Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
weekly-challenge-cars-202402w3-edited.jpg

I got the first four races out of the way first thing in the morning...

Sardena - Jumped into the RCZ when I saw that it was on the likely competitor list. I've driven the Gr.3 and Gr.4 versions quite a lot for Daily Races and Manufacturers Cup events, but I'd never tried the road car. Drove it stock. It's a nice car to drive. Easy win. CRB, even.

Road Atlanta - The Chiron was another car that had been sitting in my garage undriven. It is a handful. Wicked top speed with almost no stopping power on the stock SH tires. Ended up going off the track multiple times as tried to figure out the braking points, but with the awesome speed on the back straight, I had no problem winning it.

Alsace - Picked the 205 because it is was the least used Gr.B in my garage. I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be able to keep up with the other cars since it is also the lowest PP of the Gr.B cars I own, but that turned out not to be problem. Still, it took me until the back half of the final lap to finally take the lead for the win. Ran the race on RH tires. It was fun. And there were fireworks!

Tokyo Expressway - The Berlinetta is starting to grow on me. I put RH tires on it so I would have some extra grip. I still managed to run deep at the end of the long straight into the container yard a couple times. An easy win, anyways.

I changed my clock last week on ps5 to open up the weekly's early n changed it back without doing any of the weekly races and got no rewards, Go to todays new weekly challenge's and never got ticket for race 1 and 3 that I done, Got my daily workout ticket though, Not expecting a ticket for race 5 either, Hopefully sorts itself out next week.

Very annoying not earning the prizes!

If it ever happens to me, I'm abandoning that week's challenges after the first race. And since usually one of the races is a Sunday Cup, at least there isn't a huge time commitment.
Each week I quickly do the Sunday Cup race on my main, my alt, and my son’s account. My 8 year old’s account keeps getting no reward. Just about every other week I have to explain to him that his account won’t be getting the prizes for the week.

No timezone adjustments or shenanigans going on with his account. All 3 have been susceptible to the glitch, but his seems to be the worst. I think my main and alt have only had one glitched week so far.

I recall completing the VGT Trophy Bonus Menu with the Lexus VGT. I wonder how it'll fare at this recently-added round at Tokyo Expressway South? Either way, I do like the Weekly Challenges for more or less giving me an extra incentive to do events I haven't gotten around to yet.

Last edited:
I changed my clock last week on ps5 to open up the weekly's early n changed it back without doing any of the weekly races and got no rewards, Go to todays new weekly challenge's and never got ticket for race 1 and 3 that I done, Got my daily workout ticket though, Not expecting a ticket for race 5 either, Hopefully sorts itself out next week.
That's the guaranteed way to trigger the glitch.
No timezone adjustments or shenanigans going on with his account.
What about on the same console?

None. He and I are the only ones using the PS5. He wouldn’t have a clue how to make adjustments to the system. He plays Fortnite and sometimes Call of Duty after school. I only use the PS5 for GT7.

I decided on a 2-VGT car strategy on the Plus account - the Aston Martin DP-100 (with a bit of weight added to drop the PP under 700 PP) for the two 700-PP events, and the Ferrari VGT (with a lot of weight and power reduction to fit the 850-PP VGT Trophy limit, and RS tires for the Gr.1 event).

First up was the Sardegna European Sunday Cup with the stock Ferrari. Even though I haven't been at this layout in a long time (the flashing brake indicator almost didn't save me), I knocked it out of the park in a clean 2:41, taking the lead by turn 2 (on normal difficulty).

I switched to the Aston for the Road Atlanta Race of Turbo Sports. I had the lead before the end of the 2nd lap, and finished in a clean 6:59. While I saw the two Civics added (2022 Honda and the Garage RCR tuner) after this race was put into the game, I didn't see the newer Alfa Romeo Giulia others have seen. That was the only content added to any of the 5 races after their initial appearances.

I kept the Aston for the Alsace World Rally Challenge, even though it isn't a rally car. Again, I had the lead before the end of the 2nd lap, and finished in a clean 6:06.

I went back to the Ferrari, detuned it to 850 PP, and hit the Tokyo Expressway VGT Trophy race. I quickly foresaw a problem for the Suzuka race, as the battery was drained after 1 lap, and, at least at the chopped power, it didn't like 7th gear. Still, I took the lead in the middle of the 3rd lap and eked out an unclean win in 9:33 (though I don't know where I lost my CRB).

