Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,440 comments
Finished just 4 this week:
2017 Swift for the High Speed Ring
S15 for Silvia Sisters (3rd place - got a little happy on the uphill corners, I use stock tires because those cars were meant for drifting)
1st in the Radical race - flashbacks to the Red Bull challenge from GT5
Trusty old Wide Body Ford GT for the 5 lapper - about as far from stock as you can get

I did try the 10 lap autopolis race with a heavily detuned Formula car - fun race, but I didn't take on enough fuel when I pitted and ran out 4 corners from the finish... 11th place - Can't say I didn't try!

On the "are weeklies good/bad for the game" - very much a good thing for me. I hadn't played this past year at all, but picked it up when the weekly challenges started. I like being forced to try different cars and different tracks - way too easy to just do what's comfortable (3 laps of Tsukuba in a Ferrari) and not learn if other things might be fun (Jimny!).

If I could change anything - no more Tesla races, and maybe swap parts tickets for cash or just generic tickets (the trend for 4+5 star tickets for me lately has been cars, can't complain). In any case, I'm making way more money than I was doing my regular fun races. I've actually been able to purchase a few cars I didn't think I ever would, including the FXX-K.

Weeklies done, nice set again. First ticket 6-star parts and ended up with a part worth Cr. 8,500, second ticket Cr. 200k and last ticket Cr. 500k, not bad, thanks very much!
Race 5 wasn't easy and it took me a couple of tries. Won it with a Bugatti VGT on RH tyres, put FM to 6 (occasionally dropping to 4 or 5, depending on laps remaining info) and managed to finish without a pit stop!

18d8ccf496d97-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437109783162224_1707460090477.jpg

Closest finish that I have had in long time...
WTC900 at Autopolis.

Last edited:
weekly-challenge-cars-feb-2-edited.jpg

High-speed Ring: Used the Swift on CS tires but otherwise stock. Easy win.

Streets of Willow Springs: I haven't driven that track in ages. I used a Silvia that I had souped up six ways to Sunday for the Silvia Sisters series, but never properly tuned so it drives like a dog. Managed to easily gain the lead, then throw it away going into the sand on the entrance to the bowl turn... twice. Finished P2. Good for the check mark.

Nurburgring GP: I love driving those Radicals. Mine was stock. Fun and easy win.

Trial Mountain: First time driving the Demon, as I just picked it up recently for the new Extra Menu Book. Ran it stock, but that thing is a monster. Got to use a light touch on the throttle, for sure. Easy win.

Autopolis: This took a few attempts, all in the stock RC F with RM tires. First one, went off the track in the first lap; decided to start over. Second, was trying for a no-pit strategy but then rain came on lap 3 and I didn't have any IM or W tires to switch to; gave up instead of trying to skate around on slicks. Third, gave up on my no-pit strategy if it was just going to rain. Drove hard for the first few laps thinking I'd have to switch to IMs soon, but the rain never came. Pitted for fuel and tires on lap 7. Ran hard for the last few laps, but couldn't catch the leader. Finished P2. Good for the last check mark, so I'll take it.

The parts award was connector rods for a Civic, IIRC.

Thanks! He was one of my favorite drivers back in the day.:)
I specifically remember watching Kleinubing drive the wheels off that car.

I ran a Real Time livery on my NSX during one of the Manu seasons. Well, at least a derivative thereof; didn't have a chance to cross reference everything to one of the OGs in real life, but the intent was there!

ec8de2c0b51e5c3c9e53b7f7bb8786e6_photo.webp

Done and dusted the events, Radical was the most enjoyable with WTC 900.

6* parts gave a WR stage 5 for Lambo Veneno, could have been worse. If only I had the invite to get that car... Are you teasing me PD ?
Ha, ha. My reward was ceramic brakes, worth an eye-popping total of 10,000. A six star ticket for 10,000; what's the point. Just go ahead and slap me in the face, and be done with it.

