Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,378 comments
Just done the race at Lagune, have the sausage kerbs always been there on the corners? Ive not raced there for ages but never noticed them, maybe never cut the corners that muck. šŸ˜„
Yup always been there. I've flipped an AE86 at T10. lol

I started this week's races in my usual reverse order on hard difficulty.

RACE 5 - WTC700 at Laguna Seca
I was in NO mood to fight with the AI after seeing them casually run WTC600 events 10-20 seconds faster while all my builds got a Power Penalty (the other meaning of PP).

I dug my R92CP-swapped R33 out from a dark corner of my garage, adjusted the tune, fitted Racing Hards and aimed for a no stop run. Fuel Map 1 all the way.

The tire wear was much better than I had expected.
R5 - R33 - Beauty Shot.jpg
R5 - r33 - Results.jpg

RACE 4 - Hypercar Parade at Interlagos
I called on my hero car, the '72 Alpine A110 for another round of physics testing. The car had every upgrade with Racing Softs at 663pp (331hp / 1552 lbs ~ 703kg)

I run maxed out cars for this event because my goal is to crush the Aston Martin Vulcan, which has Gr.3 aero, 800hp and Racing Hards.

I didn't notice until the end of the race that the Vulcan was absent!

Easy victory, despite my sloppy, over-aggressive driving.

R4 - A11072 - RS - 2.jpg
R4 - A11072 - RC - 1.jpg
R4 - A11072 - Results.jpg

RACE 3 - Special Event - Gallardo One-Make at Sardegna - B
Inspired by others here, I tried the Gallardo with Sports Soft tires as the only upgrade.

I was caught out by how much of a top speed advantage I had over the AI. The AI appear to be following the PP System more strictly and seem to be sacrificing power for aero and braking upgrades. The hardest part of this was understanding the car.

To me, the Gallardo felt like a much more twitchy, inconsistent and less refined first generation Audi R8. I felt the AWD aspect, but it was difficult for me to exploit.

Fun Fact: Sports Soft tires alone are enough to raise the Gallardo's PP rating from the stock 614 to 661. šŸ™„

R3se - Gallardo - RS.jpg
R3se - Gallardo - Results.jpg

RACE 2 - 700pp Rally Event at Fisherman's Ranch
Feeling confident in the new physics, I called in my hero '72 Alpine once more. I restarted this race A LOT because I couldn't deal with AI placement. As I accepted that a clean race was impossible, I realized that I was often catching the leaders 3/4 through lap 1.

Despite being in specialized rally cars, the AI in this race were actually much slower than the 600pp Japanese crew from last week's event. Though once I got 1st place, 2nd place picked up their pace noticeably.

The bumps still tossed me around and the car still bogged down badly on corner exits because of weird traction issues; but despite being A LOT slower than the 600pp cars AWD cars I drove here last week, I was amazed that I could get this twitchy featherweight to even complete a lap.

Once again, I drove this event the most. (ā™ŖGo, go, Sega Rally...ā™Ŗ)

Send help:scared:

R2 - A11072 - Results.jpg
R2 - A11072 - RC2.jpg
R2 - A11072 - RC1.jpg

RACE 1 - Jimny Event at Eiger
I was exhausted and weary of what the new physics would do to the light, tall, narrow and short wheelbase swapped Jimny. To my surprise and delight, my overpowered Jimny felt great.

Once I realized I was NOT going to roll over and/or bounce into space, my several remaining brain cells woke up and asked: faster lap times?!

Without gear optimizations and on Sports Soft tires with the Low RPM Turbo, my unholy Jimny put down laps fast enough to beat the Circuit Experience gold time.

Fun Fact: My Jimny in its current form is still less than 550pp. Predictably, I went to the new WTC600 event at Road Atlanta to curb stomp the (now faster) cheater AI.

R1 - JimnySW - Results.jpg

Footage of the Jimny race could not be found.

