Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,628 comments
Tried the Ferrari event with my beloved 308 GTB '75, but despite gaining on leader every lap, race was not long enough to catch him. Was Benedetti with a Tributo '19, on normal difficulty.
1901d28bdce6-screenshotUrl.jpg

Went again, this time with my 458 Gr.4 but was too easy, despite it being a bit lower than Max PP and nearly 400 HP less than the Tributo.
1901d28fe7193-screenshotUrl.jpg

Edit : last event done and dusted with my Audi RS5, was pretty easy, despite not being my favorite track at all. 6* brought 500k, so the minimum.

Last edited:
Not the cleanest race, but oh my what an absolute blast. The car is 15 ish pp below the recommended. I think I can get a CRB but I didn't have the time to explore it more. Super fun time though. Highly recommend this car for this race. I'm not home to double check but I think it's only SS Tires to get the pp where it is.

Not the cleanest race, but oh my what an absolute blast. The car is 15 ish pp below the recommended.
You should specify what car you used, this can motivate more people to watch your vid if it is a car they are interested in. Not sure many people are able to recognize the car just by looking at the cockpit in the video thumbnail 😊

Not the cleanest race, but oh my what an absolute blast. The car is 15 ish pp below the recommended. I think I can get a CRB but I didn't have the time to explore it more. Super fun time though. Highly recommend this car for this race. I'm not home to double check but I think it's only SS Tires to get the pp where it is.

What tires are you using? The GT350 seems quite tame compared to the Boss 429 I used for this race (I was on SS tires).

Messy first half, but I got it in the end
  • European Sunday Cup - Mini Cooper S (2nd)
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • American FR Challenge - Shelby GT350R 🔰
  • Ferrari Challenge - Enzo 🔰
  • WTC800 - Lexus LF-LC VGT 🔰
Rewards:
  • Porsche Invitation from 4-Star Daily
  • 500k from 6-Star Ticket

I used the Ruf for the 1st race. I have never driven it in GT7 and it's a really good ride stock form. The A110 was actually pretty fun at Barcelona. I actually got in a really good grove there. I took the C1 to Road Atlanta and it was fun sliding through the first sections of the track. I used the F50 for Ferrari Challenge since I have used the LaFearrari , FXX in the past. While the F50 is not as fast as those cars I think I had more fun driving it than the other two. For the last race in my mind this was a no fuel, no tire wear race even though I saw that it was in my mind it wasn't. So with that in mind I use the MC20 at FM1 and barely got through one lap while driving a bajillion miles/hr 🤣 . So one it dawned on me when I saw the 0.8 laps of fuel left 🤣. So I quit and switched to the GT1. I ended up with a 6 ⭐ for the marathon and the prize for the WC. Both of them gave me 500k cr so It was not bad for about an hour. Plus I drove some cars I have used in awhile

I just did the latter two races for the six-star ticket, and got me the Italdesign VGT Street Mode, which I didn't have already, so it's certainly nice to have effectively saved myself 1m credits.

I used my LaFerrari for the Ferrari Circuit Challenge, on Sport Mediums and with minor changes to the power limiter and ballast to get it just under 700 PP. By the time I was crossing the finish on the last lap, I lapped a Dino 246 that was in last. For the WTC 800 round at Le Mans, I just used the same Corvette Gr.3 that you get via the missions - mine now has over 2k miles on it - on Racing Mediums, but more importantly, with the fuel map cranked all the way up to 6. In doing so, I only needed to pit once, at the end of lap 3. Wasn't much of a contest, frankly. At any rate, I got the CRB for both events.

On a side note, I really do wonder if/when PD will add a race at Le Mans featuring Gr.1 cars? It could be a round of the Gr.1 Prototype Series, or it could be in the form of a new mission.

Way back when I started playing this game much more seriously than I have I remember using the 458 a bunch and loving it. Somewhere along the line I moved along but I tried it (road car) for the Ferrari race and wow that thing is just a menace. Great car at Maggiore. Seems like a cheat code. The pp is lower than suggested too.

Hey everyone, I've found some time to post ... between the UEFA Euro 2024 matches. :lol:

Race 1
Car : Volvo V40 T5 '13
Upgrades : SM tires / high range turbo / racing ECU / otherwise stock settings
PP : 505,80
Had a hard time with the Volvo. Tried the race with the Urus for fun - it's a quicker car at less PP.
It got annoying that AI pace seems to adapt and increase to whatever car you bring.