Ha, ha. My reward was ceramic brakes, worth an eye-popping total of 10,000. A six star ticket for 10,000; what's the point. Just go ahead and slap me in the face, and be done with it.
yep, could have been much worse than the WR stage 5 for the Veneno, but still it feels a bit like salt on an open wound 🤣

Well that was one unexpected ending to my WTC900 race. Decided to use my R5 for my first try. Went out on RH and thought I could go without a pit but FM6 was just a bit too slow for me. So went to FM1 and planned for a pit later. Went in after lap 7 while in 9th. Figured I'm this far back so might as well experiment and went with a RS switch. Pitted out in 11th. I pretty much surrendered and just kept on racing. Wasn't even looking at the track info. I was slowly passing people and by the start of the last lap I was in 6th because a few pitted. Passed a couple more cars and was in 4th with only the twisties left in the final sector. Was right behind the GT500 GTR after the last turn, I juked left at an angle and got third by inches! That was fun! I'll give it a go again soon this time starting on RS.
Autopolis International Racing Course__1 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Autopolis International Racing Course__3 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Autopolis International Racing Course__2 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Good set of races (🔰 = Clean Race)
  • Japanese FF Challenge - Honda Civic Type-R FK8 🔰
  • Silvia Sisters - Sileighty 🔰
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • American Clubman Cup - Coyote Swap Mach 1 🔰
  • WTC900 - Lexus LF-LC VGT 🔰
Rewards:
  • 30k from 4-Star Daily
  • Ultra High Turbo for BRZ Drift Car

Did races 1-3 of new Weekly Challenges

Race 1 - Demio XD Touring 16 - finished 3rd with much slower car then rest of company ahead.

18d9e3c814475-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) '02 - good choice of car, fast as leaders, here I finished 1st

18d9e3c97959-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - Radical SR3 SL' 13 - love the both car and track, came to lead pretty early, but then I spun and fell into 6th position. I managed to catch the leaders again and take the victory!

18d9e3cbfd351-screenshotUrl.jpg

unexpected ending to my WTC900 race.
I've been playing around with fuel-saving methods on these long races. I can complete this race without pitting at FM6 by just staying off the throttle a few meters ahead of the brake point, then late-apex a bit deeper, occasionally switch to FM1 momentally right after apex to quickly gain top speed then fall back to FM6. If my pace is consistent enough, I can complete the whole race with a single set of RM tires through the end without turning too hard.

Last edited:
So before the next set of races goes online, here's how I was doing in the current ones.

For race 1 I picked my Honda Fit. It's a widebody car with wide rims and a couple of permanent parts, however I removed what was removable and slapped on CS tires to end up with about 420 PP. Which was more than enough to win the race.
I went for the lead at the end of lap 1. The Integra came back for its higher top end down the straight and we had a bit side by side racing through turn 2 and over the bridge up to turn 3 where I could overtake him on the outside for the win.
Btw it's been a pleasant surprise what a nice drive the Fit was at that amount of power and on CS tires.

RJ R1 R.jpg Alaaf ! :dunce:

I'm experienced enough by now and from @Tommy_D 's thread about impossible challenges to not start a Silvia race with a 500 PP car.
My 180SX, which isn't the best of the possible contenders imo, sits at 545 PP with a good tune from Praiano. Yet it's not an easy to handle car, especially on the Streets of Willow.
It took me about two laps to smoothen and time my throttle inputs and finally get a good feel for the race and the car / track combo ... and go for the win at the beginning of lap 3.

RJ R2 R.jpg Alaaf ! :dunce:

Race 3 was the race I had to start twice as I made quite a couple of mistakes at breaking and turning in initially.
After about one and a half laps I finished that mess and gave myself a second go.
The 10 sec gap at race start seemed small to me but with a full stock Radical, my steps to close this gap were even smaller.
In the end it's all been a matter of patience, race craft and hoping for the best on the final lap. And indeed, after the Schumacher S I had reached the leading car to pass him exiting Bit Kurve.

RJ R3 R.jpg Alaaf ! :dunce:

For race 4 it had to be the SVT Raptor, for the fun, for the looks, for a cool photo for you guys here on GTP ...
I don't want to pretend my 650 PP Raptor was a family truck. It's not, it's a race truck. It's strong, it's fast, it's stable and a dream to drive.
3 laps into the race I found myself on P1 already, increasing the lead to almost 25 sec at the finish line.
It's been an easy win - as expected - and some nice and relaxing experience after the Radical Special Event on Nürburgring GP.
Now, before I move on, here's what I've promised above :

RJ R4 R.jpg Alaaf ! :dunce:

Race 5 is the one I enjoyed most. I like Autopolis, I like GT500 cars and I like to beat them with let's say something else. Let's say something like a fridge. I hadn't driven the 2J in a long time although it's such a spectacular car, so I thought I just give it a go and see what happens. See how tire wear is and fuel consumption. Started the race on RH tires and FM 6 ... and that was the way to go for me. One stop for fuel after 5 laps. And what a great car for a winding track like Autopolis. And what a great moment seeing the leading Nismo come out of the pits in the distance ... knowing he's just too slow to defend his position on the last lap.