Instead, here is a dramatic reenactment of how the driving felt:

Attachments

• R1 - JimnySW - RC.jpg
    R1 - JimnySW - RC.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3
Used the following vehicles this week
190f614541929-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

I enjoyed the Laguna Seca race I was able to use the Bvlgari on a no pit stop race. Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks so it was a good race.
The Eiger race was cool as well. Can't wait to take my kei cars there.
I still don't like Fisherman's Ranch but it seems like the new physics made it more tolerable
It took me a few laps to get a handle on the Lambo so I didn't win it just came in 2nd
Finally used the Valkyrie for an easy win.

That Lambo race is really interesting. The AI seem to be performing well below stock levels, my stock Gallardo completely obliterated them on the straights.
You then have the '2nd' group of Gallardos, which are tuned (but still slower than stock??) and then the Capa lambo, which seems to respond to your pace with presumably some omega boost.

Racing the Capa lambo was at least entertaining because of that though, I wouldn't mind a full grid of AI with that tier of boost if it at least can make racing AI somewhat engaging.

Last edited:
That Lambo race is really interesting. The AI seem to be performing well below stock levels, my stock Gallardo completely obliterated them on the straights.
You then have the '2nd' group of Gallardos, which are tuned (but still slower than stock??) and then the Capa lambo, which seems to respond to your pace with presumably some omega boost.

Racing the Capa lambo was at least entertaining because of that though, I wouldn't mind a full grid of AI with that tier of boost if it at least can make racing AI somewhat engaging.
Agree! I enjoyed that one.

My experience's been different. Used a full stock car too but barely could keep up with the opposition on the straights, most of them easily kept me behind. It's been racing as usual with the AI braking early, accelerating late, so it's been overtaking them through the turns. Which are btw a lot of fun as soon as you get the hang of the Gallardo on SH tires.
I reached the Capa car on the back straight of the final lap and passed when he was slowing down for that first high speed left kink. šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚

Last edited:
A bit rough this week:
  • Jimny Cup - šŸ”°
  • WRC - Audi S1 Quattro
  • Gallardo One-Make - šŸ”°
  • Hypercar Parade - Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
  • WTC700 - Mitsubishi Evo X Gr. 4

The rewards were a bit better...
  • 100k from 3-Star Daily (yesterday)
  • 10k from 4-Star Daily (today)

The new physics update and this weeks challenges are definitely hand in hand as they picked just the right cars, tracks, and conditions to highlight the newly adjusted physics.
Overall i think that the updated physics made the game better in that it has me re-learning how to brake properly and more delicate in my exits of turns as if I do not then i get loads of over-steer. As for the major complaint i have been reading and seeing in the YT videos is there is more under-steer in braking conditions, well that is something that is understandable because if you are braking, you will not be able to steer like you could. The front wheels can only do so much, if you are 90% braking at the time, you only have 10% for steering, hence you WILL have under-steer.
I read this somewhere in the recent posts about that everyone will need to re-learn how to trail brake properly since this update dropped and this weeks races will emphasize just this.
Now onto the main reason for this post, the races. well the update adjusted PP levels and such on most if not all the race-cars and had to reevaluate my choices for proper cars i can use to effectively win these race, no more picking an OP car to just breeze thru and make it too easy.
I chose cars closer to performance to edge over the AI to get the wins. Clean races took a hit this week as i did not have any i can honestly say were clean mainly because the re-learning to brake earlier NOT to hit the car in front of me (plenty times).
The one race i did and had a true learning experience was the two laps at Fishermans Lake
190f773cbb288-dcc18152E266106780F.315B375F96579043_message_440867015850515_1722136780666.jpg
and i learned that i cannot coast into the turns anymore as i will slide first the over-steer at apex and past, I had to keep the drive engaged somewhat to maintain equilibrium through the complete turn.
I am looking for more fun when i try to acquire the clean race bonuses.

Last edited:
Done them all this afternoon, things went better than expected with the new physics.

1) Jimny Cup @ Eiger Nordwand

I'm actually loving this track even though racing the Jimny in it wasn't really what I hoped for. Anyways I used my non swap, non wide one and it was a fun and well fought race, only managed to score 1st at the end of the last lap. CRB obtained too.

