Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,458 comments
1: Parts ticket - don't care
3: 200k - Ok
5: 5* ticket that will probably give me a drive shaft for a Civic

Bad week of prizes
I get what you mean about the 5* ticket prizes but even so, the best prizes for me are regular roulette tickets since it's the only way to get the Ferrari invitation I want. So this is more exciting to me than 500k, at least there is a chance with this!

I get what you mean about the 5* ticket prizes but even so, the best prizes for me are regular roulette tickets since it's the only way to get the Ferrari invitation I want. So this is more exciting to me than 500k, at least there is a chance with this!
fingers-crossed.gif

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Actually what will happen is you'll get the driveshaft and I'll get the Ferrari invite (to which I do not need). :lol:

I really want to love this game, but sometimes PD doesn't want it. That's what it seems like most of the time.

This week's selection is enough reason to think that the "Weekly Challenges" feature is anything but wasted potential.
weekly challenges are a random collection of 5 races, some good, some bad... seems a little overcritical to suggest that PD deliberately sets out to make you (or anyone else) dislike the game because (presumably) you don't like this weeks races ? :confused:

Weekly challenges are the thing thats keeping me coming back. I play (several games) here and there throughout any given week. The introduction of the weeklies were a welcome, new, reason to open GT7 again. I think I'm enjoying it more now than ever. The weeklies encourage me to drive different cars on different circuits, compared to the credit grind that game had descend into for me, last year. I just hope they keep the challenges coming with more diverse car/track combo's.

Last edited:
weekly challenges are a random collection of 5 races, some good, some bad... seems a little overcritical to suggest that PD deliberately sets out to make you (or anyone else) dislike the game because (presumably) you don't like this weeks races ? :confused:
Not only because "I don't like" the races or someone else here doesn't either, but because its potential is wasted in repetition: a VGT race at Monza just like one of the current TTs, and a Jimny race a week later after its release. Highly likely a good bunch of players already bought the car and completed the Cup or given the fact the PD is able to create new events weekly, so.... Why don't they create a whole batch of 5 new races? To keep players interested and the game fresh?

But again.... It may be only me who doesn't like repetition or poor choices. The way I see, PD has the option and means to do more with this feature. But for any reason, they don't.

I really want to love this game, but sometimes PD doesn't want to walk the extra mile. Instead they go through the lazy path.

Some tips for anybody who didn't finish the Jimny Cup races. You'll want to modify yours to keep up with the competition on the main straight.

The Genesis X we just got easily comes in P1 at Monza without modification. That is, after you get used to driving it. The Online TT currently featured has helped here.

Some tips for anybody who didn't finish the Jimny Cup races. You'll want to modify yours to keep up with the competition on the main straight.

The Genesis X we just got easily comes in P1 at Monza without modification. That is, after you get used to driving it. The Online TT currently featured has helped here.
So what you're saying is I can't win? 😂

So what you're saying is I can't win? 😂
For sure you can! :lol:

I did it yesterday for practice. It was a pretty easy win. Even against the enemy Genesis X that starts up front.

Somewhat off topic, but I also ran the Genesis X at Le Mans. Even adjusting the power limiter, ballast and ECU, the only way I could get under 700 PP was to run the full wet rain tires. The Sport Soft tires are such a mismatch on that car.

For sure you can! :lol:

I did it yesterday for practice. It was a pretty easy win. Even against the enemy Genesis X that starts up front.

Somewhat off topic, but I also ran the Genesis X at Le Mans. Even adjusting the power limiter, ballast and ECU, the only way I could get under 700 PP was to run the full wet rain tires. The Sport Soft tires are such a mismatch on that car.
Horrible! I'm usually pretty good with ragged cars. Totally consider it ragged. No balance and just too much for those tires but I can't make it fast. I get about a tenth or two if I'm lucky per session.

Anyway, I love the Jimny and already did the LL race for it but that thing is a weapon in snow and excellent for those who don't feel comfortable with that track. It's a great one to figure out the control it takes there, imo. Just enough power to be fun but you can hammer and not get into too much trouble with it either.

