Weird people online

• Thread starter GTracer98
  • 200 comments
Players coming into a clearly stated 220 and equal room and requesting we do what they want.
Karts driving in reverse on SSRX

Players coming into a clearly stated 220 and equal room and requesting we do what they want.
Karts driving in reverse on SSRX

Are those 2 separate issues or do they happen in unison? :lol:

At least they're "requesting". In my experience, I've had people come into the room with clearly stated rules, and DEMAND for changes. :boggled:

Last night i enter a lobby that say no X1 and the lobby master was using a X1 and crashing into everyone and if you use a x1 he just kick you out

Must have been the same host that said "GT500 Enduro-7 laps" on Nurb 24hr. Joined room. 2 X1's, one going backwards, and a guy in a Cappuchino er............Cappuccino.

Last edited:
In the coffee car??

Yesterday i joined a lobby called car soccer, i joined and everyone was using tank cars or X1`s, i grabbed my pink fiat 500, then you can imagine the rest

Some guy tried to troll, yesterday, in a Team Redline drift room.

He pretended to drift with us, but kept hitting us. The host wasn't there to kick him.

So, I said "Yeah, stop hitting." He didn't.

So, I anti-trolled in the Red Bull X2011. The guy wasn't even pissed off. Then, just as the host came back, the guy flipped out, & the host kicked him.

2 hours ago i found a lobby called NASCAR clean, what happened was that the host was a 9 years old kid with an extremely anoying voice and was going backward to ram everybody head on, i told him to not to do that and he shouted at me every word he knew and then he kicked me out

Happend to me before. Kid was a squeaker and tried to ram me off. I wasn't in a good mood that day, so i gave him a piece of my mind by ramming him. He yelled " KICK BOBERT!!!!" His butt buddies (Who are way older) joined. My bad mood wore off when the squeaker denied the ramming threats, and his friend yelled saying if he saw me IRL, he would break my jaw. :lol: I got kicked after that. Needless to say, i haven't lol'd that hard in a while.

Long before while I was browsing an online lobby alone for the first time in the lounge for a transient fun besides ordinary AI races, I found one that was titled "The club of flash Japanese cars" and first thought that all the participants were playing in obedience to the regulations like usual online parties are supposed to do, until I realized that there was a relatively high number of weird people who make it a habit(or rule?) to poke fun at other players.

When I entered in the lobby the players in the lobby were almost Chinese and a few of Japanese people, and the ongoing track shown up for the participants was Suzuka and some of the guys in the lobby were already on the course to start to have a test run before the race starts, the remaining time being around 30 seconds or such.

So I only could have a short run for some seconds before the race and after that the race began with myself sit at the tail of the starting grid and not well prepared for the coming match.

After the race started I captured the guy running in front of me to try to overtake him, but he started to drift in the middle of the corners and sabotaged me by breaking in the approach of turnings and intentionally blocking my pathes in a dangerous way, yet I was having a thought that he did that not to let me pass him by so easily.

After having passed the guy and when I about to start to get the heels of next dude in the back straight, the next guy also blocked me the same way as the first one did(stepping on the break in the middle of the straight! :crazy:) and when I outstripped him and attempted to turn the 130 in the full speed, he audeciously hit his car to mine and I stripped off the track dropping into the cellar, I immediately quited the race and got out of the lobby being so disappointed with the attitudes of the players in online lobbies... not knowing if the host later kicked those guys off after the comp finished(I guess not because the host might take it for granted that such deeds can be permitted for doing to the outsiders like me :drool:... or the Chinese are just that ill-mannered? :guilty: :lol:)...

Moving on from the finger pointing (please stop,) I recently had a run in with some of the guys from GT Academy; weird, slightly, in that they were QUITE talented, but, not in a bad way.

Anyone got any weird stories about weird people online that they actually liked? Like, I'm supporting optimism here. :scared: :nervous: I don't know how long this will last.

I have raced against people that use nothing but the Leno car. They are on my friends list only because they are clean and don't get in the way of races but I find it strange that they only use one car online. I mean, they get lapped twice in a 5 lap race at High Speed Ring :lol:

Yesterday i joined a lobby called car soccer, i joined and everyone was using tank cars or X1`s, i grabbed my pink fiat 500, then you can imagine the rest

Desperately want to do this!! Look for a lounge titled "soccer" or perhaps "football"? (American football might as well be called helmet ball - only two players kick the ball after all)

Which lounges? Any tips?

Last edited:
Desperately want to do this!! Look for a lounge titled "soccer" or perhaps "football"? (American football might as well be called helmet ball - only two players kick the ball after all)

Which lounges? Any tips?

just enter any room with a fiat 500, insta-demolition derby

New story: found a GT500 lobby called "no contact gt500" on Nordschleife. Joined, started racing. 1st lap and the host divebombs and because I didn't see him coming I hit him a little bit. Nothing terrible, just a racing incident. After the race I said "Great race" because it was a very clean race except some bumping but you have to remember it was the 'Ring ;) After that the host kicked me... probably for that little hit. Very smart :|

Once a girl came into my Dirty Nascar room, typed that she was "so drunk" and has a drinking problem, then left. She later came back in and then apparently didn't know how to exit a room :odd:

Another woman spent a slew of races flirting with some guy (this one had a mic, I left eventually).

And of course, the little kids with microphones :scared:

Nothing against the fact that they like GT5 and want to race. What I don't particularly care for is when all they do is swear and call everyone rude names. Yeah, some of the grown men I race with do that but from my experience the kids are always the worst, and they almost always seem to have a Redbull to brag about :rolleyes:

Inspiring :grumpy:

Especially when they don't really know what they're talking about, bragging relentlessly about their driving skills while at the same time wondering why they're going so slowly when they shifted up to 5th gear "really fast" right off the line :odd:

Must have been the same host that said "GT500 Enduro-7 laps" on Nurb 24hr. Joined room. 2 X1's, one going backwards, and a guy in a Cappuchino er............Cappuccino.

You do know you can place the cursor over the room description and see the current settings before you join right? If an X1 was on the track obviously the room restrictions were nowhere close to GT500 level and that should have been your first clue:idea:

There's a way that you can vote to kick someone & you don't need the host necessarily, do you?

This is true, but usually either no one is paying attention or no one cares so it rarely works unless you're in a room with people you know. :grumpy:

Did a Nascar race once, didn't say it was clean or dirty, but in the room were at least 4 people just sitting on the side of the track trying to block the people who actually wanted to race and on top of that there was one driver who kept trying to ram every person he saw.:rolleyes: I eventually left.

^^That's the problem with many people in GT5, Johnnypenso. Sometimes, if you ask a question, like "Do I have to use a road or a race car?" NOBODY will answer.:rolleyes:

^^That's the problem with many people in GT5, Johnnypenso. Sometimes, if you ask a question, like "Do I have to use a road or a race car?" NOBODY will answer.:rolleyes:

I covered that exact scenario in [post=7826456]Johnny's Foolproof Guide to Avoid the Worst of Open Lobbies[/post]

"Don't try and reinvent the wheel. If you see everyone else in an NSX, don't pick a BMW. If you see a mix of cars with no obvious restrictions, pick a similar car. Save your questions for after the first race. "

If you do that, it's hard to go wrong. If after the race the host is uncommunicative you have two choices.

1. Follow along and do what everyone else does..usually foolproof
2. If you're dead set on getting a certain car in, in spite of no one else using that particular class of car (racecar vs. street for eg. ), then get into the car and see what happens.

I always pick option 1 and I've never been let down..💡

Back