Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
Finished 4 of 5... I do not have a Vision GT car capable of winning one of those races... Might drop a million in the future for the Tomahawk or something, but that roulette ticket is not tempting me...
1 Put the game on easy

2 Cut all the chicanes that you possibly can. If memory serves me right, there's no penalties in this race.

Last edited:
A bit of a trash week really.
I haven't unlocked Jimny cup yet. Tesla's can do one.
So just the 3 events for me this week.

Main account used these cars:

Race 1 at Lake Louise: Suzuki Jimny with full bolt-ons. It’s a car. Nothing special. Took first on the first lap. Boring race.

Race 2 at Blue Moon Bay: Bone stock Tesla Model 3. Surprisingly fun to slide this car through the turns. Heavy but predictable. Easy 1st place win.

Race 3 at Tokyo: Wicked Fabrication GT 51. This car has way more power than grip at 600pp so it liked to spin up the tires quite a bit and the occasional conversation with Barry-R did happen on the fast bends when it couldn’t hold its line. Anyway, it was a good race. Took first in the final ease’s of the last lap.

Race 4 at Monza: Bone stock Porsche VGT Spider. Dumb race. This car is incredibly fast in a straight line but even with RH tires it can’t handle for ****. So a real “parker/screamer” type of race. Easy win.

Race 5 at Mt Panorama: Enzo swapped Ferrari F40. RS tires and FM6 got this car to a very easy win. Great handling on this car, but what do you expect? It’s an F40.

Last edited:
Jimny Cup: I'd won this before it came up in the Weekly Challenge with just the stock setup, but I'd made a few small upgrades - sport computer, semi-racing muffler, racing air filter, IIRC - for the race at Sardegna - Windmills. Ran with the improved setup at Lake Louise and won handily.

Tesla race: Meh. I tried with the stock Model 3 car. Was well ahead at the start of the final lap, then stupidly missed my braking mark on the high-speed corner of the oval, putting myself into the wall. Fell back to P3, where I finished. Didn't bother going back to try for the win.

Tokyo expressway: Used the Lexus LFA, stock setup. Easy win.

VGTs at Monza: Used the new Genesis VGT with RH tires (thanks for the tip, @GlockPants). Easy win.

WTC700 at Bathurst: I'd just been driving the Honda NSX Gr.4 car (stock setup) for some Gr.4 fuel consumption profiling tests, so I thought I might see if I could get a no-pit strategy to work with some aggressive short-shifting. I couldn't. I might have been able to squeeze out 6 laps, but not 7. So I pitted after lap 5 after working my way up to P1, came out in P1 and just drove out the last two laps at full throttle for the win.

Last edited:
1 Put the game on easy

2 Cut all the chicanes that you possibly can. If memory serves me right, there's no penalties in this race.

That seems like it would work, thanks!

edit - That did in fact work (didn't even have to put it on easy). Completed with a controller as I don't feel right stealing valor with the wheel haha.

Weirdly enough, I haven't received the final prize ticket. I think they changed it so that cash tickets are just added directly to your account, but I never got the prize ticket for completing all five (fairly certain I DID get the parts ticket for completing one).

Last edited:
Started in on the weeklies last night.

Jimny - Lake Louise

For this repeat from last week I just did the same thing. Took the mildly modified Jimny and won it easily. Still a fun little rig for 100ish hp. For added fun do like I did, buy the center diff then bias the power to the rear (5% front, 95% rear). Definitely makes it pointier and more fun to chuck around.

Tesla Model 3 - Blue Moon Bay

I am not one of the people that dislikes the 3. Quite the opposite. If you don't think it's fun to bury this thing in corners and fry all four tires on the way out I don't know what to tell you. The silence of the Tesla also allows for more focus on braking, easily hearing the wind change in a draft, and you can hear everything the tires are doing. Its a fun car.

Audi R8 - Tokyo

Happy to see the WTC600 grind come to the weeklies. Haven't done this one for a while. Used my R8 that was specifically built for this race a long time ago. Easy enough win, but the car is kind of an understeer monster. It will be getting a center diff to bias the power towards the rear which will hopefully allow it to turn in more aggressively, and understeer less on throttle. Don't know why I didn't get the CRB on this one. The AI Supra did cut me off and get bumped, but I'm not sure if that was it or not.

I did the WTC 700 at Panorama and the VGT race this morning, and will post those up once they're uploaded.

