Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
Fully tuned R4...I love that race already!(as long the rivals got the full tune-up as well....)
Mine is still stock.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240307135358.jpg

I'm hoping for a "stock car race", honestly. 4 minutes per lap ... :lol:

Fully tuned R4...I love that race already!(as long the rivals got the full tune-up as well....)
Mine is still stock.

View attachment 1334823

I'm hoping for a "stock car race", honestly. 4 minutes per lap ... :lol:
Yeah, as a general rule it's a race for standard vehicles. The regs say it's you against 7 AI, and a custom race set up like that with standard cars and Beginner AI is worth 20k a lap.

Yeah, as a general rule it's a race for standard vehicles. The regs say it's you against 7 AI, and a custom race set up like that with standard cars and Beginner AI is worth 20k a lap.
Oh, I got this wrong then...in the discription it says "...in any state of tune..." , so I misinterpreted that and was thinking the AI will come in any state of tune as well...
Have to find other races for my racing machine then...

Still good selection of races this week!

Oh, I got this wrong then...in the discription it says "...in any state of tune..." , so I misinterpreted that and was thinking the AI will come in any state of tune as well...
That's just the player race restrictions. There are none other than the car.

Be warned about the 600pp European Clubman race at Suzuka.

Gallo is running an Alfa Romeo on Sports Hards that is basically 700pp. He will walk all over you on the straightaways if you insist on using a 600pp car. Most of the other opponents are the usual slow, and they block. A lot. Half the time they slow down Gallo enough for you to catch him though... 600pp is a suggestion here rather than a requirement for a reason.

Feel zero guilt for bringing your most bugged, overpowered "600pp" machines. Otherwise, consider your 700pp+ Le Mans grind builds, but re-tuned for maximum acceleration and cornering.

This is on hard mode. I'm not sure if Gallo cheats less in the other modes.

Gallo is running an Alfa Romeo on Sports Hards that is basically 700pp. He will walk all over you on the straightaways if you insist on using a 600pp car. Most of the other opponents are the usual slow, and they block. A lot. Half the time they slow down Gallo enough for you to catch him though... 600pp is a suggestion here rather than a requirement for a reason.

Feel zero guilt for bringing your most bugged, overpowered "600pp" machines. Otherwise, consider your 700pp+ Le Mans grind builds, but re-tuned for maximum acceleration and cornering.

I can vouch for Gallo. I play in normal mode and he does what he does in the Alfa. He did it to me in the last one at Suzuka.

Exactly. See my post on the previous page talking about the same thing. After running it three <600PP cars I gave in and went to a 650PP AMG Black.

Since this week takes us there again it might be a good reference for some.

Yes the Alfa is kind of too much above the melee.
Once you know, you know...
But beware there is some times where is position in the field makes him far from dangerous.
You have to be exposed once to fully understand how much it is frustrating instead of challenging to face that situation.

I am all about close race with AI but having too much level disparity makes it a bother when it is a grind from last to first... old chase the hare style

I plan to just do three events in this next set, namely the Renault 4 one-make, the European Clubman Cup race at Suzuka (which I think was just added in the most recent update) and the Ferrari Circuit Challenge race at Catalunya. If I get a clean P1 for all three, that's 322.5k credits, plus there's the 250k from completing three challenges, making me a total of 572.5k credits. I'll gladly take that, too, as I'm hoping to nab the Ferrari 330 P4 that's in the LCD this weekend despite having a little over 14m credits at the moment. That said, I'm gonna be getting 2m from getting into gold range for the online time trial at Grand Valley South Reverse, plus the possibility of over 3.15m for my performance in the GTWS Exhibition Series Season 3 Nations Cup.

If I do absolutely nothing else, I should be acquiring over 5,722,500 credits by Sunday morning, which still puts me out by a little under 300k, but that should be easy. I still had some rounds of either Super Formula or the WTC 900 I haven't touched yet, plus I still haven't really worked on my last remaining Bonus Menu focusing on the X2019 Nations Cup. On top of that, I'd be surprised if I don't win even the slightest bit of credits from various daily workout tickets. I also have a six-star ticket I've yet to collect from the Lamborghini-themed Extra Menu, so that could potentially get me a nice sum of credits as well.

It's just that the 330 P4 is the last of the three cars I need for the trophy, so I suppose it'd be nice if I could finally add one to my collection. I'm not worried about making another 20m for the other similarly-priced legendary cars, either, even though I don't plan to grind at all - I'll likely still get tons of credits from online time trials and championship rankings, especially since I recall that the actual GTWS events and GR Cup have notably higher payouts than the Exhibition Series.