Race 2
Car : Alpine A110 '17
Upgrades : SS tires / mid range turbo / otherwise stock settings
PP : 558,75
First drive in the Alpine, I liked it - although there's some strange turn in behavior when equipped with SS tires.
AI pace has been as annoying as in Race 1.

Race 3
Car : Ford Shelby GT350R '16
Upgrades : none / power restrictor at 70 % / otherwise stock settings
PP : 533,00
Easy race, easy win. Anyone noticed the Sierra Cosworth ? Felt like racing Gallo's Giulia.
Since RA is such a fantastic track, I also did the race with a Praiano tuned Super Bee. What a blast !

Race 4
Car : Ferrari Dino 246 '71
Upgrades : actually quite a lot / Praiano tuned / N2O ( not used )
PP : 646,65
We had the exact same race recently - nothing new at Lake Maggiore.
Doesn't matter though - the Dino is a real pleasure to drive and has become one of my go to cars.

Race 5
Car : Nissan GT-R GT500 '99
Upgrades : RM tires / high range turbo / otherwise stock settings
PP : 771,00
I did a one stop race, pitting after lap 3. I was in the lead already at the time, fell behind Miyazono but regained P1
on Hunaudieres. The rest was a cake walk.

Achieved CRB s everywhere except Le Mans as I couldn't avoid an Audi that parked at the apex of Tertre Rouge. :rolleyes:

Some race impressions :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240614180452.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240615181024.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240615205143.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240616142345.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240616150343.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240616194422.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I've found some time to post ... between the UEFA Euro 2024 matches. :lol:

Race 1
Car : Volvo V40 T5 '13
Upgrades : SM tires / high range turbo / racing ECU / otherwise stock settings
PP : 505,80
Had a hard time with the Volvo. Tried the race with the Urus for fun - it's a quicker car at less PP.
It got annoying that AI pace seems to adapt and increase to whatever car you bring.

Race 2
Car : Alpine A110 '17
Upgrades : SS tires / mid range turbo / otherwise stock settings
PP : 558,75
First drive in the Alpine, I liked it - although there's some strange turn in behavior when equipped with SS tires.
AI pace has been as annoying as in Race 1.

Race 3
Car : Ford Shelby GT350R '16
Upgrades : none / power restrictor at 70 % / otherwise stock settings
PP : 533,00
Easy race, easy win. Anyone noticed the Sierra Cosworth ? Felt like racing Gallo's Giulia.
Since RA is such a fantastic track, I also did the race with a Praiano tuned Super Bee. What a blast !

Race 4
Car : Ferrai Dino 246 '71
Upgrades : actually quite a lot / Praiano tuned / N2O ( not used )
PP : 646,65
We had the exact same race recently - nothing new at Lake Maggiore.
Doesn't matter though - the Dino is a real pleasure to drive and has become one of my go to cars.

Race 5
Car : Nissan GT-R GT500 '99
Upgrades : RM tires / high range turbo / otherwise stock settings
PP : 771,00
I did a one stop race, pitting after lap 3. I was in the lead already at the time, fell behind Miyazono but regained P1
on Hunaudieres. The rest was a cake walk.

Achieved CRB s everywhere except Le Mans as I couldn't avoid an Audi that parked at the apex of Tertre Rouge. :rolleyes:

Some race impressions :

View attachment 1365652View attachment 1365653
View attachment 1365654View attachment 1365655
View attachment 1365656View attachment 1365657

:cheers:
The reason I didn't get a CRB was that stupid Merkur (that's what they were called here in the States, for those who didn't know). He's got long legs that these old girls just can't compete with when that big turbo starts spitting. I had to cheat a little and block him at the start of the long uphill so he couldn't get a jump.

Hmm, the rubberbanding seems to be much more pronounced than I ever remember. Feels a bit like a slow roll out of Sophie more so than the normal AI rubberbanding from the game's launch. That Alpine race was interesting. Totally stock I could hit 6th place. Added wide offset on factory wheels, otherwise stock, I could get 5th about 4.5 seconds behind the leader. Added SM tires and ran 2+ seconds per lap faster than on SH tires and could only get 3rd as the lead AI just increased their pace on the last lap to 4-5 seconds faster than their previous laps. Not that these are bad races, but the AI is very inconsistent in how they race around the track, especially when you get close to them. Maybe that is a good thing? Obviously, there is a threshold to the rubberbanding, but if you get close to what their max pace is, you can have some fun races.

