Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,440 comments
PD at it again...whenever the limited time event isn't Radical or 911 GT3 RS, it's something insufferable like the Tesla. Is that the gist of it?

Don't remember many of the other limited time events, all I can remember is the one with Civics at the Glen, which, by the way, I didn't mind at all.

But they should hurry up and be more clever with these.
And the saga continues...

Did all the races in PSVR2 with hard AI as usual with the following:
Screenshot_2024-02-08-01-45-41-563.jpeg

• Swift in the first race was completely stock, easy win
  • I forgot my S15 was 2JZ swapped until I saw the rev counter bounce at 6k rather than the car's default, mostly stock with sports softs.
  • Had to re-do the radical race twice because my first one went so poorly, stock aside from sport softs in the 2nd race attempt
  • Lightly modified viper with aero bits and sports soft tyres and titanium exhaust, delightful car to drive
  • I JUST WANTED AN EXCUSE TO DRIVE THE GR1 TOMAHAWK IN ONE OF THESE DAMN WEEKLIES. also was able to no stop the entire race with racing hards.
Clip below is a minute of the viper drive

Last edited:
Pretty easy races, especially WTC 900 because AI decided to pit on lap 8 and 9 for some reason. Would've preferred Radicals on the Nordschleife instead of the GP circuit but it was decent enough, hopefully they come up with some new one make races though. Prizes aren't a whole lot special, once again we get a parts ticket which is totally useless.

Cars for this week:
full

A fun weekly event would be at the Nordshleife, with very mixed opponents, including a lot of road cars, like on those days where everybody can go on the track to race his daily car. A grid of 19 opponents and you have one lap to finish first, starting last. With the car you want, but we could have our own GTP challenge to do it with the less PP possible.

Last edited:
Last night I completed the first half (3/5) of the weekly challenges.

- special event Radical at Nurb GP. As much as I hate this track, gotta admit it was a fun race. Maybe I'll revisit it.

- American Clubman at Trial Mountain. I picked my Dodge Viper GTS '02 slapped some RH and got an easy win. Since it was late in the night I saved mysefl from any trouble I'd may have.

- Japanese FF challenge at High Speed Ring. Another easy win with a Civic Type R '20.

The 6 stars ticket gave me some stupid parts for a car I don't remember. No pictures taken. Maybe I'll revisit the Radical event and also have the excuse to buy some parts for the mentioned Viper to revisit TM as well.

Pretty easy races, especially WTC 900 because AI decided to pit on lap 8 and 9 for some reason. Would've preferred Radicals on the Nordschleife instead of the GP circuit but it was decent enough, hopefully they come up with some new one make races though. Prizes aren't a whole lot special, once again we get a parts ticket which is totally useless.

Cars for this week:
full
I dig your Silvia. Will look for the livery once I get home.

VR looks crazy 😛
Haha yeah it's great for most cars, but sometimes it isn't good, for cockpit less cars (15 VGT's and the Toyota S-FR racing concept - see it ain't all VGT's :lol:) you don't get a speedometer HUD to make up for the fact your camera is placed on the roof of the car, so that's them out of contention, and some cars yo7 can go inside have very hard to read speedometers due to the resolution of the headset (which while good, still has a narrow 'sweet spot' for sharpness of the view)

Last edited:
You do not need to purchase WR1-4 to install WR5. You could save that 200k.
Well, that’s news to me. I’ve been installing each of the different levels up to level 5 because you can’t just install level 3 without installing 1 and 2 before it. Apparently the rules change when it comes to level 5 WR. Glad PD let us know that in advance.

Last edited:
I used these cars this week.

18d89baa9f936-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Civic was entirely stock. Easy win and CRB.

Silvia was lightly modified. Aero, a cam upgrade and SS tires. CRB and P1.

Stock Radical. Fun race, but not my favorite track. Nordschliefe, please!

Challenger Demon was stock. That car will try to kill you in any gear below 5, especially TC0.

First time using the little formula car. Came in P2 but I think I had a poor fuel strategy.

Parts ticket gave me a bore up kit for a Mazda3 ... smh.

Well, that’s news to me. I’ve been installing each of the different levels up to level 5 because you can’t just install level 3 without installing 1 and 2 before it. Apparently the rules change when it comes to level 5 WR. Glad PD let us know that in advance.
I think it is the only part like that.

Yeah I just don't see why there's any particular need or reason to do anything other than cash. Parts and engines are only worth anything to people who use them. I don't have any interest at all in that aspect of the game...and I don't think I'm alone in that regard. So rewarding with parts and engine tickets is guaranteed to disappoint a segment of the players. Money works for everyone. Of course the parts/engines need to be available to purchase just like the cars (mostly) are.
Although I completely see your point, and I agree, personally I like to use the randomness of prize parts and engines as a foundation for my tuning habits. That is to say, I'll put the freebie parts on the cars I own and go from there. Also, owning parts for cars I don't own is a good roadmap for which cars to buy next.

A fun weekly event would be at the Nordshleife, with very mixed opponents, including a lot of road cars, like on those days where everybody can go on the track to race his daily car. A grid of 19 opponents and you have one lap to finish first, starting last. With the car you want, but we could have our own GTP challenge to do it with the less PP possible.
I think it's very disappointing how predictable the "Special event" slot has become in such a short time.

Teslas
Or
Radicals
Or
Porsche GT3s
Or
Civic One Make

Not that I mind those events, but they aren't unique at all anymore.

I used:

98 Civic Type R - stock @ 430 something PP was way too easy in retrospect.
'94 S14 - with soft tyres, much slower on straights but waaay faster in corners
Radical obviously - like driving this one.
'18 Camaro ZL1 - 698PP faster than the chassis can handle
Final race I used the TS050, which I guess must be detuned (didn't check) as it was under 900pp. FM 2 on mediums, stop at end of lap 7, FM1 from there on softs, easy win.

Parts ticket gave me cams for the RS 250 Clio Trophy.

I used:

98 Civic Type R - stock @ 430 something PP was way too easy in retrospect.
'94 S14 - with soft tyres, much slower on straights but waaay faster in corners
Radical obviously - like driving this one.
'18 Camaro ZL1 - 698PP faster than the chassis can handle
Final race I used the TS050, which I guess must be detuned (didn't check) as it was under 900pp. FM 2 on mediums, stop at end of lap 7, FM1 from there on softs, easy win.

Parts ticket gave me cams for the RS 250 Clio Trophy.
That Camaro made me a lot of money early in the game. It's stupid fast. I imagine in real life that car is a hoot.

I found out the hard way on that,too.

Did the first 4. I'll tackle the 900 tomorrow.
I forgot the FF was too easy and entered with my RTR Peter Cunningham Integra. Won over Igor by about 40 secs. I'll try it with a much weaker car next time.
Radical was easy too in my modded Radical with a new livery.
Sylvia in my lightly modded Xanavi and won by about 4 secs.
Easy win in the CC700. I used to grind this a lot with this car. My 800hp Ampol SVG Supercar. Obliterated the field before the first lap ended. lol
High Speed Ring__3 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nürburgring GP__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Trial Mountain Circuit__1 (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Back