20970391596465703.jpg

2) World Rally Challenge @ Fisherman's Ranch

Kudos sent me here with the 205 T16, which I had only used once a long time ago. Turns out the car already had a medium rpm turbo but I only noticed that after the race so I had unexpected help. New physics helped a lot in rallying, making it a lot less wanky and much more enjoyable than before, it was actually fun for once! Managed to win as soon as I got the proper feeling with the 206, and also got a CRB!

20970835430691510.jpg

3) Gallardo Special @ Sardegna B

Hadn't been running this layout for ages and was always fighting the urge to flat it out after first corner, always ending up against the wall obviously. Used at first a stock Gallardo with SM tires and surprisingly I was already faster than the AI except for the Capa guy up ahead, who beat me by nothing mostly due to me messing things up. Eventually decided to buy the shaft and the titanium pistons and won in a breeze, the car was...different? Not the best feeling I've ever had in this game, this one probably needs some proper tuning to shine, I can say that brake bias at -3 plus LSD set very low changed it all and made it drivable. Also had to buy racing brakes since it just wasn't stopping.

20970122165932619.jpg

4) Hypercar Parade @ Interlagos

Once again the RNG god's sent me to a Hypercar event with the FXX-K; I had read on the internet that the new update bugged it terribly and made it undrivable so I was ready, but turns out - I found it even more monstrous than before. The car had the Praiano tune from pre-patch, all I did was stiffen up the front and add some initial LSD and it ate the competition alive, by the end of lap 2 I was already passing the leading XJ220 on the Arqibancadas and went onwards to win by a minute or so, and also managed to never run out of hybrid battery. Of anything, this car is broken in the opposite way.

20970642336520996.jpg

5) WTC 700 @ Laguna Seca

So for this race Kudosprime told me to use the 650S Gr.4 which I had to buy, it's just a mere 450k that I'd get back just by completing this event. Finding a tune was obviously near to impossible so I simply decided to put RM tires plus mid range turbo and drive it as is, and it was a wonderful drive! This car is already fantastic from the start, if not for my usual concentration problems this would've been a CRB victory on the very first attempt. Magnificent vehicle, and loving this circuit! Except for those stupid kerbs on the inside of almost every corner that send you flying in the air, I wonder how can such a thing be allowed in real life due to safety reasons.

20970388024577045.jpg

Digging this update so far honestly, things have changed and I need to get back used to the game but that's nothing new, it has happened before and will probably happen again.

A change of physics always drives me nervous guys but things definitely went way smoother than expected. Smooth enough to get the CRBs everywhere except Interlagos. :lol: There's a couple of aspects to adapt to ( isn't that the job of a driver ? ) but overall it's been a clear change for the better imo.
Improvements got most obvious at the Rally event, driving got controllable and thus more predictable - great.

Ok, so here's my results and some basic specs.

Race 1
Jimny XC : CS tires, fully adj. ECU / 301,45 PP / N2O used !!! / everything else stock

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727170633.jpgGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727160854.jpg

Race 2
Impreza Rally Car : Dirt tires / 515,65 PP / full stock

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727183212.jpgGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727175949.jpg

Race 3
Gallardo LP560 : SH tires, power restrictor at 85 percent / 604,55 PP / full stock

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727193953.jpgGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727185633.jpg

Race 4
RGT 4.2 : SM tires / 647,25 PP / full stock

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727223135.jpgGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240727215947.jpg

Race 5
GT-R GT500 : RH tires, added ballast to match restriction / 700,00 PP / full stock

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240728122002.jpgGran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240728112028.jpg

Now that the races are done there's one thing left : the Eiger CE ! Really looking forward to some time trialing. :D

Last edited:
A change of physics always drives me nervous guys but things definitely went way smoother than expected. Smooth enough to get the CRBs everywhere except Interlagos. :lol: There's a couple of aspects to adapt to ( isn't that the job of a driver ? ) but overall it's been a clear change for the better imo.
Improvements got most obvious at the Rally event, driving got controllable and thus more predictable - great.

Ok, so here's my results and some basic specs.