I stuck with the plan, cranked up the tuning on the Ferrari, and went to Suzuka for the Gr.1 Prototype Series. It ate the RS tires too quickly to do a 1-stop;, It almost does the same on RM tires, and one has to save a bit of fuel to get 5 laps. After hundreds of miles of resets chasing a CRB, and blowing one run where I had the lead on lap 9 by pitting for rain tires when it only rained at pit entry, I finally managed a win, where I lost the CRB in an unknown manner, in 18:38.

As far as cash goes, and the extreme difficulty in getting CRBs in the 2 races that pay the "most" (relatively) speaking, 43:57 of race time (and hours of resets chasing the ever-elusive CRBs) for a mere 705,000 Cr. Add in a car ticket that netted 490,640 Cr. upon the sale of the awarded Toyota FT-1 VGT, and this week is the worst investment of time for these weekly challenges to date.
None. He and I are the only ones using the PS5. He wouldn’t have a clue how to make adjustments to the system. He plays Fortnite and sometimes Call of Duty after school. I only use the PS5 for GT7.
Sounds like the same console, which means the time-travel "glitch" affects every instance run on said console regardless of who changed the clock.

Last edited:
That's the guaranteed way to trigger the glitch.

PS4 here

and we NEVER EVER changed the clock once on the console.

I suspect the issue is server related or potentially bad coding architecture.

Sometimes it's my son that doesn't get the rewards for the weekly challenges so he doesn't want to play anymore. On top of that there's one time he didn't get the bonus car related to one of the viewers campaign.

A week ago on Wednesday I didn't get the reward for the daily mileage.
I was 😡
...so it's been 2 Wednesday evenings in a row I've been cheated now!

Last edited:
Sounds like the same console, which means the time-travel "glitch" affects every instance run on said console regardless of who changed the clock.
Not sure how that’s possible. As I stated in my original post, I do the Sunday Cup race back to back to back on the 3 accounts to determine if they will get the awards for the week. I’ve even rotated the order just to make sure it’s random. For whatever reason, his account seems to be vulnerable to the glitch. I’ll try this evening after work and see what happens.

Not sure how that’s possible. As I stated in my original post, I do the Sunday Cup race back to back to back on the 3 accounts to determine if they will get the awards for the week. I’ve even rotated the order just to make sure it’s random. For whatever reason, his account seems to be vulnerable to the glitch. I’ll try this evening after work and see what happens.
How many PS5s do you and your son have?

Another thursday, another set of weekly challenges, another report. All races were driven on normal difficulty.

- European Sunday Cup 400 (Sardegna).
Golf Gti 83 fully tuned up to 540pp/251hp. SH. Easy win. This little pocket rocket of mine is capable of winning anything under 500pp I believe.

- Race of Turbo Cars (Road Atlanta)
Pagani Huayra 13. Power restricted to enter Lemans WTC700. SH. Other than that, only equipped with racing brake pads. It could've been an easy win, but I kept an eye on the CRB and ended up being too cautious. Got the lead in the last lap only. Lost the CRB after all.

- World Rally Challenge (Alsace). VW 66. Engine swapped, fully tuned with Praianos settings. RH. It was a blast! I couldn't stop laughing seeing the little Herbie taking no Gr.B prisioners. I just saw in the garage that the car was elegible, asked myself "why not?" and went for it. Fun race.
20970621366899737.jpg

- VGT cup. (Tokyo). Ferrari VGT. Power restricted to meet race requirements. RH. Nothing to say about it.

- Gr1 prototypes (Suzuka 10 laps) Mazda 787b, RH/W. FM2. This race had the heaviest rain I've ever seen in GT7. A slow me dragged the car to a P3. Just enough to complete the challenges.

The 6 stars ticket gave me a Chapparal VGT. Which I sold right away for 510k.
18dae417bce19-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437254493322894_1708025364542.jpg

I suspect the issue is server related or potentially bad coding architecture.
There are clearly instances of users being affected by this issue who haven't time-travelled, but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any other single known cause.

As it stands, the clock-changing thing (exclusively backwards, to before the Challenges should have changed) is the only known, guaranteed way of triggering it. It's the only way I've ever been able to trigger it too.

Last edited:
1. It has 4 accounts on it. Mine, my alt, my sons, and my daughters. He and I are the only ones using it. My daughter plays something once or twice a year.
So you have one console. A clock issue like the no-ticket glitch for those who time-travel with their console will affect all accounts on that PS5.

