Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,496 comments
weekly-challenge-202409w3-cars.JPG

Ready to go. Disappointed that the only undriven car that I found for this week is the Gr.B Celica. Just picked the cars that have gone the longest without being driven for the rest.

It's not dependent on the time zone, but the time zone your console thinks it is. Have it set to UTC+12 and you can play when the Australians do.

Don't go mucking about with it too much though. Changing time zone manually prevents rewards - like those from the weekly challenges, or daily marathon - from dropping for at least the current set.
I didn't change anything, like @Lomic said, it was "old", current races - valid until midnight, 3.5hrs more from now.

I didn't change anything, like @Lomic said, it was "old", current races - valid until midnight, 3.5hrs more from now.
@Lomic was the one asking about playing the next set early, and my answer was to him. He may have quoted you originally, but I didn't and didn't even refer to you.

@Gogga was who pointed out that you were playing the previous set, but my response only pertained to playing the next set early and not whatever you were doing.

@Lomic was the one asking about playing the next set early, and my answer was to him. He may have quoted you originally, but I didn't and didn't even refer to you.

@Gogga was who pointed out that you were playing the previous set, but my response only pertained to playing the next set early and not whatever you were doing.
Yes, you are right, I swapped them.

I guess a weekly reset? Something "fresh"?

Gr.3 at Tokyo?
🌶️ race at Monza?
Kei cars at Lago?
Gr.1 Daytona?
Insert One Make race at Deep Forest?
Kinda close, but not. :lol:

At least some Kei car love and the Neo-Classic should be good. One/Mono Make at a legacy circuit ain't too bad. People are right about PD pushing Eiger though. I dig either direction. Love the fast section by the pits.

open yer bloody eyes mate...
My guess is @MineralBlurb7 forgot the </sarcasm> tag. It's been 3 whole weeks since we saw the cursed Eiger Norwand Reverse layout, and 7 weeks since we saw the WRC Gr.B Eiger Norwand event as part of the Weekly Challenges.

In fact, except for the Mono Special Event, all of the events are repeat challenges. That's the first time that's happened.
kjb
So since Eiger has been released has there been one week that it wasn't the WC. The weekly Challenge RNG algorithm needs to be reset I think 🤣
It's missed 3 weeks of 9 - week of 8/9 (August 2nd week), week of 8/23 (August 4th week), and week of 9/6 (September 1st week). It is the second time it has appeared 2 weeks in a row (the first was the first 2 weeks after it was added).

Last edited:
I hate the reverse Eiger so much.
Try it today before leave for work and quit since 6 sec penalty pitstop occurs, try it again with other car and pit on 5th lap though was 10 but is 12 laps
Run out of fuel pit again end up 7 😂 .
I have to do it again , hopefully it's a short one and am going to bring down all the fences around to end this torture.

Last edited:
IF I do this week's challenges the game will be in easy mode and I will bee in crash car mode😎
I understand the feeling, for the Mono event you may want to do it less quick and dirty though as it is quite enjoyable once you reminded yourself that this a powerful monoplace without aero 😅

It was close...

PD could have chosen another track than the one which is currently used for a TT though.

View attachment 1390569
Ready to go. Disappointed that the only undriven car that I found for this week is the Gr.B Celica. Just picked the cars that have gone the longest without being driven for the rest.
A challenging -- and at times frustrating -- set of races so far...

weekly-challenge-202409w3-r1.jpg

Yamagiwa - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67 - This took a couple attempts. On the first, I upgraded the tires to CS, but really struggled to even keep up with the other cars, let alone pass them. Finished second last. I installed all of the sport-level upgrades for my second attempt. That got me fast enough to work my way up the field for a P3 finish. Good enough for the first ticket.

weekly-challenge-202409w3-r2.jpg
Streets of Willow Springs - Daihatsu Copen '02 - My Copen was already heavily modified, but on my first attempt at this race I was only able to pull off a P8 finish. The car just couldn't compete. I made a few more upgrades -- notably a Bore Up -- and that seemed to give it enough oomph to close the gap to the leaders. Even then, I only a managed a P3 finish by a hair. Good enough for the second check mark.

