Weird people online

• Thread starter GTracer98
  • 200 comments
:ill:
yesterday i was in my little club of racers, suddenly a kid joined and started to throw racist coment just because we are southamerican, i told him this: "Please don't insult anymore", then i heard the ultimate rage, even more than the rages of CoD

W-W-Wait I thought that was impossible!?:ill: :scared:

I was hosting a room, 450pp evrywhere clean. I had the tire's set to sports soft. The track vote landed on a track with time change and weather change. I make a few comments on how I was going to wreck....making everyone in the room laugh. Except for
one guy who starts wailing on me in the text box about rain tires. I explain to him that
sports tires have tread. He said I should change the tires. I told him no....It is my room, my rules. He turns no his mic, curses me out, calles me stupid redneck and leaves the room.

Yeah SOME people tend to FREAK out when it's raining on track and you're on street tires. I don't get it. We do low PP shuffle on comfort tires and it's not a problem. It's do-able. Sports soft @ 450pp should not be a huge problem.
Rain tires are racing tires for race cars.
Not to say you can't use them for road cars. But it's surely not necessary.
It's rain, it's more difficult. But people can drive in the rain! Maybe not all like Senna... :lol: But I think it's fun.

I was driving around a room with Dooglers8 when the whole room (including us) started discussing cars. Then some random guy comes in and gets offended that we are talking instead of driving. He proceeds to insult us all, then say he's posting this room on YouTube under "stupid racers." Why he started getting mad at us still remains a mystery. Weirdest encounter I've had yet for sure.

These are all good examples why I quit GT5, I started right from GT1 and they are fun with the right room. I started sim racing in 1979 at the age of 19 and wow have things changed over the years.

These days I like iRacing, I have just over 1 year in that service now. You get rewarded for good racing and punished for poor racing. Can you imagine a race with 44 cars on the track and no one is talking. You hear the occasional "sorry" or "on your right" Races are on average 50 minutes or 80 minutes long. Once in a while we have 2 1/2 hour races.

I don't think I could ever go back to GT5 or Forza, they were fun but as this thread talks about weird rooms you have raced in, at iRacing it's actually about the racing. :)

These days I like iRacing, I have just over 1 year in that service now. You get rewarded for good racing and punished for poor racing. Can you imagine a race with 44 cars on the track and no one is talking. You hear the occasional "sorry" or "on your right" Races are on average 50 minutes or 80 minutes long. Once in a while we have 2 1/2 hour races.

Not to be too narcissistic, but... this sounds like a less-funny version of what we run in the W.M.A. Granted, we talk a bit more about lap times, and such, and don't use microphones (therefore, we don't say "on your right") but, the premise remains the same.

Certainly, though, iRacing would be awesome, if it weren't a subscription. I'm sorta scared of subscriptions.
It certainly seems realistic.

Another thing, "sim" racing in 1979? I mean, I suppose you could "sim race" against the ghosts in Pac-Man, but, unless you know something I don't... :lol:

I'll have to call BS on that year also.. Pole position for Atari and arcades didn't release until 1982.. Unless you want to count airfight on PLATO

Well, where can I start?, I've seen so many strange room names... "Marijuana lovers" as an example.... but I've seen stranger room names that I don't think I can name here... :crazy:

As for user behaviour, I'm pretty sure you know that mexicans (like most latins) are very passionate towards things they love: soccer, baseball, wrestling, auto racing... I can tell you that even death threats are said out there... :scared:

But anyway it is just so funny to get there because ALWAYS they (and sometimes, we) are arguing about useless things :lol:

Some stupid mexican once kicked me off before the race even started!:mad: He had a mic and kept making fun of everything i said and i think he was cussing me out in spanish to! For absolutly no good reason! Can you spell jerk!?!?:mad:

Americans kick mexicans as soon as we join any room hosted by them, or they just try to make us get in last place to have something to make fun of us, deal with it ;)

Rooms that say's,all welcome.and you enter the room and the host kicks you.

They do it for the trolling :D

I was driving around a room with a friend when the whole room (including us) started discussing cars. Then some random guy comes in and gets offended that we are talking instead of driving. He proceeds to insult us all, then say he's posting this room on YouTube under "stupid racers." Why he started getting mad at us still remains a mystery. Weirdest encounter I've had yet for sure.