The reason I didn't get a CRB was that stupid Merkur (that's what they were called here in the States, for those who didn't know). He's got long legs that these old girls just can't compete with when that big turbo starts spitting. I had to cheat a little and block him at the start of the long uphill so he couldn't get a jump.
I had a similar situation yesterday when I used the Shelby. I think it was lap 3 and I was in 4th and caught up to the three. Cosworth was in first and they were all close to each other. It seems as soon as I caught up to them, he all of a sudden just boosted and left the other two behind. Caught up with him on the last lap and won it but it was only by less than half a second.

Ugh, got a friggin Delorean from my 6-star ticket. Already got one and will only get pocket change if I sell it. I would rather take the 500 in cash that most of you got.

Insert optional ”Worst game ever”, ”this game sucks”, ”not gonna touch this game ever again”, ”Kaz is out of touch with the player fanbase” or ”PD why u ruining my life” etcetera as per ushe.

On the plus side of things, I finally know where to put one of my two spare carbon Delorean-drive shafts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, got a friggin Delorean from my 6-star ticket. Already got one and will only get pocket change if I sell it. I would rather take the 500 in cash that most of you got.

Insert optional ”Worst game ever”, ”this game sucks”, ”not gonna touch this game ever again”, ”Kaz is out of touch with the player fanbase” or ”PD why u ruining my life” etcetera as per ushe.

On the plus side of things, I finally know where to put one of my two spare carbon Delorean-drive shafts!
It’s a fun car swapped.

Not getting along with Catalunya for some reason, really, I hate that track, I slapped some RS tyres on the stock Alpine and… won, but it wasn’t any fun at all. Was my first Weekly Challenge and they’re good fun, though I rather prefer coming in second and having had a brilliant race.

Now that this year's running of Le Mans is done and the disappointment that Penske Porsche did not get a podium spot faded, I found time to do the weekly races.
I used the Alpine (engine swapped) for two of the races and the others are pictured below.
1902ab379208-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_439980804189013_1718675016363.jpg

Also got this from the ☆☆☆☆☆☆ ticket.
1902ab3a4b09-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_439980806181938_1718675024148.jpg

Got back from my holiday yesterday and had time to try out a few laps at La Sarthe in the about-to-expire time trial, then hopped onto the Weeklies.

My cars for this:
  • European Sunday Cup 500 - Mercedes-Benz 190 E
  • Alpine A110 One-Make - Alpine A110 '17
  • American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C3)
  • Ferrari Circuit Challenge - Ferrari F50
  • World Touring Car 800 - Porsche 917 Living Legend

The European Sunday Cup was a struggle in the old Mercedes. I attempted it three times. First run I finished 4th, on SH tyres, and decided to use my winnings to buy some SS tyres. Second attempt I came much closer but the two leading cars had much more pace on the straights, even if I was able to close down the gap massively through the middle of the lap. I finished third, so I used my winnings to fit a racing manifold and brake pads. The third and final attempt was much the same as the second, so I ended up leaving this one as a third-place best attempt. I don't want to modify the 190 E too much, until I can grab another from the LCD...

The Alpine race was easy, seeing as my only A110 is fairly well tuned. Took the lead on lap 3 and held on to win easily by over 6s.

It turns out at some stage I fitted RH tyres to my Corvette C3, so this race was simple! Very messy, but simple win.

Finally drove my F50 I bought ages ago! (Despite buying another from the LCD last night anyway!). Absolutely loved driving this gem of a car. Fitted SS tyres and blitzed through the field, winning by a small margin over the 458.

The WTC 800 in the 917 Living Legend was a bit of a non-event. It's fast enough to destroy all the other cars on the straights while running on FM=6 and short shifting at 5,500RPM for a no-stop race. Even with a couple of ridiculous mistakes (while drifting off to another planet on the straights forgetting about the chicanes...) I won by well over 1 minute.

From the rewards I got the standard 100k, 200k and then 500k from the 6-star ticket.

Back