EDIT: For both the Ferrari Circuit Challenge and the European Clubman Cup, I plan to used a tuned 458 Italia. Even though there's only an enforced PP limit on the former event, I wanna see how the car does when set to around 600PP for the latter.

Last edited:
Can't wait for 911 GT3 RS/Civic/Radical tomorrow :D

PD is washed up, so unimaginative smh my head. It is sarcasm, Famine.

Last edited:
Haven't had a go yet, but I'm thinking:

Renault R4 (little choice there...) with a very mild tune.
Alfa Giulia GTAm
Ferrari 458 Italia
BMW M4, or maybe the E92 M3...
Porsche 919

Keep it all euro this week.
One of the Group Cs might be better for Daytona (and more fun) if you've got one.
I seem to remember having a good time in that race with the Jaaaaag XJR-9.

The Gr.1 race at Daytona is no joke either. Make sure you have a good pit strategy, or you won't win.
I recall clearing it with a Hyundai N2025 VGT Gr.1 - and I think it helps to have the general difficulty set to normal rather than hard. Not that you get anything for setting it to the latter - not even bragging rights, so I take no shame in simply having it set to normal. Besides, I've always found the real challenge to be in Sport Mode, anyway.

I think it helps to have the general difficulty set to normal rather than hard. Not that you get anything for setting it to the latter - not even bragging rights, so I take no shame in simply having it set to normal.
Not to mention that the game rubberbands in many cases so heavily that a quick driver on Normal faces AI doing faster laps than a mediocre driver on Hard. This was very apparent a couple of weeks ago with the American Clubman 700 race at Bathurst, I'm on Normal and the AI C8 did a total time nearly ten seconds faster than in the case of my friend who uses Hard, but is three to four seconds per lap slower than me.

This week looks like a lot of hard work (49 minutes estimated for somebody of my limited speed) and not a lot of post-race-introduction content (beyond the one-make, I've seen just the Porsche 959 in the St. Croix Schwarzwald race in early YouTube videos) for not a lot of reward (865,000 Cr. for clean wins, with 3 high-difficulty races, plus a car that might be worth less than 250,000 Cr. and most likely right around 500,000 Cr. on the secondary market). PD could easily have skipped this week as well.

3 random thoughts for this week's challenges:

1) I'm thrilled to hear I wasn't the only one stumped by that bogus green Alfa Romeo. It would be a pretty fun event if you didn't have to start 40 seconds behind him. And since I decided to hammer it out last week after the update, now I get to do it again! :lol:

2) For what it's worth, I found the Renault R4 to be quite fun at ~350 PP or whatever I tuned mine to.

3) The 6* car ticket might be my favorite ticket prize. Even if I only get a "low-end" car (e.g. one of the ugly VGTs that I'll sell for 500k), I'd rather get that than another crankshaft for a safety car I don't own, another Aston Martin invitation, or another copy of an engine I've already installed in everything that can get it. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I think it helps to have the general difficulty set to normal rather than hard. Not that you get anything for setting it to the latter - not even bragging rights, so I take no shame in simply having it set to normal.
Some of us want the full challenge at all times. I could set the difficulty lower, but I would personally feel like I'm cheating myself. Same thing goes for using any aid besides ABS. I know im not the only one who feels this way.

I lowered difficulty once to normal for the SF Fuji race and felt like a chump because it became too easy, so I went back and grinded it on difficult until I won it.

While i agree that everyone should race their own way, many of us see this much differently than this... in GT7 and many other things.

Some of us want the full challenge at all times. I could set the difficulty lower, but I would personally feel like I'm cheating myself. Same thing goes for using any aid besides ABS. I know im not the only one who feels this way.

I lowered difficulty once to normal for the SF Fuji race and felt like a chump because it became too easy, so I went back and grinded it on difficult until I won it.

While i agree that everyone should race their own way, many of us see this much differently than this... in GT7 and many other things.
I like a good challenge, too, but I think when it especially comes to racing games, that's where you may want to start competing against other humans - whether that's in a championship or an online time trial. Plus I find it a real fun way to make tons of credits at a decent pace.

Last edited:
I like a good challenge, too, but I think when it especially comes to racing games, that's where you may want to start competing against other humans - whether that's in a championship or an online time trial. Plus I find it a real fun way to make tons of credits at a decent pace.
I'm as A/S driver in sport and go for sub 2% times in the TTs, but don't always have the time for it, so these weeklies and stuff do take up a fair amount of my GT7 time. Even though they are far from racing real people and the AI is typically ridiculous, I do like them to present as much of a fight as possible.

Last edited:
Back