Fixed

Showing names, whether it is the accussed or not, it's against the AUP, take a look at it :)

Fixed

Showing names, whether it is the accussed or not, it's against the AUP, take a look at it :)

Good deal. :) Thanks for reminding me, to remind him. :lol: I would just hate to be mentioned, even if I did nothing wrong. My best friend's now on GTP with me, so... :lol: expect some "interesting" stories. We have quite a history, my best friend and I. :lol:

Americans kick mexicans as soon as we join any room hosted by them, or they just try to make us get in last place to have something to make fun of us, deal with it ;)
Really? Wow people ae so racist! This was probly the 1st time i tried to race in the open lobby, that mexican had a mic and well i don't know what his problem was but he just kicked me for no reason. I didn't have a mic, i was just using chat. I remember the race was called "DRAG RACE NO BS!", i don't remember his username (which i can't put anyway). But i see were your going on that but frankly i still don't understand people like him.

Hosting an inherited Free Run room, I am driving on track when I start hearing thuds and realize it's loud "rap" music. I immediately kick the person and send him a message explaining why he was kicked. The answer I received involved me, sheep, my mom, tunnels, and guns. I wasn't really expecting that. It's a good thing I kicked him.

Hosting an inherited Free Run room, I am driving on track when I start hearing thuds and realize it's loud "rap" music. I immediately kick the person and send him a message explaining why he was kicked. The answer I received involved me, sheep, my mom, tunnels, and guns. I wasn't really expecting that. It's a good thing I kicked him.

Yep, I don't understand that.
They seem to think getting kicked is SOOOOOOOO HORRIBLE that it justifies abusive attacking messages?

Recently I was closing a room and no one was able to take over hosting (posted rules room)... and the guy must've missed the message, and I was in a hurry, and when he got kicked he sent me nasty attack message with profanity on PSN.
Why?
He thought that was appropriate to behave that way I suppose.
But kicking someone from a lobby is not okay apparently in the mind of these people???

Breathtaking self-centeredness, and astounding level of rudeness.

It makes you wonder if getting kicked from a strangers public lobby in gt5 elicits that sort of tantrum attack... What do these people behave like in real life when someone seriously slights them or worse, IS actually nasty to them?
What do they do then, pull out a chainsaw?
Because they seem to escalate exponentially, I'm not sure how much further there is to go for someone like that. :boggled:

Not to be too narcissistic, but... this sounds like a less-funny version of what we run in the W.M.A. Granted, we talk a bit more about lap times, and such, and don't use microphones (therefore, we don't say "on your right") but, the premise remains the same.

Certainly, though, iRacing would be awesome, if it weren't a subscription. I'm sorta scared of subscriptions.
It certainly seems realistic.

Another thing, "sim" racing in 1979? I mean, I suppose you could "sim race" against the ghosts in Pac-Man, but, unless you know something I don't... :lol:

I think it was some Atari title and really did not resemble anything like that came out in the mid to late 80's. I'm talking about 6 to 10 polygons per vehicle. This title may have been it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Driver

I'll have to call BS on that year also.. Pole position for Atari and arcades didn't release until 1982.. Unless you want to count airfight on PLATO

Call what ever you like sonny, my guess is you were not even born then.

Neither was I, but, I asked for clarification, rather than fully doubting...

Well I don't remember everything since 1979, hell we were all pot smoking hippies back then. We Albertan's are famous for our beer drinking. If you could of seen us playing games back then you would have laughed. There was no such thing as the internet or any of the goodies we have now.

Clarification is something I can't give now, give iRacing a shot when you are ready, it really is the best racing on the planet. PM me and I might be able to start you out.

Recently I was closing a room and no one was able to take over hosting (posted rules room)... and the guy must've missed the message, and I was in a hurry, and when he got kicked he sent me nasty attack message with profanity on PSN.
Why?
He thought that was appropriate to behave that way I suppose.

In iRacing, if someone does what you just explain, you report them and for the first instance they will lose 3 months of PM privilege. When they get it back and they do it again it is 6 months suspension. I heard a third offense you get kicked out of the service.

While racing we wear headsets with a mike, some guys only use a keyboard, either way, if you swear during the race and someone reports you, you lose your microphone privilege for 3 months, if you repeat it you get banned from iRacing. It really is amazing how good it is, now if I turned on GT5 and joined a race I would get a massive headache.

Clarification is something I can't give now, give iRacing a shot when you are ready, it really is the best racing on the planet. PM me and I might be able to start you out.