Race 1
Jimny XC : CS tires, fully adj. ECU / 301,45 PP / N2O used !!! / everything else stock

View attachment 1376329View attachment 1376330

Race 2
Impreza Rally Car : Dirt tires / 515,65 PP / full stock

View attachment 1376332View attachment 1376333

Race 3
Gallardo LP560 : SH tires, power restrictor at 85 percent / 604,55 PP / full stock

View attachment 1376334View attachment 1376335

Race 4
RGT 4.2 : SM tires / 647,25 PP / full stock

View attachment 1376336View attachment 1376337

Race 5
GT-R GT500 : RH tires, added ballast to match restriction / 700,00 PP / full stock

View attachment 1376338View attachment 1376339

Now that the races are done there's one thing left : the Eiger CE ! Really looking forward to some time trialing. :D
The Eiger CE is quite easy, even I managed to complete it quite easily and also managed to get gold on the single sectors at the first try. I can't do Catalunya and others so believe me when I say it is easy haha

Well not going to finish it this week, as travelling (again!) tomorrow for a week.

Anyone think the new physics has nerfed the rally cars??
Tried Fisherman's with 3 or 4 different rally cars that I used to be able to handle quite reasonably, and they're all over the place!

The Eiger CE is quite easy, even I managed to complete it quite easily and also managed to get gold on the single sectors at the first try. I can't do Catalunya and others so believe me when I say it is easy haha
Thanks for encouraging me.
However, I'm always targeting a gap in percent compared to the world top 1. That can be hard at times ... :crazy:

Thanks for encouraging me.
However, I'm always targeting a gap in percent compared to the world top 1. That can be hard at times ... :crazy:
Ah, that is indeed a different story. I'm happy as soon as my time is 0.001s below the gold time haha

Well not going to finish it this week, as travelling (again!) tomorrow for a week.

Tried Fisherman's with 3 or 4 different rally cars that I used to be able to handle quite reasonably, and they're all over the place!
It feels the complete opposite to me, rally cars are now drivable on the dirt unlike before.

Yeah quite the opposite. They drive like they really are on dirt now. Much much better. Significantly easier for me... I live on an actual dirt road and am not scared to drive fast on it. šŸ˜

Ran the weeklyā€™s:

Race 1 at Eiger: Ran the Jimny, of course. Needed an upgraded turbo, the computer and Sport hard tires to win this. Not sure I like this track. Itā€™s another narrow and difficult track to have any places to pass cleanly. The final switch back before you get to the straight is essentially a demolition derby. Maybe it is better on other cars.

Race 2 at Fishermanā€™s Ranch: Stock ā€˜98 Impreza Rally Car with dirt tires. 514.37pp. Easy first place. Did they nerf the AI in this race? They suggest 700pp for this race but the AI felt like it was driving around in 550pp cars. Iā€™m not that good of a driver and this was very easy to win.

Race 3 at Sardegna: Stock Lambo got 2nd place on my second try. For some reason my engine noise was going in and out and eventually stopped making any noise for the last 3 laps. Felt a bit like driving an EV. Anyway, the car felt very heavy and those poor Sport hard tires coming in to turn 1 are screaming for help. Braking was not so great and it really likes to understeer, so weight reduction and/or a tire upgrade are a must.

Race 4 at Interlagos: Stock Ferrari ā€œThe Ferrariā€. Completely overkill for this race and for this track. Easy 1st place with spin outs and general ā€œhooliganā€ driving. I really do not like this track at all. The first 2 turns are a major bummer after a nice long straight. Just puts me in a bad mood for the whole lap.

Race 5 at Laguna Seca: Tuned Nissan Silvia Touring Car. Ran a no stop race on RH tires and FM6. Won by 32 seconds. I love this car but I kind of hate this track. At least with the Gr.4 cars they arenā€™t too powerful for the track. Pretty much right on the cusp of maximum power for this track, IMO.

Last edited:
The good: I haven't tried that Gr.B race at Eiger yet. Now I have an excuse.
The bad: I'm running out undriven Silvias. I'll probably need to re-use a car I've already driven. Edit: Same for the Porsches.
The ugly: Parts and cars tickets again. Parts are worthless to me. Can only hope I get a car I don't already own.

Last edited:
Back