I’m pretty sure we’ve seen the Tesla one make race before, same track and everything. Quite disappointing that we’re getting repeats already.

Finished up the weekly challenge. I used the Aston Martin VGT at Tokyo came in 2nd since I couldn't stop crashing 😁. Used the Jimny and I must say that is a fun vehicle in the snow. I took the Genesis VGT to Monza came in 1st but in the 2nd lap I got vertical
18d6bfabe7980-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d6bfa9f5c56-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d6bf93ca245-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d6bfadd6a67-screenshotUrl.jpg

My son was watching and we had a good laugh. We watched the replay twice and I thought I saved it but I didn't unfortunately.

kjb
Finished up the weekly challenge. I used the Aston Martin VGT at Tokyo came in 2nd since I couldn't stop crashing 😁. Used the Jimny and I must say that is a fun vehicle in the snow. I took the Genesis VGT to Monza came in 1st but in the 2nd lap I got vertical
I tried using the Ferrari Mondial at Mt. Panorama and was doing pretty well until I got to the top of the mountain and rolled it going through the fast left handers.

Last edited:
kjb
Finished up the weekly challenge. I used the Aston Martin VGT at Tokyo came in 2nd since I couldn't stop crashing 😁. Used the Jimny and I must say that is a fun vehicle in the snow. I took the Genesis VGT to Monza came in 1st but in the 2nd lap I got verticalView attachment 1324799View attachment 1324800View attachment 1324801View attachment 1324802
My son was watching and we had a good laugh. We watched the replay twice and I thought I saved it but I didn't unfortunately.
Big air. Nice.

Finished them today. Used a 190E at Tokyo, Gr.4 Corvette at Bathurst, Bugatti VGT at Monza. Got a 787B motor from the wheel.

Finished today with a bone stock LFA(first time driving it) at Tokyo,2nd place. It was ugly but good enough. Wow, $100k with the ticket. I would have preferred the Hyundai or BMW race cars in the roulette.

Here's the other runs from this week.

Porsche Spyder VGT - Monza

The VGT race was a VGT race. Used the Spyder version only because of the open cockpit in VR (the coupe looks much better). Porsche is ok to drive, super fast, but not the most fun thing to throw around.

Aston Vantage GR4 - Mount Panorama
This was a fun one. I didn't look at anything about strategy and winged it in a car I've never driven. The Aston drives really nicely. Super predictable and planted. Ended up having to stretch the fuel out since I decided half way through the race that I wasn't going to stop, and that forced me to use trim 6, short-shift, coast and go part-throttle for much of the end of the run. It was a fun added pressure to the race.

I finished first in the Jimny race with a bone stock Jimny. I had to barge my way through at one point to carry my speed but I didn't wreck anyone. We bumped doors hard but that's about it. Clean race bonus would be an impressive feat there.

Wanted to be different this week (🔰 = Clean Race):
  • Jimny Cup - Obvious 🔰
  • Special Event - Obvious 🔰
  • WTC600 - Toyota FT-1 🔰
  • Vision GT Trophy - Jaguar VGT SV (Heavily detuned) 🔰
  • WTC700 - VW Sirocco Gr. 4

Rewards:
  • 10k from 4-Star Daily from yesterday
  • 30k from 4-Star Daily today
  • Ultra-High Turbo for Veyron 16.4 from 6-Star Part
  • 100k from 5-Star

Jimny Race-slightly tuned Jimny (5kws more power, sport breaks and sport clutch)

Tesla-Tesla...that was a wee bit creepy without gears and with no engine noise, finished 2nd and I will never drive this car again unless the game forces me to do so... ;)

WTC600 Tokoyo-got an easy win with a Testarossa and liked this race a lot(the AI is really good in this race), so I gave it another try with an almost stock(changed the tyres from SH to SM) Peugeot RCZ Gr3 Road Car that I got from the 5*-star reward later(didn't own it so far...), and that race was even better...
Finished 2nd and that race had a constant battle for second place between 4 cars over the last two laps , again truly awesome AI performance...which made me even think that PD changed something there with one of the last updates...

VGT Monza-first try with the Suzuki Gr3 VGT(which I never used before) and stood no chance, second try with the new Genesis Berlinetta VGT and finished 2nd...