Last edited:
I'm surprised PD hasn't created a Sophy race for the weeklys. The current sophy races are really limited. Limited tracks and only 3 laps. Why only 3 laps? Can sophy not race longer than that? Give us a 5 or 10 lap Sophy race. That would be awesome!

Not only because "I don't like" the races or someone else here doesn't either, but because its potential is wasted in repetition: a VGT race at Monza just like one of the current TTs, and a Jimny race a week later after its release. Highly likely a good bunch of players already bought the car and completed the Cup or given the fact the PD is able to create new events weekly, so.... Why don't they create a whole batch of 5 new races? To keep players interested and the game fresh?

But again.... It may be only me who doesn't like repetition or poor choices. The way I see, PD has the option and means to do more with this feature. But for any reason, they don't.

I really want to love this game, but sometimes PD doesn't want to walk the extra mile. Instead they go through the lazy path.
I fully second you on this opinion. Not asking 5 special events each week (but that could be a thing), but a bit more creativity would not hurt.

Of these 5 races, one is exclusive, one was added last week, and 2 were added in the Spec 2 update which means 4 out of 5 are completely new to me. I've been generally leaving the new races since Spec 2 until they come round in the Weekly Challenges.

If, however, you run the new races as soon as they're released, I can understand the frustration with only 1 new race per week.

I really want to love this game, but sometimes PD doesn't want it. That's what it seems like most of the time.

This week's selection is enough reason to think that the "Weekly Challenges" feature is anything but wasted potential.

I can see the point of the doubling up being disappointing but to suggest its done deliberately to make you (or anyone else) dislike the game is an odd viewpoint to take.

I can see the point of the doubling up being disappointing but to suggest its done deliberately to make you (or anyone else) dislike the game is an odd viewpoint to take.
In the posts you are quoting I see users saying that PD is wasting potential, not that PD deliberately intend to make them dislike the game.

As always, it is frustrating to see how little effort they make to take advantage of the good base which is there. It is not as if setting up more creative weeklies would take much more time. Any lambda player is able to set up better custom events.

1: Parts ticket - don't care
3: 200k - Ok
5: 5* ticket that will probably give me a drive shaft for a Civic

Bad week of prizes
You'll also get that Civic driveshaft from the parts ticket.
We got the Jimny last week, and the Jimny cup, I wonder if there are players who did not do the cup, that's close to offer to do it again.

Tesla 😴

WTC 600 Tokyo Expressway CCW ok.

VGT Monza ??? There is already a VGT TT on Monza right now, do they need ideas ? That's not this week that we won't say they lack creativity... and I find that quite funny that they display the VGT that nobody has on the thumbnail...

WTC 700 MP ok.
Usually people are whining about launch-day races in the Weekly Challenges. I'm surprised that a majority of this week's Challenges are items added no earlier than the last content update, and that the oldest is the dry (non-grindy) Tokyo WTC 600.
I'm surprised PD hasn't created a Sophy race for the weeklys. The current sophy races are really limited. Limited tracks and only 3 laps. Why only 3 laps? Can sophy not race longer than that? Give us a 5 or 10 lap Sophy race. That would be awesome!
Then what do you do for the PS4 crowd, as their hardware is (supposedly) too slow to run Sophy?

If 5 star ticket rolls rich, then week is ok.
Not too thrilled with track selection, looking forward to races 1 and 5.
Monza could also be fun if car behaves well.

No no no sir.... Never meant to say PD is making me or someone else dislike the game on purpose.

When I say "I really want to love the game" I say the game it's great tech wise. As a contrast when I say something like "PD doesn't want my love" I mean they are not making the best of the game, by taking the lazy path and not making the best of the game's potential it is hard to stay in love with the game. Sometimes it's even hard to defend GT7 in some aspects....

And after all.... Who am I or anybody here to be a target fron PD? In a way they make the game bad just to tease me or someone else....

Latest Posts

Back