weekly-challenge-202409w3-r3.jpg

Dragon Trail Seaside - BAC Mono '16 - This is a really fun combo, so much better than the X2019 we had here in the Nations Cup race a few weeks ago. No changes to the car since we had the Weekly Challenge at Brands Hatch, which I believe was only to SS tires. I managed to avoid being killed by the Death Chicken for a pretty easy win. Second ticket obtained.

weekly-challenge-202409w3-r4.jpg
Red Bull Ring - Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98 - The race was pretty straightforward. I ran it on RM tires and had no problem catching up to the leaders. Partway through the race, I got the idea that I might be able to make the fuel last to the end of the race so I started short shifting to save fuel. There was a brief spell of rain, but not enough to switch tires. By lap 7, I'd managed to save a fair bit of fuel, but it didn't look like it was going to be enough. I decided to play it safe and pitted for a splash. I came out in P3, but quickly caught up the leaders and regained the lead for an easy win. One more check mark achieved.

weekly-challenge-202409w3-r5.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95 -The Celica is not the car for this race -- at least not without some modification. I couldn't get past a single car. I did the race on RM tires. Pitted for fuel and tires on lap 5. Finished dead last, 45 seconds behind the winner. I didn't have time for another run so that will have to wait for later. Think I'll switch cars for my next attempt though.

A challenging -- and at times frustrating -- set of races so far...

View attachment 1390739
Yamagiwa - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67 - This took a couple attempts. On the first, I upgraded the tires to CS, but really struggled to even keep up with the other cars, let alone pass them. Finished second last. I installed all of the sport-level upgrades for my second attempt. That got me fast enough to work my way up the field for a P3 finish. Good enough for the first ticket.

View attachment 1390741Streets of Willow Springs - Daihatsu Copen '02 - My Copen was already heavily modified, but on my first attempt at this race I was only able to pull off a P8 finish. The car just couldn't compete. I made a few more upgrades -- notably a Bore Up -- and that seemed to give it enough oomph to close the gap to the leaders. Even then, I only a managed a P3 finish by a hair. Good enough for the second check mark.

View attachment 1390742
Dragon Trail Seaside - BAC Mono '16 - This is a really fun combo, so much better than the X2019 we had here in the Nations Cup race a few weeks ago. No changes to the car since we had the Weekly Challenge at Brands Hatch, which I believe was only to SS tires. I managed to avoid being killed by the Death Chicken for a pretty easy win. Second ticket obtained.

View attachment 1390744Red Bull Ring - Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98 - The race was pretty straightforward. I ran it on RM tires and had no problem catching up to the leaders. Partway through the race, I got the idea that I might be able to make the fuel last to the end of the race so I started short shifting to save fuel. There was a brief spell of rain, but not enough to switch tires. By lap 7, I'd managed to save a fair bit of fuel, but it didn't look like it was going to be enough. I decided to play it safe and pitted for a splash. I came out in P3, but quickly caught up the leaders and regained the lead for an easy win. One more check mark achieved.

View attachment 1390747Eiger Nordwand - Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95 -The Celica is not the car for this race -- at least not without some modification. I couldn't get past a single car. I did the race on RM tires. Pitted for fuel and tires on lap 5. Finished dead last, 45 seconds behind the winner. I didn't have time for another run so that will have to wait for later. Think I'll switch cars for my next attempt though.
Eiger is tough challenge and you need a powerful car to go through not to mention the pitstop penalties.
In my next attempt I'll go take no prisoners and blow up all the fences, walls and whatever 😂 .
I play in normal and the AI in front are already very quick and way in front, don't know at hard where they lap but in normal are 1.08-09 .
So you need a car under 1.07 definitely.

Eiger is tough challenge and you need a powerful car to go through not to mention the pitstop penalties.
In my next attempt I'll go take no prisoners and blow up all the fences, walls and whatever 😂 .
I play in normal and the AI in front are already very quick and way in front, don't know at hard where they lap but in normal are 1.08-09 .
So you need a car under 1.07 definitely.
I did it with the new WRX WRC car recently, with high RPM turbo. Walked it. Whatever car you choose, it'll need the max power possible.

Back