WTC700 Mt. Panorama-used my fully customized De Tomaso Pantera Gt racer(with the same tune I use for the Le Mans grind, no engine swap) with RH, got an easy win with one pit stop(4/3laps)...still one of my favorite cars in this race!

Rewards:as mentioned above a Peugeot RCZ Gr3 Road Car and some high lift camshafts for the Alpine A110...

Last edited:
In case anyone struggling with the VGT race at Monza for the weekly challenges, here is how I won on my 3rd attempt (hard difficulty and no assists).

Ferrari VGT, lowest Power and ECU settings (buy the restrictor) and using RH tires, adding 165kg ballast.

The car handles like a dream, so RH tires will not affect your drive. What you need to do is NOT get stuck behind P6/7/8 when you catch up to them at the end of lap 2.

This is because the Ferrari battery sucks and you will depend on the handling and skill for the final 2.5 laps. Don't worry about the Peugeot or Suzuki fly past toward end of lap 3 - you will brake a lot later and accelerate out of corners much faster. Take back your place and keep moving forward 🙂

Won by about 5 seconds. Average lap time (exc lap 1) was about 1:45:9 in case it helps.

Those who also won with different cars, what was your strategy? Enjoyed the race and would do again with different cars 🙂

Last edited:
I finished first in the Jimny race with a bone stock Jimny. I had to barge my way through at one point to carry my speed but I didn't wreck anyone. We bumped doors hard but that's about it. Clean race bonus would be an impressive feat there.
At first I was skeptical that this be done. Those enemy Jimnys are fast on the straight!

I spent nearly an hour trying to win. But I did finally manage it. Are you also on Hard difficulty?

18d7067cdf35-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d7067eacb20-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d7067ff6d97-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'll be posting a video for proof in the impossible challenge thread to debunk its impossibility. Will edit the link here when I get to it.

Edit:

Last edited:
In case anyone struggling with the VGT race at Monza for the weekly challenges, here is how I won on my 3rd attempt (hard difficulty and no assists).

Ferrari VGT, lowest Power and ECU settings (buy the restrictor) and using RH tires, adding 165kg ballast.

The car handles like a dream, so RH tires will not affect your drive. What you need to do is NOT get stuck behind P6/7/8 when you catch up to them at the end of lap 2.

This is because the Ferrari battery sucks and you will depend on the handling and skill for the final 2.5 laps. Don't worry about the Peugeot or Suzuki fly past toward end of lap 3 - you will brake a lot later and accelerate out of corners much faster. Take back your place and keep moving forward 🙂

Won by about 5 seconds. Average lap time (exc lap 1) was about 1:45:9 in case it helps.

Those who also won with different cars, what was your strategy? Enjoyed the race and would do again with different cars 🙂
I used the Mazda LM55 Gr.1 for any race that I can't beat. This car actually can beat all kinds of races and it amazes me. I didn't change the gearing, so everybody is pulling away or catching up to me on the main straight, but I only have to keep calm and pass the field on all corners. No tunning really, only restrict power down, RH tires, and more front downforce. Won with a very easy 3 sec gap.

I used the Mazda LM55 Gr.1 for any race that I can't beat. This car actually can beat all kinds of races and it amazes me. I didn't change the gearing, so everybody is pulling away or catching up to me on the main straight, but I only have to keep calm and pass the field on all corners. No tunning really, only restrict power down, RH tires, and more front downforce. Won with a very easy 3 sec gap.

OMG just tried it and it's like a cheat code 🤣 P2 still was like a rocket on the straights but he brakes so late I could've stopped for an espresso and sipped it peacefully and he still wouldn't have passed by 🤣

At first I was skeptical that this be done. Those enemy Jimnys are fast on the straight!

I spent nearly an hour trying to win. But I did finally manage it. Are you also on Hard difficulty?

View attachment 1324993View attachment 1324994View attachment 1324995

I'll be posting a video for proof in the impossible challenge thread to debunk its impossibility. Will edit the link here when I get to it.

Edit:

I believe I'm on normal difficulty. I've never messed with that setting. Admittedly I'm really really quick at LL in most any car. I have a knack. I know you are fast there as well. I've won every single A race this week I've entered in the dailies and I've lapped at least one racer every race. The last one I did I lapped two. 🤯

I saved my video and I'll share it. It was my first attempt and like I said it was NOT clean but I didn't wreck anyone. Just bumper cars through the second to last turn where the AI is slowest.

Back