that I otherwise wouldn't, some of them are a really pleasant surprise. Sadly only a Tomahawk for my 6* prize, which I already have and only sold for 200k or so.

I don't have much interest in the VGTs to be honest, but I do like the Toyota FT-1 VGT, its a bit snappy on throttle but feels like a race car instead of some sort of design experiment

Last edited:
Having trouble with race 5....! Tried quite a few times and haven't finished the race yet. Twice I got penalties..... I admit to getting 3 seconds for overtaking a car that had almost stopped on a yellow flag, but got another 3 for going past the car that had spun and was facing the wrong way! So they were DNF! The other was coming out of the pit lane and not sure what I did to get penalised.

Doing best in the Mazda LM55 Vision GT Gr.1, will do over 7 laps on FM 1. And it's fast. Last attempt pitted end lap 7 in 4th, came out 9th, got 3 second penalty so quit! Sulk. 🤣 :cheers:

Almost a clean sweep:
  • European Sunday Cup - Renault Clio V6 24V 🔰
  • Turbo Sports - Ford GT '17 🔰
  • World Rally Challenge - Mini Clubman VGT 🔰
  • Vision Gran Turismo Trophy - Audi E-tron VGT 🔰
  • Gr.1 Prototype Challenge - Nissan R92CP

My spoils:
  • 10k from 4-Star Daily
  • Alpine VGT

Decent week. I split it up over two days. Kept car choice European. C63S better than I remember. No wonder it was in my Favorites garage.
  • European Sunday Cup - AMG C63S Coupe 2015
  • Turbo Sports - AMG C63S Coupe 2015
  • World Rally Challenge - AMG C63S Coupe 2015
  • Vision Gran Turismo Trophy - Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
  • Gr.1 Prototype Challenge - Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016

My spoils:
  • 1M from 6-Star Daily, 10K from 4-Star Daily plus regular rewards.
  • GT-R Xanavi Nismo GT-R 2008

I did the Suzuka race with the SF23 detuned to 950.00 exactly. Carries much more corner speed obviously and I under cut the rain by 1 lap when the rest of the AI (save 1 car) stayed out as the rain started and they ended up spinning out all across the track lol.

Finished the rest of the races today:

-Bought a Mazda for the Vision GT, easy win
-Peugeot Turbo 16 Evolution 2 for the Rally... tried this one multiple times, could only manage 3rd
-For Turbo Sports I took out my Datsun 240Z only appropriate for going in a straight line. Lost control on the last corner and took 3rd.
-For the Sunday race - Ferrari FXX K. Don't judge me, those other races were a pain!

Actually received all the tickets this week. My car ticket got me.... the LFA! Again... One of my favorite cars, but I sold it immedietely to recoup the cost of the VGT.

Last edited:
Race 4 - Peugeot VGT - came easily to second place, then was big fight for win. In the end, I won by 0.273

18dbba311f419-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Race 5 - F1500T-A - started on RS, at lap4 started to raining, just when I needed fuel. Changed to IM, put fuel to lean and came to first place. At the very end, I run off the track and finished 2nd :(

18dbba33d1d63-screenshotUrl.jpg

Got the car ticket and Lexus LFA from it, sold it for 910k since I already bought it.

I did the Suzuka race with the SF23 detuned to 950.00 exactly. Carries much more corner speed obviously and I under cut the rain by 1 lap when the rest of the AI (save 1 car) stayed out as the rain started and they ended up spinning out all across the track lol.

Race 4 - Peugeot VGT - came easily to second place, then was big fight for win. In the end, I won by 0.273

View attachment 1329101

Race 5 - F1500T-A - started on RS, at lap4 started to raining, just when I needed fuel. Changed to IM, put fuel to lean and came to first place. At the very end, I run off the track and finished 2nd :(

View attachment 1329102

Got the car ticket and Lexus LFA from it, sold it for 910k since I already bought it.
What's all this talk of rain at Suzuka? I had a nice sunny day with light clouds for my race (a little overcast at the end but none of the big crowd who came out to watch me race got wet) ;) :lol:

I used the FXx for the 1st race, the Suzuki VGT Gr3 for race 2, the Vanquish fir the Rally challenge cane in 2nd when the AI ran me off of the road on the next to last curve. Used the Lambo VGT for the VGt race and tried a number of cars 787b, Red Bull, Bugatti VGT before settling on the SF23. Due to a typhoon that came through around the end of lap 5 to the end of the race and was able to easily take the win. Got a AMG VGT which I sold for 500k cr

Back