RJ R5 R.jpg Alaaf ! :dunce:

Hey, it's carnival after all. :lol:

P.S. race mode is on hard ...

Last edited:
I'm experienced enough by now and from @Tommy_D 's thread about impossible challenges to not start a Silvia race with a 500 PP car.
My 180SX, which isn't the best of the possible contenders imo, sits at 545 PP with a good tune from Praiano. Yet it's not an easy to handle car, especially on the Streets of Willow.
It took me about two laps to smoothen and time my throttle inputs and finally get a good feel for the race and the car / track combo ... and go for the win at the beginning of lap 3.

View attachment 1327864 Alaaf ! :dunce:
I've been lazy this past week (not really, just not enough time for GT) and didn't get around to running these races until last night. I have a really good tune on a SilEighty that was super stable and fast at Streets of Willow. It's mid 500's PP level if I recall. I think my fastest lap with a clear track was a 1:18. Lots of turbo lag keeps the tires from spinning mid-turn but it starts spooling up right as you are getting the car straight on the exit. TC at 0 and it grips real well with Sport softs.

I've been lazy this past week (not really, just not enough time for GT) and didn't get around to running these races until last night. I have a really good tune on a SilEighty that was super stable and fast at Streets of Willow. It's mid 500's PP level if I recall. I think my fastest lap with a clear track was a 1:18. Lots of turbo lag keeps the tires from spinning mid-turn but it starts spooling up right as you are getting the car straight on the exit. TC at 0 and it grips real well with Sport softs.
I'd gladly try your setup on my car. So, if it's ok for you to share it ... ;)

Hi everyone. Fun races this week. All on hard.

Race 1 3:10:568 [1st]
Race 2 4:15:537 [1st]
Race 3 9:05:161 [1st]
Rave 4 10:06:553 [1st]
Race 5 17:19:850 [2nd]

Race 1 Won first with a stock Civic Type R 97.
Race 2 Won 1st place with a 499.98 pp Silvia S14! This was a tough race and took a lot of tuning options to maximize for the course. Very proud of this, and happy to share my tune if anyone is interested.
Race 3 Won 1st with stock Radical (only Upgrade was soft tires)
Race 4 Won 1st place with Focus RS at 668pp. Crushed them.
Race 5 Second place with tuned NSX concept. Really want to win this in GR2. I can get first with a few more tries. Will run more tonight or tomorrow.

Unfortunately no rewards for me this week. 2nd week out of last 3 with no rewards. Why is it taking PD so long to fix this?

Photos from my races except NSX (gotta get P1 to get the pics)!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_211947_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_211947_PS App.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240213_212039_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_212039_PS App.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240213_212057_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_212057_PS App.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240213_212120_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_212120_PS App.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 8
Has anyone had trouble with the weekly races? I've completed mine for the week in the top three but received no prizes. It says ticket, then credits but no joy. Any thoughts?

Unexptected victory at Autopolis.
Took the GT-R GT500 '16 as i like to face my opponents in equal cars, at least if it's not for the grind. so i hoped to come in 2nd or 3rd, as 1st place just isn't possible (at least for me) in a Gr.2 car at these WTC900 races. Luckily it startede to rain after lap 3, i pitted earlier than the others and then never switched tires back to slicks, so easy win.

What do we mark off this week's bingo card? GT3 RS one-make? Brands Hatch?
Family Guy No GIF

Special little message this week for the people who like to use the composite images I create, uncredited, for their own social media accounts:

1707909666849.png

You can't actually get this image out of the game; I composite three different screenshots to make these...

Last edited:
Did race 4 - didn't have time for 5, had to go to doctor, coming back late afternoon or evening. Must finish race 5 and last series in FM23, so it will be intense day.

Race 4 - Corvette C7 ZR1 '19 - put SS tires and went for easy win. Not a easy car to drive, specially bad brakes.

18da74e064b12-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Back