I used these cars this week.

18dae7189982-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The Barker did ok stock. But only managed P3.

Everything else was pretty straight forward. While the LM55 had issues on a wet Suzuka, it did much better on a second attempt that was entirely dry.

I win this car from the 6-Star ticket.

18dae7189987-screenshotUrl.jpg

And quickly sold it as I already had one.

18dae71899886-screenshotUrl.jpg

Not a bad prize!

Decent races this week, no parts ticket too which was nice. Gr.1 at Suzuka is a little weird in that you can use any car and not just that class which can make it a lot easier if you need it. I just ran a stock VGT Gr.1 and won pretty easily without any rain running RM/RM. Car ticket gave me the GT Citroen, already had it so I'll wait until the price goes back up to sell it.

Cars for this week:
full

There are clearly instances of users being affected by this issue who haven't time-travelled, but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any other single known cause.

As it stands, the clock-changing thing (exclusively backwards, to before the Challenges should have changed) is the only known, guaranteed way of triggering it. It's the only way I've ever been able to trigger it too.
I just got home and decided to try the Sunday Cup on all 3 accounts. Same car, same settings, all done in a matter of approximately 12 minutes. I used the Ferrari VGT for reference.

Up first - my CMB350 account. No ticket. Reward shown as received.

Second - My son’s account. Reward ticket received.

Last - My alt account. Reward ticket received.

Last weeks order was: Alt, Main, Son’s.

I can’t recall if two weeks ago they all got rewards, but I believe it was a week with all 3 functioning correctly.

I used:

Sunday Cup - '65 Mini Cooper S @ 404pp, was 380pp but was loosing out too much on the straights so a little boost to keep up and all was good.

Turbo Sportscars - Gr 3 Nissan GTR @ 698pp on racing mediums. Bit too easy, should have tried a Gr4 car.

Word Rally - Gr 3 Nissan GTR @ 698pp, interestingly acceleration was pretty much matched to the group Bs but they lost out in corners.

Vision GT Trophy - Toyota FT-1 VGT @ 775pp despite being well under the pp limit it was fine, quite like driving this

Gr1 Prototypes - Toyota TS050 @889pp. FM1, RS tyres. Pitted end of lap 5 from P2 (tyres done) just as a massive rain storm hit, on to Inters, exit pits in P9 or so and 34 seconds behind the leader, P1 end of that lap purely due to the weather and AI still on slicks, just kept in on track while the laps ticked down. AI pitted twice, second time on lap 9, leaving me with a 28 second or so lead. Took a few attempts due to me being too liberal with the throttle and/or slow Ai in the rain turning in to corners and sticking me in a barrier.

Initially confused because I got a 6 star ticket after the 3rd race, turned out to by the daily mileage one. That gave me a stroker kit for an '02 NSX.
The 6 star car ticket gave me a Gr3 Ford GT LM Spec II Test car, so can't complain I guess.

Just out of curiosity to those that have unfortunately not got rewards at some point, can you confirm at what point you know you haven’t got the reward? Does the green box show up at the race finish showing that race ticked off? Does the ticket animation show at the reward screen? Or do these things happen and the ticket is just not in your gifts?

Since I was already in the 190E from the TT, I used it at Sardegna. I jumped into an '04 Impreza for Alsace and Road Atlanta. I used the Tomahawk for Tokyo and Suzuka. Got a Mercedes GT3 for the award and sold it for 127k.
That is some rotten luck. There are 350,000-Cr. Gr.4 cars from Brand Central that are re-selling for more than that.

Did the first three today.
First time to run my swapped TT so let's call it a test day at Sardegna. lol I'll revisit it with something waaaay weaker:
Sardegna - Road Track - B_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Tried Alsace first with the Audi rally but I only placed third. I knew I had some rally car somewhere with a track set-up and found it. Won by 8secs.:
Alsace - Village_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
RA in my Clubsport was fun. Won by also around 8secs. over Mosso in a Corolla:
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __2 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Debating on the other two races. I may skip them and work on the new TT.

So far I've only finished the Suzuka race.....

Tried once, rain on lap 9, DNF

Tried twice, someone cut me on a corner and I spun out on lap 6 - DNF

Tried a third time - won the race in the Chaparral, only to find out I was on the WRONG race (it was the 900pp 10 lap Suzuka race.. not the end of the world since I haven't finished any of those for the cafe books)

Fourth time, Formula car, rain (even though the forcast didn't show any), kept on the track for 2 laps, but spun outon the last one.

