Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 5,079 comments
Ok… here me out. We had JGTC in weeklies for Japanese tracks, now we have DTM for european tracks… maybe something is coming for US tracks? Trans Am? Or something like that?
I was thinking that last week and we got the Historic event. The cars in both dealerships looked like a set up for Trans-Am. However, we need a BMW 2002 and Datsun/Nissan 510/Bluebird.
We’ve got the Mustang, Camaro, Dodge, Alfa and Mini. We’re nearly there. ;)

Took on the American Clubman event in a very legitimate American style.
1729895393100.png

Surprisingly easy win in the stock car (though on Sports Softs) - the AI is not great around here.

Got three of them in today. I'll do the last two tomorrow.
DTM
Easy win with my EVO. Took the lead on the 5th lap. Fun DTM race as always. A lot of fender rubbing.
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout__3 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Tokyo was crazy! Used my Subaru Gr.B. Went out on RH. Rain came at the end of the second lap. I stayed out and took 1st while everyone went in for IM's. Boxed at the end of lap 5 also because I needed fuel. Went on IM's. Rain stopped at around lap 8. They went back in for whatever tires. I decided to suck it up and was in 1st again. Held first until the end. My two left tires were full red and the rights were 3/4 red for the last lap. Had to baby it and won by 6 seconds.
Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise_ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Monza in my funky Praiano tuned F430. Easy win.
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Well, last week was a clean sweep. This week, not so much...
  • European Clubman Cup - Zagato VGT 🚫
  • American Clubman Cup - Roadster Shop Rampage 🚫
  • Ferrari Challenge - 458 Italia 🚫
  • WRC - GT86 Gr. B 🚫
  • DTM - Alpine A220 🚫
I really tried to drive as clean as possible, but these events are picky.

Reward: NOS Kit for C7 Gr. 4 from 4⭐️ Daily

After having a lot of fun last week, the new set of races has been a bit of a letdown tbh. Can't help it ! I've finished them all anyway of course using Nagano's suggested stock cars as a start and upgrading them when needed.

BMB Speedway - Audi TTS C. '14
Came in fifth at my first attempt with the full stock car a couple seconds behind Gallo. Didn't have the nerves then to improve the car's performance little by little, just mounted SS tires, race ECU and exhaust and a high range turbo ... and went for the win. Even received a CRB.

WC_241025_R1.jpg

WT Raceway Laguna Seca - Dodge Challenger Demon '18
As much as I like the track I disliked the car that I wanted to keep full stock though. Really had a hard time to get this thing under control on one hand and moving forward on the other. Some practice laps and restricting myself to use higher gears only did the trick. No fun but a win, CRB as well.

WC_241025_R2.jpg

AN Monza - Ferrari 458 I. Gr.4
Again, left the car full stock, thought a win should be possible even against way faster opponents. And it was. An easy win with CRB, a boring race and annoying at times. Why does a Tributo that is running 300 m ahead of me literally wait for me and block me right at the entrance of Rettifilo ? Etc Etc ... Done and dusted.

WC_241025_R3.jpg

Tokyo Expressway C. - Audi quattro Pikes Peak '87
@GTvsForza called these new events picky, now this one is for sure. Desperately tried to keep it clean for the bonus ... to no avail. 12 fast cars battling on a short and narrow, slightly wet track. Ok ! For me it's been pitting after 5 laps for fuel and a new set of RH tires and just staying safe thereafter.

WC_241025_R4.jpg

Circuit de Barcelona GP - Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93
I didn't have any upgrades on the car before and that's how I went racing. Managed a fourth place, however, without any chance to catch that holy trinity of Alfas up front. That's when the tuning virus caught me again : Got me RM tires and the turbocharger, dialed the car in right below 700 PP ( although not necessary ) and smoked the competition.

WC_241025_R5.jpg

Let me apologize guys for being quite negative this time round ... well, just trying to be honest. What I'm looking forward to is my plan Z : @Nebuc72 racing a Civic at Laguna Seca was quite inspiring. :D

Finished off the last two races today.
Blue Moon with this MB. Just a bit over 600pp at 619 on SS. Was sort of lucky because when I passed Valerio on lap two in traffic, he got stuck back there for the longest time. He only finished 6th. Won it by 7 seconds.
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Laguna Seca in this Camaro at 649pp on RM. Easy win.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_ (9) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Ran a few more Laguna Seca races including this where my CHP was after some hooligans. :lol:
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__5 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Latest Posts

Back