Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,995 comments
Today i give a shot to various cars at historic race .
Vette ZR1 89 was a fast demolition stock on SS tyres .

Ferrari 512 on SM stock.

Ferrari Dino stock on SS was very enjoyable.

Also try stock Trans am on SS but couldn't pass and stay ahead of the Lampos and Miura ,they always pass me on straights .

Most entertaining was Dino so far .

The cars I used in this week's Weekly Challenge:

Toyota Hiace Van DX '16 (Bullet Express Livery, used by T. Yamanaka in the same race; Left of the photo below is me) (Sunday Cup):
Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise__56.jpeg
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (Historic Sports Car Masters):
Grand Valley - South Reverse_.jpeg
BAC Mono '16 (BAC Mono - One Make):
Grand Valley - Highway 1__2.jpeg
Nissan GT-R Premium Edition T-Spec '24 (Nissan GT-R Gr.4 Livery) (Nissan GT-R Cup):
Deep Forest Raceway__11.jpeg
BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16 (World Touring Car 800):
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A__1.jpeg

Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise__56 (1).png

This edit replaces the GT7 Advert with Dexter Cleaning, the way the billboard was back in GT Sport Pre-1.45

Last edited:
Just wanted to get the longest race of the week out of the way early doors, and I plumped for the Gr.3 GT500 NSX and for the first time I modified a stock Group 3 car, adding a Medium Turbo. For those long flat-out sections of Saint Croissant.

I modified the ECU as so not to lose at the fuel management game. 80% was the sweet spot, no fuel map required, short shifting was sufficient at FM1 to win with a bin-free and consistent race.

As an added bonus, I got plenty of practice in for the Genesis VGT Time Trial around here. It's sorely needed!

I used the following cars this week:
192a583f1a435-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The Bugatti VGT Gr1 was on FM3 with a no stop strategy
I used the Highlighter Green GTR next
Bac Mono took a couple of tries because I was overdriving the car.
It took a couple of tries with Ferrari GTO because bad braking habits
Finally I used the Valkyrie to go as fast possible on the last race. Got 1 million credits from the 6 ⭐🎫

I'm through. And I'm very pleased honestly. It's been a wonderful batch of challenges, great tracks, and I'm super content with my car selection. Nothing too slow, nothing too fast ( except the Skyline which was kind of a CE-3 experience anyway ) and very enjoyable all around.
In general, I had a different approach this time trying to get the perfect run ( within my abilities of course ) right from the start. This meant quite a couple of restarts at each event, a mix of time trialing aspects and GT mission driving aka finding the best way to pass road blocking AI, and patiently improving my own performance. On the flip side, whenever I finished a run it's been a P1 with CRB.
And here's the cars I used :

Race 1 - Porsche 356 Speedster '56
From the very first time I drove this car, I loved it. I used the stock setup here ( forget about the roll cage ) with CM tires for 363 PP. You always need to pay attention to the lift off oversteer, the biggest challenge however was to find a way past the Demio twins.

WC_241018_R1.jpg

Race 2 - Mazda Eunos Roadster '89
The car I built last week. And it made this event to be a real challenge. The Roadster's great handling wise but it simply lacks power on the straights. I had won the race already but decided to finally slap on RH tires for 561 PP. Not much of a difference regarding lap times but enough to consistently catch the leading car well before the final straight.

WC_241018_R2.jpg

Race 3 - BAC Mono '16
It's been A. Eriksson. It's always been A. Eriksson. He's a nightmare. Did anyone try to battle this guy ? I was close to destroying expensive hardware ... Needed a walk in the park to cool down before finishing this race successfully. Did I mention : stock setup on the BAC except SS tires for 663 PP.

WC_241018_R3.jpg

Race 4 - Nissan Skyline 2000 '70 ( engine-swapped )
LOL. I mentioned recently I hadn't used engine-swapped cars so far, so this was very very new to me. Guess it's been the all or nothing approach but my Skyline is equipped to the max. Brutal power, no downforce. So you can imagine a lot of UH and AH and monster fun on my side. If you don't learn about throttle control here you'll never learn ...
Now the race hasn't been a challenge, I'd still like to ask for some advice though : Whenever I get to the compression / left kink after the downhill section leading to the main straight, the car massively pulls to the left inside and it's hard to get by there. Any ideas how to solve this ?