Fifth time - easy to first, pit on lap 7, changed tires, hit the button to NOT take on fuel by mistake!!!! Not today Satan! Immedietely pit again on the next go around, take on a bunch of fuel and crank it to max power.

I'm fried... still don't have a Vision GT car that can win those other races haha, probably gonna buy one now seeing as we get one every other week.

edit: FWIW it actually gave me the credits ticket this week! And my daily ticket was a generic 6-star that got me a Gr.3 I don't have yet, so hey.

Last edited:
Hmm, ran the Tokyo race tonight in the Lambo VGT. Win the race. No reward…. First time I didn’t get the reward and I’ve done nothing to my console or game settings since I played last night to complete the WTC900 races where I got my half million credit ticket.

So last night, everything was fine. Played the game, won my ticket. Opened said ticket, turned off the game. Tonight turn on the game, race one race, win said race, do not receive ticket even though it says I completed the event.

Here's a couple late ones from last weeks batch. I won't have time to run this week until tomorrow.

I didn't get video of the Silvia Race because it just wasn't anything special, the Sunday Cup because... same, or the American 700 because I forgot to grab the footage before recording another race. That was a fun one driving a Smoky-and-the-Bandit look Trans-Am that is stock aside from an LS9 swap. No suspension, no brakes, all wild. I should do another run and record it this time.

Radical - Nurburgring GP

This one took two attempts. I forgot the Radical needs to be very short-shifted to keep pace, but the AI still ran from me on the straight in most cases. I don't know what was going on, but it made for a fun race.

Lexus SC430 GR2 - Autopolis

Another good race. I don't know if anyone else loves the SC like I do, but it's just a great handling beast of a car. It doesn't really fit with GR2 or GR3 classes to me, but it is capable in both. I used the mid-turbo in this one, metering the fuel for a no-stop on hards. It got a little hairy towards the end as the tires fell off and fuel became scarce, but still eeked out a one-shot win.

Even with the win, everyone can see how turn-one at Autopolis is one nemesis of mine that I often lose to. Such a hard corner to carve a fast line through.

Looking forward to this weeks selections. Should be a good time!

Last edited:
Enjoyed the races this week...

• Euro race at Sardegna - used my 458-swapped Alfa 4C, which wiped the floor clean by over 40s. Maybe overkill!
  • Turbo Sportscars at Road Atlanta - used my '99 WRX, max tuned, then down-tuned to just shy of 700PP. Again, easy win.
  • Rally at Alsace - I down-tuned my Atenza Gr.4 race car to just shy of 600PP for a bit more of a challenge. Only just snuck in to the lead on the last lap and won by over 1s.
  • VGT at Tokyo - Decided to bring the Alpine out of the depths of the garage, tuned up to max out the PP on RM tyres, and destroyed by miles.
  • Gr.1 at Suzuka - I used the RBX2019, and won by over 1min, despite pitting on lap 7 for fuel/tyres as a big patch of rain was coming, only to run the last three laps on IM tyres with zero rain...

Then I wondered why I had found these so easy. Off to the race difficulty settings, and noticed they were set to EASY! Doh! Decided to have a few easy races after a few drinks on the weekend and forgot to change it back...

I took a shot at doing the Suzuka Gr.1 race this morning. I used the Hyundai N 2025 because I know it is great in the rain.

I tried a no-stop strategy on RH tires, short-shifting the car at around 7000RPM to save fuel. My thinking was that if it rained, I'd be able to make up the time on IM tires. If it didn't, I'd save time by not pitting.

It didn't rain -- at least not enough to switch tires. And the time saved from skipping the pit stop was not enough to make up for the time lost to fuel saving. I finished P5.

I'll have to give it another go with a more conventional 1-stop strategy.

Hmm, ran the Tokyo race tonight in the Lambo VGT. Win the race. No reward…. First time I didn’t get the reward and I’ve done nothing to my console or game settings since I played last night to complete the WTC900 races where I got my half million credit ticket.

So last night, everything was fine. Played the game, won my ticket. Opened said ticket, turned off the game. Tonight turn on the game, race one race, win said race, do not receive ticket even though it says I completed the event.
The ticket system seems to be bugged for me too now. First time experiencing this. I just completed 3 of 5 races and neither of the two CR tickets popped.

Back