Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,941 comments
Cool, this 6* will complete my 6* collection currently waiting for a happy family picture

Bac Mono special event, cool too.

Why the picture you post is always so small ? I can barely read.

Again St. croissant???
Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Why the picture you post is always so small ?
The forum has a maximum image size it will display without resizing down to that size. The picture is that size.

Try Ctrl+ to zoom in? Or:

1729165228630.png

1729165285955.png

Last edited:
The forum has a maximum image size it will display without resizing. The picture is that size.
Your image is 800px wide while the forum can display 1000px wide images in posts ?

And wider images (1200px) can be viewed in a lightbox too.

So I am a bit surprised by your answer.
Try Ctrl+ to zoom in?
It just shows a bigger image, not a better quality.

Not a big deal, but I've never understood why those weekly events screen caps are so small

Suspicious Futurama GIF

I used to think that it was to limit the interest of stealing them for Twitter or else, but as long as they are watermarked with GTPlanet...

Last edited:
Your image is 800px wide while the forum can display 1000px wide images in posts ?

And wider images (1200px) can be viewed in a lightbox too.

So I am a bit surprised by your answer.
Here's 1280x720:

1729165940252.png

And 1000x563:

1729165969577.png

And 800x450:

1729165995001.png

And a screenshot of all three at once in my post:

1729166160886.png

It just shows a bigger image, not a better quality.
Yes, that's how zooming in works outside of TV cop shows.

They're crap quality because they're off a PS4. They start at 1920x1080, but then I have to crop the black borders off so they're about 1800x1024. I resize them to 1280x720 (and leave the watermark off) for the article, and post them in here in 800x450.

Here's a PS4-original-size shot of one event compared to a PS5-shrunk-to-match version:

1729166960272.png

I don't think it's hard to see the quality difference.

Personally, despite my advancing age and deteriorating vision, I can read all four of the events, work out what the Special is, and read the prizes on the 800x450 shot. I don't know what other information you'd need.

Can I get back to the articles now?

Last edited:
I used the LM55 but FM6. I'll have to give FM4 a go, but as I recall I didn't have much fuel left at the pit stops.
I think I was going about 7 laps or so I don't remember. I tried FM6 but I didn't feel like I had enough speed so I tried FM4 and I felt like I had enough speed with good fuel economy. There was a lot of short shifting so that probably helped

Well all the layout's of it are long and complex to do, that's why I try not to race there much. But when I see it in the Weekly challenge list, it is hard not to resist the temptation to complete the race held there.

Well I'm grinding the hell out of the BAC Mono Grand Valley race, I'm sure it's worth a handful of credits after getting the CRB.

Since the randomizer seems still bugged, I had a look into my garage and thought I'd stick with some of my former Special Event cars.
The Skyline is engine-swapped now, the Gallardo is @AlexWilmot 's tune. Not sure about its fuel consumption but ... I'll see tomorrow. Think I've got a nice mix of fast and super fast cars :D - ready to go !

WC_241018_GS.jpg

Last edited:
Back