WC_241018_R4.jpg

Race 5 - Lamborghini Gallardo '08
Now this car's a piece of art setup wise. It's not an all intuitive drive but if you once get the hang of it it will take you anywhere. Awesome !
As for the race strategy, I used RM tires, FM 6 and short shifting for one stop halfway through the race. Finished first with a comfortable 25 sec gap to the second place car.

WC_241018_R5.jpg

On my bucket list now : Running races 1, 2 and 4 with the Skyline.

:cheers:

@rheinaoi :
Great that you accepted my Broad Bean Bonus challenge.

Last edited:
Regarding last week's challenges, I unfortunately got stick drift on my DualSense controller, which made it a real pain to do the Gr.1 Road Atlanta race, so I wasn't able to complete it. However, I got a new controller now in time for this week, and I knocked out all but the final race so far.

Race 1: Sunday Cup - Tokyo Expressway
Car: Nissan Fairlady Z 432 '69

Gran Turismo® 7_20241019125629.jpg

Race 2: Historic Sports Cars Masters - Grand Valley
Car: Ford GT40 Mark I '66

Gran Turismo® 7_20241019131245.jpg

Race 3: BAC Mono One Make - Grand Valley
Car: BAC Mono '16

Gran Turismo® 7_20241019191515_1.jpg

Race 4: Nissan GT-R Cup - Deep Forest
Car: Nissan R34 GT-R V-spec II Nür '02

Gran Turismo® 7_20241019200407.jpg

Since the PP limit for this race was 700, which is Gr.4 territory, I decided to buy a Skyline R34 and race spec it. It unsurprisingly turned out to be pretty overkill, but was fun to use, nonetheless.

Last edited:
I did hard mode again and this week was indeed a challenge, since most races really felt hard for me.

Race 1: Tokyo - Toyota Hiace @378.94 PP

1000015333.png

Now this was a classic photo finish! Won by 8 thousands😎 The Hiace was tuned with some sports parts and a low rev supercharger. Feels pretty nice to drive! Srsly, I like this van!

Race 2: Grand Valley - Corolla Levin @579.23 PP

1000015334.png

Wanted to use the Ford Roadster first, but while it has all the power and speed for this, the brakes were a huge problem. Locking up almost immediately. So I switched to the Corolla. Had a few f* ups in my race and just took P3. And since I'm not a fan of this track and had another race to do here, I really didn't want to try again. P3 is fine🙂

Race 3: Grand Valley - BAC Mono @727.35 PP

1000015335.png

No fun at all😟 I really start to hate this car. It's incredibly twitchy and slides a lot, even on RM tires. Won the race but was glad when it was over.

Race 4: Deep Forest - Nismo 400R @635.21 PP

1000015336.png

I've read here that the PP limit is much too high for this race, so I went with a stock 400R first, but only finished fourth, 5 seconds behind a pack of 3 GT-R 17's.
So I gave the car some sport parts and a mid rev turbo and with that it was an easy win.

Race 5: St. Croissant - Mazda LM55 VGT @799.47 PP

1000015337.png

I first tried the Audi RS5 here but it didn't feel good. Underpowered and understeery.
So the Mazda again. Feels much better, more lively and forgiving.
I know that many people here don't like this track, but tbh, once you memorized it, it's not that bad IMO. But memorizing always takes some time for me, so I misjudged a corner in the sixth lap and crashed. Finished P4 so had to redo the race and this time I finished P2.

So what did I get from my ticket?

1000015338.png

Yeah, another VGT🫤 At least it's one I don't already own and it has a cockpit😄 Not sure yet if I should keep or sell. Is it useful for anything?

Last edited:

Enjoy watching the entertainment here at Grand Valley. I used the Mustang Mach 1971 car. I'm surprised it led me to 2nd place because the max speed it got to was only 150-151mph. And the best thing is I got a CRB too. So I'm okay with this result for now, I can always come back to it at a later time.

Didn't try any of them yet.
Are you run them stock ( except tyres ) or with some upgrades ?
They’re basically Mr. P’s tunes. For the Skyline, all go-fast upgrades, just reduce the ECU and PR. For the Shelby, all bolt-on upgrades, sans blower and intercooler. You can raise the power by using SH.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back