Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,937 comments
Cool, this 6* will complete my 6* collection currently waiting for a happy family picture

Bac Mono special event, cool too.

Why the picture you post is always so small ? I can barely read.

Again St. croissant???
Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Why the picture you post is always so small ?
The forum has a maximum image size it will display without resizing down to that size. The picture is that size.

Try Ctrl+ to zoom in? Or:

1729165228630.png

1729165285955.png

Last edited:
The forum has a maximum image size it will display without resizing. The picture is that size.
Your image is 800px wide while the forum can display 1000px wide images in posts ?

And wider images (1200px) can be viewed in a lightbox too.

So I am a bit surprised by your answer.
Try Ctrl+ to zoom in?
It just shows a bigger image, not a better quality.

Not a big deal, but I've never understood why those weekly events screen caps are so small

Suspicious Futurama GIF

I used to think that it was to limit the interest of stealing them for Twitter or else, but as long as they are watermarked with GTPlanet...

Last edited:
Your image is 800px wide while the forum can display 1000px wide images in posts ?

And wider images (1200px) can be viewed in a lightbox too.

So I am a bit surprised by your answer.
Here's 1280x720:

1729165940252.png

And 1000x563:

1729165969577.png

And 800x450:

1729165995001.png

And a screenshot of all three at once in my post:

1729166160886.png

It just shows a bigger image, not a better quality.
Yes, that's how zooming in works outside of TV cop shows.

They're crap quality because they're off a PS4. They start at 1920x1080, but then I have to crop the black borders off so they're about 1800x1024. I resize them to 1280x720 (and leave the watermark off) for the article, and post them in here in 800x450.

Here's a PS4-original-size shot of one event compared to a PS5-shrunk-to-match version:

1729166960272.png

I don't think it's hard to see the quality difference.

Personally, despite my advancing age and deteriorating vision, I can read all four of the events, work out what the Special is, and read the prizes on the 800x450 shot. I don't know what other information you'd need.

Can I get back to the articles now?

Last edited:
I used the LM55 but FM6. I'll have to give FM4 a go, but as I recall I didn't have much fuel left at the pit stops.
I think I was going about 7 laps or so I don't remember. I tried FM6 but I didn't feel like I had enough speed so I tried FM4 and I felt like I had enough speed with good fuel economy. There was a lot of short shifting so that probably helped

Well all the layout's of it are long and complex to do, that's why I try not to race there much. But when I see it in the Weekly challenge list, it is hard not to resist the temptation to complete the race held there.

This is a decent week. TBH any week w/o Eiger Reverse or Willow Springs is a good week 🤣 . I like when they don't give the car part ticket as well

Well I'm grinding the hell out of the BAC Mono Grand Valley race, I'm sure it's worth a handful of credits after getting the CRB.

Well I'm grinding the hell out of the BAC Mono Grand Valley race, I'm sure it's worth a handful of credits after getting the CRB.
It still isn't even half the rate from a sensible grind method, like WTC800 at Spa.

Back