I believe it. But, is it better than rFactor or rFactor 2? I'm waiting for someone to persuade me, one way, or the other, because I'm pretty timid of the subscription. I'm only 18, and I can't get a job (in Ontario, where "good things grow," but don't include: jobs, jobs, or any jobs,) so I don't know when I'll have the money for a G27 & iRacing or rFactor.

Last night whilst messing around on The Top Gear Test Track in free run, an Italian guy teamed up with a Spanish dude and continually crsshed into my car pinning me in by the tyre wall! I couldn't understand this especially as I was in the little Suzuki car/bike thing and they were in the Dodge pick up and a GTR with shedloads more torque and weight than me! Karma prevailed though as room ownership changed to me shortly after and I kicked the pair of them! Anyone else come across people like this?

Weird people online..

lol, try them offline! :) just look at those adorable animals (people) all around us when we go outside! :)

Here was my scenario:

Lobby title: PARTY HERE
when I saw it was on tgtt so I thought drag drift trade n chill.
I join.

It was a x1 fest O.o

I asked y was every1 usin x1 and I got kicked in a matter of seconds :/

I've ran into soooooo many people that have JDM in their username, that drive a "stanced out" Hipstermobile, and are constantly making fun of Japan, and using the word bro, or brah, makes me somewhat ashamed to own a 300ZX in real life.

I was in a NASCAR realiste (french lobby) which means Realistic NASCAR. We started racing. I started 1st and one guy behind started to bump me all the time instead of overtaking. And there was an other guy who tried to P.I.T me in the corners. Then at lap 5 the host kicked me. I just didn't understand how did he kick me if he was racing? As far as I know when you're racing there isn't an option to kick.

I was in a NASCAR realiste (french lobby) which means Realistic NASCAR. We started racing. I started 1st and one guy behind started to bump me all the time instead of overtaking. And there was an other guy who tried to P.I.T me in the corners. Then at lap 5 the host kicked me. I just didn't understand how did he kick me if he was racing? As far as I know when you're racing there isn't an option to kick.

Tip: NASCAR doesn't make sense. Logic tells me NOT to bump. Bumping slows you down... But, NASCAR fans quickly (60 years later) found that bumping while drafting (called bump-drafting) is quite fast. They do it in real life. Donc, "la course réaliste de NASCAR serait la course de l'aspiration par pousser" (Means: "The real NASCAR races would be races of drafting by pushing.

As for the host, I have no clue.

There's french NASCAR lobbies? I didn't know that!

I think you're talking about bump drafting, as said above. That's normal in oval racing.

By "P.I.T", you mean "pit maneuver", rear-clipping?
That's DIRTY NASCAR, and would usually not be appropriate in a clean room. I'm not familiar with how the French title their rooms... It could be that "realiste" doesn't necessarily mean "fair" or "clean". I don't know.

I don't think a host can kick someone unless they leave the race.
Occasionally when I host a lobby & see really bad behaviour in a race, I'll quit the race to either watch someone &/or kick them.
But I don't know of any way to do it inside the track.

My latest:
Lobby titled "clean"
Announcement made that it's a clean or kick room.
Rules made clear & announced.

One guy joins & after reading announcements, says, "clean racing is boring racing". I asked him if he wanted to be kicked before the race.
His reply: "I can always find something else" or something to that effect.
:confused:
Of course I kicked him.

Another guy, upon reading the rules argued that what was against the rules was "part of racing". IE: that dirty driving is "just a part of racing", and followed it with a "lol".
Next race, I watch him, he's off-roading mowing the grass & barging full speed back onto the track in front of people, etc. :rolleyes:
I kick him, and he sends rude messages on PSN, so I block him.

Why would people like this join a clean room?

If someone thinks clean racing is boring... why would they join a clean room? And why announce that they don't like clean racing?
:boggled: :confused: :boggled:

Now that's weird. It makes no sense at all. There's no logic for it.

Another issue:

Clean room, announcement is made that DIRTY DRIVING SHOULD BE REPORTED ALWAYS.
Someone complains that the race was too dirty and leaves.

:confused:

How is the host ever supposed to know about dirty drivers if nobody ever reports them? (Only stupid people drive dirty nearby host in a clean room!)

And why would people fail to report dirty driving when that's announced as a rule of the room???

Makes no sense.
It's weird.

Back